Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 1, 2006
    COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN - SEPTEMBER 1, 2006

    "COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN" (8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    Topics/Guests:

    • SEC. RUMSFELD RESPONDS: Chris Cillizza, washingtonpost.com
    • THE CIA LEAK CASE: Melanie Sloan, Joe Wilson's attorney

    Friday night's OlbySpin, distilled to its essence--short and to the point, like a telegram:

    Rumsfeld speaks "repression" and "anti-Americanism". Rumsfeld blames the media. Rumsfeld repeats himself. Olby repeats himself. The Washington Post betrays Joe Wilson. PlameGate conspiracy doubters are illogical. Keith has a "new" book. Blue blogs are good because they promoted it. Saying Clinton didn't get UBL is bad. Olby can review movies he hasn't seen. "Great thanks" count: 4.

    But it was after the show ended that things really got interesting.

    The scene: a bathroom, in a palatial apartment somewhere in New York; sounds of water splashing, as a telephone rings...

    Hello?... Yes, this is Keith... No I don't take calls unless I get a written request beforehand, notarized by... Oh, it's Dan?... I guess you can put him on.

    Hi, Dan! How are... I'm sorry. Mister Abrams. How are you doing?... I'm just relaxing after an exhausting three-day week.... No, I am not in the bathtub again. You're hearing, um, the goldfish tank....

    This week's shows? Did you see all the blogs that wrote me up? I gotta tell you, this was my best technorati week ever, Dan.... Right. Mister Abrams. Anyhow, the links are going through the roof, and did you see my Amazon ranking? It's... Well, yeah, I know you don't run Amazon.... Look, fourth place is irrelevant. Ratings don't mean anything.... They do to you? But I really got Rumsfeld. Kos has been all over it. And I got him again tonight. This is better than the O'Reilly feud! The bloggers are gonna love it. They... You have a few thoughts? Listen, I answer to nobody, Dan, ImeanMisterAbrams, and... But.... But.... Um, can you hold for just a second? I've got a call coming in on the other line. It's one of my confidential informants. This could be the big break in an exclusive I'm working on. I'll be right back. [click]

    Hello?... Hi there.... Yes, we're still on for tonight.... No, that wouldn't be a good idea. How about I just come up to your hotel room?.... Yeah, I'll bring a little something with me.... No, I mean in addition to that other little something.... Right. I have to take this other call, one of my informants..... OK. See you then. [click]

    Hello, Dan? Mister Abrams?.... Yeah, I'm back. If this guy comes through it will be a special comment like you have never seen.... Well sure, that was one of my greatest commentaries.... Yes, I cited all those editorials, the LA Times and the rest, to show all the outrage at Rumsfeld's fascist remarks. The editorials showed how all these papers are jumping on my bandwagon, and they... The Washington Post editorial? Well sure, I took them on tonight, Dan. You... Right. Mister Abrams. I... No, no, no. I don't care how many times I've gushed over Post editorials before. This editorial was different from all those others. It was aimed directly at me. They tried to say I was wrong, but it was those spineless amoebas at the Post who are wrong. And when wrong news breaks, I fix it.... I'm sorry, but they don't have a monopoly on the facts. I do, and.... Wait, I think that's my informant on the other line. Hold for just a second. [click]

    Hello?... Why are you calling me?... No, I don't want the glasses back, or the wine. You got a tie, didn't you?... Look, never contact me again. And let me tell you what you can do to your mother... Hello? Hello?... Heh heh. [click]

    Hi, it's me, Dan.... Yes, yes, Mister Abrams. This source is going to blow the lid off that Ohio ballot business.... Yes, that again. You'll see... The Media Matters segment on Thursday? What about it?... Yeah, I got Coulter and her Adam's Apple good. Can you believe she joked about shooting Lincoln Chafee?... Um, what movie is that?... Oh, the one where they assassinate Mister Bush? It's a great statement of dissent, a tribute to free speech, and... Well no, why would I make the producers worst persons?... That's different. You can't see the distinction? It's Ann Coulter, for crying out loud.... No, Coulter isn't free speech like that movie is. It's.... Dan, if you don't understand... All right, all right. Mister. Freaking. Abrams.... OK, I'll calm down.

    Look, I've got an important meeting with my source and I've got to get going.... What do you mean by that crack?... No, I don't buy wine glasses in bulk.... We can talk about this next week; leave a written request in my mailbox.... Yes, yes, I know, fourth place, fourth place. Thanks for the call, Dan.... MISTER Abrams. Good night and good luck. [click]

    Sheesh. "Mister" Abrams. Mister, Mister, Mister. Who does he think he is anyhow? Bush?

    UPDATE: Newsbusters compares KO's "coverage" to Scarborough Country.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (120) | | View blog reactions

    120 Comments

    Keith bragged today on The Dan Patrick Show how in the days after his Rumsfeld rant, his advance book sales on Amazon jumped from deep in the thousands to No. 19.

    Gee, maybe that's why he went off.

    Melanie Sloan, Joe Wilson's attorney

    Wilson's attorney? No one else?

    A classic example of Olbermann's tendentious coverage of events.

    Although every show has classic examples of his partisanship. Hard to single one out.

    SMG


    we should all be so ashamed that a man is willing to talk about subjects that are usually ignored by other tv journalists

    Didn't get enough of KO's Rummy Rant. I am watching Hardball right now (the end of the show) at they just aired a large swath of it and asked Terry Jeffries and Ron Reagan, Jr. to respond. Nice synergy as a lead in to Countdown!

    Reagan managed to connect the Rummy speech and Olbermann rant with a claim that Fox's ratings are "plummeting" because people are tired of the Bush cheerleading on FNC.

    Ack! KO going to the well again with a revised version of the "special comment" and news that MSNBC will air the "special comment" throughout the weekend. Wheeeeeee!

    "They [the White House] said that his 2002 trip to Niger was a boondoggle arranged by his wife, but CIA officials say that is incorrect. One reason for the confusion about Plame's role is that she had arranged a trip for him to Niger three years earlier on an unrelated matter, CIA officials told The Washington Post.” - Washington Post July 27th, 2005

    [William] Harlow, the former CIA spokesman, said in an interview yesterday that he testified last year before a grand jury about conversations he had with Novak at least three days before the column was published. He said he warned Novak, in the strongest terms he was permitted to use without revealing classified information, that Wilson's wife had not authorized the mission and that if he did write about it, her name should not be revealed. - Washington Post July 27th, 2005 (emphasis mine)

    KO and Wilson's lawyer is doing my work for me...

    The WaPo editorial is in conflict with past stories in the WaPo. They are going to to need to explain why they are not correcting the old stories or putting out today's editorial. They don't square.

    The part that KO is having trouble with is that the CURRENT position of the paper is that the previous stories were WRONG not the other way around.

    When do you think the WaPo will go back and correct all those previous stories?

    Likewise the New York Times when they put out their "Wilson Lied" piece.

    Ahh, the other Olby-ternative. Rather than his usual tactic of ignoring the story harmful to his heroic frequent guest, invite his lawyer on to rehab his case and discount the WaPo editorial (can't wait for Mr. Wilson to be on on Monday to rehab again after the NYT editorial).

    Then a "briefer version of his 'special comment' (the arrogance of titling his editorial remarks, I suppose to separate them from his usual editorial remarks). What's next, BillO WPITW? A trifecta for KO's pandering to the radical, hate-filled left?

    Truly pathetic.

    Again babbling about some receipt for Dry Cleaning.

    Keith should see that MSNBC fire all there “impartial� political analysts.
    Three years of anonymous unnamed unidentified high ranking shitty sources have been WRONG!!!!!

    If you re-air a repackaged "special comment" and no one watches, is it still special?

    I think Olby is trying to cut a deal with K-Tel, all the "special comments" and editorials availble on a two album set. Maybe a signed "Olbermann through the years" poster if you are among the first 100 buyers? You'd have to play it backwards for it to make any sense, the normal way just sounds like a bunch of gobblygook.

    or it will emit a special tone that only the Keith Krazies can understand and "translate".

    He is re-airing a lot of things lately... I think he has re-aired the conspiracy about terror alerts and the White House politics what? about 4 or 5 times?... by popular demand? Let's face it, Olby is lazy and each one of these "special" reports will be continuously aired over the next couple of months - by popular demand.

    Sorry to restate your comments zzzDad, you beat e to the punch...

    One thing that stands out about Countdown and Keith Olbermann: he's extraordinarily lazy, and it affects the quality of his show.

    Once again tonight we saw Keith playing his greatest hits. Rather than come up with something original, he simply repeats his comments from a couple of days ago. He's done this time and time again.

    Rather do his homework and find a new guest, he invites the same guys over and over again. Rather than take on the challenge of having someone who might disagree with him, he invites only people he feels safe with. The new book that he bragged about tonight is merely a collection of his old monologues.

    Say what you will about O'Reilly. One reason his show does so much better is because it IS better. He works that much harder to make it that way.

    I didn't see the show tonight, did he give a wpitw to that Hacket guy for calling Dan Senor an unterfuhrer on Fox last night? Senor is the son of a holocaust survivor, so surely Olby wpitwed Hacket - right? RIGHT? Please tell me I'm right.

    Re-airing stuff over and over again is just lazy!

    did he give a wpitw to that Hacket guy for calling Dan Senor an unterfuhrer on Fox last night?

    Of course not. By the way you can hear Hackett trying to defend his Nazi comments here. There's also a link to video of the original Hackett/Senor confrontation.

    The prince turned into a toad...lol.

    LIAR & LIAR

    OK I finally figured out that this Olbernuttjob is not a real guy. He is a computer generated re-incarnation of Max Headroom on quaaludes. His histrionic rants , his metrosexual pink tie, his toilet bobbing tan, his obvious adoration for Musto it all makes sense now. I mean nobody could be this stupid while trying to sound smart. No wonder MSNBC's ratings are in the crapper.
    I know he thinks that he is channeling Ed Murrow and is being a hero to communists everywhere ( he probably is) but going from self righteous rants about Rumsfeld to tubing with love dolls and Japanese ball breakers is sometimes just too much. How the hell does anybody believe this guy?? It is not bad enough that he recycles two day old FARK articles after trying to extol the virtues of bashing Bush and then defends Joe Wilson after the facts are out, then go on to hand standing cats and poop cookies( his favorite I am sure- helps his tan AND his hair) then back to the usual playground bully busting on O'Reilly. I mean take a break dude! Are youa comedy show or a news show? Do we believe you or just laugh at you... well I know I laugh AT you not with you.
    Hey Olby-nut you just make be the perfect moron, I mean you could possibly be put in the dictionary, man. You got it all. Delusion with ranting, stories with no credibilty, news with no guests that might disagre with you, all this and Musto too! I just await eagerly the episode of your shit-com when you head explodes on national TV. That will make my day for sure.

    OK I finally figured out that this Olbernuttjob is not a real guy. He is a computer generated re-incarnation of Max Headroom on quaaludes. His histrionic rants , his metrosexual pink tie, his toilet bobbing tan, his obvious adoration for Musto it all makes sense now. I mean nobody could be this stupid while trying to sound smart. No wonder MSNBC's ratings are in the crapper.
    I know he thinks that he is channeling Ed Murrow and is being a hero to communists everywhere ( he probably is) but going from self righteous rants about Rumsfeld to tubing with love dolls and Japanese ball breakers is sometimes just too much. How the hell does anybody believe this guy?? It is not bad enough that he recycles two day old FARK articles after trying to extol the virtues of bashing Bush and then defends Joe Wilson after the facts are out, then go on to hand standing cats and poop cookies( his favorite I am sure- helps his tan AND his hair) then back to the usual playground bully busting on O'Reilly. I mean take a break dude! Are youa comedy show or a news show? Do we believe you or just laugh at you... well I know I laugh AT you not with you.
    Hey Olby-nut you just make be the perfect moron, I mean you could possibly be put in the dictionary, man. You got it all. Delusion with ranting, stories with no credibilty, news with no guests that might disagre with you, all this and Musto too! I just await eagerly the episode of your shit-com when you head explodes on national TV. That will make my day for sure.

    Why do you hate Olbermann more than Bill O'Reilly? I want to inform you that your whole take on the Plame thing seems uninformed. Do you think Libby is know off the hook? Novak was just one reporter Cheney had given state secrets to. With the internet it is so easy to be well informed, so please try.

    oops, now not know,

    Novak was just one reporter Cheney had given state secrets to

    Good grief. Where the heck did you read this?

    Novak got his information from Richard Armitage who was in the State Department. Cheney had no role in Armitage's discussion with Novak.

    SMG

    So Cheney is giving State secrets to reporters now? LOL, if this were true, wouldn't MSNBC have more interesting things to cover besides Suri Cruise? Come on, when Countdown resorts to covering Fox News Channel, you know there's a serious drain of intellectual stimulation in Secaucus.

    I'll take a stab at your question, though. Why do I hate Olbermann more than Bill O'Reilly? Let me count the ways (backwards, of course):

    #5: O'Reilly's show is well-rounded. Olbermann has Cruise news and fart fluff.

    #4: O'Reilly has a wide variety of guests on his show, such as Al Sharpton. Olbermann has Michael Musto.

    #3: O'Reilly fact-checks. Olbermann....we'll there's an archive here full of proof to the contrary.

    #2: O'Reilly doesn't sing, dance, and generally make an ass out of himself on camera. Olbermann...well, you know.

    and

    #1: O'Reilly states his opinion as just that, opinion. Olbermann states his opinion as the one and only truth, and if you dare disagree with him, damn you, you're a dissenter.

    Heck, I'll even throw in one more. O'Reilly takes criticism like a man. Olbermann bellyaches to anyone who'll listen. Good Lord, he can dish it but he certainly can't take it.

    I don't worship at the altar of O'reilly. I disagree with him strongly on some things. I disagree with Olbernut-job on everything. I will say this in O'reilly's defense - at least he has on REAL guests that might disagree with him and he his not as pompous an ass about his opinions (which are noted as such on his show). I don't like the fact that olbernuttjob bully's O'reilly and seems to want to pick a fight with him.
    when I was a little kid my parents told me to ignore bullies until they get right in your face- than you kick their ass. I sincerely hope someday O'reilly ( or anybody for that matter) meets the big retarded Olbernuttjob in bar and wipes that liberal smirk off his stupid face.

    Agreed, Olbermann does over so it with O'reilly. These two seem to hate each other. Now for Cheney, do you all recall hearing about Cheney''s right hand man? Scooter Libby. He told Judith Miller about Plame, the Rep. had more than just the Novak thing going. Its common knowledge that Cheney was mad that he was being contradicted by Wilson. Bye the way, good job! Not one mean poster back to me!!

    Agreed, Olbermann does over so it with O'reilly. These two seem to hate each other. Now for Cheney, do you all recall hearing about Cheney''s right hand man? Scooter Libby. He told Judith Miller about Plame, the Rep. had more than just the Novak thing going. Its common knowledge that Cheney was mad that he was being contradicted by Wilson. Bye the way, good job! Not one mean poster back to me!!

    Scooter Libby. He told Judith Miller about Plame,

    But Libby did not learn about Plame from Cheney.

    Libby learned about Plame from a report done on the Wilson trip to Niger. After Wilson wrote his op-ed, the White House asked for information on Wilson's trip since they knew nothing about it. This is where Libby learned about Plame (among other things).

    There is no evidence - none - that Cheney either told Libby about Plame or that Cheney told Libby to leak to the press about Plame.

    SMG

    Is Olbernutt's new book " the worst person in the world" an autobiography??

    SMG
    I guess what I'm try to say is that some of the republican bloggers are acting like, "see, the whole liberal attack was stupid because it was only a friend of moderate Colon Powell's Armatige who was the leaker, and he did it because he is just a big "Gossip." That there is no evidence yet between Cheney and Libby may or may not ever be known but that one could hardly blame one for being suspicious.

    Its interesting that keith would mention Dennis the Menace and Mr. Wilson. I was wondering if George Soros puts up the money for a biopic of poor Mr. Wilson, would it be possible for Krazy Keith to play Dennis?

    SMG
    I guess what I'm try to say is that some of the republican bloggers are acting like, "see, the whole liberal attack was stupid because it was only a friend of moderate Colon Powell's Armatige who was the leaker, and he did it because he is just a big "Gossip." That there is no evidence yet between Cheney and Libby may or may not ever be known but that one could hardly blame one for being suspicious.

    Sorry about the double postings. I have an older computer and I thought I had to double press the post. Won't do it again.

    Sorry also about the O'Rielly vrs, Olbermann beginning post, not that I like O'rielly, but to see if this site wanted any honest dissenting opinions. Like I said, if you don't want to debate, I'll go away.

    @ kai bird:

    No reason to be mean. It's just a discussion of preference and believability in the shows we choose to watch.

    To echo riverdog, I also have some disagreements with O'Reilly. Honestly, off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is how self-important he tends to act. I know there's more, but this isn't the O'Reilly Watch.

    Here's an example of an issue I have with Olbermann -- let's use the recent terror plot to blow up airplanes destined for the US. Gee, that sounds pretty scary, so I check out cable news and websites. The first I go to is Fox, no big surprise there, because I like their coverage better. Then I flip to CNN, HNL, and MSNBC (not necessarily in that order). I also make a point to check out news websites, such as MSNBC and Fox (no, I don't go to CNN. No particular reason, I just don't). Personally, I like MSNBC's site better than the Fox site, easier reading, I suppose. All sources of information coming to me call the story what it is: a terror plot. But when Olbermann comes on, what do we get? Lots of lip service about it being "purported." Oh, let's drag out "The Nexus of Politics and Terror" again. If it's on Bush's watch, then it must be fake.

    In other words, he goes against his OWN news agency's reporting in order to follow a partisan agenda, or worse, an Olbermann agenda.

    From my perspective, it seems that Olbermann's agenda transcends any political allegiance. Instead it seems that everything is based on a deep, deep hate of all things that aren't ruled by what he wants. Sure, lots of people want something different than what is currently offered -- this is true in all facets of life. But Olbermann has this nasty grudge agaist everything except that which comes from him or a select group of which he approves. There's no middle of the road, there's no good will, there's just 100% hate and ridicule. It reminds me of an old man who thinks nothing is as good as what he's done, what he has, what he thinks. Eternally bitter, he is.

    Do you recall all of his snide remarks about Ann Coulter's "Adam's Apple"? Or the "C" word he supposedly used towards her in an e-mail? Yet he had no problem naming Neal Boortz "Worst Person In The World" for rude comments he made about Cynthia McKinney. Let's see, rude comments about a woman's physical appearance (let's not forget the repeated use of a picture showing Ann in an eye patch), her sexuality (oh, the comments about her being a man play well, huh?), and vulgar references to her genitals, okay. Boortz insulted the former representative's hairstyle. Tell me how Olbermann's better than Boortz? Why should one man giggle with glee over ripping the appearance of a woman, yet be allowed to comdemn another man for relatively the same thing?

    Let me ask you, kai bird, why you like Olbermann and Countdown? Is it the political slant? The personality? The format?

    CBK

    I have lately, to tell you the truth, gotten tired of Olbermann, and I will watch him now with what you said in mind. He says he hates O'rielly because of his supporting nazis, two times in the last year. His comments about Coulter I didn't know about and do sound crude, but the lady goes around saying pretty outrageous stuff.like fragging Murtha, and, how the Vietnam vet deserved to loose his arms and legs. And speaking of vulgar, are you forgetting the whole luffa and falafel O'rielly episode? I will take Olbermann over O'Rielly. It was a pleasure to debate with you but its time for me to end for the day and it looks even later for you. I'm not running off though, I'll check back at another time to reply to any thing you say.

    Yes, it's late (or early). But this debate has been fun. I'll post more tomorrow. I could get used to this no-name calling bit! ;-)

    So the best you can do is come up with a made up story of what you imagined might have happened after his show? That's it? Good job of sticking it to him.

    Perhaps the same should be done to O'Reilly. Oh wait, that's not necessary... he's already got loofahs and falafels. And no one could have had the imagination to dream up something so stupid.

    O'Reilly fact checks? Are you joking? His factual inaccuracies on segments have been well documented. Nevermind the fact that he says he won a "Peabody" when he didn't. Way to fact check there Bill.

    King Bill is the man

    LiL Keithy is a boy

    I used to actually enjoy KO when he did sports commentary. The guy can be funny.

    It's tough now for me to watch a person literally sink to the bottom in terms of professional achievement. He is agenda driven, but without any factual message. His show has become little more than Wayne & Garth do politics. Opinion without substance is meaningless. Humor without a grain of truth is merely boring.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cable News/political commentary is a BUSINESS. Keith may never recover from this business disaster. Nobody mentions it, but Hardball is barely ahead of Countdown in the ratings.

    Will Abrams recognize what others in his position have previously ignored ... that his business model is failing and failing so badly it may not be salvageable?

    Well, Rob-bob, you still can't execute a parenthetical citation, and half of your quotes are still incorrect.

    I'm almost amazed that you managed to tone down your own incessant name calling, but not really.

    The piece was still garbage editorialism, and uninspired. SNL skits from the nineties had more punch.

    You would probably seem less like someone sitting in front of a computer in their underwear in their parent's basement if you stopped using made-up words. The Olby-this and Olby-that tripe really diminishes any scant amount of credibility you might have ever been hoping to possess.

    Bad fiction, bad prose, poor lit grammer. I actually feel a little disappointed that this doesn't disappoint more on a larger scale. This is just ho-hum, middle of the road, mediocrity.

    Sarah you use many words to say nothing just like that Krazy Orange dude.

    this should piss off all you "republican" fascists with nothing better to do for a life than to bitch about somebody that has no really power over the course of this country - KO's speech is one of the top videos on youtube. The virus is spreading, you guys better stop it before more dilusional sympathizers are converted to KO's side.

    O'reily,

    There's nothing that could be better for Olbermann critics than for him to become the poster boy of the left.

    THAT effectively outs him as being what he is-- a leftwing pundit and eventually MSNBC would have to bill him that way.

    Eventually too, it would become increasingly harder for MSNBC to justify a one-sided leftist polemic of a show and he'd be pressured to allow rebuttals.

    Say it loud, say it proud, leftists...Olbermann is the left's own news host...buy his book and fill the blueblogs with his praise.

    Let him be outted as the partisan polemist that he is. We'll have been proved correct and Olbermann will be pigeonholed.

    After all he gets his stories from the leftwing whack-job sites.
    His attacks on King Bill are laughable. Notice all Krazy Keith's attacks go unnoticed by every other news outlet.
    Just look what Liar Wilson has done to the liberal cause yet The Orange Hue dude will never say he was wrong.
    Krazy Keith is the laughingstock of cable news.

    Sarah,

    Congratulations for graduating from college, but I'm sure most of us here have degrees as well.

    I've just glanced at a few of your posts, and while I know you adore Keith, the thing that jumps out is your constant parsing of each poster's writing skills. So much so, in fact, that I really don't focus on the content of your posts!

    Sorry, Sarah, but many of us have degrees in subjects other than English, and we probably don't word things as well as we could. But neither does the MSM, and they get paid for their writing ability!

    If you want to discuss Keith and our problems with him, fine. But if you want be condescending to a bunch bunch of people who are not always gramatically correct, START WITH THE MSM!!!!!

    See what I mean? In my flustered state, I typed "bunch" twice!

    Kai:
    "That there is no evidence yet between Cheney and Libby may or may not ever be known but that one could hardly blame one for being suspicious."

    Well, there's a world of difference between being "suspicious" and explicitly claiming that Cheney approved the leaking of state secrets.

    Right?

    Anyway, Fitzgerald has spent over three years investigating this and the only charges handed down have been against Libby for perjury and obstruction of justice.

    Serious charges, admittedly; but not indicative of any larger conspiracy to out Valerie Plame.

    SMG

    LIAR & LIAR= Book deal

    Well, Rob-bob, you still can't execute a parenthetical citation, and half of your quotes are still incorrect.

    Sarah -- What in the world are you talking about?

    SMG
    Your facts look correct to me, but my contention still is that there is a smoke screen going on to confuse the main issue, and that is that someone high in the white house for nefarious reasons had it out for Wilson. I heard Rush yesterday lie about the NYT as the group who started the whole trouble but it was in fact the CIA who brought up the charges. What I'm worried about is the Bush Admin. is now getting us up for another war.

    CIA taking heat for shitty intel
    CIA employee and non republican Plame's husband goes to Niger.
    WARNING WARNING...CONFLICT of interest!!!!!!

    LIAR LIAR liberal pants on fire!!!

    The only people still onboard for the nefarious conspiracy theory are those that can't seem to follow an argument.

    The reason for the law suit was the lying liars trying to shop a book deal around town.

    I doubt many of you lib cranks can even bring yourselves to read the WaPo editorial. It's just too painful a departure from your artificial little cocoon you've created for yourselves. Oh, well. You created it, you get to live in it, not us, thank God.

    What I'm worried about is the Bush Admin. is now getting us up for another war.

    Sorry, the people getting us into another war are in Iran.

    Iran has called for the destruction of Israel and the destruction of the US. And they're trying to get nuclear weapons.

    1+1 = bad things for us unless we stop them.

    I cannot see how anyone can claim that Bush wants to get us into another war without mentioning the action of the Iranians.

    SMG

    Anon
    Wilson is a democrat as am I, but democrats are not traitors or crank, (for the most part,) George H.W. Bush hailed Wilson as "truly inspiriring" and "courageous." Wilson also donated $1,000 to Georage W,s campaign.
    "To announce that there must be no critism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, it is also considered morall treasonable to the American public."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

    kai, stick to the facts; the man's ancient history is irrelevant, his history relating to this current issue is instructive.

    Even Kerry took his name off the Kerry for Prez website when it came apparent he lied to the Senate.

    You are in a state of denial, and it is readily apparent to all who can see.

    The only people still onboard for the nefarious conspiracy theory are those that can't seem to follow an argument.

    The reason for the law suit was the lying liars trying to shop a book deal around town.

    I doubt many of you lib cranks can even bring yourselves to read the WaPo editorial. It's just too painful a departure from your artificial little cocoon you've created for yourselves. Oh, well. You created it, you get to live in it, not us, thank God.

    Wilson got the CIA to start an investigation so he could right a book, right.

    write not right

    Wilson is a hero to the Looney far left. They'll buy his fairy tales. He is an irredeemable LIAR

    Wilson is a hero to the Looney far left.

    and a hero to George H.W. Bush, William F Buckley, George Will, all those looney liberal cranks.

    Ron Reagan, Jr. is one of the true lightweights of all time. If it wasn't for his name, you'd be tipping him at the car wash.

    Mr. Wilson can you tell me another fairy tale?

    No Krazy Keith, you will have to read my book....

    :
    :
    Awwwwwwwww Mr. Wilson.


    How is Wilson a "hero" to George H.W. Bush, William F Buckley and George Will?

    What kind of a moron puts his CIA NOC wife's name in "Who's who in America"?
    What kind of an idiot would allow someone to maintain NOC status when that person marries someone with a profile as high as an Ambassador?
    And then what kind of an enormous dumbass would then suggest that her high profile husband and vocal critic of the current administration, go on a "fact finding" mission to investigate 'yellow cake' claims, when said person is trying to maintain 'cover'?

    With genious CIA operatives like this, its no wonder our intel sux. Good riddance Valerie. If you were a horse, you would have been put down already.

    I know. I know. W also caused the formation of Hurricane Katrina as well as the tsunami. Hell lets blame him for Polio and Thalidamyde.

    Pssssssst : her identity wasn't covert or secret.

    Ratings for Thursday show Keith in a tie for last place with Nancy Grace in the "demo" and in last alone for total viewers. Even the lefty buzz and press junkets are not enough to help him. Nancy Grace, a hard-edged goofus with no press and no buzz beats him nightly. How much longer will Abrams make poop the MSLSD centerpiece.

    And then what kind of an enormous dumbass would then suggest that her high profile husband and vocal critic of the current administration, go on a "fact finding" mission to investigate 'yellow cake' claims, when said person is trying to maintain 'cover'

    And then have her huband come back and write a very critical op-ed about the White House in the NY Times.

    Did Wilson actually believe that the press wouldn't eventually uncover his wife's role and position?

    Or, looking at this differently: Did Wilson know that by coming out publicly with his allegations that he would force the White House to rebut his charges which, in turn, would lead to the disclosure of his wife's role and CIA status?

    He then would charge the W.H. with attacking him and outing his wife?

    In other words: Did Wilson and David Corn set a trap?

    SMG

    Why wouldn't the White House look into LIAR Wilson's motives???
    Shouldn't they know the fix was in???!!!

    A little reminder of Joe Wilson's self-importance.

    http://www.slate.com/id/2140058/

    Now that the damage is done, the leftist media outlets will try to rehab their image by claiming they never knew Wilson was a liar. This is the typical MSM manoever. They set up a fall guy, use him for propaganda and then abandon him. Their dupe Fitzgerald has just begun to suffer. They will blame Fitzgerald for the unwarranted media frenzy, and pretend that they never knew he was overzealous.

    In the end, the papers managed to dupe the uneducated, the public lost money as a result of a worthless investigation and Libby and Rove were dragged through the mud. All in all a triumph for the legacy media.

    the papers managed to dupe the uneducated, the public lost money as a result of a worthless investigation and Libby and Rove were dragged through the mud.

    And about 50-65% of the public - those that barely follow the news as they go about their day - still believe that the White House deliberately outed a CIA agent in order to exact revenge on a critic.

    Because they heard someone or something say something like that somewhere.

    Two+ years of the press repeating these charges and then one two minute news story on how the charges were without merit.

    Great.

    SMG

    And the cable news hacks at laughingstock MSNBC will move onto the next unnamed-unidentified-anonymous-high ranking-source to weave their next conspiracy.

    KFK,
    I wish the MSM would do what you suggest, but what they are more apt to do is divert from the "Wilson=Liar" and move to the "smoke=fire" template. They won't even acknowledge Wilson's inconsistencies or the Senate's admonishment of him because doing so would mean that their premise that the Bush administration did something illegal, would then be crushed. Instead, they will focus on Cheney wanting to know who the hell sent this guy to Niger and why. The MSM will then suggest that the administration's response in the news to Joe Wilson's claims were somehow unfair. The administration is not supposed to be able to respond to criticism or to outright lies for that matter, and they are certainly not allowed to play the "consider the source" game.

    Instead, they will focus on Cheney wanting to know who the hell sent this guy to Niger and why.

    Yeah, but that's the nature of the beast no matter who's in the White House.

    Reporters earn their cache and praise for reporting on misfeasance (real or alleged) of top government officials and not of ex-Ambassadors.

    And, to a certain extent, that's understandable. We need to hold our government officials to a higher standard than private citizens even if that private citizen is a snook like Joe Wilson.

    And boy, he's a snook.

    SMG

    Come on there is so much stink around Wilson why would it even take the GOP to out this LIAR....unless the lefty MSM wanted it so much to be true....and it blew up in their face.

    I cannot see how anyone can claim that Bush wants to get us into another war without mentioning the action of the Iranians.

    Okay, smart guy. Iran is a ne'er-do-well who should be contained. I will grant you that much.

    But how the HELL do we fight another war when most of our forces are committed elsewhere? It's not like the President can wave a magic wand and another couple of Brigades will appear.

    Not to mention the fact that attacking ANOTHER country pre-emptively will likely cause gas prices to rise (crisis in the Middle East always creates oil shock) and it will push the moderate Muslim nations (like Egypt and Saudi Arabia) away from us.

    Exactly how would this plot play out? Hey we will send Wilson to Niger, when he finds there is no way for Niger TO sell yellowcake to anyone, then the administration will ignore the report, distort the evidence and pretend it happened anyway, when Wilson objects Rove and company will expose his wife as a CIA agent and then be destroyed. WOW, Rube Goldberg would be proud.

    Wilson did NOT lie about the Niger nondeal. The mines where uranium is obtained is not under their control. There is no way to make this deal. Limbaugh is desperate and trying the most ludicrous of defenses. Of course he cannot be convinced he is beyond any reasonable hope of being swayed by mere facts and evidence, who needs facts, he has an ideology.

    These are not my words but I agree with them.

    Show me proof Wilson lied.

    Anon:
    I cannot see how anyone can claim that Bush wants to get us into another war without mentioning the action of the Iranians.

    The use of war, as we saw in Iraq, should be a last resort. I don't see how we could have a ground invasion either, but the word is he's thinking about bombing. Iran, furthermore, will not have a bomb if left to their own devises for 5 years so why not try more negotiation? Talk me out of my view on Iran but use facts please. I'm well aware how dangerous Iran is, and how dangerous an attack could be for our troops in Iraq. By the way, I can the closest I ever came to being in the military because of Iran. I graduated from high school in 1979, and was asked to sigh a draft get ready like document, because Carter was thinking about going to war with Iran.

    Anon;
    I guess I come off as a smart ass or something but I'm listening to what is being said to me by this site's bloggers when it is reasonable and factual. I'm not here to just cause grief, I want to see your view points and maybe convince you liberals do have a legitimate side to the debate. People here have been pretty polite and I'm impressed with that.

    Show me proof Wilson lied.

    Here's a link to a liberal blogger who is no fan of Wilsons.

    http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh072004.shtml

    Among other things, Wilson lied about seeing the forged Niger documents. He lied about the role his wife played in getting him the assignment to go to Niger. He lied about Cheney seeing his report. He lied about debunking the claim that Iraq was seeking to acquire uranium from Niger. He lied about Cheney's role in getting him the assignment to go to Niger. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

    One can still believe the worst about the White House. Only don't use Wilson as a source for your beliefs.

    Because he's got zero credibility.

    SMG

    Sorry, kai, but if at this late date you asking us to provide evidence of The Fop's lying, after all that has been written and said on the subject, including the Washington Post Editorial, you really have no business on this blog.

    This is a blog for people who read, think, and keep current. You clearly are not up to the level of a minimally informed person on this topic.

    Good luck; you have about 3 years of documents to read that you must have glossed over since 2003.

    Sorry, kai, but if at this late date you asking us to provide evidence of The Fop's lying, after all that has been written and said on the subject, including the Washington Post Editorial, you really have no business on this blog.

    This is a blog for people who read, think, and keep current. You clearly are not up to the level of a minimally informed person on this topic.

    Good luck; you have about 3 years of documents to read that you must have glossed over since 2003.

    This is my last post, and true the Daily Howler report does have validity.

    My contentions haven't been disproved though, Wilson was a perfectly reasonable person to have gone to Niger, his knowing the PM and being a former minister of mining, the claim's made by Bush did NOT check out. The sale did NOT happen! You know cheney wanted revenge and you can obfuscate to your hearts content. The hell with Wilson our country is in chaos, I'd think that would be the most important to you.

    http://rpc.senate.gov/_files/BondJoeWilsonFloorStatementJuly21st.pdf


    Statement on Senate Floor by Sen. Christopher Bond (R-MO), July 21, 2004 on
    Senate Intelligence Committee Report


    Mr. President, it is interesting today that some of our colleagues are on the floor talking about
    the wonderful expose Ambassador Joe Wilson made. Joe Wilson and his wife have become
    quite a cause celebre. He has had 30 appearances, he is writing books and, oh, yes, now he is on
    the Web site of Senator Kerry. The Web site is ironically entitled "RestoreHonesty.com."
    On that Web site, Mr. Wilson said: � ...this President misled the nation in his State of the
    Union Address.� Then he goes on to say:
    �They tried to intimidate me and others who were willing to speak up and tell the truth....I
    was courageous to speak truth to the power of the Bush White House....� �George Bush's
    Administration has betrayed our trust --I know that personally.�
    That is quite an indictment. It goes along with quite a few other points.
    I understand on the first page of his book -- I did not buy it and I do not intend to. I was told
    that three times on page 7 he said President Bush lied. Why did he do that? It was all because of
    16 words in the State of the Union Address on January 28, 2003.
    I addressed this issue last week in this body, and I think I raised some very serious questions
    about the veracity of Ambassador Wilson's suggestions. I was given the opportunity last night
    on the Jim Lehrer PBS "NewsHour" to have a discussion with Mr. Wilson. Margaret Warner
    was the interviewer. Unlike many of the other sound-bite discussions on TV these days, we had
    a full 10 minutes. It was a very interesting discussion because I had the opportunity to make my
    points, and Mr. Wilson made his points. I commend PBS for giving us the opportunity.
    What I cited when the interviewer asked me about my contentions that Mr. Wilson was not
    truthful was I noted that the basis of his charge and the basis of so much nonsense we have seen
    disseminated in the press and repeated by some of my colleagues on this floor and covered in
    scam political pieces being put out by friends of the Democratic nominee that President Bush
    lied was totally debunked, among other things, by the finding of Lord Butler's commission in the
    United Kingdom.
    He said in paragraph 499 of the report released last week:
    We conclude that on the basis of intelligence estimates at the time covering both Niger and
    the Democratic Republic of Congo, the statements on Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa
    in the Government's dossier and by the Prime Minister and the House of Commons were
    well-founded...........................................................

    kai bird,

    Don't go away. Even if you disagree with many posters on the board, your posts are respectful and polite. We've got so many people at war with each other here that it's nice to see someone who is trying to be civil to his or her adversaries.

    Missy,
    Thank you! That is very kind.

    I agree, stay Kai bird. I haven't had much time to read posts from today, but it's interesting to have a peaceful debate that doesn't have rude references to genitals or things one should do to themself. :-)

    Plus, maybe there's some sort of middle ground between all sides of an issue that we can come to!

    Kai:
    the claim's made by Bush did NOT check out. The sale did NOT happen

    Remember, Bush did not claim that a sale was made.

    He said this in his State of the Union Address:

    "The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

    He said Africa, not just Niger.

    And he said sought, not purchased or signed a contract.

    Look, I'm not a big fan of Bush's. He and his Administration have been terribly incompetent.

    But I think this Wilson charge has no merit.

    Thanks for keeping the quality of the posts civil. Ignore those who do engage in ad hominem or juvenilia (whether people from the Left or Right or Center).

    SMG

    People here have been pretty polite and I'm impressed with that.

    Holy crap! Must be some new people since I was here last. Or are we still discussing Keith's alledgedly orange genitalia? 'Cus that was a site highlight. Best of the web and all that such.

    Rest assured, the "hate America" card will be dealt. Where's scooter when you need him/her?

    Abe, You can follow this thread and see. I didn't have one personal attack, except the light, "looney liberal crank stuff." I'm serious, that's nothing. If you give them respect and don't hurl insults, you are generally treated the same. I well know these issues get heated. The "hate America" card is something I'v seen coming too, but sometimes the rhetoric is calmed down when one is having a personal debate.

    kai bird,

    All commenters are welcome here except spammers. There has been a problem with someone spamming a Piczo site into this site. That IP address was banned and, after I reported the problem to Piczo, the website referenced in the spam was deleted and that user banned from Piczo. Now another person has begun posting links to another Piczo site that references the first Piczo site. Both spammers are coming from the Manitoba (Canada) Phone Company internet service; both IP addresses have been reported for abuse and, according to their policies, will have their accounts terminated.

    You are posting from a Time Warner cable account in northern Virginia. You have posted a number of posts that are perfectly acceptable but have also spammed the second Piczo site into this site. I have not yet deleted all of your comments, banned your IP address and reported you to Time Warner..yet. I am deleting your offending comment and offering you the opportunity to explain yourself. If you do not explain yourself or reply I will proceed to delete, ban and report.

    Please be brief.

    I don't get all this and I have no explaining to do. I'm not posting from anywhere near the east coast I'm in California. I'm not teck savvy so if on the odd chance my computer is doing something off base go ahead by all means delete. censor, and report.

    ..yet. I am deleting your offending comment

    What are you talking about?

    This is weird.

    Kai,

    You posted a comment containing a link to a pizco site which was identical to a comment from a spammer in Manitoba, Canada. The message, which I will not repeat here, used vulgar language to "challege" me/readers to do something about this person's web site.

    The reason I have offered you the courtesy of a chance to explain is because you have made many other comments that are perfectly acceptable on this site and I do not understand why you would bother to spam the pizco site here and risk being banned and losing your Time Warner internet service.

    As you are not tech saavy maybe you did not realize that my blogging software and web server software captures all sorts of information on the computers that are accessing this site. I can see all the comments coming from the same IP address even if you use different names.

    As long time readers of this site can tell you I am very lenient when it comes to posting on this site but I do not tolerate spammers. I don't think you ARE a spammer which is I am confused as to why you would post a link to that pizco site when it appears that you have nothing to do with it.

    As for your lack of tech saavy, I guess you don't realize that in a matter of 5 minutes I can learn all sorts of things about commenters on this site. It's always funny to me that people imagine themselves to be so anonymous on the web.

    Do you want me to tell you want kind of computer you are using, what O/S you are using, what browser you are using, what version your are using, etc?

    As far as you being in California, I already know that but did not feel the need to go into detail other than to let you know that I know who to contact to report violations of your ISP's user agreement but, as I have said, I don't want to do that.

    As for where you are, I know lots more about you than that you live in California!

    Here is some "kai bird" trivia..

    The town he lives in is named for a former President

    He likes to run and is not the only person in his house that likes to do that

    That even if he doesn't know much about how the web works he has someone in his life who knows quite a bit about how a web site works.

    That if I were to disclose his name he might make a fuss.

    That part of his phone number was also the title of a movie starrring John Belushi.

    Kai - you want a map of your house?

    Don't worry. I am not going to "out" you here. Just please do not post spam into my site.

    PS, in case you did not realize it, the two people spamming the site from Manitoba are losing their web sites and their internet access from their local telco. It is an extreme step to ban someone here and report them as spammers because the effect, in your case, will be a termination of your cable modem service which I expect you will not what to happen. Hence, my "go slow" approach in your case.

    That is playing dirty! I'v not been dishonest. Why don't you bar me? I'll save you the trouble,

    Poor "kai bird"! In the words of Mr. Cox's twin brother:

    " A spammer once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti... Fly back to school little kai bird."

    Bob Cox's twin brother is THAT GUY... AND Bob knows where we live?

    I sure hope Bob's a vegetarian...

    Ayatollah Ulbermani continues to spew his Pro-Jihadi propaganda. He's the Tokyo Rose of our error unfortunently he broadcasts right here in the US!
    He also never attacks child molestors, that means he supports Child molestation!

    "He also never attacks child molestors, that means he supports Child molestation!"

    Oy, don't you ever get tired of this?

    Try stamp collecting instead. That's a more productive hobby than this role-playing you're engaged in.

    Thanks

    Steve,
    Keith Olbermann never codemns pedophilia like O'reilly does. he never mentioned Jessica's law or did reports on child abuse. That means he supports it!

    "Keith Olbermann never codemns pedophilia like O'reilly does"

    Oh, c'mon. Lots of TV hosts don't talk about pedophilia or a hundred other terrible topics. I've never heard Larry King condemn it on his show.

    Just because a host doesn't explicitly condemn something doesn't mean they support it.

    I've never heard Limbaugh discuss child abuse in Indonesia. Does that mean he's in favor of child abuse in Indonesia?

    Olbermann is a bad journalist; he's not a bad person.

    SMG

    SMG

    Whooooaaaaa! WHooooaaaa! WHOOOAAAA!

    Let's not get ridiculous here! Let's not go over the top!


    Keith Olbermann is most certainly a bad person...

    "Keith Olbermann is most certainly a bad person"

    How can anyone who doesn't know him personally know that? Sorry, I don't know much of anything about Olbermann as a person.

    I've read stuff about him in his career, as a professional. And he seems to be a bit of a pompous jerk.

    But as a person away from his job, what do we really know? As a real life human being? I don't know anything at all about him.

    Does he kick dogs? Does he not tip waiters or waitresses? Does he not remember his parents' birthdays?

    I don't think the personal is the political. Two separate things.

    Anyway, it's absurd to think somehow that he defends pedophilia. That's just ridiculous.

    SMG

    see www.forthisreliefmuchthanks.blogspot.com to see what kind of a person Keith really is SMG -- it ain't purty!

    KfK,

    Come on, this old tripe again? Month-old flounder smells better than dragging out these (still) unsubstantiated allegations.

    Find better material or get the hell of the stage. Your act is very tiring.

    SMG,

    What? You think Olbermann can run his MSNBC show like it's Air America, then hypocritically rag on Fox News as being "biased" AND be a nice reasonable man when the cameras are off?

    You think Olbermann can use an MSNBC primetime show as a vehicle to trash those he differs with politically and professionally, never allow the person or their representative on to rebut AND be a sweetheart of a guy....?

    You think he can sit there, night after night, and pile on whoever is the latest media pariah... while going into some bogus stance about being too good for tabloid news.... AND be an honest person?

    On the contrary...what you see on Countdown is what you get--- and THAT is a total disconnect in what he would say should be expected from others and what he thinks should be expected of him.

    He's a snake.

    KfK,

    I've checked out that chick's blogboard several times and I wouldn't be able to fault Karmabite's mother for moving out of town behind her back,let alone Keith Olbermann.

    Emperor Palpatine said: ""Keith Olbermann never codemns pedophilia like O'reilly does."

    Okay, for as much as Olbermann rubs me the wrong way (oh, probably a bad choice of words given the comments on "For this relief." My bad.), I'd never venture that he's a child molester. That's really over the top.

    For whatever faults Olbermann has, I wouldn't say that violence is among them.

    Emperor Palpatine:

    For your convenience, I have selected the brain malfunction that most closely resembles the one you recently made on the topic of Keith Olbermann:

    Malfunction: Proof By Lack Of Evidence.

    Manifestation: Subject believes that because person A (Keith Olbermann) does not condemn cause B (child molestation), person A must therefore be supportive of cause B despite an absence of empirical evidence to the contrary.

    Solution: Repeated smacks upon the head with a clue hammer (patent pending).

    Looks like kai bird has flown the coop. Guess that''s what happens when OlbyLoons fear having to account for their own words under their own name. As long-time readers know, we've seen this before.

    Bye Bye Birdie!

    The sad thing is that you still call people names. The implication being that you cannot judge people for the actual things that they do or say, but what you have prejudicially decided that they imply. Meaning, that overall, you're not particularly accurate or observent.

    Reading this drivel would rot my brain.
    If you quote me, you will quote the prior statement.
    Anyway, your post on the origins of Kai Bird was amusing. It was amusing in the sense that all you did was fear mongering. That's really the only thing you people seem to think you've mastered.

    Which is why I don't generally read this drivel.

    And I generally don't read this drivel because there aren't counter arguments. The tactic is name calling, and name calling, and more name calling, in the hope of angering the person you're slurring, so that you can claim that they were offensive, and threaten to write a letter to their ISP, etc.

    You try to silence your opposition with threats. That is pathetic, but that's the summary of your character.

    "The tactic is name calling, and name calling, and more name calling,..."

    Cry Baby...

    This might be of intrest for KO watchers...

    MSNBC to move?
    Speculation that Secaucus-based TV network might leave for Manhattan

    from The HUDSON REPORTER


    Since the fall of 1996, the cable TV news network MSNBC has broadcast from their studios on the west side of Secaucus. But soon, MSNBC may not even be on this side of the Hudson.

    Rumors of an impending move to Manhattan have increased in recent weeks as media analysts speculate as to why the network may pull out of its Jersey base.

    MSNBC born with innovation, followed by ratings frustration

    MSNBC was founded in 1996 as a joint enterprise of Microsoft and NBC, hence the amalgamated name. The idea behind the partnership was to combine the news resources of NBC with the technology of Microsoft to create an integrated news service on the Microsoft Network and cable television. After briefly broadcasting from studios in Fort Lee in the summer and fall of 1996, MSNBC signed a ten-year lease in Secaucus, with news broadcasts emanating from the Secaucus site since November of that year.

    The initial goals of the network, which included attracting a younger, more technologically engaged audience, were not immediately realized. While MSNBC cable is currently America's third most-watched cable news channel, it trails far behind Fox News and CNN, despite the notoriety of certain shows such as Hardball with Chris Matthews and Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

    A recent leadership shakeup at MSNBC has attempted to address the ratings issue, among others. Dan Abrams, the 40-year-old chief legal correspondent of NBC News, was named general manager of MSNBC in June 2006. Abrams now runs the network from Secaucus, but the executive in overall charge of the network is NBC News senior vice president Phil Griffin, 49. Griffin continues to oversee NBC's Today program, and is based at NBC's headquarters in New York.

    The geographical division of the new leadership has helped fuel the rumors that NBC will close the Secaucus site and consolidate broadcast operations in Manhattan. In an earlier interview, Steve Capus, the president of NBC News, stated that such as move would not be made without serious consideration.

    "Closing Secaucus, if we get to that point, is a long way down the road," Capus said.

    Calls to officials at MSNBC seeking comment were not returned.

    Nearby Jersey option possible

    Brian Stelter is the editor of TVNewser, a blog about TV news that is featured on the popular website Mediabistro. Stelter pointed out that numerous changes might be on MSNBC's horizon.

    "The move may come down to the fact that NBC is not in a good financial state," Stelter said. "They are pretty much the fourth place TV network in prime time. Frequently pressures in prime time will affect the news operations, much to the chagrin of the news people. The news division is clearly being squeezed, including MSNBC. The number of $150 million for budget cutbacks across the network has been used."

    Stelter noted one possible option that would leave MSNBC with some presence in the Garden State.

    "One theory that I'm hearing that would make a lot of sense would move some MSNBC employees to NBC's main headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Manhattan, and some to Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, where CNBC is now. MSNBC has an outstanding graphics department. Maybe that department would work better at 30 Rock, where they can work more closely together with NBC. I've also noticed that when I visited CNBC in Englewood Cliffs recently, there is a lot of empty space waiting to be filled. It would make a lot of sense to consolidate the two networks in some way."

    Staff cutbacks next?

    Porter Bibb is no stranger to the media scene. A managing partner in Mediatech Capital Partners, Bibb has more than 40 years experience as a senior investment banker specializing in media, entertainment and technology ventures. He was also the first publisher of Rolling Stone magazine, a former White House correspondent for Newsweek magazine, and a lifelong friend of American literary icon Hunter S. Thompson.

    In his mind, Bibb is not surprised by the rumors.

    "MSNBC, like CNBC, is costing NBC a lot of money," he said. "It's an indulgence that probably is never going to pay off. A move to 30 Rock makes a lot of sense. Neither MSNBC nor CNBC have really ever found their niche, and NBC itself is in kind of a black hole right now. Candidly, folding MSNBC into Englewood Cliffs makes even more sense than bringing them into New York. But if they are going to bring them into 30 Rock, then they are really downsizing MSNBC."

    Regarding the near future of MSNBC and its employees, Brian Stelter reflected on the uncertain identity of the network as a whole.

    "It's unclear whether NBC knows what the future of MSNBC really is," he said. "In public, NBC executives point to the promotions of Abrams and Griffin to demonstrate their clear commitment to the network. But they can only survive for so many years doing what they are doing right now. They tried it for ten years. I would be shocked if they kept trying the same thing for ten more years. I wonder if this is part of a larger shift in what the channel is. They may run more documentaries, because they seem to be getting better ratings, and it seems to be more cost effective."

    Whether this prospective shift means impending layoffs at MSNBC has yet to be determined, according to Stelter.

    "I think we'll definitely see a realignment across the board," he said. "When I've talked to NBC executives, they say that there has been no decision and that they haven't reached a conclusion yet. It will be interesting to see in five years if MSNBC is what it was in 2006. I don't think that it will be."


    This is funny a few days ago MSNBC had Ron Reagan Jr(whose own show lasted about 5-mins) on and he said that FOXs rating are plummeting and will soon be a dead network,anybody want to lay bets as to which network will still be around and #1 five years from now and which one will go the way of the Dodo?

    "Ron Reagan Jr(whose own show lasted about 5-mins) on and he said that FOXs rating are plummeting and will soon be a dead network"

    This is a tough one.

    If there's anyone who knows about lousy ratings and failed shows, it's Junior.

    However, I think in this case, RRJ is succumbing to the wish being the father of the thought.

    SMG

    Re-airing KO is a risk management decision. The less "original" material he performs the less chance he will put a new foot in his mouth.
    "When your at the bottom the only place you can go is up"

    Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain.” — from The Law
    Frederick Bastiat.

    Using my Darkside Sith powers,I Now declare Ayatollah Ulbermani the Supreme Chairman of the American Marxists/Islamo-Facists alliance!
    His nom de gueere shall be......
    Keith The Mad Mullah!

    Here, explain this about this "docudrama" that ABC is airing:

    Why did Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt and a host of other right-wing commentators get advance copies two weeks ago while former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright were told that they would have to wait until it premiered?

    Why were bloggers on the right granted access to interviews and advance copies while those in the middle and on the left told they were not because they were not "press" and therefore not entitled to consideration?

    Why is the only member of the bi-partisan 9/11 Commission that was interviewed the Republican Co-Chair?

    Because it's another conspiracy, anonymous...

    You're being robbed, conned, grifted, stung, folded, spindled, and mutilated...