Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    November 14, 2005
    North to Alaska

    The Monday night Hour of Spin began with Olby introducing a clip of the President's Alaska speech in his typical fair, nonpartisan manner:

    He met the troops, and also to mete out a little punishment to any Democrat irresponsible enough to criticize the war in Iraq and how we got there.

    After that misrepresentation, KO talked about poll numbers and brought in the chameleon of punditry, Howard Fineman. Howard, of course, is like silly putty--whether he's interviewed by Olby, or Laura Ingraham, somehow he always seems to give 'em what they want to hear. Keith repeated his misrepresentation:

    ...essentially accusing anybody who's critical of the war in Iraq...of being deeply irresponsible. We just heard tonight, in Alaska, he did exactly the same thing.

    Olby must think that if he tells this lie often enough, people will swallow it. And Howie, by nodding in agreement, is his enabler. A taped NBC report from Andrea Mitchell followed, dealing with how much intelligence data the Democrat critics actually had. It started with a straw man fallacy:

    [VIDEO - BUSH]: [Democrats] had access to the same intelligence... [MITCHELL]: But did Senate Democrats really have as much intelligence as the President?

    The President said they had access to it; Mitchell changes the wording to did they actually have it? She makes points like, oh that was buried on page 84 of a report so it doesn't count, and her piece has several Democrat soundbites but none from Republicans. There were a few bones of fairness thrown in at the end, but the thrust was clear.

    With the #4 story Olby faces his nightly dilemma. How exactly does he make the Great Leak Case one of his top stories when there is no news to report? In the grand tradition of the National Enquirer, if there is no news, just create some. A "new theory" that the target of the investigation is actually Dick Cheney. It must be a reliable theory, since it's being promoted by Keith's favorite felon, John Dean. The ex-con speculated about release of classified information, but neither he nor Olby ever addressed a key question. How can someone (like the Vice-President) who is authorized to declassify information possibly be indicted for declassifying information?

    In the #3 slot, the Jordan bombing (via a recycled NBC report) with Steve Emerson opining. #2 was eye candy: amateur video of a twister; and #1 was wacky inventions.

    And oh, KO named another worst person in the world. Now what Republican (because Democrats and liberals never qualify) was the horrible, evil person for Monday? The Governor of Alaska. There is no corner of the USA too far-flung for Olby when he's on the hunt for Republicans he can smear.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (13) | | View blog reactions

    13 Comments

    Saw his #3 story on the Jordanian female suicide bomber. Olbermann was furiously trying to invent a conspiracy. He asked a fairly level-headed "terrorism expert" (Steven Emerson) whether bomber "really was" a suicide bomber! He asked if it weren't a strange "allocation" of terrorists to bomb the same wedding with two bombers! You could see the desperate attempt to create a scenario in which the female bomber was somehow an elaborate ruse meant to fool the world! Olby was doing his best interpretation of a Jordanian conspiracy theorist at work. I really expected him to ask if the Mossad planted the bombs. Emerson (the terrorism expert) had to repeatedly state that terrorists are not rational and trying to make rational sense of what she did will not work. He was also forced to indirectly state that the irrationality of it all does not point to some "grand conspiracy," but rather to a crazed woman with a death wish.

    How can any legitimate discourse take place on Olbermann's show if every story has to be vetted through his paranoia filter first?

    The real problem is with the "deep thinkers" in charge of NBC and MSLSD. Look at what one genius has to say:

    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6283390.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP

    Johnny,

    What I find interesting is the way Matthews and Olbermann use the public opinions polls to willy nilly make whatever point they wish.

    If the public believes that Saddam Hussein was part and parcel of 9/11, it's not because that was the prevailing thought of the world at large given the history of its dealings with the man. No, this would work to exculpate the Administration. RATHER, the reason the public felt this way was because the Bushies sold us dolts a bill of goods.

    On the other hand, the polls now say that a majority of the public feels that the Administration did manipulate intelligence to make the case for war, even though two investigations have not found that. Well, then who has sold the public this bill of goods that is based upon no factual evidence. The media harping on it and stating it as a foregone conclusion for over a year? No...no... don't be silly this is a THOUGHTFUL response from the public.... just ask the boys whose agenda it suits...

    Krazy,

    I missed Daily Kountdown last night but I'm not surprised Olbermann was trying to lead his guest into some sort of wild conspiratorial conclusion.
    Olbermann did that endlessly during his days when he was deeply concerned about the election system in this country. (You remember...when he thought it might help John Kerry...)

    It's not only serious guests that Olbermann leads, the other night he tried to make comedian Mo Rocca conclude that Republicans were more likely to be deviants who want sex with animals... during a segment making fun of Scooter Libby's novel. Rocca denied that theory, to Keith's disappointment.

    Krazy, I doubt it's Mossad that Keith wants to implicate in the bombing in Jordan. More likely it's the Administration. I've not had time lately to check out the "reality based" blog sites since the bombing but I'm sure I'll find the theory there and I'll bet ole Karl Rove plays a role.

    I've looked around the lefty blogosphere and I must say that I don't see any rumors or conspiracy theories linking Bush to the bombing in Jordan. I was wrong.

    My guess now is that Olbermann must think the Jordanians are trying to pull something.

    Remember, we are talking about a guy who publicly wrote that Lance Armstrong was likely lying when he denied taking performance enhancing drugs... because Armstrong is a jerk who once went back on a promise to some union members on strke...

    Who knows what the Jordanians have done to arouse Keith's suspicions. Has the king been bike riding with Bush?

    HERE ARE SOME SELECTED SEGMENTS OF OLBY'S CONVO WITH STEVE EMERSON RE: FEMALE JORDANIAN BOMBER (all emphases are mine):

    [quote]
    OLBERMANN: Let‘s call in NBC News terrorism analyst Steve Emerson.
    Good evening, Steve.

    EMERSON: Hi, Keith.

    OLBERMANN: [b]We‘ll examine the questions of her credibility in a moment.[/b] But if she is legit, how valuable is she to that investigation?

    EMERSON: I think this is probably the most invaluable tool for investigators they could ever find. She is a smoking gun. . .

    OLBERMANN: But [b]if she is legit, why is she cooperating to any extent with them? Is not the premise of this that she is not supposed to cooperate with them? And why would she be wearing the vest on TV? Does any of that fit psychologically with the profile of the suicide bomber?[/b]

    EMERSON: Yes. I mean, I don‘t think we should ascribe very rational, you know, normal behavior of somebody who gets caught and who is prepared to carry out a bombing. I‘ve seen interrogations of those who have tried unsuccessfully to carry out bombings in Israel. And they do reveal exactly what they did. So [b]I don‘t think that we should believe that somehow this is a conspiracy.[/b]

    OLBERMANN: [b]How skeptically thought might the Jordanians be looking at the specifics in that confession? Because the idea that she would have gone into the same ballroom as her husband suggests an [i]unusual deployment[/i], let‘s put it that way, in terms of the resources in a multi-pronged attack, does it not?[/b]

    EMERSON: Yes, well, I mean, look. In the end, the fact that you have a married couple willing to detonate bombs together and kill everybody else while they die themselves apparently is what motivated them. So [b]to ascribe somehow the regular, normal, rational, you know, logic to their behavior would be wrong here. This is a woman who is obviously, you know, fanatical. . .[/b]

    OLBERMANN: [b]Are there pros and cons, [i]particularly cons[/i] for the Jordanians to treat her that way?[/b] Is it going to somehow further incite attacks against them, or [b]is it in some ways seen as a triumph for al Qaeda[/b] that she‘s on television there in some way?

    EMERSON: Well, I think the fact that there‘s such a conspiracy culture emerging now that‘s doubting even the validity of it would have been absolutely overwhelming if the Jordanians had announced they had captured someone but didn‘t put her on camera. They needed to put somebody on camera and demonstrate. . . [b]You know, we have conspiracy cultures here, but it is far more rampant there, Keith [i][/i]. . .[/b][/quote]

    QUITE AN IMPRESSIVE DISPLAY, NO?

    test

    test

    HERE ARE SOME SELECTED SEGMENTS OF OLBY'S CONVO WITH STEVE EMERSON RE: FEMALE JORDANIAN BOMBER (all emphases are mine):

    VIDEOTAPE OF JORDANIAN FEMALE TERRORIST ENDS --

    OLBERMANN: Let‘s call in NBC News terrorism analyst Steve Emerson.
    Good evening, Steve.

    EMERSON: Hi, Keith.

    OLBERMANN: We‘ll examine the questions of her credibility in a moment. But if she is legit, how valuable is she to that investigation?

    EMERSON: I think this is probably the most invaluable tool for investigators they could ever find. She is a smoking gun. . .

    OLBERMANN: But if she is legit, why is she cooperating to any extent with them? Is not the premise of this that she is not supposed to cooperate with them? And why would she be wearing the vest on TV? Does any of that fit psychologically with the profile of the suicide bomber?

    EMERSON: Yes. I mean, I don‘t think we should ascribe very rational, you know, normal behavior of somebody who gets caught and who is prepared to carry out a bombing. I‘ve seen interrogations of those who have tried unsuccessfully to carry out bombings in Israel. And they do reveal exactly what they did. So I don‘t think that we should believe that somehow this is a conspiracy.

    OLBERMANN: How skeptically thought might the Jordanians be looking at the specifics in that confession? Because the idea that she would have gone into the same ballroom as her husband suggests an unusual deployment, let‘s put it that way, in terms of the resources in a multi-pronged attack, does it not?

    EMERSON: Yes, well, I mean, look. In the end, the fact that you have a married couple willing to detonate bombs together and kill everybody else while they die themselves apparently is what motivated them. So to ascribe somehow the regular, normal, rational, you know, logic to their behavior would be wrong here. This is a woman who is obviously, you know, fanatical. . .

    OLBERMANN: Are there pros and cons, particularly cons for the Jordanians to treat her that way? Is it going to somehow further incite attacks against them, or is it in some ways seen as a triumph for al Qaeda that she‘s on television there in some way?

    EMERSON: Well, I think the fact that there‘s such a conspiracy culture emerging now that‘s doubting even the validity of it would have been absolutely overwhelming if the Jordanians had announced they had captured someone but didn‘t put her on camera. They needed to put somebody on camera and demonstrate. . . You know, we have conspiracy cultures here, but it is far more rampant there, Keith [if you don't count Keith's show --ed]. . .

    QUITE AN IMPRESSIVE DISPLAY, NO?

    It's funny Bush is hiding overseas because he's botched things so bad here at home.

    He is the Chimp In Chief

    Ladies and gentlemen,

    From the originality of the above, we must conclude that David isn't just an Olbermann fan, he's a blogger to the reality-based community.

    Does Keith have have your web address?

    Nope, I'm not an blogger. I do watch Countdown, but honestly I don't see what's wrong with the show.

    I think you guys are just screaming about the "liberal media" to hear your own voices.

    One word sums it up, paranoid

    David,

    You're a little more complex than one word.

    We have to sum you up in three: "Chimp in Chief".

    (OF COURSE you don't see anything "wrong" with Countdown...)

    Ted Koppel joked that WH officials had "Irish Alzheimers” about the Plame Affair.

    Now we find the condition has afflicts several media notables and one media mega-legend...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501857.html?nav=rss_nation

    Could Woodward be the journalist who told Libby about Valerie Plame before the VP did? Will the media suddenly come to understand that the charges against Libby are NOT based on the substance of Wilson's allegations? Will the public ever care?.... Is public non-interest a poll that the media finds important?.... Stay tuned...

    Supreme irony that moonbat "David" can read Keith's flailing attempts to prop up conspiracy theories about a captured suicide bomber and state "I don't see anything wrong" with Countdown! David, you should hang out with Mary Mapes and Dan Rather, or write for the New York Times.

    Just out of (morbid) curiosity, did you see anything wrong with the forged-document-based story that Mapes and Rather loved so much?