Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    August 2, 2006
    COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN - AUGUST 2, 2006

    "COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN" (8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    Topics/Guests:

    • THE IRAQ WAR: Thomas Ricks, author of "Fiasco"
    • MEL GIBSON'S DUI ARREST: Susan Filan, Michael Musto

    Now this is the Krazy Keith we know and love. Kick off the opening spiel with a classic Olbyism:

    24 Iraqi citizens, including unarmed women and children, shot deliberately by US Marines.

    That's our Keith. None of those silly legalities like "alleged" or "accused". Just declare guilt and prepare to pass sentence. KO later slips in that it's a "preliminary conclusion", which legally doesn't even rise to the level of an indictment, but such fine points don't carry much weight on The Hour of Spin. This was the lead in to an interview with the author of a "remarkable new book" that is a "devastating critique" of--guess who?--George Bush! Krazy Keith read generously from the "extraordinary" book before introducing Ricks. And if you think we overstated KO's eagerness to declare Haditha guilt before a court is even convened, consider his first question to Ricks:

    The unnamed Pentagon official's revelation of the Naval Criminal Investigation findings, does it not transform Haditha from an, an awful allegation to a, a virtually confirmed war atrocity?

    Of course it does! An anonymous leak of a preliminary finding clearly means that it's a proven war crime. No need to even hold a trial. Get the ropes and let's have ourselves a hanging! (Why does Keith Olbermann hate our troops? Why does Keith Olbermann hate the US Constitution?) Ricks moved quickly to place the blame on leadership and the training, and opined that incidents such as this were not isolated. KO and Ricks wrapped the interview with some Rummy bashing and the author's claim that he hasn't received a single critical email from anyone in the military.

    The chat wasn't that long, so Olby could squeeze in Middle East developments before the first commercial break. No reports, not even pre-taped, in KO's two minutes of war coverage, and at just 13 minutes into the hour, the first block ended with more teasing of the Mel Gibson story.

    In the #4 segment, Olby had his own, bizarre spin on the charges filed against Mel, that they only filed "minor counts" against him. Clearly the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann is as ignorant of charging practices in Los Angeles as he is of voting patterns in Florida. Susan Filan tried to explain to Olby that charges like "disorderly conduct" are mere infractions that wouldn't affect the end result. Amazingly, the Gibson story was Too Big For Just One Segment, and KO teased Even More Mel as he went to a break.

    Following Oddball, the #3 story was headlined "D.C. Follies", a handful of fluffy items about who rides in Senatorial elevators, "freedom fries", and the renovation of the briefing room. Dana Milbank, shorn of wacky wear, made lame jokes, and Olby served up phony, forced laughter. For some reason, the Bush at a locked door photo made another appearance. This segment ran barely seven minutes, and concluded with more teasers for Mel Gibson.

    In the #2 slot, Monica Novotny presented a collection of video clips from Japanese game shows, followed by Michael Jackson, Angelina Jolie, and another teaser for More Mel. The disturbing Michael Musto resurfaced again in the #1 slot to extend even further Countdown's latest tabloid obsession. The Creepy One told The Schmuck that Gibson's worst nightmare is "a gay Jew with a lot of hair".

    So the continued tabloidization of Countdown tonight brought us two (count 'em, two!) complete program blocks dedicated to Mel Gibson. Another block served up game shows and celebrities. Serious coverage (Haditha, the Middle East) got 12 minutes; if the ephemera with Milbank is counted as "serious" that makes a total 19 minutes of substance on the latest Hour of Spin. Dan Abrams rubs his hands in glee as A-Mess-NBC continues its voyage to the bottom of the barrel.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (94) | | View blog reactions
    user-pic

    94 Comments

    Thomas Ricks and his "book" are jokes. Although Lieutenant General Ricks is a darling of useful idiots like Miss Odorman and the Washington press corps, he has a completely utopian, hysterical, naive view of warfare. Consequently, he considers the success of the United States effort in Iraq to be a "fiasco". Ricks alleges that members of the military have "e-mailed" praise of his book to him. How many members of the military, particularly in Iraq, have read his silly book? One, two or maybe three, max. Consequently, Ricks shouldn't think that the absence of criticism of his book from the military is evidence that anyone in the military endorses his nonsense. If the one person in the military who has read his book disagrees with it, he most likely is not going to waste his time sending an e-mail to a fool like Ricks.

    you know what would be sad is if this site got MORE readers than keith has viewers

    did some research and found this: according to alexa.com this site is ranked at 429,501-so i guess that answers my question about who has more viewers/readers

    Yes, but they are more intelligent!!

    Why am I betting Jesse McBeth is one of those members of the military?

    Suri Cruise must be thanking God for Mel Gibson. She's been barely mentioned this week on MSNBC, and only the passing reference from Musto tonight on CD that I've heard.

    Instead, we get high-quality, insightful segments like Scarborough's tonight having one of his producers get drunk and then ask him if he felt like saying anything bad about Jews.

    Good Lord.

    It's funny, Keith keeps harping on mel Gibson, but doesn't condemn Hizb'Allah, Hamas, Al-Qaeda, Syria and Iran.
    Lefties, why does Olbermann always gives Islamo-Fascists, that're a real threat to Jews a pass?
    I'll tell you why he sympathizes with them. He's a self hating Phoney Jew and thinks that by going after Mel Gibson it'll cover up his support of real Islamic Anti-Semites.
    Any of you Lefties care to answer my question?


    From Malkin's blog---yet another leftyloon who "answers to nobody"----Jane Hamsher, who put up a photoshop photo of Joe Lieberman in blackface. Now, if she put orange-face of Olbyloon that might have been okay.

    Do I h/t Michelle?

    ...To the extent that rightwing Republicans like Michelle Malkin are trying to harm Ned Lamont with this ginned up controversy by "defending" his opponent with these absurd charges of racism — I regret it and I invite them to take it up with the person who did it, namely me. I answer to nobody and I operate entirely on my own volition. If you have a problem with something I’ve written, you know where to find me.

    In addition to bashing O'Reilly and others in his profession, KO has also been increasing his insinuations about Anderson Cooper of CNN. Cooper is out there broadcasting from the front lines and doing a good job of it while KO shoots his verbal spit balls from behind and maybe under his desk. What a hero!

    First time poster...long time reader....

    I have a simple question for those Olbermann supporters....When the incident happened regarding Rep. Patrick Kennedy, just to refresh memories:

    1.) got drunk...errr...took "prescription drugs"

    2.) drove home from a bar...errrr...drove to Capitol Hill for an important vote at 3 AM

    3.) plowed his car into a guardrail

    4.) smelled of alcohol, according to police officers

    5.) was driven home by police officers, instead of being taken to the police department

    6.) immediately entered rehab

    I am trying to recall, since my memory is failing me, did Mr. Murrow devote segment after segment on a nightly basis to this topic? Is it fair to hold a public official to at least as high, if not higher, standard than an entertainer? Did Keith bring on any former prosecutors to opine at length on whether Rep. Kennedy received preferential treatment? Did comedian Keith Olbermann have an extra-special puppet theatre devoted to Rep. Kennedy's incident? Did he continually and repeatedly proclaim Rep. Kennedy's career as being over, as he has with Gibson?

    Hopefully someone can help me out with this one, since I have trouble remembering a similiar outcry from the non-partisan Keith Olbermann.

    First time poster...long time reader....

    I have a simple question for those Olbermann supporters....When the incident happened regarding Rep. Patrick Kennedy, just to refresh memories:

    1.) got drunk...errr...took "prescription drugs"

    2.) drove home from a bar...errrr...drove to Capitol Hill for an important vote at 3 AM

    3.) plowed his car into a guardrail

    4.) smelled of alcohol, according to police officers

    5.) was driven home by police officers, instead of being taken to the police department

    6.) immediately entered rehab

    I am trying to recall, since my memory is failing me, did Mr. Murrow devote segment after segment on a nightly basis to this topic? Is it fair to hold a public official to at least as high, if not higher, standard than an entertainer? Did Keith bring on any former prosecutors to opine at length on whether Rep. Kennedy received preferential treatment? Did comedian Keith Olbermann have an extra-special puppet theatre devoted to Rep. Kennedy's incident? Did he continually and repeatedly proclaim Rep. Kennedy's career as being over, as he has with Gibson?

    Hopefully someone can help me out with this one, since I have trouble remembering a similiar outcry from the non-partisan Keith Olbermann.

    Gloria, I noticed the homophobic comment that KO made about Anderson Cooper during Keeping Tabs (in the Angelina Jolie bit). Olby gets more desperate and depraved by the minute.

    Olbermann is exhibitng all the characteristics of a coming nervous breakdown like that guy in the movie "Network" who shouts from the window "I'm not going to take it any more."

    Fiasco:The American Military Adventure in Iraq by Thomas Ricks; Number 1, Amazon.com.

    Ouch!!

    All I know is that last night Olberdouche spent two big segments on the non-story about Mel Gibson and O'Reilly led w/two segments each of Rudy Guilianni and Dan Rather(yes, Rather is a stiff, but still a pretty big name in the news business). Way to go Keith!!!

    Now, I know why you hate Keith Olbermann so much. He's funny and you are not. The extent of your diatribes is to come up with aliterations on his first name e.g. Krazy Keith, Kooky Keith. Growup and get a life you nerdy losers. You people are pathetic

    Anybody see BillO's comments about MSNBC's ratings coming in just behind the "Japenese Movie Channel"? It was funny as hell. I am sure TVNEWSER will suggest that this ranking, 36th to FOX's 5th, is a ratings victory because in the key demo of 25 to 25 1/4 year olds, MSNBC dominates.

    Hey, I got a great idea for your terific site. Why don't you give free paid vacations to Club Med in Falluja. It would be great you can sit around a campfire and sing the praises of your God Bill O'Really. You can also include free videos Of Bill sexually harassing some staff members.

    I don't hate Olby, Bob Copjec, I just think he's incredibly one-sided, which would be okay if he admitted to it. However, he claims to be objective, which is patently false. He then holds people to standards that he himself does not uphold.

    Matticus Finch, All of cable news has become incredibly one-sided. Keith Olberman's show is a direction reaction to the unabashed cheerleading of all things conservative and republican in this country. The Bill O'reillys and the Sean Hannitys of the world do their country no service by jingoistic boosterism. A war gone terribly wrong, global warming and abuses of civil liberties should be exposed. Instead we get mindless drivel (see Freedom Frys); witch hunts of dissenters (see Dixie Chicks and Rep Murtha); and an idolization of drug addled frat boy (see George Bush). Questioning your government is not only your right it is you obligation. As Thomas Jefferson said: " Given the choice of government without the press or the press without the government, I would take the latter". We need more Keith Olbermans and less Bill O'reillys to questions our countrys polocies

    Bob Capjec- If you actually paid attention to O'Reilly (yes, he is a blowhard w/a short fuse most of the time)then you would realize he really isn't a blind cheerleader of the Bush Administration Ever listen to his views on the border or big oil for example?. His views are more in the traditionalist/populist vain. Yeah, most are on the right side of the political spectrum, but it's a little more truthful than your so-called savior Keith Olbermann. When you talk about mindless drivel ('I feel your pain'), witch hunts ('the vast right wing conspiracy'), and an idolization of a drug addled frat boy (President Clinton- womanizing dope smoker?)you seem to forget the 1990's? Do you ever think that maybe the rise in popularity of such outlets like Limbaugh, etc. are direct response to the political spectrum of that decade. My big issue with Keith Olbermann is that he comes off an elitist know-it-all who is scared to actually have someone on his show that would have an opposing viewpoint to his. Yes, I agree that we should always question our government, but not to the extent that everything the US does is 'evil' and we are the root of all the problems in the world is just plain rediculous. Olbermann and O'Reilly really do give you a cliffnotes version of current events, but O'Reilly admits he's an analyst not some kind of unbiased news anchor Olbermann claims to be.

    Bob Copjec is typical of someone who has no idea what he is talking about who wanders on this website and starts spouting clueless Media Matters talking points. Copjec deplores the supposedly "one sided" broadcating on Fox and the alleged "jingoistic boosterism" of Hannity and O'Reilly.

    Of course, what Copjec avoids any mention of is that the real offender in terms of his partisan one sided presentation is Copjec's hero, Orange Boy Olbermann. Copjec is too busy bashing Hannity and O'Reilly to notice that, night in and night out, these two hosts (as well as Tucker Carlson and the liberal Chris Matthews) invite guests on thier shows who have opposing viewpoints so that both sides of the issue in question can be debated. Orange Boy on the other hand continues to invite his like minded sycophants to parrot his one sided screed against any conservative word or deed. In fact Orange Boy has gone on record that he will not tolerate opposing viewpoints on his show. In an interview with the San Bernardino County Sun he said:

    "Part of my deal with the network is that I don't have to have debates. . . .Having both sides politically debating a point adds nothing to the political discourse; plus, it makes me queasy."

    You find this cowardice to be your cup of journalistic tea, Mr. Copjec?

    Your references to the Dixie Chicks being the victims of a "witch hunt" and the President of the United States being "drug addled" definitively show that you are not a serious man, but a hopeless stooge in thrall to the Cindy Sheehan/John Murtha wing of the Democratic party which will (thankfully) drive the Dems over the cliff and into oblivion

    Bob,
    What you see as dissent, (i.e. the public condemnation and conviction of U.S. Marines by a U.S. Senator) others see as giving aide and comfort to the enemy. Who doesn't cover the war? or the Al Gore comeback and the 100% of the scientists that believe in Global Warming?

    On what planet does the press like W. ? Is it warm on your planet?

    As far as trying to compare O'reilly or Hannity with Olbermann, this is an all too common mistake made by the Olbyloon. One purports to being a journalist with no opinion (Olbermann), the other openly acknowledeges his role as a commentator with opinions (O'Reilly/ Hannity). You may not like those opinions. You may even find these opinions wrong headed, or hippocrytical. Fine. That's why you have those rating juggernauts on Air America, or Chris Matthews, or Donahue, or every editorial page of every newspaper in the country (save the WSJ).

    I wonder what TJ would have said if he knew about the effects of "yellow journalists" like Olbermann and the loons brainwashed by said journalists?

    Keith Olberman's show is a direction reaction to the unabashed cheerleading of all things conservative and republican in this country.

    Bob,

    If Orange Boy's show is a "direct reaction..." as you say, well there ain't much reaction is there? I was trying to watch Meltdown last night and had to turn it off as it was all about Mel Gibson (who cares) and some guy kissed a horse or something. This a tabloid TV only and no one is interested to this 1-sided drivel.

    I guess your point is weak due to the fact the people are not tired of "all things conservative", due to the ratings for Rush (20 million listeners daily) or FOX (which blow away your hero that has no ratings).

    What you see as dissent, (i.e. the public condemnation and conviction of U.S. Marines by a U.S. Senator) others see as giving aide and comfort to the enemy.

    Then the "others" need a refresher in how the law works. To "give aid and comfort", there needs to be an OVERT act, and constitutionally-protected speech does not rise to that level.

    "We need more Keith Olbermans and less Bill O'reillys to questions our countrys polocies"

    You really mean that? You would rather have a comedian/sportscaster responsible for questioning the policies of our country?

    In the last week BO has had Sec. of State Condi Rice and former Mayor Guiliani on his show.
    Who has KO had on?

    You can tell how seriously he is regarded by his lack of significant guests to interview. They all know he is a joke! Even Jon Stewart has better guests than KO.

    "We need more Keith Olbermans and less Bill O'reillys to questions our countrys polocies"

    You really mean that? You would rather have a comedian/sportscaster responsible for questioning the policies of our country?

    In the last week BO has had Sec. of State Condi Rice and former Mayor Guiliani on his show.
    Who has KO had on?

    You can tell how seriously he is regarded by his lack of significant guests to interview. They all know he is a joke! Even Jon Stewart has better guests than KO.

    Oh, you'll see a reaction come November, Red State Guy. And Twinkies sell better than granola bars, so what?

    To the uninitiated: You'll find that one of the favorite themes of the obsessed-Keith-haters of this site is summed up by Matticus Finch above. Their real problem with Keith, they insist, is that he "claims to be objective". Really? When does he do that? Because as a regular viewer I've never heard such a thing, and you make it sound like it's his mantra. In fact, unlike Fox News and their absurd motto, neither KO or MSNBC make any claim other than to have a different slant on the news. Keith is a liberal - a fact made clear every day on his show, and right wingers understandably hate him for it. And the fact that he doesn't debate hand-picked strawmen who "disagree" with him (another fave talking point here re: O'Reilly) further proves the point.

    An anonymous dope wrote:

    "Their real problem with Keith, they insist, is that [Keith] "claims to be objective". Really? When does he do that? Because as a regular viewer I've never heard such a thing"

    Try watching his appearances on late night TV, where he claims that he is impartial because he "doesn't vote." When asked POINT BLANK if he is a liberal, he denies it.

    Olbermann is so stupid that he considers his CIVIC DUTY the main sign of political bias, not his nightly spinfest. More likely, he is too stupid and lazy to vote.

    The reason KO is so refreshing is because he is not afraid to tell the Emperor he has no clothes. While Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Rush have been creaming in their jeans about what a great job George Bush is doing, Good ol'boy george has been an unmitigated disaster. Let's recap for the home players:
    $76 a barrel oil
    Social Security reform-not
    Runaway federal spending
    record deficits
    Harriet Miers
    Port security
    Global warming
    Katrina debacle
    Polarization of the country
    North Korea
    Iran
    Increasing isolation from
    the rest of the world
    Invading Iraq for bogus
    reasons
    not knowing what the f**K
    we are doing once we got there
    no diplomacy anywhere
    stem cell research
    erosion of civil rights
    I am getting tired of typing so I will end there.But in general this arrogant cowboy has caused damage to this country that will take years to overcome. That is probably why his ratings are in the low 30's (the entire Fox Audience).


    The reason KO is so refreshing is because he is not afraid to tell the Emperor he has no clothes. While Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Rush have been creaming in their jeans about what a great job George Bush is doing, Good ol'boy george has been an unmitigated disaster. Let's recap for the home players:
    $76 a barrel oil
    Social Security reform-not
    Runaway federal spending
    record deficits
    Harriet Miers
    Port security
    Global warming
    Katrina debacle
    Polarization of the country
    North Korea
    Iran
    Increasing isolation from
    the rest of the world
    Invading Iraq for bogus
    reasons
    not knowing what the f**K
    we are doing once we got there
    no diplomacy anywhere
    stem cell research
    erosion of civil rights
    I am getting tired of typing so I will end there.But in general this arrogant cowboy has caused damage to this country that will take years to overcome. That is probably why his ratings are in the low 30's (the entire Fox Audience).


    Anonymous idiot,

    An "overt" act is needed to prove treason, providing sound bites that can be reproduced all over the Arab world by Al Jazeera and Al Aribiya is at the very least irresponsible. A congressman or senator providing these sound bites helps lend credibility to the cause of killing Americans as being righteous. That is giving aide and certainly comfort. I didn't say it was "treason".

    I undertstand your knee-jerk reaction to criticism to anyone who supposedly dissents is to say that those who are doing the dissenting are being persecuted. You've been taught that those who dissent are "always" the brave ones fighting against oppression. How else could anyone defend Murtha's comments as being patriotic as I am sure you think they are?

    "the other openly acknowledeges his role as a commentator with opinions (O'Reilly/ Hannity)."

    Which is why BO adresses himself as "Your humble correspondent." Bill considers himself a journalist - which is a joke.
    --------------------------------------------

    "In the last week BO has had Sec. of State Condi Rice and former Mayor Guiliani on his show."

    Go figure. Two republicans. Of course they were on OReilly. It's the biggest show on the biggest republican network. It's called 'playing to your base,' which republicans are doing everytime they go on FOX. Democrats never get a fair shake on that sorry excuse for a news organization. Just look at the Levin interview with Facist Kilmeade.

    The beginning of the Keith Olbemann meltdown started a long time ago but now, friends, we're witnessing an acceleration in the process of self destruction. He has reached the boiling point, just after his attack #100 on Bill O'Reilly, the #1 cable news host on the #1 cable news network, then was evident with his display of Nazi love with his salute, and his pathetic flailing around on Leno and Ferguson's shows. If that isn't evidence of a meltdown, I don't know what is. MSNBC, if it was a true friend of Keith, would step in and throw a straight jacket on the krazy one live during his show, to show that they were serious, and maybe even mace or taze him if he got a little out of hand. Then off to the loonitorium for a several month stay. But alas, there's nothing to indicate that that's going to happen. Shame on MSNBC.

    Here's a question for any conservative out there who cares to answer it.

    Should ANYONE question the president on ANYTHING? Especially as it pertains to national security or the war in Iraq or the war on terror? Or should we just close our eyes and blindly let him do whatever he wants with no accountability whatsoever? The Congress doesn't do it's job of being a check and balance on the Executive Branch. FOX News certainly doesn't hold the administation accountable. On a nightly basis Olbermann points out the President's mistakes and lies... and that drives neo-cons nuts.

    So... should ANYone question this administration on ANYthing... especially as it pertains to national security, the war in Iraq, or the war on terror? Or do we close our eyes and blindly follow?

    Excuse me, Mr. President, but I'm the worthless piece of shit. I've dedicated a lot of time and effort and I beliece I've earned the right to be known as Worthless Piece of Shit. It's kind of like the " Highlander " thing. In the end, there can be only one.

    Here's a question for any Olbyphile who cares to answer it: Why should conservative have anything but contempt for Keith Olbermann. He claims to be neutral yet is as left wing as he is orange. He has no opposition on his show. He lies and distorts about anyone with a different point of view. His obsession with Fox News in general and Bill O'Reilly ( his lord and master ) in particular is just plain sad. His ratings are abysmal, even after all the shameless promotions by his network mother ship. He has on the creepiest of guests ( see Michael Musto ) and do nothing but laugh and agree with one another. It's hard to get heated and rude with a guest if you never have one on to talk about something on which you both disagree. But once in a while, like the Jackie Mason fiasco, when he's totally caught off guard, that it pays off to log time with this sad little show. Considering all of that, with some nasty e-mails to boot and calling a fellow co-worker (Rita Cosby) " dumb as a box of rocks", you have a recipe for left wing tool and a conservative's eternal loathing.

    One of Olbermann's crazier fans loves poop too much, methinks!

    Anonymous writes:

    "Their [critics of Olbermann] real problem with Keith, they insist, is that he "claims to be objective". Really? When does he do that? Because as a regular viewer I've never heard such a thing, and you make it sound like it's his mantra."

    Well, Anon if you bothered to find out a little something about Orange Boy and what he says about himself and what MSLSD claims about Meltdown, you might not be caught in making ignorant statements as the one above.

    For the record (for the umpteenth time), here is Orange Boy talking about his political ideology with USC's Online Journalism Review:

    OJR: How would you describe yourself politically on the liberal-to-conservative spectrum? How important do you think it is for MSM to be transparent on their political affiliations?
    KO: I'm not political. I don't vote -- I don't believe journalists covering politics should (and I don't think the democracy would suffer if however many of us there are, recused ourselves). I have no more interest in the political outcome of an election than I did in the winner or loser of any ballgame I ever covered.

    Anon further avers:

    "In fact, unlike Fox News and their absurd motto, neither KO or MSNBC make any claim other than to have a different slant on the news."

    More ignorance from Anonymous. Perhaps if you clicked your mouse a couple of times and wandered over to the MSLSD website and then to the Meltdown link, you would find these interesting assertions about the show that you claim is so out front about its liberalism:

    First, MSLSD states that Olbermann is an "anchor", you know someone who someone who coordinates or narrates a newscast:

    "MSNBC Anchor, 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann'
    Keith Olbermann is host of “Countdown with Keith Olbermann.”

    Next, MSLSD claims that Meltdown is NOT a liberal megaphone, but a NEWCAST:

    “Countdown,” a unique newscast that counts down the day’s top stories with Keith’s particular wit and style, telecasts weeknights, 8-9 p.m. ET on MSNBC

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080446/

    "Keith is a liberal - a fact made clear every day on his show"

    Really? Anon, you asked what evidence there was to show to back up the claim of the Olbermann critics regarding Orange Boy's claims to objectivity and I have provided it. Now it's your turn. Where and when has Keith ever declared that he is a liberal? The answer is never, you dope. In fact,in every statement he has ever made on this point, he conspicously denies or refuses to admit whether he is a liberal.

    "And the fact that he [Olbermann] doesn't debate hand-picked strawmen who "disagree" with him (another fave talking point here re: O'Reilly) further proves the point.

    Proves what point? Who are these supposed hand-picked strawmen? By your use of the term "disagree" in quote marks, do you mean to imply that guests on Reilly's show who take viewpoints opposite of O'Reilly's don't really believe what they're saying? If so, give some examples of some occasions where this has happened on "The Factor" and your evidence for such . Do you believe, Anonymous, that guests who O'Reilly has interviwed such as Michael Moore are just "strawmen"? You are clueless.



    Hank,

    Expect a photo of shit as a response. These wackos have no interest in honest discussion.

    These wackos have no interest in honest discussion.

    "discussion" with the resident morons at OlbyWatch is an even bigger joke than your brain dead misunderstandings of geopolitics.

    Anonymous
    Eat the shit and die.

    Man oh man, these Olberturds couldn't make themselves look worse if they tried! Nice job, dummies!

    BURNING ISSUES

    Fox spokeswoman Irena Briganti replied:

    "Because of his personal demons, Keith has imploded everywhere he's worked. From lashing out at co-workers to personally attacking Bill O'Reilly and all things Fox, it's obvious Keith is a train wreck waiting to happen. And like all train wrecks, people might tune in out of morbid curiosity, but they eventually tune out, as evidenced by Keith's recent ratings decline. In the meantime, we hope he enjoys his paranoid view from the bottom of the ratings ladder and wish him well on his inevitable trip to oblivion."

    Have a nice day, Keith!

    Fox spokeswoman Irena Briganti replied:

    "Because of his personal demons, Keith has imploded everywhere he's worked. From lashing out at co-workers to personally attacking Bill O'Reilly and all things Fox, it's obvious Keith is a train wreck waiting to happen. And like all train wrecks, people might tune in out of morbid curiosity, but they eventually tune out, as evidenced by Keith's recent ratings decline. In the meantime, we hope he enjoys his paranoid view from the bottom of the ratings ladder and wish him well on his inevitable trip to oblivion."

    Have a nice day, Keith!

    Talk about Bush Derangement Syndrome! Check out the ironically-named site where all these lovely poo photos originate:

    http://www.madeyouthink.org/

    Yes, hundreds of poo photos indeeds make one think . . . that the person who produced the photos is completely insane.

    A congressman or senator providing these sound bites helps lend credibility to the cause of killing Americans as being righteous. That is giving aide and certainly comfort.

    You're splitting hairs and doing a very poor job of it. Read Title 18, Section 2381 of the United States Code. Then read Article III of the United States Constitution.

    hey, check it out ... the British ambassador to Iraq is a moonbat ...

    LONDON, England (CNN) -- The UK's outgoing ambassador to Baghdad has warned government ministers that a civil war in Iraq is more likely than a successful transition to democracy, according to a news report. William Patey also predicted the division of Iraq along ethnic lines, in a confidential memo addressed to the Prime Minister, Foreign Secretary, Defense Secretary and senior military leaders. Patey's warning was contained in his final diplomatic cable, leaked to the BBC, before leaving office last week, the BBC reported. "The prospect of a low intensity civil war and a de facto division of Iraq is probably more likely at this stage than a successful and substantial transition to a stable democracy," Patey wrote.

    stoopid moonbat. what a tin-foil leftist he is. can't understand how he got into Blair's administration. must be an islamo-fascist mole.

    Yesterday, Democrat Representative John Dingell of Michigan appeared on a Detroit television program along with Republican Candice Miller. They discussed the crisis in Lebanon; Dingell proclaimed himself neutral. "I don't take sides for or against Hezbollah; I don't take sides for or against Israel." Asked, "You're not against Hezbollah?" Dingell answers, "No..."

    This is the Representative Dingell who will take over the Chairmanship of the Commerce and Energy Committee if Democrats get control of the House.

    yeah, that Dingell sounds like a real moonbat. 'cause if you're not against Hezbollah, then you're not against terrorism. and if you're not against terrorism, then you're not against suiciders. and if you're not against suiciders then how can you be supportive of the torture-spreading freedom-lovers?! (who only torture and invade and bomb and destroy and occupy and lie when they really, really have to.)

    Hank,
    That was my anon post - unintentional, sorry about that. I've posted under the name Tucker is Oranger (true, btw. Perhaps the MSNBC studios have a color correction problem) Anyhoo, thanks for your helpful comments on my ignorance/cluelessness. You're right, of course. Not being particularly Keith-Obsessed, my opinion of Keith is based on his television show. As such I don't track his every public appearance, during which I have no doubt he says silly things to garner attention for himself and his show.

    Anyway, you're wrong. Keith is liberal. I don't know why it hurts you so much to live with that. I can live with the fact the O'Reilly is a right-wing pigeon, even though he doesn't consider himself one. (speaking of which, thanks for the tip on Moore-O'Reilly. Checked it out on YouTube. Fun! That's not standard, though. BO usually debates weirdos with indefensible positions - it's good for ratings, and we all know BO's the king of ratings!)

    Finally Hank: like it or not, Counddown is a news show, albeit a liberal one, and people who host news shows are called "anchors". Take Care.

    "BO usually debates weirdos with indefensible positions"

    You may be right on that. Didn't he have John Kerry on a few weeks back?

    "You may be right on that. Didn't he have John Kerry on a few weeks back?"

    That was one of the few sane people he interviewed. No I think Tucker meant right wing nut jobs such as yourself.

    "One of the few sane people he interviewed"

    Let's see, who else was there in the part week or two? Wesley Clark, Dan Rather, Rep Gary Ackermann (D), Rep Wasserman (D), Al Sharpton, Douglas Brinkley...

    Once again you're on the mark. These are not sane people.

    Tucker writes:

    "Anyway, you're wrong. Keith is liberal. I don't know why it hurts you so much to live with that"

    Welcome to the land of the obvious. I don't care that Orange Boy Olbermann is liberal. I do care that he spouts his lberal inanities and tries to pass it off as objective news reporting. This is why I have no respect for Olby (plus the fact that he won't allow any dissenting opinion on his show because he knows he would get clobbered).

    Chris Matthews does not try to pretend that he is not of a liberal bent and he is willing to mix it up with those who disagree with his own political viewpoint, so I can respect him even while I disagee with a lot of what he says. Not so with Orange Boy. Not even close.

    BTW there is no such thing as a a "liberal" of "conservative" news show. If a news show is liberal or conservative, it is not a news show, because it is not objectively reporting facts, which is what a news show (or newscast) is supposed to do. A news show or news cast with a liberal or conservative host interjecting liberal or conservative opinion is an "opinion" or "commentary" or "talk" show, not a "newscast" hosted by an "anchor" as MSLSD tries to deceptively mislabel Meltdown.

    John Gibson, Neil Cavuto & Brit Hume will be disappointed you don't consider them news anchors, Hank.

    They aren't and don't claim to be-- but they certainly have more of a claim to objectivity than Orange Boy because both sides of the political spectrum get a hearing-- unlike Meltdown which is a chorus of sycophants each puckering up to each others butt cheeks

    Hey Tucker is Orange,
    Your statements prove that by supporting Hizbollah that're an Islamo-Fascist supporter.
    Explain the Left's love affair with Islamo-Fascism?

    They sent us flowers last week.

    Anonymous writes:

    "yeah, that Dingell sounds like a real moonbat. 'cause if you're not against Hezbollah, then you're not against terrorism."

    Correct. Hezbollah is made up of terrorists and Democrat Dingell cannot bring himself to denounce them or say they are worse than Israel. Do you seriously have no problem with Dingell's statement, Anonymous? I hope that is the case, because every Republican in this country running for office in 2006 should put Dingell's statement front and center to let the voters know this is what the Dems stand for.

    Check out Olby's ratings for Wednesday night on TVNewser. Fourth in "demo" and barely third overall. The stench is rising even higher, Olby.

    http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_wednesday_august_2_41403.asp#more

    DemocraticUNderGround - perfect name for the steaming piles LEFT all about by the pic-troll.

    Don't forget to lick the spoon when you've finished, ya moron.

    Let's see, who else was there in the part week or two? Wesley Clark, Dan Rather, Rep Gary Ackermann (D), Rep Wasserman (D), Al Sharpton, Douglas Brinkley...

    Once again you're on the mark. These are not sane people


    tch, tch, tch, I said when he has batshit crazy people on such as yourself? Are you like Al Sharpton?


    hank said,

    "I don't care that Orange Boy Olbermann is liberal. I do care that he spouts his lberal inanities and tries to pass it off as objective news reporting."

    So, let me make sure we're clear... the MOMENT Keith openly admits he's a liberal you would never have a problem with him again and you would stop posting on here speaking out against him? Seriously, if the only thing you don't like is that he doesn't admit he's a liberal... you obviously have no problem with what he's reporting. Good to know.
    ------------------------------------

    And no one answered my question.

    Should ANYONE question the president, especially when it concerns National Security, The War on Terror and the The War in Iraq? Or, do we blindly follow what he does, and hold him to no accountability whatsoever?

    There should be no accountability, no elections, no freedoms - period. You got a question on Iraq? You're disappeared (Crawford, Texas - clearing dear leader's land).

    Thank goodness for the left or there would be no morality in America at all. Or at least nobody proclaiming it like they earned a Boy Scout merit badge PS the firestarting merit badge is like a give away, even the short bussers get it, so you might not want to wave it around so much or people will assume....never mind.

    There should be no accountability, no elections, no freedoms - period. You got a question on Iraq? You're disappeared (Crawford, Texas - clearing dear leader's land).

    Your sarcasm would be more effective except for this:

    "A draft Bush administration plan for special military courts seeks to expand the reach and authority of such 'commissions' to include trials, for the first time, of people who are not members of al-Qaeda or the Taliban and are not directly involved in acts of international terrorism, according to officials familiar with the proposal.

    The plan, which would replace a military trial system ruled illegal by the Supreme Court in June, would also allow the secretary of defense to add crimes at will to those under the military court’s jurisdiction. The two provisions would be likely to put more individuals than previously expected before military juries, officials and independent experts said."

    In other words, the Secretary of Defense would have the discretion on what "crimes" could be tried in secret tribunals with anyone (including American citizens) possibly being stripped of their rights and tossed in a cell simply because someone, somewhere, says they're guilty of plotting against the U.S.

    Can't even parody these lunatics. That is sad.

    James writes:

    "So, let me make sure we're clear... the MOMENT Keith openly admits he's a liberal you [referring to me, Hank] would never have a problem with him again and you would stop posting on here speaking out against him? Seriously, if the only thing you don't like is that he doesn't admit he's a liberal... you obviously have no problem with what he's reporting. Good to know."

    Not quite, James. Orange Boy would need to openly admit he's a liberal AND follow the practice of every other nightly cable talk show host he competes with (O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Tucker): bring on guests who would mix it up with Orange Boy and would challenge his liberal worldview. Hell, even Donny Deutsch brings on Ted Nugent. Olby's got more talent than Donnie, he just doesn't have any guts.

    Wanna place a bet, James on whether Olby will ever satify these two conditions? I didn't think so. There may come a day when he will drop the pretense of neutality, but I can assure you Orange Boy will never (knowingly) bring on someone on Meltdown who will challenge his opinion because he knows what the outcome will be.

    hank wrote, "Orange Boy would need to openly admit he's a liberal AND follow the practice of every other nightly cable talk show host he competes with (O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Tucker): bring on guests who would mix it up with Orange Boy and would challenge his liberal worldview. Hell, even Donny Deutsch brings on Ted Nugent."

    I can agree basically with everything you say here. What you want out of a news show is diversity in opionion. OReilly has that, H&c has that... I believe they both shout down the leftist view and give more credence to conservative viewpoints... but I'll give you they at least have the other opinion on there. Admittedly, I'D even like to see Olbermann debate someone for once. I think he'd do better than you do, obviously - but, we can agree we'd both like to see him take someone on face-to-face.

    But, that is what YOU want out of a show.

    Why I (and many others) like the show is because he continually goes after the conservative viewpoint. You have to concede the majority of talk-radio and TV commentary is conservative. CD is the one bastion of liberal-think. I like the fact that there's somewhere to turn for that point of view. Could it be better if there were opposing view-points... I agree with you 100-percent, yes. But, the show as is... at least for me... is just fine.

    But, again, every point you made I can agree with. There are more 'complete' news shows out there. But, this may be the only one that takes on the administration the way it does. That's it's niche.

    hank wrote, "Orange Boy would need to openly admit he's a liberal AND follow the practice of every other nightly cable talk show host he competes with (O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Tucker): bring on guests who would mix it up with Orange Boy and would challenge his liberal worldview. Hell, even Donny Deutsch brings on Ted Nugent."

    I can agree basically with everything you say here. What you want out of a news show is diversity in opionion. OReilly has that, H&c has that... I believe they both shout down the leftist view and give more credence to conservative viewpoints... but I'll give you they at least have the other opinion on there. Admittedly, I'D even like to see Olbermann debate someone for once. I think he'd do better than you do, obviously - but, we can agree we'd both like to see him take someone on face-to-face.

    But, that is what YOU want out of a show.

    Why I (and many others) like the show is because he continually goes after the conservative viewpoint. You have to concede the majority of talk-radio and TV commentary is conservative. CD is the one bastion of liberal-think. I like the fact that there's somewhere to turn for that point of view. Could it be better if there were opposing view-points... I agree with you 100-percent, yes. But, the show as is... at least for me... is just fine.

    But, again, every point you made I can agree with. There are more 'complete' news shows out there. But, this may be the only one that takes on the administration the way it does. That's it's niche.

    hank also said, "AND follow the practice of every other nightly cable talk show host he competes with (O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Tucker):"

    I'm not attacking your opinion here, but this is a thought. Olbermann DOES do things differently than EVERYONE ELSE. Granted, it pisses off conservatives because he continually attacks our adminstration. BUT... the fact that it IS different could also be what MSNBC is going for. Whether or not it's successful, that's an entirely different debate. But, the fact that it is different is likely intended.

    Just a question, but if a conservative - say Tucker - ran his show like Keith and only had conservatives on, would that bother you as much? Or would you like the slightly different format from the others?

    James asks:

    "Just a question, but if a conservative - say Tucker - ran his show like Keith and only had conservatives on, would that bother you as much? Or would you like the slightly different format from the others?"

    I probably would find a (hypothethical) show w/ a conservative host that ran it like Olbermann runs Meltdown less annoying than Meltdown, but I also would tend to get bored with it because of its predictability. I think this "predictability" factor shows up in Meltdown's consistently weak ratings.

    Not quite, James. Orange Boy would need to openly admit he's a liberal

    Why? Billy O (AKA the bald eagle) doesn't admit he is a conservative.

    hank said, "I think this "predictability" factor shows up in Meltdown's consistently weak ratings."

    - excellent point

    ----------------------------------------------
    hank said, " Orange Boy would need to openly admit he's a liberal"

    anonymous replied, "Why? Billy O doesn't admit he is a conservative."

    True, OReilly won't admit he's conservative. But, if it 'aint ok for BO, it should't be ok for Keith. And defending Keith's refusal to admit a liberal bias by attacking BO for not admitting a conservative bias is no defense. It's just deflecting one fault by pointing out someone else's. And it certainly doesn't justify it.

    I'm a Keith fan... but I call it like I see it.

    hank said, "I probably would find a (hypothethical) show w/ a conservative host that ran it like Olbermann runs Meltdown less annoying than Meltdown"

    One other question, hank - or anyone willing to answer. You say you'd get bored with it, which is fine. But, would you attack for having a conservative slant like you attack Countdown?

    True, OReilly won't admit he's conservative. But, if it 'aint ok for BO, it should't be ok for Keith. And defending Keith's refusal to admit a liberal bias by attacking BO for not admitting a conservative bias is no defense. It's just deflecting one fault by pointing out someone else's. And it certainly doesn't justify it.

    my point is that Hank requires things out Of keith he does not seem to require out of a people such as O'Reilly.

    I don't require that cable talk show hosts divulge their true ideological leanings if they are not claiming to be objective reporters. BOR does not claim to be an objective reporter. Orange Boy on the other hand claims to not be political and his network holds him out to be an "anchor" of a "newscast". I want the mask to be ripped off of Orange Boy because he insists on being a bald faced liar concerning his claimed lack of ideological bent.

    I also want those talk shoes hosts who want to shove their ideology down the throats of their audience to have to guts to stand up to a challenge from someone who disagrees with them. KO doesn't have the cajones to do this. And he wants to act like a tough guy and challenge BOR to "go outside" in his last senseless "Factor Fiction" segment? KO would run like a scalded dog if he and BOR ever squared off

    BOR does not claim to be an objective reporter.

    He claims he is an independent and runs a show that supposedly has a "no spin zone"

    BOR takes sides on political issues. Neither he nor those who produce his program make any claims to the contrary. On the other hand, I have presented evidence above that shows that Orange Boy and MSLSD hold out KO as an objective reporter (KO claims that he is "not political" and MSLSD labelling him as an "anchor" who hosts a newscast").

    You did not respond to my point that Orange Boy cringes from the prospect of bringing anyone on his show who won't toe the line and parrot his opinion. The fact that you defend this sorry sack of shit is pathetic

    hank wrote, "You did not respond to my point that Orange Boy cringes from the prospect of bringing anyone on his show who won't toe the line and parrot his opinion."

    You're partially right. Obviously he doesn't bring on anyone with a different viewpoint. But, no one knows for fact exactly why that is. I think we can ASSUME it's a conscious choice... and not because conservatives refuse to go on the show. But, WHY EXACTLY he makes that choice, no one know for sure. You can speculate he's scared. Fine to have that opinion. Or, he just doesn't want to give the conservative viewpoint (or that of the administration) any air time. Either way, it's fair to dislike the show for those reasons.

    However, hank, I will disagree with you that BO doesn't tout himself as a journalist. "Your humble correspondent" is one of his favorite lines. He prides himself on being a journalist. And journalists should be impartial. Don't get me wrong... Bill is excellent at what he does. But, I think it's obvious he purports to be a journalist when he's really a commentary guy.

    James:

    KO has gone on the record saying that he doesn't like to watch people with differing views debate a subject because it "adds nothing to the national debate and, in fact, makes me queasy."

    I think it's safe to say that is why KO has on no guests that disagree with him.

    I've never heard BO call himself a journalist. Part of the media, yes, and he is. MANY, MANY
    times I have heard BO say things like "other commentators like myself." Maybe you just haven't watched the show enough.