Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    August 27, 2006
    I'm Back

    I left home on August 1st and traveled to Phoenix to NY to Boston to NY to San Diego to L.A. to Phoenix to Tampa to Nashville to Chicago to NY. I got back last night. In the meantime, I did not have much time to look at Olbermann Watch but learned that a troll on this site and become particularly active. As a general rule, I do not edit or delete comments or ban commenters. When comment spammers find open threads I close them and delete the comment spam. It generally takes a couple weeks for comment spammers to find open threads so it is typical that a comment is open for about that long.

    In this case, the commenter may or may not have been the owner of the web site and the owner of the web site may or may not have been the person depicted in the web site. It's the internet so you can never be sure about these things. Regardless, someone was posting from a particularly IP address (and doing so anonymously, psuedonymously or under other people's names). I found over 100 posted comments from this IP address. Many of them had dozens of links to a particular site so that there were thouands of outbound links to that site coming from our site. For those who don't know how this game works - if you do that on dozens of sites you can get hundreds of thousands of inbound links to a site which increased the sites Google Page Rank and causes the site to show up higher in Google searches. In other words, these comments were spam designed to advertise a particular site.

    As a result, I have deleted all of these comments and banned anyone from posting at that IP address.

    This is generally not an effective solution because there are many ways around a ban but reasoning with a troll is pointless, negotiating with a spammer is pointless and doing nothing is not an acceptable option.

    I have reported the matter to the web host for that site and will let them look into whether the commenter is coming from the same IP address as their customer and determine how to handle their customer. Spamming is a violation of their user agreement.

    One last point, some folks might wonder why I don't moderate comments (pre or post),, require registration or use a catchpa. The answer is simple, I've tried them all and they all inhibit a free exchange on the site. I'd rather close comments after a couple of weeks and deal with the occassional spam that gets through then get in the way of the give and take on this site.


    UPDATE: Here is my exchange with Piczo Member Services, the company hosting the site linked in the comments on Olbermann Watch

    Subject: one of your sites is being comment spammed into my site

    Discussion Thread
    Response (Pom) 08/28/2006 05:25 PM

    Dear Mr. Robert Cox,

    Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We here at Piczo take abuse complaints very seriously. The IP address you reported is actually different from the owner of the site. However, this site is in violation of our Terms of Service and therefore we have cancelled it.

    Unfortunately, at this time our systems are unable to search sites by IP address. If you become aware of any other inappropriate site or the email address of a Piczo member who is abusing the use of our services, please notify us immediately and we will take action.

    Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

    Regards,

    Piczo Member Services
    Customer (Robert Cox) 08/27/2006 09:55 AM
    My site is http://www.olbermannwatch.com/

    Someone is repeatedly posting the following URL into my comment
    sections (hundreds of instances of this):
    [delete]

    Many of the comments contain phrases like "fuck my website bitch" and
    "I am invincible" etc.

    The comments are coming from the following IP Address: 204.112.163.122

    This is comment spam and may be a violation of your user agreement.
    It is certainly a violation of my comment posting policy. Can you
    please investigate this and advise as to whether the spammer is the
    owner of this site and whether you are able to take any steps to
    discourage this behavior?

    You might also want to refer the owner of the site to a psychiatrist
    as it appears this individual has some serious psychological issues.

    Robert Cox
    Editor
    Olbermann Watch


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (66) | | View blog reactions

    66 Comments

    Welcome back!

    It sure has been nice though to visit this site the past few days without all the spams from BUSHYWUSHY and the mile long garbage from all the anon's. Hope you can keep it this way.

    Bushywush was getting annoying.
    I'm glad we can go back to bashing Ayatollah Ulbermani!

    It is still so amazing that so many do not see what this site is all about. An MSNBC enabled nut that night after night bashes Bush and the entire Republican party on a supposedly reputable cable news channel.

    Just the fact that there is never an opposing view is surprising enough, but that his attacks are almost always personal. Maybe Fox attacks the left, but it is usually fact-based, and not just merely to hurt someone personally.

    There are so many reasons that Olby's show is a total joke. There is no other show like it that even comes close on the opposing side. Nor will there ever be.

    Bushywush was getting annoying.
    I'm glad we can go back to bashing Ayatollah Ulbermani!

    I agree........I'm glad there will be no spam.

    You people are all pathetic.

    A bunch of racist pricks with nothing better to do than pick on a show you insist no one cares about.

    Did you ever notice the map of the red and blue states goes something like this?:

    Red states: Inbred hillbillies that think they are the country's moral police. No culture, no intelligence, just evangelical bull$hit.

    Blue states: Places of higher learning and thought where most REAL moral change occurs. Having without a doubt the best schools, museums and hospitals.

    I wonder where most of you ass-backward idiots are from?

    "It sure has been nice though to visit this site the past few days without all the spams from BUSHYWUSHY and the mile long garbage from all the anon's. Hope you can keep it this way."

    Yes, let's please keep any viewpoint other than the childish "orange man" or whatever you people say out of the picture.

    Isn't that exactly why most of you people hate this show? No differing views?

    Hypocrites, every last one of you LOSERS.

    We all have plenty else to do. We probably spend less than 0.01% of our time on this site. And we are critical of Olby's show without the use of expletives, or other derisive remarks such as those you find necessary to express your views.

    Try for once truth teller to defend Olbys' antics in a logical and meaningful way. Maybe we are all hypocrites. That still would not preclude you from rising above, and providing a rational and coherent defense of your hero: Keith Olbermann.

    Jim

    Here's a good exercise for you: Truth Teller. Count up all the personal attacks against Bill O'Reilly by Keith, and all the magazine and newspaper editorials lambasting Bill O and Fox over the past 5 years. Then count up all the newspaper editorials, etc. personally attacking Keith and MSNBC, and the number of times Bill O has personally attacked Keith ( by name ). Then give us a report on liberal bias in the media.

    I hope you don't consider the spammers repeating the same line over and over in one post 600 times from some offshore site an alternative point of view.

    Truth teller: Just try being civilized for just one post that is over a few lines long. Betcha can't!!

    And the Emmy for lowest rated, orange hue, bottom feeder, goes to Krazy Keith!

    Truth Teller writes:

    "Blue states: Places of higher learning and thought where most REAL moral change occurs"

    Oh, are you talking about states like New York, Mr. Teller, the home of the last place and mentally ill, Mr. Olbermann? You know, Mr. Olbermann, who fires off Nazi salutes, the recognized symbol of hatred towards Jews, in public, then tries to laugh it off by saying that he was waving "yo-hoo" to a friend. Then when his little joke bombs, he disingenuously tries to peddle his bogus story that the Nazi salute was justified because O'Reilly "defended Nazis", a filthy lie that has been discredited elsewhere on this site. The ADL has admonished this agent of so-called "REAL moral change", but, in true Olbermann style, he steadfastly refuses to apologize for or even ackknowledge his act of despicable insensitivity. Yes, some representative of "REAL moral change" your hero Olbermann is. "Moral change" that seeks to justify persecution against religious minorities rather than repenting and asking forgiveness for such dastardly acts.

    Truth teller,
    It's the Red Staers that defend this country and prevent the Jihadis from overruning this country.
    If it was up the the Blue Stae Jihadi loving cowards We'd be an Islamic state and answering the call to prayer 5X a day!
    Hey Blue Staters are so pusst that Blue State NY is where the Jihadis struck knocked down the towers and you cowards beg for peace.
    The Blue Staes should just seceed from the Union and establih your little Jihadi paradise so we can Militarily crush you cowards!

    Truth teller,
    It's the Red Staers that defend this country and prevent the Jihadis from overruning this country.
    If it was up the the Blue Stae Jihadi loving cowards We'd be an Islamic state and answering the call to prayer 5X a day!
    Hey Blue Staters are so pusst that Blue State NY is where the Jihadis struck knocked down the towers and you cowards beg for peace.
    The Blue Staes should just seceed from the Union and establih your little Jihadi paradise so we can Militarily crush you cowards!

    Hank:

    A very well thought out, lucid dissertation regarding a myriad of opinions on the state of the cable news business today, in particular, Countdown. And, in addition, you were able to convey your thoughts without expletives, poor grammar, and, otherwise crude behavior. Thanks, and I hope this sets an example to all the future spammers, and offshore hacks.

    "Moral change" that seeks to justify persecution against religious minorities rather than repenting and asking forgiveness for such dastardly acts.

    You wanna talk about persecution? Let's talk about the Baptist church in Mississippi that threw a 12-year-old boy out of their congregation because he's biracial and the church didn't want his black relatives attending.

    Or the Jewish family in Delaware who was forced to move because the school district where they lived promoted Christianity so heavily that the two children were effectively isolated and ridiculed.

    Or the fact that the Federal Government will give you grant money for school if you are in any science program EXCEPT evolutionary biology.

    Try to put your house in order first.

    Your 3 anecdotal examples are surely representative of our world today. I am going to start on my house right now!!

    The left-leaners on this board simply can't take rational argument, so they resort to calling us "red-staters" and "hillbillies" and so-forth.

    "Or the fact that the Federal Government will give you grant money for school if you are in any science program EXCEPT evolutionary biology."

    Typical. Tell me sir, when did it become the standard measure of discrimination whether you can get a grant or not? First off, I really don't think our government needs to be handing out grants for things that are essentially antithetical to our own founding. Like it or not, the founders of this country were overwhelmingly Christian and evolutionary speculation really has nothing to do with these beliefs and is perhaps even against them, depending on who you ask.

    "Or the Jewish family in Delaware who was forced to move because the school district where they lived promoted Christianity so heavily that the two children were effectively isolated and ridiculed."

    And? I don't really get your point? You want the government to pass laws that says white children can't make fun of Jews? I'm not saying I'd do it, that was rude. But again, this nation is predominantly white and predominantly christian, and has been since the founding. What is your point?

    "You wanna talk about persecution? Let's talk about the Baptist church in Mississippi that threw a 12-year-old boy out of their congregation because he's biracial and the church didn't want his black relatives attending."

    Again, a church is a private organization and it can do what it wants. Lots of people believe the races should not mix, and they are entitled to that belief. Again, I think most of the founders would have said racial mixing was an evil.

    Can anybody tell me what it is to be a good American today? Here are some of the politically correct traits, as defined by our media, that constitutes a good American: acceptance of feminism, acceptance of abortion, acceptance of interracial mixing, hatred of Christianity, and acceptance of equality. Now given that, then Moslems would not make good Americans, but then too, neither are Christians or anybody of a religious faith that tends to restrict unrestrained hedonism. Only a Moslem can live in a Moslem society and nowhere else. The same for White Christians. Judaic control of a society is a society without God and a society without God tolerates no religions.

    Ever notice how so many Blue Staters who vote liberal decide to essentially vote with their feet and move to Red states? Hey Blue Staters - you made your socialist bed so sleep in it!

    "Judaic control of a society is a society without God"

    I think you mean "liberal"

    Just answer this for me: What is the one religion depicted in the liberal controlled media that shows it's teachers and followers as predators or buffoons? If you think this is a true representation of Christianity why would the liberal controlled media have this right and everything else about the whiteman wrong?

    The liberals control the media and present to us what they want us to believe. It's called brainwashing.
    Christianity is attacked at all levels in liberal programming, as is the whiteman.
    You do not need extensive studies in theology to recognize this attack on Christianity everytime you turn on the TV, radio, see a movie, or read a liberal media controlled publication. No other belief system is attacked in liberal controlled media.

    For this reason one can reasonably suspect that the liberals have some complaint against Christianity and that they desire the truth of it be suppressed (per usual).

    Since the attack on Christianity (and no other religion) by the liberals is so blatant why wouldn't non-believers support Christianity to overcome the liberals, rather than attack Christianity along with the liberals.

    So if everybody gets together and prays enough, the liberals will just disappear? Please, tell me how much the liberals fear a religion they created.

    Everything the liberal does is determined by self-interest. They are interested in only promoting themselves and making money and when something is no longer useful to them they cast it aside.

    Their own creation, the Church, is now a liability to them but while they eat at its root they will also fall with it. Thus goes the story of the liberals parasiting on and destroying what supports them. As they turn their backs on Christianity, the very thing which propped up the Jew and lent him legitimacy will cease to exist.

    exactly -- Christianity provides a philosophical reason for the liberals to be a protected class. Without Christianity the Liberal would not hold hypnotic power. they'd be nothing. And I don't need to be fed crap about "blood libel" and "passion of the christ" and junk. the whole "jesus was a liberal" thing has overpowered the minds of most christians, christian identity seems like such a stretch it isn't even funny, and even pre-vatican 2 christianity doesn't provide ENOUGH punch to beat the Liberal.

    Well, that is just what got Olberman's panties in such a bunch when BO was saying that it is not a Christian principal to admit illegal aliens into this country. Sure Jesus would give food to the thirsty and drink to the hungry, etc... but that does not mean if Al qaeda is hungry and thristy, they're getting the goods.

    What liberals like Olberman cannot understand is that you are doing injustice to others, to your own people, when you conduct this extreme kind of "charity." And it extends a lot further than that case.

    I think you're missing the point on the so called attacks on christianity by the so called liberal media and liberals themselves. I personally don't have problems with ones religious views. Catholic, Christiab, Muslim whatever......a littel side note- I firmly believe your religous beliefs are more or less determined by where you grew up and who you were raised by.....but anyway, I think most of the "attacks" towards christianity is not an attack at the religion itself, it's more the high profile representatives such as Jerry Fawell and Pat Robertson who make controversial statements, usually at the most inopportune times that draws the ire from most people who are of the nonchristian faith. Plus, most other religious groups do not try to muscle there views into politics like people of christian groups do, such as abortion, death penalty, border patrol, stem cell research, etc.........

    As for Orions comment that liberals only have self interests about making money.....this couldn't be farther from the truth.......and if you're going to make that statement provide some examples........because when I think of politicians with special interests I think of Tom Delay, Dick Cheney, George Bush, etc, etc........

    The idea after all is freedom of religion which I interpret as no religion shall make their views into law that is govered by the people, meaning this country is built on choice...we left the mother country hundred of years ago to get away from religous views becoming law.


    And as for the comment made by another anon.....where liberal can't argue with any rational........look at some of the other comments that have viscious attacks mostly aimed at me.......and before everyone gets upset...I din take part in a lot of it, but I hope we can have discussions like this and not raise and fire the missiles at each other.

    "I think you're missing the point on the so called attacks on christianity by the so called liberal media and liberals themselves. I personally don't have problems with ones religious views. Catholic, Christiab, Muslim whatever"

    That is exactly the point. You don't see any difference between Catholics, Christiabs, Muslims,...you also don't see any difference between natives and aliens, between working and welfare, between whites and blacks, between abstinence and abortion, homos and regular people, sex and rape, men and women...you don't see any differences AT ALL. That's the problem. You are the modern multicultural liberal. You are the Olbermen, which is just a cruel ironic twist of Nietsche's Uberman.

    Let me clear things up for you a bit. This country is predominantly Christian. It is predominantly straight. It is predominantly white. It is predominantly pro-life. It is predominantly peple who work...even if there are more and more leeches and immigrants every day.

    "Plus, most other religious groups do not try to muscle there views into politics like people of christian groups do, such as abortion, death penalty, border patrol, stem cell research, etc........."

    Really? Tell me why laws prohibiting abortion were overturned. Certainly not because a Christian group insisted on it.

    As far as I know, no large Christian group is trying to get the death penalty overturned. Nope, that would be liberal groups.

    Most of the debate on illegal immigration amnesty has come from the left, not the right.

    So, who is it that's trying to muscle their way into politics here? Are you suggesting that Christians' views are inappropriate in the public realm? If so, better burn that nasty Constitution! Moreover, you might think about going down to the ghetto and telling them that Martin Luther King, Jr. was full of shit.

    "you might think about going down to the ghetto and telling them that Martin Luther King, Jr. was full of shit."

    That is as dead on a statement as I've seen here. You'd be tossed in a giant stew pot with a watermelon on your head. According to the liberal media, every view is allowed in this hallowed state of tolerance EXCEPT for the interests of regular christian whites. If two interracial lesbians want to marry, we're supposed to clap our hands and say hooray and hand over some nice white babies for them to raise. If we say, O.K., in return we want separate schools where our children don't have to see that kind of filth and they can pray and celebrate their european heritage WOW! You won't believe the screetchy reaction.

    Regular Christian Whites will shut up when all you pathetic mongrel liberals do the same and keep your filth out of our lives.

    Dave, et al

    For what has got to be the tenth or twelfth time, THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION!

    "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion..." - Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli, Ratified in 1797 by unanimous consent.

    The founders were DEISTS - they believed in a higher power, but that higher power was NOT NECESSARILY THE CHRISTIAN FORM OF GOD. In fact, the word "God" never appears in the Constitution of the United States. The Constituion itself is a wholly secular document.

    The Declaration of Independence refers to a "Creator", but only in a very general sense and it is not a "legal" document in that it has no force of law (it was an expression of discontent with the policies of the British crown).

    Read the essays by Jefferson and Madison on the subject. Or Rev. Issac Backus' "An Appeal to the Public for Religious Liberty" from 1773.

    I've read your points and I think you(Orion & Matticus Fitch) are missing my point....

    First off orion- you say-
    That is exactly the point. You don't see any difference between Catholics, Christiabs, Muslims,...you also don't see any difference between natives and aliens, between working and welfare, between whites and blacks, between abstinence and abortion, homos and regular people, sex and rape, men and women...you don't see any differences AT ALL. That's the problem. You are the modern multicultural liberal. You are the Olbermen, which is just a cruel ironic twist of Nietsche's Uberman.

    This statement is ridiculous...yes I do know the difference between these things, claiming that conservatives, christians, and republicans, or should I say non-liberals are the only ones who understand the difference is an amazingingly ignorant statement. The fact is I, as well as other liberals, know the difference.

    Before I argue my point why don't you tell me what the differences are, I would like to see where your ideas come from.

    The next statement-
    Let me clear things up for you a bit. This country is predominantly Christian. It is predominantly straight. It is predominantly white. It is predominantly pro-life. It is predominantly peple who work...even if there are more and more leeches and immigrants every day.

    This is 100% correct except for two points. ! the nation is predominantly pro-life......this is untrue, look at polls across this country and they will tell you, even in the red states that people do not want the courts to overturn roe v wade. Finally your last statement is not worth commenting on before you define what a leech is?

    Matticus-
    as for your statments-

    Really? Tell me why laws prohibiting abortion were overturned. Certainly not because a Christian group insisted on it.
    Okay tell what group and who financially backed the process of having a law against late term abortions......

    As far as I know, no large Christian group is trying to get the death penalty overturned. Nope, that would be liberal groups.
    No,certainly good christian groups would never fight to overturn a ban on the death penalty that kills people in an inhumane way and relies on an unreliable sytem that has been proven to kill innocent people, that of course would be unchristian like?

    Most of the debate on illegal immigration amnesty has come from the left, not the right.
    Thank god for liberal...I would like to know why your against illegal immigration before I continue the arguement.

    Are you suggesting that Christians' views are inappropriate in the public realm? If so, better burn that nasty Constitution! Moreover, you might think about going down to the ghetto and telling them that Martin Luther King, Jr. was full of shit.
    No I would never burn the constitution, I try to live by it everyday, freedom of choice, freddom of speech, freedom of religion, right to bear arms.......I think liberels are the only ones who are trying to preserve this.......and as far as telling people in the ghetto MLK is full of shit....why would we do that...thank the LORD ALMIGHTY for him..........

    ..and back to orion-

    You'd be tossed in a giant stew pot with a watermelon on your head.......

    okay this is not very christian like is it...

    I believe some of the statements you make are filled with hate and are reason for concern..


    *********************************************************************************************************
    COUNTDOWN CONSPIRACY ALERT COUNTDOWN CONSPIRACY ALERT COUNTDOWN CONSPIRACY ALERT
    *********************************************************************************************************

    Dear Countdown fans,

    John Mark Karr was RELEASED today with no DNA match. Now, WHAT IS THE CONSPIRACY! We NEED TO KNOW! Did Cheney use Karr to cover up a Halliburton situation? Did Bush use Karr to cover up the anniversary of Katrina? Of course, the administration was using this story as a smoke screen for Iraq as well.

    Dear friends, we need the clarity of Countdown now more than ever. Please watch!

    Love and kisses

    The Olbermann Fan Club

    Hey Orion you idiot, Whites got Christianity from the Romans who were Latin and Greek. Christianity is a Judiac religion based on the belief that Jesus(Yeshua) was the Jewish Messiah. It spraed because it wasn't a belief system just for Jews, but for Gentiles also. It was a religion that united Jews and Gentiles. Jesus was a jew from the Middle East. If you want to celebrate a White Heritagen religion, Worship Odin you ignorant scum!

    BUSHYWUSHY,
    Screw you too. You're a Jihadis supporting Leftists. Islam is the only religion that the left tolerates and many Christians and Real Jews are getting tired of your Jihadis loving ilk!

    Mr. Cox,

    Welcome back. I believe you have some work to do re: Brian Stelter of TVNewser. There's a new article slobbering all over him today at http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?dist=newsfinder&siteid=google&guid=%7B54FB200D-2164-4678-AAA1-C1F1E38721E9%7D&keyword=

    And he's been up to his usual tricks, promoting MSNBC to death and towing the company line. Olbermann had two of his all-time worst ratings nights (including a fifth-place finish in Stelter's coveted demo) and he ignored it, and in fact intentionally omitted CNBC ratings that day until an uproar over at ICN forced his hand.

    Then, as usual, he edited the post and took out his prior B.S. explanation that he "didn't receive the CNBC numbers." That was a curious explanation since he had CNBC's total day numbers posted all day, but omitted the hourlies since it was so embarrassing to Olbermann.

    Go get 'em! :-)

    I need screen grabs for that - do you have them?

    I wish I did.

    This is the post I'm talking about: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_tuesday_august_22_42604.asp#

    At first, it had no CNBC numbers except total day. Then, he added an update somewhere around 11:00 a.m. saying he didn't have the numbers. Then, he took off the update and posted the numbers without explanation some time late in the afternoon.

    This ICN thread alerted me to another case of TVNewser hiding bad news for MSNBC until he got called out on it. It even has comments from Stelter himself. Notice how the ICN guy immediately comes to his defense and makes new rules for the site.

    http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2006/08/21/petition-started-to-keep-msnbc-on-xm/

    I update this post - the hosting company for that site has removed that site for violating their user agreement.

    That is funny! I guess that guy wasn't as "invincible" as he thought!

    "You people are all pathetic.

    A bunch of racist pricks with nothing better to do than pick on a show you insist no one cares about.

    Did you ever notice the map of the red and blue states goes something like this?:

    Red states: Inbred hillbillies that think they are the country's moral police. No culture, no intelligence, just evangelical bull$hit.

    Blue states: Places of higher learning and thought where most REAL moral change occurs. Having without a doubt the best schools, museums and hospitals.

    I wonder where most of you ass-backward idiots are from?

    Posted by: Truth teller at August 27, 2006 07:52 PM"

    Racist like Robert "KKK" Byrd or like Jesse "Hymie Town" Jackson? You enlightened type also have most of the rapists,drug dealer/gangs,killers,welfare recipients, abortions, schools no one wants to teach in, schools no one wants to attend living in your areas. Moral courage like abortion? And could you give even 1 example of some redstater trying to be the "moral police". Should be easy big mouth. Places of higher learning have become a joke, pretty much like your narrow minded, stereotypical, intolerant rant. Ward Churchill sit down!

    Are You that punk A** gothic retard
    talkin through your butt again

    You people need to get jobs. Seriously, get a job and stop worrying about "liberals."

    "No I would never burn the constitution, I try to live by it everyday, freedom of choice, freddom of speech, freedom of religion, right to bear arms.......I think liberels are the only ones who are trying to preserve this.......and as far as telling people in the ghetto MLK is full of shit....why would we do that...thank the LORD ALMIGHTY for him.........."

    So you just have a problem with Christians with whom you disagree. Pretty tolerant of you! Your truth is clear: the marketplace of ideas is for everyone except for conservative Christians. If a Christian movement gathers steam within our political system, it's a danger. Unless it's MLK. Or the Unitarians.

    Oh, and please don't tell me that the liberals are leading the charge to protect an American's right to bear arms.

    "...I would like to know why your against illegal immigration before I continue the arguement."

    Ummm. Because it's illegal.

    "Your truth is clear: the marketplace of ideas is for everyone except for conservative Christians. "

    I think you are to charitable to the liberals. There is no place for christianity, true. There is also no place for racial pride for regualr whites. We are guilty by birth, and are supposed to spend all our time apologizing for our higher position. As for the idea that this nation was founded as a "deist" country, that too is ridiculous the way you interpret it. The founders were CHRISTIAN, except perhaps for Thomas Jefferson, fountainhead of the long line of mullatto Jeffersons and basic degenerate. The language may have been "inclusive," but that is only because they never could have conceived that this would ever become an issue. I'm not saying they did not intend tolerance for other religions, but the idea that Christians can not pray in schools is not what they had in mind.

    Rights in this country are for everyone EXCEPT whites and Christians. MLK proves the point that if you are black and Christian, then you can bring that to politics, but if whites do it, look out.

    As for the idea that this nation was founded as a "deist" country, that too is ridiculous the way you interpret it

    I didn't say that it was. I said that the nation's founding document (The Constitution) is a SECULAR document, which does not recognize any one religion as the dominant religion.

    Washington, jefferson, Franklin and Paine were all deist.

    As was James madison

    As was James madison

    John Adams: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

    Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."

    Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from our Founding Fathers.

    "But if whites do it, look out."

    Unless, of course, you're gay. Then it's okay to inject religion into politics.

    I have to part ways with you on the 'mulatto' comments you make. However, I would be hypocritical to chastise you for your beliefs. My belief is that we're all God's children, regardless of color, and he loves us equally. I do, however, agree that 'majority guilt' is something that has gone on for far too long. If we happen to disagree with a liberal, we're fascists. If we happen to disagree with a black liberal, we're racists. If we happen to disagree with a homosexual liberal, we're homophobes. If we happen to disagree with abortion, we're anti-woman.


    From the treaty of Tripoli

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    disagree with a liberal, we're fascists. If we happen to disagree with a black liberal, we're racists. If we happen to disagree with a homosexual liberal, we're homophobes.


    If a liberal disagrees on the millitary he is pro-terroist, if he wants some govermnet intervention on anyhting he is a communist. This goes both ways. the problem of course is basically grouping the entire spectrum of conservative and liberla thought in two and only two categories.

    Right, anon. I agree with you. I can't stand it when conservatives (and liberals) resort to such tactics. Look, conservatives like me have our ideas. Liberals have their ideas. The problem arises when one movement's ideas are the majority. Because, like it or not, majority rules; that's democracy. That's why we have a majority in the House, Senate, and the Presidency. Luckily, our nation has allowed for the free exchange of ideas via free speech.


    Let's see if TVNewser says anything about Olbermann finishing 4th in total viewers and this "demo" Stelter is always talking about. He made a big deal out of it when Olbermann finished second in the select demo, and it's virtually guaranteed that the kid will be silent this time around.

    There is nothing to be gained from reading this sycophantic drivel. The most pathetic element of this entire site is in it's shear stupidity.

    There is no discussion with discourse or debate. There is nothing factual being stated. There is no argumentative viewpoint supported by facts. All prose contained herein on this site and in this blog is petty name calling. Pathetic.

    I would hate to think that any of you believe yourselves to be Christians or upstanding representatives of the Christian community. Jesus, were he not emphatically dead, would have nothing to do with you, your non-causes, or your tactics. All you do is call people names. Your only impetus is immature and empty.

    You are pathetically consumed by hatred. You dislike something, so you have nothing better to do with your time than to obsess over it and make pithy comments about it? How stupid. How irresponsible. How lazy.

    Try doing Jesus a favor, can you handle that? Go do something productive and humanitarian with your time. Try some altruism.

    Sarah- I agree 100%

    MUSHYWUSHY, go heed her advice, then.

    BTW, so much of her post described Olby so perfectly, it is, well, in her words: Pathetic.

    "The most pathetic element of this entire site is in it's shear stupidity."

    "Shear" stupidity? Hahahahaha!

    "the nation's founding document (The Constitution) is a SECULAR document, which does not recognize any one religion as the dominant religion"

    I might agree that The Constitution is a "secular" document if I were clear on what you mean by "secular" document. I might dispute the premise of your point - that the nation's founding document is The Constitution - because it leaves out the Declaration of Independence which articulates the premise on which the founders felt it was necessary to "dissolve the political bands" with England. I believe you can only understand the latter in the context of the former -- the rights described in the Bill of Rights do not exist BECAUSE of the Constitution but are designed to protect rights that are truths that are self-evident; that men are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights".

    It is true that the Constitution as approved by the Constitutional Convention was basically a set of by-laws under which the various mechanisms of government were described. Yet the Constitution that was ultimately ratified by the states included the Bill of Rights. While you might be able to argue that the original draft was "secular" what was eventually ratified would not fit that description because the "Rights" enumerated are based on a conception of human rights described in the Declaration. Regardless, that the Constitution (including the Bill of Rights) as ratified by the states does not recognize any particular religion does not mean it is devoid of religious content or, somehow, is atheist or endorses atheism or agnosticism.

    In fact, the supposed "deism" of the founding fathers actually UNDERMINES the argument of whoever is tossing that out to support whatever argument it is people are attempting to make here. The reason? That a handful of founding fathers were "deist" suggests that the rest were not. If the religious beliefs of the founding fathers somehow informs the debate then the preponderance of denominational Christians involved in the creation of the United States of America suggests that the deists were a significant minority and that most of the "framers" were, in fact, religious/Christians.

    It is also worth noting that Jefferson was in France during the entire "framing" period and had no direct input into the crafting of either the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. The nature of his religious beliefs are irrelevant here with regard to the Constitution. That he commented, after the fact, in a letter (a letter oft-cited by "judicial activists") is besides the point.

    All this aside, I wonder if folks here realize how absurd it is to debate whether the laws of the land today precisely reflect the views of the founding fathers. Many of the founding fathers could not stand each other and violently disagreed with each other on most aspects of the document they eventually ratified. The final product was the result of argument, negotiation, factionalism and compromise. In the months after the Constitution was passed at the Constitutional Convention, the state legislatures weighed in and the debate became even uglier and prolonged with many states initially refusing to ratify the Constitution. It is worth noting that what many feel are the most precious rights protected by the Constitution - freedom of speech, assembly, religion, etc - are not contained in the Constitution proper but were added later in the Bill of Rights.

    That the most oft-cited parts of the Constitution were not actually part of the original draft submitted to the states for ratification ought to say something about the flexible nature of the original document. This, in turn, ought to suggest that a discussion about framers original intent is a red herring and begs the question "which framers?" on "which issue?"

    That said, it is to fail to read the actual document to claim that the Constitution as ratified (i.e., with the Bill of Rights attached) is "secular" if by that one means "atheist" or devoid of theological precepts.