Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 6, 2005
    Olby Loses It

    From Countown for January 5, 2005, the words of Keith Olbermann on MSNBC's newscast of record:

    Nationally, these are leaders who won re-election last year largely by portraying their opponents as incapable of keeping this country safe. These are leaders who regularly pressure the news media in this country to report the re-opening of a school or a power station in Iraq, and which regularly defies its citizens not to stand up and cheer when something like that is accomplished. Yet they couldn't even keep one school or power station from being devasated by infrastructure collapse in New Orleans.... Most chillingly of all, this is the law and order and terror government....

    For many of this country's citizens, the mantra has been, as we were taught in social studies it should always be, whether or not I voted for this President, he is still my President. I suspect anybody who had to give him that benefit of the doubt stopped doing so last week. I suspect also a lot of his supporters, looking ahead to '08, are looking to how they can distance themselves from the two words which will define his government, our government: New Orleans.

    No words of criticism for the mayor who had to be cajoled into calling for an evacuation and left 500 busses standing rather than using them to save the lives of his constituents. No words of criticism for the Hamlet-like Governor who couldn't make a decision on federal help for 24 hours.

    And needless to say, no super on the screen reading "analysis". Or "opinion". Or "commentary". But then, this is Keith Olbermann. Why should they start doing that now?


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (30) | | View blog reactions

    30 Comments

    Umm...I'm pretty sure there's no need to put "analysis" or "opinion" or "commentary" over Olbermann, since pretty much everyone who watches his show already knows that opinion is what the guy offers.

    JD,

    You fail to report the LENGTHY prelude to his commentary, in which KO painstakingly pointed out that this was indeed commentary. Is your ommission intentional? It sure adds emphasis to your argument. Maybe you just drifted OFF for a few moments... You should flip around a bit. Olby's hardly alone in his critique of this absurd, tragic situation. For a few days, it was even bipartisan. But now the Bushies seem to have gotten all their ducks in a row (pun intended).

    It's indeed reassuring to know that Bush will be there when they rebuild to congratulate all who get one of the new jobs that rise up in the storm's wake--and that Trent Lott will jostle George W to see to it. I look forward to W sipping juniper tea on Mr. Lott's new front porch. It'll be a fine porch, you can bet! I feel another photo op.

    Many recall a time not so long ago, when an administration could create a job or two without relying on natural disasters. Ah, but I wax nostalgic.

    Back to your objective "reporting"...keep up the good work. Your selective outrage continues to amaze.

    Of course he introduced the segment by saying it was commentary. So why not put it up on the screen? Decades ago, Howard K Smith did commentary on ABC News, and even though Frank Reynolds always stated that this was to be commentary, ABC still had "commentary" on screen throughout the segment.

    Perhaps this is why newspapers do not sprinkle editorials and op-ed columns throughout the pages of their papers, but have them on a page clearly labeled opinion. Olby's example would be like the NY Times putting its editorial in the middle of a page of news items.

    Even an ego like Bill O'Reilly can suck it up enough to tolerate the words "commentary" on screen as he gives his nightly editorial. I don't think there is any reason to grant Olby a special exemption from standard journalistic practices.

    "Also on this point, this is not typically a newcast of commentary; I can recall only twice offering such perspectives. But something Homeland Security Secretary Churdoff said at his news conference Saturday made this necessary."

    Debates about Olbermann's 'commentary count' aside, I can't imagine anyone but the absolute slowest of the slow needing some sort of chyron to designate that segment as commentary.

    Oh, you who argue that Fox or any of its key personalities are "Fair and Balanced"...you're so precious! It's obviously a send-up. At some point, you're gonna' bust out laughing and say "I GOT YOU...I really had you GOIN'," then offer me a beer.

    Do you honestly expect me to believe that you feel Mr. O'Reilly is a model of objectivity, by virtue of the fact that he actually identifies a section of his show as commentary? What about the vast expanse of opinion he utters nightly devoid the super? Does the fact that he tags one part of his broadcast mitigate the intended subversion conveyed by those not so marked?

    Olby is a shill for the left. Fox News has no agenda. O'Reilly is Fair and Balanced. There is a dominant left-wing MSM bias. This administration is forthright with the American people. Bush did everything in his power to minimize the impact of Katrina. Yada, yada yada. Recite and repeat. Recite and repeat.

    O'Reilly's program is an hour of opinion, analysis, and commentary. It doesn't pretend to be a newscast. Olby's program is purportedly an hour newscast. It doesn't bill itself as an opinion/commentary/debate show.

    If Shepard Smith were to suddenly stick a commentary in the middle of The Fox Report, without even putting a "commentary" logo on screen, I would have the same view.

    When does school start so Cox can finally go to kindergarten and entertain himself there rather than fulfill his ego with this dumb blog?

    That Olbermann has personally editorialized every story on Countdown, is not new or surprising.

    That even "unbiased" anchors do commentary is not not new or surprising.

    What is new here is an anchor person making the blanket condemnation Olbermann has cast over the entire tenure of an administation. Read the piece. This isn't the sort of nuianced, thoughtful, weighed commentary of a Howard K. Smith. This is utterly politicized and over-the-top rantings of Howard Dean, of George Sorros and Air America.

    Again, THAT's novel. (But not surprising.)

    I want to add to the above by saying that if you want to read a thoroughly enjoyable, looking at everything, rough and tumble discussion of Katrina, try Mickey Kaus at Slate.

    http://slate.msn.com/id/2125735/&#states2

    Dear People of Earth,

    I know that irrationality is built into the sytem for all of us, but I now must demand that a consensus occur on this thread, or I will be forced leave you all to create my own Island Domain.

    Can we agree that the FIRST RESPONDERS (the Gov. of Louisiana and Mayor of New Orleans) are primarily to blame here? These points are not debatable:

    #1. If Mayor Nagin and Governor [sic] Blanco evacuate the City before the hurricane AS PER THEIR OWN PROTOCOL, nobody in New Orleans dies. That's right, NOBODY DIES. See if you can figure out the answer to this word problem:
    A hurricane is going to hit New Orleans. The local authorities call a mandatory evacuation. The city is evacuated. How many people in the city die as a result of the hurricane? QED!

    #2. If the New Orleans police force remains on duty instead of looting and running away, there would be MORE LAW AND ORDER! Another word problem:
    Police protect people against crime. There are 1000 police officers normally. If a third of the officers don't show up, and some officers decide to loot or ask British tourists on rooftops surrounded by water to "show us what you got," will overall crime and looting be greater?

    #3. If the criminal element of New Orleans had been properly addressed BY THE MAYOR IN THE PAST, less looting and killing would have occured. True/false problem:
    Being tough on crime decreases the criminal element at large in a city

    #4. Governor Blanco was responsible for the initial call-up (and lack thereof) of the National Guard. This is a fact.

    #5. Once the flood occured, the people were screwed, and catch up was the name of the game. The Federal Government is a SECOND RESPONDER and is supposed to BACK UP local authorities.

    #6. Louisiana is a STATE with LOTS OF STUFF IN IT AND PEOPLE AND COPS AND FIREMEN AND EQUIPMENT AND BUSES AND NATIONAL GUARD, all of which were inadequately mobilized by Blanco.

    #7. Nagin and Blanco are Democrats

    #8. Keith has a mental disorder

    "I now must demand that a consensus occur on this thread, or I will be forced leave you all to create my own Island Domain."

    Bon Voyage... Be sure you pack sun screen.

    Ahhhh Paul! Taking lessons form Olby, are we? Questions are posed -- threatening questions -- and we derail the discussion with an outrageously unfunny quip! Congrats Paul -- you are one with Olby.

    Anyway, the world needs people who get it wrong to galvanize those who get it right. Paul, I give you credit for hurting your cause in so many ways. The quippy nonsense, the holier-than-thou blabbering, the Krugmanesque dementia. . .it's all so delicious.

    I don't suppose you want to tell me why you disagree with any of the above points, as that would require you to fix the levee that broke in your head and flooded your brain.

    You're ill informed yet content to rush to judgment. I'm not. You slander those who disagree with you or prefer to postpone conclusion until faced with evidence (which, by the way, is what our fearless leader--and your party recommends). I won't. I wasn't there to witness what went wrong. Apparently you were. Forgive my not having the benefit if your ringside seat. I refuse to let Republican Party talking points, administration photo-ops, Fox "News," KO or anyone else lead me to a conclusion. If you have sufficient information to decide, so be it. I do not.

    This will be investigated...let's hope, fully. Even so, I refuse to accuse, indict or slander anyone (including you, my right-wing friend) until we have more information. I do SUSPECT that this administration is culpable at a very high level; especially given Bush's claim that "No one could have anticipated" the levee would be breached, when years of documentation prove otherwise. Until we know for certain, though, I submit that such conjecture is merely masturbatory.

    I didn't attack you. I merely accepted your gracious offer to go away. Now, be a gent and keep your word, eh?

    OK Paul. What eloquent drivel! Replete with words like "slander," "talking points," etcetera! Masterpiece. I see a future for you at the New York Times as Paul Krugman's research assistant.

    Regardless, I fail to see why you need an investigation to see that the MANDATORY EVACUATION did not occur, that the COPS FELL APART and the CRIMINALS went wild. Really tough to see those points. I suppose you need a commision to tell you the answer to point #7? Perhaps you need another commission to determine that the GOVERNOR is incharge of the first response? Or that she controls the National Guard?

    Paul you pathetic hack, why don't you ADDRESS THE QUESTIONS instead of bleating inanities? Do they get you anxious? Just like Olby -- "I don't like those questions, so let's ignore them." No wonder he's your hero.

    I love this little sentence of yours by the way: "You're ill informed yet content to rush to judgment. I'm not. You slander those who disagree with you or prefer to postpone conclusion until faced with evidence. . ." OK Pauly, what is your pal Olbermann doing? Is he "rushing to judgement" as he wildly accuses the Bush administration for all the ills of Katrina? (I know -- the commission on that matter is still out, right?)

    By the way, the levees all you wonderful democrats are complaining about were built by LBJ's administration (a Democrat, but you may want to wait for the commission report Paul) at CATEGORY 3 strength because it was "more cost effective." In addition, guess where the money Blanco and Nagin were getting for the levees was going? Half was diverted to support gambling ventures! Well, I guess those two morons gambled and lost now, didn't they?

    As for going away, I just got here buddy pal.

    Thanks for referring to my post as "eloquent" drivel. You're too kind.

    Exactly where did I say KO was my "hero"? Please don't deflect criticism of you to someone else...it'a a textbook diversionary tactic, a favorite of the right-wing.

    Your "questions" don't threaten me, but your logic and attitude are indeed suspect. You're indignant because I'm willing to defer judgment until I've more evidence. I suggest you do the same...just a polite suggestion, one that will stir up lots less bile.

    LBJ is now responsible, eh. Well done. Most Republicans stop at Clinton. A tip of my hat to you. You've reset the bar.

    Be assured that my not taking your arguments apart doesn't mean I lack the ability or information. I do, however, lack the motivation.

    Regarding your refusal to seek Island refuge...in the future, please don't make promises you've no intention to keep. You got my hopes up.

    C,

    Hi, again. Glad to see that you're well and have stuck with your convictions, even though I had hoped you'd come to the "light".

    Your comment: "That Olbermann has personally editorialized every story on Countdown..." isn't accurate. Watching any of the MSNBC shows that run prior to "Countdown" reveals that many of KO's stories are inserted verbatum (I assume) from line feeds. True, he editorializes many--but certainly not all of them.

    Secondly, in this case, he took care to announce what was coming. Discussion of a CG super or lack thereof aside, it was certainly set apart.

    Finally, on "This is utterly politicized and over-the-top rantings of Howard Dean, of George Sorros and Air America," I wish righties wouldn't lump us all together. You're better than that, C. This was KO, not Howard Dean, not Air America, not Sorros. Righties complain when the left says Rove or Cheney's running the show but in the next breath, accuse dems/liberals of speaking for the "Michael Moore" (or insert name here)wing of the left.

    It's been quite a while since I posted here. I sense that many of you've missed me. (I can feel the love). Maybe you can talk to the new guy (Krazy) about me. He seems to think I'm sinister.

    The sad fact is, this site echoes what was being said way back when I bailed--some new names but SOS, despite all that's happened since then. Olbywatch was dormant for a long time. And now that it seems to be breathing again, I, for one, am wondering, "why?"

    Since it seemed like Olby was taking every other week off, why shouldn't we? You're right, we are breathing again, which is more than you can say for Olbermann's ratings.

    Paul! Long time no read! Missed you! How the chads danglin'?

    And still wrestling with your demons-- Fox News, the GOP, Johnny Dollar... okay, just kidding about that last one.

    You are absolutely right, it was hyperbolic of me to say that Keith editorializes on all his stuff.

    As for the Katrina business, your reserve is very admirable. I agree there's going to be lots of blame to go around, but FEMA probably should take the prize.

    Here's a good link as to the Katrina mess:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4216508.stm

    Dear Paul,

    This site is back because Katrina galvanized many, I suppose. After all, how much Lamestream media ballyhoo and spin can one take before fighting back. Olby is the worst of the worst, so why not start with him.

    Paul, I find it interesting that you go out of your way to respond to my post while refusing to address any of the FACTS I posted. Why would someone do that? I think we all know why. Free your mind for a minute and look at my post. There are facts there Paul. Take another look Paul. . . yes, clear the cobwebs and looooook.

    As for the rest of your snipes:

    #1 I did not "blame" LBJ for the disaster. I only pointed out that the problem has been around for 40 years. Forty contiguous years of Republican and Democrat administrations. As far as the logic of skimping on the levees 40 years ago who knows or cares at this point. So saying [quote] "I do SUSPECT that this administration is culpable at a very high level; especially given Bush's claim that "No one could have anticipated" the levee would be breached, when years of documentation prove otherwise"[/quote] is just plain stupid, and a LIE. Bush said, [quote]"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees"[/quote] (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4204754.stm) Are you going to argue with that? Because if you are, you better get ready to put Nagin and Blanco on trial. Of course nobody anticipated the levee breach. New Orleans had gotten by for 40 years without a levee breach, and the Louisiana authorities were hoping for the best rather than preparing for the worst.

    #2 Congress apportions money for levee maintenance. Bush just signs the bills. By the way, he HASN'T VETOED ANYTHING (something which I find ridiculous). How could he cut funding for levees when all he does is rubber stamp what congress throws his way?

    #2 My favorite consistent quote of yours is [quote] "Be assured that my not taking your arguments apart doesn't mean I lack the ability or information. I do, however, lack the motivation."[/quote] Oh yes Paul, you are so unmotivated! yet you GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to start the conversation. How interesting!

    Mr. Krazy,

    You certainly love to hear yourself write. I've not gone "out of may way." My posts have been intentionally measured. I "started the convo" toungue-in-cheek, in reaction to your comment about going away.

    Now, I repeat, when did I proclaim KO my hero?

    Way to focus on the important points Paul. Sic itur ad astra.

    C,

    I came close to posting a couple of times before the site flat-lined. I was a bit spooked after that whole he said, she said thing between Bob and m or whoever that was. Thanks for the link--it's good to read you again.

    Thus do we reach the stars?

    You've not gotten more from me because I'm not convinced it's worth my time. If you want a dialogue, I'm happy to indulge but I have rules.

    Don't put words in my mouth. Don't bombard me -- allow me time to answer. Don't insult me...in fact, don't insult anyone. When you present a fact basic to your argument, back it up with a source. If you can't back it up, pack it up. Don't speak hypothetically. Finally, answer my questions. Expect the same from me.

    I come from a big, argumentative family...I don't need to argue with strangers. I refuse to engage in a pointless thrash match with a hardhead whose mind is already made up. If you fit that bill, it's been real; fare thee well. If not, "giddyup."

    Paul. . . .Paul Paul Paul

    Do you read your own crap? I never wanted to have a "dialogue" with you. Rather, you threw a little snipe my way a la Olby, and I responded. A simple solution to your quandry is to keep your nose clean. I don't care about your pathetic "rules" of "dialogue." Who the Hell do you think you are? Do you think you can come into a conversation and dictate everything about it? I got news for you -- this ain't "Countdown," and you ain't Olby. So stop with the drama you bizarro. Maybe you should get with the program and respond with some facts or at least an honest attempt at reason.

    P.S. congratulations on looking up "Sic itur ad astra." I would translate it as "such is the way to the stars." I think you may actually live amongst them.

    Who the Hell do I think I am?

    I'm too old to put up with crap, too young to die of natural causes and too weary to waste my time with miscreants.

    "Do you think you can come into a conversation and dictate everything about it?"

    I merely tried to negotiate terms for a civil exchange, which I might add, one shouldn't have to do. Apparently, civility isn't your strong suit.

    You obviously prefer a circle jerk to a reasoned exchange, so I won't interfere. Have fun with your like-minded friends. A little knowlege is a dangerous thing.

    Peace.

    Hey if you can't argue the facts might as well argue
    about the paper they are printed on.

    Paul you grotesque ideologue,

    Have you noticed that every "dialogue" you enter in becomes a bizarre web of words and powerplays? "I'm too old to put up with crap" is a classic use of age as a crowbar. How old are you Paul? Old enough to demand silence from your younger Olbywatch companions? Old enough to deserve pity? I'm sure you'll bring out some real or vague or imagined "military past" next as a hammer. Too bad lots of us have been there.

    As for "negotiat[ing] terms for a civil exchange," even you should laugh at your own words. What was "uncivil?" Perhaps your snipy retort to my initial post if anything. In all these posts, Paul, you have not said ONE MEANINGFUL THING! You owe the cybercommunication highway an appology for wasting so many of its bits.

    I don't think you belong online. Why don't you grab your megaphone and pom-poms and team up with Cindy Sheehan? I bet you'd love a free bus ride with a bunch of likeminded wackadoos.

    What's uncivil is your incessant need to insult opponents. At best, you're patronizing and at worst, caustic and demeaning. Other than that, oh, wait...that's about it.

    You're right about one thing, I've given you nothing...and it's exactly what you've earned.

    Has someone locked Krazy and Paul in here and forced them to confront one another?

    If that's the case, please open the doors and the windows or point out opposite corners of the room where they can sit and ignore each other.

    (Why is it that men always turn a blog board into an...epistolary... contest?)

    Dear Cecilia,

    This is a steel cage death match, and only one man can survive. We are stuck on this thread and unable to leave until one perishes.

    Actually, Paul just needs to avoid snide attacks and engage in a discussion, but it seems he is unable as he realizes the reality of the situation.