Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    July 27, 2006
    GE & NBC Universal resort to using Nazism to promote MSNBC

    NAMEFor those few who might still harbor some doubt that the Olbermann Nazi Salute is part of a calculated PR strategy by MSNBC to spead slanderous lies about Bill O'Reilly let me make the case. As I do so, please keep in mind that this is the marketing strategy for the cable arm of the news division of NBC Universal which, in turn, is owned by General Electric is the seventh largest corporation in the United States, the eleventh largest corporation in the world and a corporation with sales far in excess of the GDP of most nations.

    What a company like General Electric is doing engaged in a knowingly false and malicious campaign to defame a competitor by calling him a Nazi apologist through a PR campaign orchestrated at the highest levels of NBC is beyond me. Perhaps Neil Cavuto can ask Jack Welch what he thinks of this next time he appears on Your World.

    You should also keep in mind that I have already demonstrated conclusively that these accusations by NBC executives (Olbermann is just the mouth piece) are knowingly false and entirely without merit.

    Exhibits Follow...

    Exhibit A

    SATURDAY JULY 22, 12:04 PM ET Olbermann Performs Pre-Planned Nazi Salute

    Olbermann, onstage, was kidding around about a mild controversy about whether photographers would be permitted to cover the Saturday breakfast.

    ''So we thought we'd help you out, those of you who needed a good photograph of -- '' and he held up the O'Reilly mask, over his face. The critics laughed.

    ''And, of course, there's a more familiar one,'' Olbermann said, keeping the mask in place while shooting his arm up in a Heil-Hitler salute. The critics laughed again. ''With that bit of structured comedy out of the way, I suppose there's some questions,'' Olbermann said, and the press conference began.

    Exhibit B

    TUESDAY JULY 25, 10:54 AM ET Olbermann sends an email to Brian Stelter of TVNewser (emphasis added):

    Olbermannn writes a love note saying "we'll be distributing this quote today".

    'Over the line?' Where was Roger when O'Reilly defended the Nazi SS stormtroopers from Malmedy in World War II? The SS shot 84 American POW's there in 1944, and three different times in the last year, Bill called has called those dead Americans war criminals. I guess there is no line at Fox News."

    where "we" refers to NBC executives and the MSNBC PR department

    Exhibit C

    TUESDAY JULY 25, 11:00 AM ET Olbermann sends an email to Jim Romenesko of the Poynter Institute:

    Response to Ailes. "Over the line?" Where was Roger Ailes when Bill O'Reilly defended the Nazi SS stormtroopers from Malmedy in World War II? The SS shot 84 American POW's there in 1944, and three different times in the last year, Bill called has called those dead American heroes war criminals. I guess there is no line at Fox News.

    Exhibit D

    TUESDAY JULY 25, 6:44 PM ET During a taping of the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Olbermann sets up showing the pre-planned Olbermann Nazi Salute:

    Olbermann: Fox said "no pictures of our guys at the press tour" so I thought "well I'll give them a picture of the Fox guys. I'll just wear a Bill O'Reilly mask and they can use that picture...everybody sat down, we all had a big meeting about it beforehand and everything worked great until...the next picture was taken [Olbermann Nazi Salute photo displayed]

    where "we" refers to NBC executives and the MSNBC PR department; the pause between "until" and "the next picture" is meant to humorusly convey the idea that the capture of the Olbermann Nazi Salute image was inadvertant.

    Exhibit E

    TUESDAY JULY 25, 6:44 PM ET During a taping of the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Olbermann goes on a Nazi rant, much of which is edited out, but not before this line gets on their air later that night:

    On the air, in the last year, Bill O'Reilly has defended the Nazis from World War II on three separate occasions",

    Exhibit F
    THURSDAY JULY 27, 7:22 AM ET Don Imus falls into line for the MSNBC brass and pimps for Olbermann:

    Imus, “Apparently Keith is on a feud with Bill O'Reilly.�

    McGuirk: That's gotten very ugly.

    Imus: It's not going well for Mr. O'Reilly, does O'Reilly respond at all?

    McGuirk: Well he does in a way by reporting on theratings. He mentions MSNBC but never mentions Olbermann by name. Who actually put an O'Reilly mask on at some broadcast conference and did a Nazi salute. You know it's gnawing at Bill O'Reilly but he would just love to kick Olbermann in
the teeth. But he won't dignify him with a response.

    Imus: Well he had the opportunity to kick Olbermann in the teeth and didn't seize that. Cause Olbermann said he was at some affair where O'Reilly was and there were twenty feet apart. Apparently O'Reilly was staring at Keith. So Keith looked back over at him like, yea bitch, and O'Reilly looked away and looked down at his shoes. Wouldn't lock eyes with Keith.

    Exhibit G

    THURSDAY JULY 27, 8:24 AM ET Having been given a "talking to" for failing to work in the line developed by the MSNBC PR department, Imus tries again. Although Bernard McGuirk isn't so ready to go along, this time Imus performs like a trained seal:

    McGuirk: ...Really ugly though really ugly.

    Imus: What did Keith do?

    McGuirk: He was at a broadcast function recently he put a mask of O'Reilly in front of his face and did the Nazi salute. Which was harsh.

    Imus: According to Keith, Bill O'Reilly on three separate occasions on his program was actually defending Nazi's, did you know that.

    McGuirk: Ah come on.

    Imus: Just reporting the facts.

    ===============

    I don't have the exact quote, I sent an email to The Imus Show Blog asking them to post a transcript of the exchange and/or audio or video so I can post it here and link it. If they have it and make it available I would edit this post with the exact quote and link any audio or video they post

    UPDATE: The Imus Blog has posted on the exchange but did not include the "O'Reilly defending Nazis" bit. I've asked them to put up the entire exchange and once they have it will replace the above with the exact transcript of how Imus worked in the line crafted by the MSNBC PR department.

    UPDATE: As noted above, once The Imus Blog had the transcripts up I would link them and clean up this post with the exact quotes. In the meantime Glenn Garvin wrote a piece on KO's Nazi salute in which KO admits that that the Nazi salute was pre-planned as part of the promotion for MSNBC. As that happened first I added that in as "Exhibit A" and moved the other "exhibits" down one notch.


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (137) | | View blog reactions

    137 Comments

    I hope O'Reilly doesn't take the bait. If he engages these maniacs, he will lose audience share.

    While Olby allegedly wants to increase his meager ratings share, his main goal is to hurt O'Reilly. Nothing angers a failing leftist like Olbermann more than the success of others.

    The angry liberal media is essentially fighting jihad-style against Fox News. They don't care if they blow themselves up in the process of damaging Fox. No wonder they understand the terrorists so well!

    I stopped watched Imus years ago, but was flipping through this morning and did in fact hear them discussing the "O/O" issue.

    Imus repeated Olbermann's assertion that they were at some event; that O'Reilly wouldn't make eye contact with Keith. But Imus actually seemed to embellish the story more - he added, as if he was stating as fact, that O'Reilly was "staring" at Keith all night, and whenever Keith went to look O'Reilly's way, Bill would look down or away.

    Of course, there are three problems with this:
    1. How is it possible that Keith knew Bill was staring at him if Keith wasn't also staring at Bill?
    2. Why did Imus take Olbermann's statement as truth, without hearing O'Reilly's or anyone else's version of the story?
    3. Why was Keith trying to get into a confrontation at a charity event, of all things? Shouldn't he have at least TRIED to act decent at this benefit, concentrating on the reason they were there, instead of making this all about HIM?

    And here's my take: If Joe Torre was holding some sort of benefit and invited both of these guys, why was Keith looking for some sort of confrontation with O'Reilly at this event? Why isn't O'Reilly given any type of credit for avoiding such a confrontation

    I caught Imus this morning and heard the comment you are refering to while they showed the still of the KO nazi salute. I was out in the kitchen and I briefly caught him mumbling "defended nazis three times". Then his producer Bernard interjected something to the effect of "that's not true" and I was hoping he would elaborate but Imus moved on to something else. It dawned on me then after all the coverage on this that the marching orders had been given out at MESSNBC. What a sad bunch of people.

    I stopped watched Imus years ago, but was flipping through this morning and did in fact hear them discussing the "O/O" issue.

    Imus repeated Olbermann's assertion that they were at some event; that O'Reilly wouldn't make eye contact with Keith. But Imus actually seemed to embellish the story more - he added, as if he was stating as fact, that O'Reilly was "staring" at Keith all night, and whenever Keith went to look O'Reilly's way, Bill would look down or away.

    Of course, there are three problems with this:
    1. How is it possible that Keith knew Bill was staring at him if Keith wasn't also staring at Bill?
    2. Why did Imus take Olbermann's statement as truth, without hearing O'Reilly's or anyone else's version of the story?
    3. Why was Keith trying to get into a confrontation at a charity event, of all things? Shouldn't he have at least TRIED to act decent at this benefit, concentrating on the reason they were there, instead of making this all about HIM?

    Does Keith really have such little respect for Joe Torre and the cause for which they were invited? He was so obsessed with O'Reilly that instead of paying attention to the benefit, he focused on Bill all evening? I've never before heard of an adult man who would even think of such a thing!

    I apologize for the posting basically the same thing twice. I went to hit "Preview" but hit "Post" instead. The second post is my corrected version, although I mean to type "adult male" instead of "adult man" (which is redundant).

    But NBC/MSNBC does in fact seem to be after Fox. Too bad Jack Welch still isn't running things over at GE - he's a huge friend of Fox News, and I don't think he'd put up with this.

    Olbermann will move to plan B if O'Reilly does not respond to him, which involves kidnapping Bill's family members and / or going to Fox studios in a jihad vest.

    In Missy's mind if someone glances over at someone else at a celebrity benefit they must not be paying attention to the benefit at all.

    That name fits you like a glove. You bring nothing of any substance to this site. You are indeed a nonfactor. How apropos.

    In Olbermann's mind, if he is at a party, everyone is thinking about and looking at him. Even the crippled kids at the benefit were staring at him.

    There is a word for Olbermann. The word is "delusional."

    In Olbermann's mind, if he is at a party, everyone is thinking about and looking at him. Even the crippled kids at the benefit were staring at him.

    You can always rely on KfK to tell you what happened to Keith Olbermann, where, and what he was thinking at the time.

    The image of Keith walking out to meet Jay Leno with his thighs rubbing together will forever haunt me.

    It seems to me that Olbermann is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He is rapidly becoming Lawrence ("Liar, Liar") O'Donnellized.

    Wait a minute...please don't tell me you think O'leilly is a truthful honest man....he's a creep.

    Next thing you know, I'll read Rush Limbaugh is such an intelligent funny man...yea right

    I love Olbermann....he is creative, funny, actually let's his guests talk without interupting, doesn't have an agenda, and tells the news straight...I guess you could say fair and balanced with no spin..unlike O'leilly

    KfK: "In Olbermann's mind, if he is at a party, everyone is thinking about and looking at him."

    Nonfactor: "You can always rely on KfK to tell you what happened to Keith Olbermann, where, and what he was thinking at the time."

    Uh, Nonfactor, Olbermann's crazy story was all about how he was the center of the Universe. That psycho made it sound like O'Reilly obsessively stared at him when Keith was not looking. Now how would Krazy keith know that? Did he have spies watching O'Reilly all night? Did he keep asking people "is Bill looking at me? Is he is he?"

    The funny thing is Olby was staring at O'Reilly all night! This crazy loon was doing the staring and is insane enough to claim O'Reilly was the one staring at him, then "looking away." Jeez Louise!

    No, Nonfactor, you might want to change what you said, and here is a suggestion:

    "You can always rely on Keith Olbermann to tell you what happened to Bill O'Reilly, where, and what he was thinking at the time."

    I mean, isn't that what your demented hero is doing when he clairvoyantly describes exactly what O'Reilly was doing, how he was purposely avoiding Olby and looking away? By the way, crazy stalkers behave the way Keith does. If I were O'Reilly, I'd strongly consider using this as evidence to get a restraining order.

    Um KFK............I can always rely on O'Reilly to update me on Air America radio.....with the war in Iraq(quagmire), threats of a terrorist attack, rising gasoline prices, increasing unemployment and poverty rates, the tension in the middle east, border security, rise in medicare costs, and constant scandal in with republicans in congress and in the white house.....news about air america radio always keeps my mind at ease......if you want to talk about obsession ....Mr. O'Reilly(the king of smear merchants) needs to stop worrying about a radio station and concentrate(when he is not making sexually explicit phone calls) on how this administration and your republican led congress has manged to screw up everything they put their hands on in the last six years.

    The funny thing is Olby was staring at O'Reilly all night! This crazy loon was doing the staring and is insane enough to claim O'Reilly was the one staring at him, then "looking away." Jeez Louise!

    You know this how? Oh, you weren't there but you like to assume? Great...

    For the record, KfK, it's very easy to tell if someone is looking at you and then looking away when you glance at them. You don't have to be staring at a person all night to know that they're staring back.

    No, Nonfactor, you might want to change what you said, and here is a suggestion:

    You're changing the subject of my post, which you're free to do, but have you addressed what I said? Do you admit to attempting to know everything Olbermann says and does when and where?

    Nonfactor,

    If you want to believe that crazy story Olby told, that's fine. However, all evidence points to Keith's desperate need to be noticed by O'Reilly. I severely doubt O'Reilly was the one doing the stalking.

    As for my mind reading abilities, they all developed when I read what you wrote:

    "In Missy's mind if someone glances over at someone else at a celebrity benefit they must not be paying attention to the benefit at all."

    Seems you were watching Keith all night and knew for certain that he was paying rapt attention as he stalked O'Reilly and asked everyone, "Is bill looking at me? Is my tie on straight? How is my breath?"

    As for the other maniac who addressed me, thanks but no thanks. You have enough going on in your noggin for the both of us.

    OREILLYSUCKS Said:
    Wait a minute...please don't tell me you think O'leilly is a truthful honest man

    =liar

    ....he's a creep.

    =creepy
    =CREEPY LIAR
    It's Lawrence O'Donnell ladies and gentlemen!

    Nonfactor-
    Ahhh......I appreciate the insult.....as Billy says on his show...I must be drinking the cool aide. It's people like you who throw out the insults but yet won't repsond to the actual points made reference in my post earlier. Now if you had a leg to stand on and wanted to counterpoint my remarks it would be one thing. However, you decided and may I add predictably so, to offer a rather negative barb about my intelligence. Having never met me nor ever conversed before I would think you would've tried to convey your POV to me, not insult me..are you actually Dick Cheney.

    Anyway, you must be busy building your bunker for the impending war on Christmas coming up in the next four months.

    TheOtherScott-

    Hello Mr Hannity.

    I nailed it! Useful idiot of the left! And don't get me started on that drolling old prune faced fool Imus. Correct but didn't that cud chewing racist (ask Robbin Quivers) Make some crack against Contessa Brewer a while back. Nothing Happened Remember?

    All you Looney broads that stick up for this channel and the ones that work on it. Should step back and take a look how this is a real good old (white?) boys network.

    Alex Witt and Bianca Solorzano. Two that did marathon work during the Iraq Invasion along with Lester Holt. What did they get? Two are doing Morning weekends and one is gone!

    Yeah didn't Lester Holt have the 8PM slot during that time?

    O'Reilly Sucks

    Dude are you just mainlining Kool-Aid at this point? That post was so off the wall stupid.........er.......wait......was that assnonymous under a different name? Ya know pal why don't you go comotose and switch on W.B.A.I.
    Why play around with an kindergarden station like Stale-Air? Heck it might not be in the New York Market after August.

    Puck...................


    I interrupt this broadcast to inform you that we have now witnessed the end of the world.......

    I'm still trying to find the point to the above post.......and if I find one(before I die)I will be sure to let post my discovery.

    Off the wall? what exactly was off the wall regarding my post?

    Ya know I just read where Fox News was #4 in all of cable last week. WOW!

    I wonder how many home shopping channels and Religious channels MSLSD has fallin' behind. Hey at this point Olby is probibly getting beat by reruns of that nun over at E.T.W.N.! Boy at bet that burns you libs up!!!!!!

    So for more PR whats the NBC brass gona send the USEFUL IDIOT out with next. A WHITE HOOD!!!!!!!!

    Puck,

    Imus and his news writer/traffic girl/scum reporter Tracy Burgess went on for weeks about how bad Contessa Brewer was at the news (for radio was the qualifier; she's a tv news woman put on to read the news, apparently at MSNBC's request). Then when she had the gall to let a gossip reporter hear her say something bad about Imus to one of her friends, they went on and on about her "fat ass." He constantly bitches about MSNBC's lack of talent, terrible programs, etc., while sucking up to Kaplan and now Abrams.

    At least Imus calls people names on the air, instead of in emails to fans.

    But if anyone could sympathize with KO...

    O.R.S.

    Dude, trying to engage you right now would be like trying to tell an alcholic he should stop drinking. Until you realize this. It's hopeless.

    If you want to believe that crazy story Olby told, that's fine.

    Where did I say I believed him? You're free to be skeptical, but don't pretend to know what happened seeing as you can't read minds and you weren't there.

    As for my mind reading abilities, they all developed when I read what you wrote:

    When I said "In Missy's mind if someone glances over at someone else at a celebrity benefit they must not be paying attention to the benefit at all" I was responding to something she had said. She made her view clear and I was reiterating it in attempt to show how stupid it sounded. I wasn't reading minds so much as I was reading what someone thought and made a post about it. You on the other hand are pulling out Olbermann's thoughts and intentions without knowing anything.

    ---

    I appreciate the insult

    What insult? Either you're referring to someone else or you misunderstood what I typed entirely.

    Puck-
    actually if you look at EVERY ratings outlet...it will show FOX NEWS viewers has dropped and MSNBC viewers has increased over the past year....the truth is in the numbers.........I'd be interested to see the link where it states FOXNEWS is fourth....cough it up....pucky


    Oreillysucks,

    "threats of a terrorist attack, rising gasoline prices, increasing unemployment and poverty rates, the tension in the middle east, border security, rise in medicare costs, and constant scandal in with republicans in congress and in the white house"

    Substitute the 'republicans' for 'democrats' and you just described the Clinton presidency.

    It's easy to lie online.

    PUCK-
    DUUUUUUUUUUDE.......like I asked before.

    What was so off the wall about my post?

    Answer the question

    UPDATE: As noted above, once The Imus Blog had the transcripts up I would link them and clean up this post with the exact quotes. In the meantime Glenn Garvin wrote a piece on KO's Nazi salute in which KO admits that that the Nazi salute was pre-planned as part of the promotion for MSNBC. As that happened first I added that in as "Exhibit A" and moved the other "exhibits" down one notch. I also changed the title of the post; I had started writing about Imus but the post morphed into the "Exhibits" thing and I forgot to fix the headline earlier.

    While I appreciate the discussion here, isn't anyone interested to discuss whether or not NBC is using Nazism to promote its cable news arm? And if folks agree, what do people think of that?

    CRASH.......hang on I have to stop laughing....

    BTW, I sent the ADL two emails with no reply about this.

    CRASH...still laughing

    CRASH...wait hang on....no still laughing

    While I appreciate the discussion here, isn't anyone interested to discuss whether or not NBC is using Nazism to promote its cable news arm? And if folks agree, what do people think of that?

    I don't think it's an NBC conspiracy, personally, but to each his own. "using Nazism to promote" okay, stop right there--what? How are they using Nazism to promote anything? This claim is as absurd as suggesting that Olbermann is a Nazi because he gave the salute with an O'Reilly mask on.

    CRASH...wait hang on....no still laughing

    I agree........I don't believe there is any intent to use NAZI propaganda to promote a news channel. Was it in poor taste.....I personally did not find it offensive. I thought it was off color and a tad humorous. I believe Olbermann was implying O'Reilly as the NAZI of news...bullying his guests....misinforming the public......and having an agenda.
    Now I do not like O'Reilly at all, but I do agree the Nazi comparision is a definite stretch...but again , all in good humor.

    I agree........I don't believe there is any intent to use NAZI propaganda to promote a news channel. Was it in poor taste.....I personally did not find it offensive. I thought it was off color and a tad humorous. I believe Olbermann was implying O'Reilly as the NAZI of news...bullying his guests....misinforming the public......and having an agenda.
    Now I do not like O'Reilly at all, but I do agree the Nazi comparision is a definite stretch...but again , all in good humor.

    by the way...crash...I'm still laughing.

    Khobar Towers, Osama declaring War, Attack on the USS Cole, Israeli actions into Lebanon, Oil going from $20 a barrel to $50 a barrel, a recession beginning 1 month into the Bush presidency, the largest corporate scandals in the history of mankind, Clinton trying to mount anything with two legs and a heartbeat, Hillary accepting campaign money from Hezbollah, Bubba taking money from the Chinese government.

    Yeah the dems are awesome only the reps are the problem.

    I guess having a democrat and republican on your show to debate an issue make you Nazi. Having only liberal mouth pieces as guests makes you.... well it makes you Olbermann.

    So I guess Bill didn't give the wrong facts on the Nazis and WWII 3x in the last year.

    Ooops...my bad. I should have written:

    "While I appreciate the discussion here, aren't there any clear-thinkers interested to discuss whether or not NBC is using Nazism to promote its cable news arm? And ifclear-thinker agree, what do clear-thinker think of that?

    As good little Kossack OlbyLoons, we already know that Non and ORS are anti-Israel. And we all know that being anti-Israel is today's acceptable form of anti-Semitism. And so, of coure they have no problem with KO's Nazi Salute. In fact not only was not in poor taste and only do they not find it offensive but it was "off color and a tad humorous". Wow, what a sophisticated sense of humor you two have! Maybe next time Olby can goose-step across the stage. Wouldn't THAT be a riot?

    Sounds like you AGREE that NBC is using Nazism to promote their cable news network but that you LIKE IT!

    Clear and independent thinkers would not be you Bob.

    The largest corporate scandals of our time............now if my memory serves me correctly......Enron, worldcom, etc all happened under li'l George's watch.........what are these corporate scandals you speak of?

    Khobar Towers, Osama declaring War, Attack on the USS Cole, Israeli actions into Lebanon, Oil going from $20 a barrel to $50 a barrel- I believe , but I could be wrong are not considered scandals.

    A recession one month into his presidency- that's not true, I'll even defend li'l Georgey on this one however more people did go to college, unemployment was at an all time low and we had a surplus under Bill Clinton's watch.

    Clinton having affairs- absolutely right, this was a terrible moment in the history of the oval office.....whats even more terrible is the amount of money repulbicans spent to prove he got a blow job...still he did lie under oath........and lie has cost how many americans their lives......I think li'l georgey beats him on this one.

    Hillary taking campaign money from Hezbollah- Find me an article where it proves this is true and not Rush Limbaugh making this one up.

    Bubba taking money from the Chines goverment...in what form.....again show me the scandal in this.

    Now when you consider.....Tom Delay, Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, Dicky Cheney, Li'l Georgey, Wolfwowitz, Rumsfeld, and others involved......in...haliburton, cherry picking intel to lead us into war, poor planning, back door draft, CIA leaks, Katrina preparations, chrony hiring, etc etc etc etc etc etc

    Anon,
    Please enlighten us as to what those mistakes were, specifically.

    Ooops...my bad. I should have written

    In other words: Is there anyone out there who agrees with me so I don't look like a fringe conspiracy theorist? Anyone?

    As good little Kossack OlbyLoons, we already know that Non and ORS are anti-Israel. And we all know that being anti-Israel is today's acceptable form of anti-Semitism.

    Claiming that people who don't agree with Israel's use of force to people hate Israel, and therefore (by your view) hate Jews isn't even logical. I don't like the United States current policy on taxes, does that mean I hate America and therefore hate Americans? No, it doesn't, and anyone to imply something like that would be ludicrous. Just as bad as your claim that I'm an anti-Semite even though I've said nothing of Israel or Jews and only claimed that NBC wasn't involved in a Nazi conspiracy to promote their network.

    Wow, what a sophisticated sense of humor you two have!

    I can speak for myself when I want to, I don't need, and I don't want your help, thanks.

    Dear Robert Cox,

    This is one of your most inane conspiracies on this site. NBC doesn't support Nazism, and believe it or not neither does Keith Olbermann. NBC and General Electric don't have a master plan to use the Nazi beliefs to promote a network and advance an agenda. Try not to fall too far off the deep end.

    Much love,
    Nonfactor

    "The largest corporate scandals of our time............now if my memory serves me correctly......Enron, worldcom, etc all happened under li'l George's watch.........what are these corporate scandals you speak of?"

    My God you are a moron

    My God you are a moron

    Enron happened under both Clinton and Bush, but if you're using the argument that because Enron started under Clinton it makes him a bad President let me recommend you get better talking points.

    I do not beleive NBC is using NAZIsm to promote their cable news channel....again I think this was an off color moment and is meant more in jest than to be taken seriously.

    I believe OREILLY was just speaking in jest when he made the remarks about San Frahcisco and how if they were attacked by Al Queda we shouldn't try save any one nor stop it from happening.

    "A recession one month into his presidency- that's not true, I'll even defend li'l Georgey on this one however more people did go to college, unemployment was at an all time low and we had a surplus under Bill Clinton's watch."

    O really.

    http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-07-17-recession_x.htm

    "Hillary taking campaign money from Hezbollah- Find me an article where it proves this is true and not Rush Limbaugh making this one up."

    Hillary took money from Muslim American Alliance, known supporters of Hamas and Hezbollah.

    CRASH-

    II. THE ANTICIPATION OF LITIGATION AGAINST ENRON AND ANDERSEN

    5. In the summer and fall of 2001, a series of significant developments led to ANDERSEN's foreseeing imminent civil litigation against, and government investigations of, Enron and ANDERSEN.

    6. On or about October 16, 2001, Enron issued a press release announcing a $618 million net loss for the third quarter of 2001. That same day, but not as part of the press release, Enron announced to analysts that it would reduce shareholder equity by

    --....Crash the above is the indictment for Enron...if my memory serves me correctly...Lil Georgey stole the election in 2000.......and the idictment says this happened when..2001!!

    you are a COMPLETE MORON

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    approximately $1.2 billion. The market reacted immediately and the stock price of Enron shares plummeted

    "Bubba taking money from the Chines goverment...in what form.....again show me the scandal in this."

    Ever heard of Charlie Trie? or Maria Hsia?

    CRASH- um....Charlie Trie.....this article proves my point.

    Thanks for backing me up

    Anon,
    Zing wow, you got me. Years and years of malfesence was all crammed into 8 months when Bush became president. I stand corrected.

    Crash.......our economy is nowhere near the growth, expansion, and prosperity we had under CLinton.

    Crash.......our economy is nowhere near the growth, expansion, and prosperity we had under CLinton.

    "CRASH- um....Charlie Trie.....this article proves my point.

    Thanks for backing me up"

    Huh? What?

    It's like arguing with a three year old.

    CRASH- the proof is in the idictment...


    CRASH-
    maybe you being the three year old you are unable to read the documents that you dispute so much.

    CRASH-
    maybe you being the three year old you are unable to read the documents that you dispute so much.

    CRASH- your name is so fitting to the bush presidency

    The last 50 or so posts have been OT. BTW OREILLYSUCKS, I agree with your nic, but it has nothing to do with Olbermann lying about the Malmedy thing and then using Nazi imagery to garner attention. That was really childish and over-the-top.

    As KO himself said regarding Nazi references, "Stop it. Stop it now." Too bad he doesn't practice what he preaches.

    Matticus-
    Agreed......about it having nothing to do with the topic...

    On the related topic and in regards to my above posts.......I think again it is all about the context......and in this moment I don't believe he meant to offend anyone, I believe he was conveying what everybody else thinks of Oreilly.....as my above post states.

    On the related topic and in regards to my above posts.......I think again it is all about the context......and in this moment I don't believe he meant to offend anyone, I believe he was conveying what everybody else thinks of Oreilly.....as my above post states.

    Whether he intended offense or not is not the question, he clearly intended to offend at least one (BillO) by that. Keith made himself the director of the Office of Virtues by writing the 'stop all Nazi references blog entry. It's the epitome of hypocrisy, and there's no getting around it.

    I see your point......

    I'm sure this was a calculated move by Olbermann to bring in more viewers and it amy even work......press, negative or positive is never bad..for instance sometimes I watch Oreilly because I'm in aw as to how much BS this guy slings and how people believe it to be fact or true.

    If you're going to compare shows..hands down countdown w/Ko is so much sharper and has much better content and insight.

    I cant wait until KO gets robbed, mugged, beaten and fucked in the ass by a gang of homies on his way home one night. This monster is despicable.

    Hey nonfactor, didn't ya know GE lit up the bunkers of the 3rd reich?

    That many dim bulbs can't be wrong! You should know that!

    KO is being abused whilst his opressors rage "What's the falafel, Keith!"

    Don't miss the goings on at "forthisreliefmuchthanks"!

    Seems Keith blamed his less-than-erection on an "ice accident" that happened some time in the past! I have also learned that Olbermann has a wandering eye, perhaps from another accident!

    The guy is pure comedy gold!

    I cant wait until KO gets robbed, mugged, beaten and fucked in the ass by a gang of homies on his way home one night. This monster is despicable.-


    Let me guess...you're a christian conservative....

    Non and ORS say that they don't believe NBC is using Nazism and that Olbermann was speaking in jest and it was an off-color moment and not meant to be taken seriously and it is just what "everyone" believes.

    Here is your homework project for the night. Go take all of your statements, add them and see if you can reconcile them. Or I can save you the trouble and tell you that they can't be reconciled.

    Whether it was meant to be funny or was funny, it is plain from the evidence documented at the top of this post that the Nazi salute was PLANNED and that the PR campaign that followed was PLANNED. The point is not whether or not the stunt was good, bad or indifferent but whether it was a spur of the moment "mistake" or a calculated device intended to set up an angle that Keith could then play on for the rest of the week, That you two OlbyLoons can't or won't see that the Nazi Salute was done by design for the purpose of creating "buzz" for Keith which could then give him a new hook into an old story - Keith hurling invective at O'Reilly.

    I have also published a thorough debunking of the claim behind the Olbermann Nazi Salute in another post. There is absolutely no doubt that Olbermann's claims about O'Reilly are knowingly false and malicious. O'Reilly would have a case for a libel suit except that his case could not pass the "reasonable person" standard because a reasonable person would not believe that O'Reilly "defended" Nazis because Keith Olbermann says so.
    That NBC built a PR campaign around their on-air talent publicly mocking a competitor by giving a Nazi Salute is inarguable. That the claims behind the use of the Nazi Salute are false is inarguable. The only question is why would the top brass at one of the largest, most prestigious companies in the world, allow the debasing of their once venerable news division in order to whore itself for ratings?

    Robt, I admire your case. I don't, however, see it getting much traction. Bill O'Reilly hasn't and probably won't comment on it outright. Roger Ailes has weighed in, and not in the harsh terms I would have liked. Robt, you seem to be carrying this one alone.

    And that has stopped me when? :-)

    MR COX-
    Please make sure you TRY to create a stir when Mr O'Reilly says something obnoxious or stupid...which happens every night, every minute of his sho...you should have a boat load of material for us tomorrow.

    I know you OlbyLoons have trouble with this but this site is OLBERMANN Watch. If you want to start a site called O'REILLY Watch then let me know when it's up and I will link you.

    If running a blog is too much then perhaps you will consider writing a regular feature for Olbermann Watch. We could call it "What 65% of cable news viewers are watching at 8 PM". Each night you could provide a run down similar to what J$ does now for Countdown and then you and nonfactor could write comments below each post agreeing with each other about everything. I am sure it would be FASCINATING!

    You've just described the circle jerk that goes on now between you and dollar.

    Good Things Christian Conservatives Do and Bad Things They Don't Do: Work hard, raise children, donate time and money to charities. Follow 10 commandments as best as possible. Set example for those around them. Build some of the countries finest hospitals. Give away services to the un-insured at those hospitals. Very good care with little to no reimbursement. Vote in elections. True Christians oppose abortion. Don't chop off other religions heads. Don't chop off anybodies heads. Don't participate in genocide. Don't suicide bomb. Respect others. Attend church. Elect other conservatives to office to represent them.

    Why do so many people attack Christians on this and other sites? Because you disagree with the way they vote? I think its a sad commentary on the left.


    I know this may be a difficult concept for you to grasp but no one is bringing up O’Reilly because they want O’Reilly watch. They are bringing it up to demonstrate your hypocrisy. You and Mr. Dollar refuse to denounce any Republican talking head for any action period (Hell Dollar can’t even admit Bill is a Republican.) This demonstrates to any reasonably sane person, which are in short supply in your land, that it is not Olbermann’s activities that piss you off but that that he is left wing talking head, doing what he is doing. Seriously you should name this site “ That lefty bastard is talking left again” or some such shit. Because, be honest with yourself for a second, you wouldn’t give a flying fuck if Keith distorted anything if he was from the right. Because if spin, or distortions, or even lies, bothered you would condemn it anytime you saw it, instead of crying “this is Olbermann watch!” Anytime someone mentions a right winger engaged in similar activity.


    >OlbyLoons have trouble with this but this site >is OLBERMANN Watch. If you want to start a >site ?called O'REILLY Watch then let me know > >when it's up and I will link you.

    Event: Olbermann performs Nazi salute, attacks O'Reilly 100 times

    Olbyloon reaction: Attack Bill O'Reilly!

    Hello loonies! O'Reilly is an inert object in this imaginary war waged by Herr Olbermann. Olbermann makes up the news, he makes up rivalries, he makes up conspiracy theories, he claims his penis doesn't work because he fell on ice, he claims he can't drive because he hit his head on a subway door, he sends abusive obscene e-mails to viewers, he solicits pornography from and molests young female viewers, and to top it all off he is dead last in the ratings.

    I suggest you Olbermanniacs get a new hero. Why not deify DailyKos, Georgie Soros or Howard Dean?

    See the above post and try to understand. You can do it! i beleive in you.

    Why is it so hard for the Olbermaniacs to grasp the fact that not everyone who supports Olbermannwatch is a devout follower of Bill O'Reilly? I see them bitch and moan constantly that we're being hypocrtical because "our man Bill" is just as bad. Get it thru your thick skulls folks, this site is dedicated to those who believe that KO is an egotistical purveyor of half truths and lies. O'Reilly comes into the discussion only because he is constantly attacked by KO. If there was never any discussion of O'Relly at all doesn't mean this site would shut down. Is it that hard to grasp?(nonfactor and ORS)

    Attack O'reilly is all they have. Think about it which is easier attack BO or defend KO? Defending KO would be very very difficult to impossible so they change the subject and try to make it about O'reilly. They don't run into this at Leftists sites because they don't allow opposing positions. They shout troll and ban anyone who doesn't agree. Thats how you can tell your on the right side. Our sites allow people to speak freely. Even the trolls who come in and spout non-sense don't get banned. They just get the FACTS put in there FACE.

    Because they're experts at changing the subjects. Look at how many times they've posted cartoons that have nothing to do whatsoever with the topic being discussed to try and change the subject when it became clear they had nothing in the way of facts to back up their half-baked theories.

    You guys are so on!

    I was dealing with a customer in New Jersey the other night. And this guy kept going on and on about George Bush and Fox News. And their points are pretty much from Stale-Air because I ask them if they watch Olby and they say WHO?

    But the most over used line they use after you point out that their libs aren't lilly white and challenge their talking points is "Well...their all crooks!" If I had a nickel for every time I heard that line.

    Look, When Non first came on line over he was okay. He wasn't the wack job he is now. I wish he would proof read what he types. Now this BORS, Look it's like I said you can't argue with an Alcoholic. And this dude has already stated he belives Stale-Air is truth out! Wait, he probibly likes that site too. Simply put, You can't argue with alcoholic that wants to drink. You can't argue with a heroin addict that wants to shoot up. And, you can't argue with a person who thinks Stale-Air is the end all!! Whats their MO? Attack, Attack, Attack. Small market radio for small minded people.

    Just to make sure, I went over to Air-America's dopey website. Ya know they have been stuck on 89 stations for the longest time. What happen to that dopey banner. 89 STATIONS AND GROWING! How about 89 stations and stuck! And if I have time to throw away and I went through them one by one more than a few would not be in that format. Heck, their was a time they use to count WJNO in West Palm cause Randi was on, but WJNO has Rush on 12-3!!!! Their not on in Phila. anymore! Here BORS try this:

    Rush: 600 plus stations

    Hannity: 500 + (I don't like nor listen)

    Beck:400+

    Savage: high 300's

    Air-America: 89 stations

    AIR-AMERICA IS THE OLBY OF RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!

    ObserverDan wrote:

    "Robt, I admire your case. I don't, however, see it getting much traction. Bill O'Reilly hasn't and probably won't comment on it outright. Roger Ailes has weighed in, and not in the harsh terms I would have liked. Robt, you seem to be carrying this one alone."

    How's this for traction?

    http://www.olbermannwatch.com/archives/2006/07/wsjs_opinion_jo.html

    Keep watching...we're not done.

    ALright let's look at some of the items written about me and I'd like to way in on some general discussions as well......

    First off.....I did make a statement regarding the topic of discussion regarding KO's nazi parody. I gave my opinion, didn't change the subject and most of you disagreed with me. That's fine, you have a right to do that, especially considering what this forum stands for.(if you don't believe me please jog through this blog and there are two comments made by me)

    Secondly......and this is for you pucky......I never stated I thought Air America was the end all be all...am I listener? yes I am. Do I agree with everything they say..no. I enjoy listening to Al Franken, I believe he makes logical non viscious attacks and lays out his thought process. I like Jerry Springers RADIO SHOW........and Randy Roads...honestly I can take her or leave her.....once in awhile she'll bring up a good point but most of the time she lashes out with these obnoxious conspiracy theories that really turn me off. I think she does more harm than good.....I think her and Ann Coulter come from the same gene pool.

    Also...the points made on the attacks by us liberals here to Bill OReilly...now my points made about OReilly were only made because of the context of the conversation.....KO made his NAZI reference to OREILLY.....that is why he is involved and why I compared some of his statements to what KO has done.

    NEXT.......The Christian conservative comment I made....and the reply by the imposter of NonFActor....I hope you weren't implying Christian conservatives are the only ones who "Work hard, raise children, donate time and money to charities. Follow 10 commandments as best as possible. Set example for those around them. Build some of the countries finest hospitals. Give away services to the un-insured at those hospitals. Very good care with little to no reimbursement. Vote in elections." Because I am not a christian conservative and I do my best at all of the these except of course the hospital stuff.
    My comment was only referring to the comment made by wandering eye whiche are as follows-

    "I cant wait until KO gets robbed, mugged, beaten and fucked in the ass by a gang of homies on his way home one night. This monster is despicable."

    I'm sure we all agree that this is not something you want to represented by.

    Finally..there you go. I haven't changed the some subject as some of you state......and if you feel I didn't answer something..let me know and I will answer any question...as for puck and scooter or crash......I never attacked anyone unsoliciated however puck and crash feel it is necessary to do so.....and again pucky....Ill ask the question a third time...what was so off the wall regarding my post yesterday..aaaaaaaaand to all, I have yet to see evidence that KO does misinform or lie on countdown.


    Wow it is amazing the ability of the people on this site to miss the point.

    Once again. people I do not bring up O'Reilly to justify anything Keith Olbermann does. I am bringing it up to expose the fact that Robert and Johnny refuse to denounce any similar behavior, in a right wing talking head. If distortions and spin were what bothered them wouldn't they be upset anytime they were presented with evidence that it had occured?

    For example if someone pointed out out that John Doe newscaster said somehting obviously false in favor of the bush administration, shouldn't they be equally upset if falsehood is what really bothers them? It may not be their responsability to monitor every single news figure in the media but I would think the correct response to information of bad journalistc behavior would be to say, "That's terrible" instead of "This is Olbermann Watch!" I mean jeesh , that sort of implies they only care when Olbermann engages in bad behavior and reasonable hypthotheiss for that would be simply because he is a liberal.

    So hey, want to hate Olbermann? fine. just be honest and say you don't like his liberal positions. Because distortions, spin, or lies, obviously don't bother these guys as long as it is done from the right.


    jt,

    I don't "hate" Olbermann but this is a site about Olbermann. It's not just the posts. It's the photos, the mini-blog, the blogroll, the "book club". The entire site is about Olbermann.

    The reason O'Reilly is discussed on this site is because Olbermann is constantly commenting on O'Reilly and making all sorts of false or misleading accusations. As we DO discuss false and misleading statements made by Olbemann we will, of course, discuss them when they involve O'Reilly. If KO was making similar statements about Babe Ruth or Napolean then we would talk about that too.

    And I certainly don't limit the site to CRITICISM of Olbermann. I link to many blogs in the Olbersphere or that have some connection to Olbermann. The vast majority of them are PRO-KO sites and forums. The comments are wide open and many PRO-KO comments post to this site. I have routinely invited PRO-KO readers and bloggers to write for Olbermann Watch.

    You say that I ought to be willing to criticize "bad journalistc behavior " in other media figures. I disagree. I am the editor of this site. I don't write every post or comment. J$ writes a lot here. I write here. Brandon writes here. David Lunde contributes photoshopped images. We have had other contributors who are no longer active (see the Masthead). I don't feel that I have a responsibility to write on topics that YOU find worthy of mention but given that I have extended an open invitation for readers to write for Olbermann Watch - including those who want to write PRO-KO pieces - there is noting that precludes YOU from writing such a piece for Olbermann Watch. If you were to do that then there WOULD be posts about the bad behavior of other media figures on Olbermann Watch. In other words, instead of crying about it why don't you DO something about it. Sit down, write a post and submit it to me. So long as your piece has relevance to a site dedicated to Keith Olbermann I would be more than happy to consider any submission you care to make.

    In the past OlbyLoons have excused their failure to take me up on this offer on the grounds that I would alter their post or otherwise "cheat". There is no reason to think that. In fact, given the open commenting policy here and the very free exchange of ideas here, there is every reason to believe the opposite.

    The fact is that I would love to have some alternative points of view as guest posts or even regularly contributors. If you don't believe me then why not give it a try. If I let you down you can have the pleasure of coming back to the site and calling me out.

    I would love to have some alternative points of view as guest posts or even regularly contributors.

    Anyone else find this completly disengenious? Just in his previous paragraph he called these people with different points of view "Olbyloons" and he's labeled them as terrorist supporters and anti-American before. If Robert Cox seriously thinks that anyone left of Barry Goldwater takes anything he says or does seriously he's out of the mainstream.

    NONFACTOR- Good point..........why is it that if you disagree with conservative republican on the direction this country is going in and waht our country to do better...we love terrorists and hate america...this diatribe seems so ignorant.

    NFORS - I have no idea why anyone, especially you two, would find my desire to have alternative points of view on the site "disingenous" since you both post alternative points of view on this site every day.

    My effort extends to both of you - if you want to write a PRO-KO piece please go right ahead. And just as you two are free to take issue with my posts in the comment section don't be surprised if I or other OW readers do the same with any posts you might submit.

    disingenuous*

    but I assume that it's just a talking point to demonize people and positions they don't agree with.

    So I take it you are not interested in contributing a guest post.

    Keith Olbermann isn't qualified to carry Bill O'Reilly's jockstrap.

    G monster........words of wisdom there.

    Are you coach or something...may be a failed athlete trying to hang on to a dream.

    When you want to ad something with credence..please let me know.

    To the gentleman that wants to know if I'm a failed athlete or a coach:

    I think he Olbermann is already dating Dana Milbank, so you might need to set your sights on someone else. Unless you think you can take Milbank.

    I'm noticing a trend here...whenever these oreillylovers get backed into a corner they come out swinging w/gay or homo comebacks.....huh...and the funny thing is they never make a point about anything.....change the subject.....I think the credibility or lack there of has definitely been exposed here......

    Cock, I guess you are qualified to carry Bull's jock strap. Well, I guess you can sexually harass a young woman and never deny it!

    I have seen this Olbermann-Nazi-Salute all over the news, even when that STUPID of TVnewser said that the reason why he didn't was because only 1 website published the story, the guy also said he was out on a one day vacation on that weekend, yeah right...

    Keith "The Nazi" Olbermann, as AmericasNewsToday.Com calls him, is nothing but an O'Reilly wannabe, he wishes O'Reilly fame.

    Stories about Keith "The Nazi" Olbermann @ http://newsbusters.org/node/6617

    AmericasNewsToday.Com @ titles;
    1.- Far-left Keith Olbermann Defends Nazi Salute.
    2.- Far-left Keith Olbermann smears Bill O'Reilly because it boosts his ratings.
    3.- Bill O'Reilly and Fox News #1 On Ratings, Again!
    4.- Shocking! Far-left Keith Olbermann's Nazi Salute


    ExposeTheLeft.Com @
    http://www.exposetheleft.com/2006/07/28/olbermania-why-is-this-man-on-television/

    Larry...............I find it hard to believe that anyone, let alone KO wants to be Billy O..........I mean....why would anyone want to aspire to be a misinforming, lying loon.

    >I don't "hate" Olbermann but this is a site >about Olbermann. It's not just the posts. It's >the photos, the mini-blog, the blogroll, >the "book club". The entire site is about >Olbermann.

    Granted the site is about Olbermann, That can't be denied. but if you don't hate the man can we agree that there is an absence of warm feeling? I mean every summary of every show has been critical. I would have hard time being that critical of Anne Coulter who is shall we say inflammatory?

    >The reason O'Reilly is discussed on this site is >because Olbermann is constantly commenting on >O'Reilly and making all sorts of false or >misleading accusations."

    Well, that is why you guys bring up O'Reilly in your show summaries yes, however, in the discussions whenever someone mentions an instance of bad behavior from O'Reilly usually the response is "This is Olbermann watch!" Occasionally I have also seen, (I believe from Johnny Dollar) "that O'Reilly is much better he has an opposing viewpoints on." What I have never seen is something as simple as "IF, he lied, that is reprehensible."

    >And I certainly don't limit the site to >CRITICISM of Olbermann.

    There is open debate here.

    >I don't feel that I have a responsibility to >write on topics that YOU find worthy of mention >but given that I have extended an open >invitation for readers to write for Olbermann >Watch - including those who want to write PRO-KO >pieces - there is noting that precludes YOU from >writing such a piece for Olbermann Watch.

    Well, I do mention the bad behavior of other journalist on occasion, as do others in the discussions. Usually the response is "This is Olbermann Watch!" You are right though, if you don't want to talk about any other media figure on the planet that is your right. However if your goal here is to sway people who might be on the fence, that Olbermann is not acting ethically as a journalist, you might have more credibility if you just denounced any unethical journalistic behavior, regardless of who does it. And by that I am not saying start covering the whole media. I am saying when in the discussions a poster gives evidence that John Doe news caster lied and said Kerry helped finance 9-11, you might say, That's is low" instead of chastising the person for not sticking to the bad behavior of a liberal talking head.

    > So long as your piece has relevance to a site > dedicated to Keith Olbermann I would be more > than happy to consider any submission you care > to make.

    This is intriguing. How much leeway is there though? in my opinion bad media behavior in general has relevance to Olbermann. would you say that it is stretching things too far if other media figures are mentioned or even highlighted?

    >In the past Oblongs have excused their failure >to take me up on this offer on the grounds that >I would alter their post or otherwise "cheat".

    I believe you be honest.


    Robert to be fair, your post was well... fair. I am seriously thinking of taking up you up on your offer. Although I am curious how much flexibility you mean when you say relevant to Olbermann?


    oops, last one posted by me.

    JT,

    Every summary of every show has been critical because J$ writes them and he is a critic of Olbermann. If you'd like to give him a night off and write a nighly summary of the show then raise your hand and I will propose that to him.

    I can't really answer this - "would you say that it is stretching things too far if other media figures are mentioned or even highlighted?" If you want to write a review of Keith's book, or a review of his appearance tonight on CBS, or comment on some claim he has made or something about the other blogs that "cover" Keith then that's a no-brainer. Of course that would be appropriate to this site. Would a piece on why Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity is worse than Olbermann and then writing 500 words about those two be "olbermann related". No.

    The best thing I can tell you is to shoot me an email with a specific topic you'd like to cover and I can tell you whether or not it makes sense to be on OW. If it does not fit then I will do my best to suggest ways your piece would be a fit for the site.

    Just to be clear, I don't mean that it has to be fair - you are free to stack the deck in Keith's favor all you want. My main concern is I want to maintain the very narrow focus of this site because when I did run a much broader mediacrit site it became a huge chore for me and I want to have fun blogging.

    ROFL...

    Your points are well taken. I take that earlier stuff back, as even if you are gay, there's nothing wrong with it. I don't have anything against any of you, but it's fun to get you riled up.

    There are some pretty passionate Olbermann supporters here. I do watch O'Reilly though, and find his show entertaining and newsworthy. I don't know if he is a saint.

    Olbermann I've seen a few times and I think he is pretty childish for a grown man. Dana Milbanks rubbed me the wrong way when he came on Olbermann's show dressed in hunting gear.

    Olbermann's show is supposed to be a news show. I think that was a very politically biased thing to do, and the show lost all credibility of being a news show. If O'Reilly or one of his guests came on dressed as hunter to ridicule a democrat, he would also lose respect in my eyes.

    Olbermann, took it a step further with the O'Reilly mask and the Hitler thing. Again, if it were O'Reilly he also would have lost respect. I hope this post finds you all well.

    FYI...I don't agree with everything on FOX/O'Reilly. I have my own opinions on a range of subjects.

    Nice meeting you all...I'm outta here permanently.

    My impression of OREILLYSUCKS:

    "you kiddies need to go to recess...you children are so beneath me....your undoutedly the dummest bunch I ever continded with...go back to watching cartoons on tv now...I'm right and you are simply deniying that...you always change the subject..you never answer my questions...I'm back to taking big werds out of this psychologie bouk...go to recess now....."

    (Spelling and usage errors as per the given education level of this pathetic case subject)

    Hey OREILLYSUCKS, you said "why would anyone want to aspire to be a misinforming, lying loon." Ask Keith, he's already succeeded!

    There ya go kiddo, you got yourself a role model!

    Um KFK............I can always rely on O'Reilly to update me on Air America radio.....with the war in Iraq(quagmire), threats of a terrorist attack, rising gasoline prices, increasing unemployment and poverty rates, the tension in the middle east, border security, rise in medicare costs, and constant scandal in with republicans in congress and in the white house.....news about air america radio always keeps my mind at ease......if you want to talk about obsession ....Mr. O'Reilly(the king of smear merchants) needs to stop worrying about a radio station and concentrate(when he is not making sexually explicit phone calls) on how this administration and your republican led congress has manged to screw up everything they put their hands on in the last six years.

    Posted by: OREILLYSUCKS at July 27, 2006 02:57 PM

    DO YOU LIVE IN FRANCE? ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?
    HERE'S A QUAGMIRE WWII ENDED 61 YEARS AGO AND WE STILL OCCUPY GERMANY AND JAPAN. THANK YOU ROOSEVELT(D). KOREA 53 YEARS AGO AND WE STILL OCCUPIED. THANK YOU HARRY TRUMAN(D). THREATS OF TERRORIST ATTACKS YES THATS BRAND NEW.YOU DUMBASS.1993 ATTEMPT ON TRADE CENTERS, MARINE BARRACKS BEIRUT, AFRICAN EMBASSIES,ETC. RISING GASOLINE PRICES--THANK YOU TREE HUGGING DEMOCRATS FOR NOT ALLOWING DRILLING OR EXPLORATION.USEFULL IDIOT(WITHOUT THE USEFULL). INCREASING UNEMPLOYMENT--MAY NUMBERS 4.6% DOWN FROM APRIL 4.7% SOURCE CNNMONEY.COM.NITWIT. POVERTY RATES--YES SOUP LINE AMERICA IS A HORRIBLE PLACE.WHY DONT YOU LEAVE? THERES HUNDREDS OF HARD WORKERS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES THAT WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE AND SUCCEED JUST FINE AND YOU KNOW IT.FUCKING LIAR. TENSION IN THE MID EAST--YES LIKE A NEW BORN BABY CAME IN WITH BUSH.I SMELL BULLSHIT. TO MANY EXAMPLES TO WASTE TIME.FOOL. BORDER SECURITY--HELLO LA RAZA A DEMOCRAT MOONBAT OPEN BORDER GROUP. CLINTON HAD THE BORDER SO SECURE THE HIJACKERS OF 9/11 CAME HERE WHILE HE WAS PRES.DUMMY. RISE IN MEDICARE COSTS.SENIORS GET IT PRETTY GOOD. PROTECT THERE WEALTH AND ASSETS AND VOTE FOR THE POL WHO OFFERS THE MOST "FREEBIES". TO BAD ITS NOT FREE FOR TAXPAYERS AND CORPORATIONS WHO ACTUALLY PAY TAXES.SCREWBALL.SCANDAL---VINCE FOSTER SUICIDE, ROSE LAW FIRM BILLING RECORDS, WHITEWATER,WEBB HUBBEL,LOS ALAMOS, ELIAN GONGALEZ, WACO, RENTING LINCOLN BEDROOM, SELLING PARDONS, TECHNOLOGY TO CHINA FOR CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS.DUMB SHIT. OREILLY SMEAR MERCHANT--HE USUALLY INVITES PEOPLE THAT ARE THE TOPIC TO BE GUESTS-REAL UNFAIR.BLATHERING FOOL.

    Let's disect the above...ignorance.

    Do I love in France....no.....however let me point out they were correct in their efforts before the quagmire in IRAQ to try and get more inspections and take a wait and see approach...because as we've come to realize....there was no immediate threat.Sure did like those freedom fries though and man, talk about great buys on french wine.

    Am I fucking stupid?......I've certainly done some stupid things but generally no.......you, of course....are.

    HERE'S A QUAGMIRE WWII ENDED 61 YEARS AGO AND WE STILL OCCUPY GERMANY AND JAPAN- huh are we at war with them...still...geez you think this would get some media coverage.

    THREATS OF TERRORIST ATTACKS YES THATS BRAND NEW.YOU DUMBASS.1993 ATTEMPT ON TRADE CENTERS, MARINE BARRACKS BEIRUT, AFRICAN EMBASSIES,ETC-
    Yea but only lil georgeys administration failed to qualify terrorism as an immediate threat after they stole the election in 2000 and then of september rolled around.....I believe this is stated in the 9/11 commision report.

    RISING GASOLINE PRICES--THANK YOU TREE HUGGING DEMOCRATS FOR NOT ALLOWING DRILLING OR EXPLORATION.USEFULL IDIOT(WITHOUT THE USEFULL).
    I'm sure like all republicans you have know respect for our environment......why don't we create alternative fuel products...would create a lot of jobs.

    INCREASING UNEMPLOYMENT--MAY NUMBERS 4.6% DOWN FROM APRIL 4.7% SOURCE CNNMONEY.COM.NITWIT.-um...okay..this is because after six months on unemployment you are not counted in the unemplyment rate......

    POVERTY RATES--YES SOUP LINE AMERICA IS A HORRIBLE PLACE.WHY DONT YOU LEAVE? THERES HUNDREDS OF HARD WORKERS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES THAT WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE AND SUCCEED JUST FINE AND YOU KNOW IT.FUCKING LIAR.okay I don't know what you're thinking in your head on this one...but yes since georgey took office this has grown.

    TENSION IN THE MID EAST--YES LIKE A NEW BORN BABY CAME IN WITH BUSH.I SMELL BULLSHIT. TO MANY EXAMPLES TO WASTE TIME.FOOL....sure always tense.....hezbollah/israel....hamas taking over palestine.......iran on the verge of nukes...quagmire in iraq...al queda in iraq...none of this while clinton was in office

    BORDER SECURITY--HELLO LA RAZA A DEMOCRAT MOONBAT OPEN BORDER GROUP. CLINTON HAD THE BORDER SO SECURE THE HIJACKERS OF 9/11 CAME HERE WHILE HE WAS PRES.DUMMY..yea--- iknow everything is bills fault...even your existence.

    RISE IN MEDICARE COSTS.SENIORS GET IT PRETTY GOOD.-what?...do you even have clue


    PROTECT THERE WEALTH AND ASSETS AND VOTE FOR THE POL WHO OFFERS THE MOST "FREEBIES". TO BAD ITS NOT FREE FOR TAXPAYERS AND CORPORATIONS WHO ACTUALLY PAY TAXES...again you don't have a clue 65% of all bankruptcies are senior citizens due rising health care costs...and by the way most big corporations do not pay taxes since georgy took office....this is fact.


    VINCE FOSTER SUICIDE, ROSE LAW FIRM BILLING RECORDS, WHITEWATER,WEBB HUBBEL,LOS ALAMOS, ELIAN GONGALEZ, WACO, RENTING LINCOLN BEDROOM, SELLING PARDONS, TECHNOLOGY TO CHINA FOR CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS.DUMB SHIT. OREILLY SMEAR MERCHANT--HE USUALLY INVITES PEOPLE THAT ARE THE TOPIC TO BE GUESTS-REAL UNFAIR.BLATHERING FOOL...you forgot monica lewinsky...and have you been talking with brit hume....

    anyway......stole the election, katrina preparation and evacuation disaster, lying to the public about iraq-immediate threat, ties to al queda,cia flame leak, haliburton, abu graib torture, rove, cheney,scooter, rumsfeld, under estimating the insurgency, not listening to powell when preparing for war and not sending enough troops.......vetoing stem cell research, brownie you're doing a good job, ...........mission accomplished, that brain dead woman in florida......do i need to continue you ignorant,grade A, number 1, olympic gold medal slob of person....you really think our country is better off.....go back to your cave and stay there...the best part of you ended up a brown stain on a maitress after your mother finished up with the local plumber......you are ingnorant.......stupid...and do not give one rats ass bout your fellow americans...if you did.....you would have the common sense to realize how screwed up things are and want to make a change with the elections in november....don't try to come up with some snot noes comment like you stated above and pretend you are the end all be all of knowledge about the current state of our country cause in reality you don't shit......you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat......now.....since this is done...i guess i'll chat with you guys tomorrow

    I think Jill Perry is The Ghost writer for ORS.

    Damm ya know we have to feel a little sorry for old ORS. Wake up, probibly around 12:00pm. Pissed off at the world. Turns on Stale-Air America gets more pissed off. Posts on this site people laugh at him. Gets more pissed off!! Probibly has no job. Would you want to work with this guy? Sorry, there is the truckstop. comes home falls asleep at 6:00 am with the radio tunned to SAA. YA know folks I think we should have a little compassion for ORS. I mean he doesn't even use an original name. How many ORS's have we seen come through here?

    Just another recycled guy with recycled material. Hey sort of like Olby and his recycled videos!

    So lay off ORS and let the little boy have his tantrums and maybe he will get to sleep at a decent hour.

    Take solace in the fact that one day and it will be soon that ORS will wake turn on his radio to hear SAA and comes to find that the station changed formats in the middle of the night and the first voice he hears is.....LAURA INGRAHM!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    Talk about takin' a chainsaw to the head!

    Pucky............pucky..........pucky....................pucky......as long as you walk the earth I can rest easy that there is someone qualified to clean public restrooms.

    There you qo with that air america stuff again...laura ingrahm......can she even complete a sentence.........I'm still waiting for an original thought from her.....and temper tantrum....no, actually I was quite calm......I was just stating what is fact about my friend scooty.......and as for you ............isn't there a toilet that has to be scrubbed right now.

    ORS.........ORS.......ORS......as long as you shamble through skid-row we can be assured that you will leave a noxious cloud.

    can YOU even complete a sentence....we're all awaiting an original thought from you...your olbigatory temper tantrums....your anger stems from the fact that recess is over....back to your remedial reading class...open your phonics workbook to page 4.

    LMAO..........................wow must admit...for someone who barely got past the first day of the sixth grade....impressive.

    ANyway.....your thought process shows a pattern of inmaturity and uselessness.....do your kids, wife, mother, father, know they have a father, husband,son who is a loser......just wondering......if you would like me to call and inform them of your lack of intellect I'll step up........no go enjoy this great summer.....keeping yourself lock up all day won't do you any good.

    Wow. An acronym. What a giant of miniscule proportions.

    What talents will watching "Nick Jr." open up for you next!

    I can't enjoy this damned summer, you idgit.

    Algore starred in a movie that told me because GWB hates the Earth that we'll all drown then broil in the hot sun.

    Remember SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

    LMAO....ROFL.......that's awesome......I'm glad you're taking his advice.

    Algore already is soylent green, in hollandaise sauce, with a side of fries. His followers just don't know it yet.

    this guys is great....man, I love this site!!!!!!!!!

    The pathology of those who move from heavy self-abuse to desiring it from others, quite interesting.

    You surely are one for the casebooks there, ORS.

    Or should it be there, there ORS, we'll tell you all about the damned rabbits, AGAIN!

    Pucky............pucky..........pucky....................pucky......as long as you walk the earth I can rest easy that there is someone qualified to clean public restrooms.

    That was funny! :)

    For all of the defenders of Olby's Nazi salute antic, try this on for size:

    Let's say that a conservative talk show host shows up at a public event and decides he wants to lampoon Sen. Robert Byrd, the West Virginia Senator and most famous ex-KKK member (at least Byrd says he is no longer a member). So, the conservative talk show host pulls out a cardboard mask of Byrd attached to a stick in front of his face. THEN, the host adds an extra little touch by donning a white hood or burning a cross. Hey, no big deal, right Nonfactor and ORS? It's like ORS said about the Olbermann incident, "in this moment I don't believe he [Olbermann] meant to offend anyone, I believe he was conveying what everybody else thinks of O'Reilly".

    So, ORS if the conservative talk show host in my example didn't mean "to offend anyone" and if he was just "conveying what everybody already thinks" (to use your standard)about Sen. Byrd, then the white hood and the burning cross wouldn't be a problem, just like the Nazi salute isn't a problem, eh?

    Think about it.

    Let's say that a conservative talk show host...

    Anyone else think these analogies are used up? Well if a liberal/conservative/man/woman/white guy/black guy did that then the media/public opinion would be outrageous, why aren't the media/publica opinion in a bigger outcry about what this liberal/conservative/man/woman/white guy/black guy did?

    Well, Non I don't see anyone joining you in your effort to dismiss my post without engaging in a responsive answer. I didn't say anything about how the media and/or the public would or should respond if a conservative had engaged in shenanigans like Orange Boy did in the Nazi salute incident. I'm simply trying to find out where you Olby supporters draw the line.

    If a Nazi salute is no big deal when Olby is lampooning O'Reilly, I don't think it should should be a big deal if someone wants to lampoon Sen. Byrd by using a burning cross or white hood. BTW, I find the Nazi salute as offensive as a burning cross or white hood and either gesture should be equally rejected and condemned. C'mon, Non, how about a real answer?

    When did I say I was supportive of the Nazi salute or that it was no big deal?

    Well, is the Olbermann Nazi salute a big deal that should be condemned (as the clear thinkers believe) or is it not?

    BTW-- Did you see Meltdown tonight? Olby named the WPITW. It was the person who accidently took his suitcase off the airport baggage claim conveyor belt and, (according to KO, so we don't know how reliable this is), this person sent her driver in to give KO back his suitcase and did not offer a personal apology. So how many of us are surprised about the the irony and total hypocrisy of Orange Boy taking another person to task for offensive and/or antisocial behavior? This is what psychiatrists call a narcissistic personality disorder.

    Come on Hank, give Keith a pass on this. That suitcase had all his baseball cards in it. Or maybe the woman reminded him Barbara Bush or Laura Bush or one of the Bush twins or someone connected with the Bush family.

    . . . or maybe the purloined suitcase had his supply of ManTan-- making off with Orange Boy's ManTan is a sure way to get named WPITW

    I hadn't thought of the man tan lotion. It's the man tan with just a little bit of Michael Musto in every bottle.

    Hey, Keith, since I know you and your MSLSD helpers read this site: Do you think it's OK to lampoon ex-KKK member Sen. Robert Byrd with a burning cross and white hood since you obviously feel it's OK to lampoon O'Reilly with a Nazi salute?

    In OlbyLoonLand, Logic is the hobgoblin of clear-thinking minds.

    It has now been over a week since I first challenged you Olbyloons to tell me what the difference would be between Olbermann lampooning O'Reilly with a Nazi salute and a (hypothetical) lampooning of former KKK member Sen. Robert Byrd (D. WV) with a burning cross and a white hood.

    There's been lots of pictures posted by the loons with miniature yellow flags of President Bush planted in piles of shit. Somebody jump in here and defend Orange Boy's Nazi salute if you think you can!

    what the difference would be between Olbermann lampooning O'Reilly with a Nazi salute and a (hypothetical) lampooning of former KKK member Sen. Robert Byrd (D. WV) with a burning cross and a white hood.

    Well, there is the fact that, in many states, burning a cross is a crime? So you could certainly try, but expect to be hauled away in cuffs.

    Olbermann's act, while offensive, is still not a crime.

    At least you get credit Anonymous for calling out Olbermann's Nazi salute as offensive. My question, which admittedly was imprecise, was not meant to challenge Olby defenders to find legal distinctions between the Olbermann Nazi salte and the hypothetical Robert Byrd lampooning via burning cross or white hood. Rather it was meant to challenge Olby defenders to agree or disagree with the notion that there is no moral difference between the two acts-- they are both repugnant and indecent.

    Any media that swarms all over the Mel Gibson anti-semitic remarks can surely appreciate the horrific symbolism of the Nazi salute for the Jewish population of our country. But when the MSM of our country has now dropped any pretense of its open war against the Bush administration (and all things associated with it), it should not be a surprise that Mel Gibson is vilified and Olbermann is given a pass, even while both acts are equally offensive and insulting to Jews.

    BTW- I suppose you could also observe that Mel and Orange Boy each has a "diminshed capacity" defense to their actions-- Mel because he was drunk and Orange Boy because he is mentally ill.