Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    January 5, 2005
    Lefties Step Up Pressure on Ohio Vote Challenge

    I go this note from Wes Boyd at MoveOn.org

    When Congress reconvenes this Thursday to ratify the 2004 Presidential election, Representative John Conyers (D-Michigan) will object to the vote count in Ohio, and if even one Senator joins him, Congress will have to debate the widespread voting problems that have been exposed. Nobody expects this election to be overturned, but it's time in this country to seriously grapple with the issues of voting rights, un-auditable computerized voting, and the suppression of minority votes.

    Call your Democratic Senators today and ask them to join Representative Conyers in challenging the 2004 voting process. With your support, they can step forward and force this important debate. Just call:

    Senator Charles Schumer: 202-224-6542
    Senator Hillary Clinton: 202-224-4451

    Please let us know you've made these calls at:

    http://www.moveon.org/callmade14.html


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (15) | | View blog reactions

    15 Comments

    As if a congressional investigation can put a stake in the heart of the "suppression of the minority" vote canard. And aren't the people who are complaining about electronic voting the same folks who complained about the outdated punch-card system?

    Congress investigated all the allegations of the 2000 election and came up with nothing. Not that proof is important when you can merely complain about Republican majority supression when no intentional fraud is discovered.

    Ain't nothing wrong with the voting system that a John Kerry win wouldn't have eclipsed...

    The point is to give legs to the lefty meme that Karl Rove and Republican officials plan and carry out nefarious deeds (such as an election heist) like characters in an Oliver Stone movie.

    Then they break for a working lunch involving scheming with the Swift Boat vets...

    Sheesh...

    Cecelia,

    I smell bait.

    "As if a congressional investigation can put a stake in the heart of the "suppression of the minority" vote canard." Perhaps not, but we owe it to ourselves to see. "...Aren't the people who are complaining about electronic voting the same folks who complained about the outdated punch-card system?" I suspect that many who cursed the punch cards in 2000 are also disenchanted with the electronic machines. Does that make either concern less valid? Or is your point that we should simply disregard these as the wailings of chronic whiners?

    "Congress investigated all the allegations of the 2000 election and came up with nothing." Woops...Republicans turned down a bipartisan proposal to investigate. Lacking senatorial support, the official request for a congressional investigation stalled. In 2002, Florida settled with the NAACP and four other groups who sued the state alleging various types of election fraud in 2000.

    (http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/04.28A.Election.Fraud.htm)

    "Not that proof is important when you can merely complain about Republican majority suppression when no intentional fraud is discovered." We MUST have proof, however, no proof will ever surface if allegations remain uninvestigated.

    "Ain't nothing wrong with the voting system that a John Kerry win wouldn't have eclipsed." AS IF in the case of a Kerry win, the GOP would have graciously accept it. If the Washington gubernatorial race is any example, what would indicate that the GOP's reaction to a loss would be any different from those you so vehemently chastise? Were the tables turned, why do you think you'd act differently?

    "The point is to give legs to the lefty meme that Karl Rove and Republican officials plan and carry out nefarious deeds (such as an election heist) like characters in an Oliver Stone movie." If you truly believe this, I'll never convince you that some of us really care about election reform. It should be a bipartisan issue, but I doubt it ever will become one.

    "Then they break for a working lunch involving scheming with the Swift Boat vets..."

    Let's allow the Swift Boaters to gently drift away with the tide, shall we?

    -p

    The groups trying to raise rabble over the Ohio vote are giving new meaning to the term
    "Sore Loserman". I think that most Republicans would welcome investigations into voter fraud, because most if any of it is coming from Democrats. Probably they will find a total lying ideologue like Mary Francis Barry and the Human Rights Commission to conduct it like they did in Florida, which was a total sham.

    Rumours are flying around that Barbra Boxer will join the black caucus and object to the Ohio vote. If she does, if she is that dumb, it will just make the leftie Dems look that much worse.

    I sort of have an uneasy feeling about all this, though. These people do not give up their delusions easily, and lack of evidence seems not to matter. They are going to keep going on this forever, it seems. Oh well, there are still pacifists around who think we should have stayed out of WWII. The only thing is that they didn't have Keith Olbermann around to pimp for them then.

    Now there's a fact-based argument. Thanks for your enlightening contribution.

    Paul,

    You're right, I mispoke when I said that congress had investigated the 2000 election, it was the civil rights division of the Dept of Justice and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. Both groups found no evidence that there was any organized or systemic pattern of voter fraud.

    But ya know, what does anything like proof matter when you play the race card. The mere allegation itself is potent, even when it comes with a contradict as the one made today by the Democrats. They assure us that they aren't saying Bush didn't win the election... they're just suggesting he might have gained the office because of the disenfranchisement of what would have to be close to 100,000 people.

    And I'm aghast at some sort of point you're trying to make about my statement that Dems wouldn't care about election problems if Kerry had won. You'd think the fact that they focus solely on Ohio, with all it's electorial votes, would overwhelmingly point to that conclusion?

    So why the 'apples compared to oranges' reference to Washington State with it's much closer election and out-of-the-blue discovery of uncounted votes?... And is the argument-- saying it proves you guys (Republicans) would demand an investigation if Kerry had won in Ohio... REALLY the point you want to make when you're defending the legitimacy of an investigation based on objective merits and not political objectives?

    But hey, why should I be surprised that you'd contradictorally defend something as beng non-political based on your inevitable argument that you're playing politics like Republicans do.

    Kerry had millions of lawyers on the ground. he is not participating in this fiasco, and made sure he distanced himself (in Iraq) as it unfolded. If slimy lawyers Edwards and Kerry, along with hoardes of other slimy lawyers, couldn't find anything, what is the protest all about? PAUL, WHY DIDN'T KERRY STAND UP AND PROTEST? WHY DID BOXER HAVE TO DO IT! RETARD

    You know, we hear a lot about how Republicans gay-bait and race-bait and the Southern Strategy and what not. But here's a piece written by Shelby Steele after the 2000 election. Substitute Kerry for Gore in the piece and see how appropriate it is for 1/6/05.

    As a Southerner, I especially appreciate Steele's point about the cynicism inherent in using unfounded claims and rumors to evoke a shameful period in our history where disinfranchisement was much more than standing in line for hours.

    http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=65000710

    ‘Race Card, C?’ OUTRAGEOUS! The fact that the NAACP was involved was immaterial--it could have been anyone. They were named in the article, which I included to show that your claim of polka dots and moonbeams in the 2000 election is full of hot air. Race card? Ridiculous.

    You go on: "They're (the dems who objected to Ohio's official electoral results) just suggesting he might have gained the office because of the disenfranchisement of what would have to be close to 100,000 people."

    While predominantly black, urban precincts were among those affected, the allegations went way past them. That's NOT ALL they were suggesting, even though it was indeed a component of their claims.

    You wrote,� I’m aghast at some sort of point you're trying to make about my statement that Dems wouldn't care about election problems if Kerry had won."

    Did I say that? Nope. My point was that if W had lost under similar conditions, I doubted the repubs would handle it much differently. I'll give you that Washington State isn't "apples to apples" with the national election. I used it to show only that both parties want to win and will challenge until they hit a roadblock. If you contend that repubs are above such "sore-loserman" behavior, I don't buy it. And yes, it's the "argument I want to make". I never said the investigation wasn't political. I said, "We MUST have proof, however, no proof will ever surface if allegations remain uninvestigated... It should be a bipartisan issue, but I doubt it ever will become one." Reforming the electoral process is inherantly political.

    To your comment: "You'd think the fact that they focus solely on Ohio, with all it's electorial votes, would overwhelmingly point to that conclusion." It points only to the fact that Ohio was the only place with allegations that if proven, had a ghost's chance to affect the outcome...nothing more, nothing less. If you care to read more into it, be my guest.

    Whimsically, you wrote, "But hey, why should I be surprised that you'd contradictorally defend something as beng non-political based on your inevitable argument that you're playing politics like Republicans do."

    What? This is so convoluted readers should take a muscle relaxer or at least take a hot bath to get though it. But why should I be surprised, Cecelia, when put routinely words in my mouth to argue points I never made? In the past, you've accused me of selective reading. At least we have THAT in common.

    They took their shot. Now, let’s move on.

    Hey, WB (AP, whatever), welcome back... I thought you were through with this blog? I'll add "retard" to my list and as ever, thanks for your thought-provoking, inciteful discourse.

    Paul,

    I'll admit I'm no writer but that's of little necessity when you make a point of agreeing with nearly all of my assertions.

    Speaking of muscle relaxers...you might want to consider your own contortions when arguing simultaneously that cries for an investigation into unfounded allegations of voter fraud in Ohio are politically motivated BUT this sort of fishing expedition is for the good of the country... Afterall, how else will the Democrats find the proof they need?...

    Now why would THAT effort be less than bipartisan? Evidently, when your side says that election reformation is badly needed in the U.S., you also mean for YOUR political landscape...

    Wow! Not even Anti-Paul encouraged liberals to make a bipartisan effort for the good of the country AND ...oh yeah... it'll help us realize our political ambitions...

    As for the race card... evidently you missed the C-Span speeches... One moment particularly stands out: Maxine Waters says she regrets that Mr Blackwell in Ohio is a African-American.

    Now that I think about it, maybe this effort has been bipartisan. After all, the vast majority of the Congress and Senate shot it down.

    You write swell, C and I admire your choice of words. You come up with words I've never even heard before.

    Politics is a conduit through which most social change passes. The struggle to affect any socio-political change is enacted by our elected officials, lawyers and politicians, many of whom have a clear agenda. Change agents also include the media, courts and public opinion, all of which can be manipulated.

    I'm not suggesting that all those who participated in yesterday's protest were "politically pure" (an oxymoron?). I'm saying it's all essentially political. When you accuse them of being politically motivated, I don't see that as an egregious condemnation. Find me a politician without an agenda and I'll buy you lunch.

    Proven or not, from my white-bread, suburban cubby-hole, I saw in this election, for the first time in my life, things that made doubt the fairness of the electoral process. In saying this, I don't suggest elections have always neen fair.

    I've admitted that this election rekindled a long dormant political activism in me, but it probably started back in 2000. Although I was never a huge Gore fan, the outcome of that election amazed me. And when it comes to stupefaction, last year's election didn't disappoint. That we failed to prove fraud is unfortunate, because what some of us saw in this election--while not proven to be fraudulent-- is decidedly different from fair. Until we're able to prove change is needed, suspicion will continue to cloud the process.

    Some of your comrades feel I'm a traitor for merely suggesting this. To them, my wanting as seamless an electoral process as is practical is outright seditious. Even so, the right to participate in free and fair elections is the bedrock of the democratic process. If it ain't "broke," don't fix it. But I contend that while it may not be "broke," it's in dire need of routine maintenance.

    Well, Paul, you're a swell writer too and I'm absolutely sure that I know a lot of choice words you've never heard before.

    I know too that arguments suggesting that the surest way to bring about any needed improvements in the voting process can be achieved by giving a national forum to anyone with a beef, is a very convenient non-sequitur.

    Don't believe that could possibly be the case? Why don't Dems try the non-political route and see.

    Nothing is stopping you. Paul, from carrying on with your new-found activistism.

    Yeah, we won, but youse guys can certainly continue to agitate for change in the system. And while you're at it see if you can remind O.J. to find his wife's killer.

    I appreciate your consent to dissent in lieu of your ringing endorsement. You truly have a gift for combining totally discordant objects. Ever consider surrealism?

    Impressionism describes it more aptly.

    Impressionism describes it more aptly.