Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    January 6, 2005
    Countdown - January 6, 2005 (8:00-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    Topics/Guests:

    ATTORNEY GENERAL NOMINEE ALBERTO GONZALES FACES SENATE HEARING: Dan Eggen, Washington Post

    DEMOCRATS STILL OBJECTING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS: Craig Crawford, senior columnist, Congressional Quarterly, MSNBC political analyst

    GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER PROPOSES OVERHAUL OF CALIFORNIA REDISTRICTING: Karen Breslau, San Fransisco bureau chief, Newsweek

    THE SEARCH FOR MISSING AMERICANS IN THE TSUNAMI DISASTER: Dean Radford, vice president of global security and intelligence for International SOS

    OLBYWATCH GUIDE:

    First of all, let me thank Bob Cox for the welcome, after watching Countdown with full attention for the first time, I can understand his warning. Danger Olby One Kenobi, rank delusions ahead.

    Although KO claims to be non partisan, as in this email interview with Mark Glaser who asks him why he is the first (and only) one reporting on the Ohio "fraud", KO makes the incredble statement ">>>Relative to my being first, I think it's largely because I'm not a full-time political guy and not a partisan.<<<

    His partisanship reeks through even his supposedly humorous stories. He had some excellent footage of the Tsunami and the disaster at the beginning of his show, but had to get in a dig at the Bush administration by asking his correspondent on the scene, Dean Yates, about those (namely, but unsaid, the Bush administration) who say that this is an opportunity to show the world they are humanitarian.

    The question is phrased to give maximum humiliation to Powell and others when the expected come back, none of these poor villagers have ever even heard of the United States and couldn't care less, is instead answered that yes, all the people receiving help in Indonesia know that *all* the help is coming from the United States, and that the U.S. is the only ones who can get in there and give them help. "Unnh" KO grunts, clearly disappointed by that answer.

    These kinds of ridiculing questions and extremely biased 'tells' in his approach to every story is what made me stop watching him so long ago, after enjoying him as a sports guy for years. But I forgot, he is totally non partisan. Right.

    He started the Gonzales piece by saying that Gonzales poo poo'd the Geneva conventon against torture--actually what Gonzales did was say it didn't apply because terrorists don't meet the definition of soldiers--and while he will trash Gonzales with little ridiculing comments like this, there is never anything from the other side. The national terror alert system---stolen from the rainbow. Dumb, but anything to bash the Republican Administration.

    But let me get to the story he has spent so much time on recently, the so called Ohio Electoral fraud. KO and Craig Crawford spent most of their time defending themselves and slapping each other on the back for wanting this electoral protest to take place in the Congress. They assured themselves that if the shoe were on the other foot that the GOP would also be doing the same. Don't sooner or later you actually have to have some evidence that there was some kind of fraud? Interspersed between one black Congressman screaming that some people had to wait in line four hours to vote in Ohio...In the Rain!!!...followed by John Lewis of Georgia screaming black people died to win the vote...ah when was that? 1885?

    KO, Moveon.org and the Democrats would be funny if it weren't so offensive. They are clearly delusional, no one takes this seriously, and the sad thing is that the people who do believe this get their delusions fed more and more by KO's false legitimizing of nonsense like this. Why is Moveon.org not living up to its name? More like staystuck.org.

    If they really cared and were genuinely non partisan they would be doing other things than trying to undermine Bush's clear electoral victory. This is neither the appropriate time or place to be calling for voting reform, and therefore one can only conclude that that is not what this is about. This is about undermining Bush, about adding depth to the phrase, Sore Loserman, not fixing anything.


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (11) | | View blog reactions

    11 Comments

    Great summation MHaley. I feel like I've watched the entire show and really need a good hot shower now.

    Thanks for watching and posting.

    I think in honor of Keith, the phrase should be put into the stylbook as always being spelled "Sore Losermann".

    thanks Chuck, and Johnny, good idea. He is after all one of the few left in the mainstream media supporting this vote fraud in Ohio story, actually he may be the only one. I noticed that Chris Jansing and her assigned guest last night both were a bit incredulous over this story, Chris asking a question in the exact opposite manner as Keith would. She asked, won't the Democrats be concerned about appearing bad over this (Boxer's rebellion). Her guest was smiling in acknowledgement.

    Unfortunately it was much more recently than that, MHaley. A former Klansman was arrested today for the 1964 murder of three civil rights workers who were encouraging blacks to attempt to registered to vote despite literacy tests designed to thwart them.

    But thanks for the dead-on clarity you have about the stunt yesterday and the mindset of those behind it.

    Cecelia, thanks for your comments. I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole on the 1885 date, I don't know when the last time blacks died for the vote. But it sure as heck wasn't from standing out in the rain for four hours in Ohio last month.

    Actually, those slain civil rights workers were all white, I believe. And most of soldiers in the civil war were white. Come to think of it, most of the people who died for blacks to vote were white.

    I am sure if Jesse Jackson were at Congress yesterday he would be saying "it's Selma all over again", like he does about everything. Inflating any perceived slight into the highest sort of injustice diminishes racism to a joke.

    I don't see ANY evidence of fraud or racism in the Ohio vote, nor in Florida 2000. I lived in Florida then and was mad when the state settled with the NAACP over "disenfranchisement" of black voters then. They had zero evidence, but the state did not want to appear insensitive.

    That is the problem with these constant over exaggerations and made up charges, it creates a delusional reality for people, increases their paranoia and sense of seperation, and prevents real problems from being solved.

    Napa,

    They were Michael Schwerner, age 24, Andrew Goodman, 20, both from New York and James Chaney, 22, from Meridian, Mississippi. Chaney was African American. All were Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) members working to sign up new voters.

    Napa,

    I'm sure you mean well, but upon rereading your last post, I have further reactions.

    First, please accept my deep thanks for your insightful prognostication: "I am sure if Jesse Jackson were at Congress yesterday he would be saying "it's Selma all over again", like he does about everything." It provides a helpful glimpse into the workings of Rev. Jackson's mind and motivations. Cool!

    But you don't stop there. "I don't see ANY evidence of fraud or racism in the Ohio vote, nor in Florida 2000."

    Since you "don't see it," it doesn't exist. I admire your resolute absolutism.

    You continue: "I lived in Florida then and was mad when the state settled with the NAACP over "disenfranchisement" of black voters then."

    (You appear to still harbor resentment over this.)

    "They had zero evidence, but the state did not want to appear insensitive."

    May I ask how it is you know this? Were you "on the inside" of the legal action of which you speak?

    Your big finish: "That is the problem with these constant over exaggerations and made up charges, it creates a delusional reality for people, increases their paranoia and sense of seperation, and prevents real problems from being solved."

    The old " Must be another one of those EXXXAGGGERRATIONS..." argument. We exaggerate and people get delusional and paranoid. Or perhaps we who are delusional and paranoid exaggerate, diverting attention from problems of real import. You know, denial also can prevent problem-solving. Which are you guilty of? If you choose none of the above, I submit that you're at least guilty of making sweeping, unfounded "gennneralllizzations."

    To say I don't see it, is a way of expressing my opinion. And I can tell, I have looked. Friends of mine were ballot examiners in Florida, I studied all the evidence that was put out including the Human Rights Commission Report, one book on the Florida election from each side. I read numerous newspaper articles during the whole thing and it was basically my whole life for months I was so caught up in it at the time.

    I have argued Florida so much already I am tired of it and am not going to get back into it again in any big way, but I can tell you the strongest evidence they had of racial "disenfranchisement" fraud was a woman who went through a police traffic stop set up in a neighborhood at their request, where they did the same thing every month, two miles from the polling place. She got through fine, and went on to vote, but later told Mary Francis Berry's investigators that she just felt "intimidated" by the traffic stop. The rest of the evidence is downhill from there.

    Generalizations can be dangerous, but sometimes they are just true. All water is wet is a generalization, but it is a true one. No genuine evidence of racial fraud was found in Florida or Ohio is a generalization but it happens to be a true one.

    Here's another one for you. Democrats are so busy making up bogus claims like this that they are not doing their real job as the minority party which is to come up with substantive opposing ideas with which to counter Republican policies. It makes people like me think they are not credible.

    Republicans gained the majority when Newt Gingrich came up with his 1994 Contract with America, marking when the GOP stopped whining and started offering something. If the Democrats want to start winning again they need to actually stand for something that is real, not all this manufactured conspiracy stuff.

    Napa,

    My bad on "I don't see," which I took to mean "witness."

    Apparently I wasn't as immersed in Ohio as you were in the Florida recount. I've not claimed outright fraud, only that I saw numerous irregularities and heard considerable anecdotal reports; enough that I hesitate to discredit those who lodged such claims. I can't speak for Florida 2000, except for what I've seen in the public record, but regarding evidence in Ohio, first-hand experiences raised my suspicion. Nothing I witnessed was any more exrtaordinary than the reported anomalies. These may be explainable--the next step was to thoroughly do that. Since that won't occur, I feel you and others who share your point of view are a tad presumptive to assume none was credible.

    Regarding your disbelief in the credibility of the Democratic Party, all I can say is that if this election proved the Republican party credible to you, I'll not convince you that the Democrats will ever have something to offer you. Enjoy your party and prosper!

    You seem to be a nice fellow--a bit ill-informed but polite and I appreciate that. Thanks for your courtesy. And I mean it--enjoy the next 4, 8 or whatever years! Y'all won!

    Thanks for your comments.

    I hardly think this election proved the Republican party credibility.:) I have never witnessed a descent into lying in American politics as bad as this year, way worse than 2000 in my view. By both sides.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but the thing about vote fraud is that what happened in Ohio that Democrats are trying to gin up into fraud is the same thing that happened in every state in every election, I think actually the voting was better in Ohio than a lot of places. The only reason the Dems went after it is because the vote was fairly close and they thought they should have won.

    I am sure that voting was worse in California, as far as mistakes. I know it was in Napa, there were all kinds of errors but the thing of it is, elections are run by humans and humans make mistakes. Nobody cares about California's votes because CA is squarely in the pocket of the Dems. In Napa they mailed absentee ballots, wrong names on some ballots, wrong precincts, wrong everything. The local paper made much of it but nobody cared because for one thing most of us including me know the local Election Sup, John Tetuer, and we know he isn't pulling anything. Its a small place and it is easier to tell things. Even though he is a Democrat and they run this town, as a Republican I trust they are not going that far.

    No, I really think the Democrats with all these phony trumped up accusations have really hurt the Democratic process in this country by being so small minded and extremely partisan. Part of the problem is that they blindly feel superior and that they should be running things, they are outraged that Republicans who they see as neanderthals destroying everything are winning elections, and that that justifies just about anything. It is a blindness that as long as it persists the GOP will just keep doing better and better.

    Howard Dean for DNC Chairman! Yeah!

    Napa,

    Thank you very much for your observations and opinions. Politics can be a dirty business. I agree with much of what you say, but suggest only that you frame your opinions with "I feel," "I suspect," "I think," rather than "I am sure," "I know," etc., unless you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, because it can blunt the impact of your argument on anyone who rightly or wrongly holds a dissenting view. They may miss the "trunk" of your argument because they latch onto a weak "branch." This isn't easy, because we believe stongly in our opinions and want others to value them. But when one states opinion as fact to an opponent, I think it can reduce one's ability to persuade. I'm guilty of it, too, but am working to change it. We need to argue points of fact against points of fact and opinion against opinion; the lines between which, these days, are becoming blurry indeed.

    For instance, to your point "Part of the problem is that they (dems) blindly feel superior and that they should be running things, they are outraged that Republicans who they see as neanderthals destroying everything are winning elections...". I'm a registered Democrat and I don't feel this way. My bothers don't feel this way, my sisters don't feel this way...you get the idea. How `bout trying "I think part of the problem is that they blindly feel superior and that they should be running things...".

    I, for one, will respond much better to arguments framed in this manner, as, I believe, would most "responsible" Democrats. I suggest this only because you seem reasonable--I don't mean to lecture or insult you and I certainly don't intend to appear superior. It's just that people have pointed this out to me and I feel my arguments are better as a result. Some who post here may disagree.

    BTW, I still don't see why everyone made such a fuss over Howard Dean's yell. We've all gone a little nuts (I think!).

    God Bless.