Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 20, 2006
    COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN - SEPTEMBER 20, 2006

    "COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN" (8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    Topics/Guests:

    • WHITE HOUSE SHOWDOWN WITH REPUBLICANS: Dana Milbank, Washington Post
    • THE CLINTONS: Jane Hamsher, firedoglake.com

    The spin started in the opening spiel, with Keith bellowing that the President wants to "legalize torture". Then it was on to the next talking point: "torture does not work". Plus a promise to bring lefty Jack Rice back to the Seat of Honor. It's an action-packed Hour of Spin!

    MADMAN

    The infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann looked like he had positively bathed in Man-Tan as he again used his dishonest phrase "rewriting the Geneva conventions". Once more he brought up Perfessor Turley, who had eagerly bought into Olby's notion that Bush is trying to legitimize torture he's already committed. Cue Dana Milbank, minus mangy mufti. KO wanted to make a big deal out of GOP "party leaders avoiding cameras", and Dana volunteered that "it's even worse". Then regarding a close vote on interrogation policy:

    How much conscience are we actually seeing here, and how many people in Washington have never seen it before or don't recognize it?

    Then it was back to The Perfessor and what happens when the detainees talk to the Red Cross. What if they say they were tortured? For that matter, what if people don't believe what they say? Just because Krazy Keith takes terrorists at their word doesn't mean regular Americans do.

    Then Olby gave us one of his most elegantly spun fabrications:

    Beneath all the debate over torture, and all the willingness to sell out this country and what it has stood for, is the far simpler to understand and virtually unanimous conclusion: torture does not work.

    KO raised the case of a innocent man who confessed to something in a Syrian dungeon to intro Jack Rice, who just happens to hold the same views on torture as Rev Olby:

    You torture somebody, and basically he will tell you whatever it is he thinks you want to know?

    Rice's predictable answer: "Absolutely". He went on to claim that coerced questioning is "useless" and a "waste of time". KO brought up Abu Zubaydah and used him as an example:

    You torture suspects into lying, and at the end you end up spreading information that scares Americans.... The President wants torture or a nice euphemism for torture, and all he'll get out of it is made-up information...

    Now at this point we must pause the tivo and switch over to the other tuner. The reason? To do a little fact-check on Keith Olbermann's lie that his view of aggressive interrogation is as "unanimous" as he claims. Over on that other channel, we found the top investigative reporter from ABC News, Brian Ross, winner of an award for the CIA secret prisons story. What did his sources have to tell him about interrogations?

    • The CIA broke all 14 top Al Qaeda leaders, including KSM, using coercive techniques.
    • The harshest treatment used was waterboarding.
    • Many of the 14 broke just from sound and light or temperature manipulation.
    • Nobody suffered permanent physical injuries.
    • KSM's information was "very valuable", with names and addresses of Al Qaedas given up, as well as details on an attack in Los Angeles.
    • Some of his CIA sources did not like using these techniques, but admitted that they did work.
    • Interrupting a plot to bomb Los Angeles means "you have saved lives" and these techniques did work and did save lives.
    • The notion that it never works is "false".

    OK, KO, tell us about the "virtually unanimous" position that you have been trumpeting. Oh, it's "virtually unanimous" on Countdown. Hell, it's totally unanimous on Countdown, because not only will you never let someone like Brian Ross on to contradict your propaganda, but you won't even tell your credulous viewers about the interrogations that did work and led to arrests and disrupted attacks.

    It doesn't matter whether one thinks Ross is right, or Olby. The point is, the evil O'Reilly will put Ross on to give his report, and then have Human Rights Watch on to give the other side. The infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann will cherry-pick his "news" and screen his "guests" so that facts contrary to his un-American propaganda never get heard. This is why it's The Hour of Spin.

    NAME

    The #4 story dealt with The Clintons, who have teamed with Laura Bush for a global humanitarian project. But this was only a thin reed on which to dangle Olby's interview about "progressive" blogs with Jane Hamsher, proprietor of a website that's really progressive: it's out there where the busses don't run. Hillary hired a blogger. Bloggers met with Bill Clinton. Olby mentioned Senator Lieberman. Hamsher mentioned Lieberman. Olby deliberately did not mention Hamsher's shamefully racist smearing of Lieberman. Surprising? Hardly. There was a reason for that, as we will see.

    This was as empty and vapid an interview as the worst Michael Musto chit-chat, but it filled the time before another episode of that pinnacle of journalistic excellence, "oddball". Then it was #3: the Matt Lauer/Jim McGreevey interview, rerun from NBC. But only with Krazy Keith did it come via a cheap shot at Dick Morris.

    #2: The space shuttle (more recycled reporting from the network mothership), Steve Irwin, Peter Gammonds (with clips from Olby's low-rated radio show because Gammonds praised Countdown). #1: Ludicrous animal videos and breaking ostrich news.

    MADMAN

    Pimping his book the book that bears his name again, KO trumpeted his #70 sales rank at amazon, said O'Reilly's book, "just out", is #119, and cackled maniacally. Alert Olbermann Watch readers will realize that when Olby mentions his nemesis, he's probably speaking with forked tongue. The truth: O'Reilly's book is not "just out", and won't be out until September 25. Yes, it's another Olbermann lie.

    Meanwhile, Hugo Chavez got a mention, but only as an excuse to take a shot at Pat Robertson. Bill O'Reilly was "worst" because the FBI told him that he is among several media people on an Al Qaeda death list. We're confused. If Ann Coulter was a "worst person" for making a joke about shooting Lincoln Chaffee, why is it OK for Krazy Keith to crack wise about killing Bill O'Reilly? No, the intended victim becomes the "worst person". On OlbyPlanet, standards are nothing if not malleable.

    Of course no mention that oil prices, which Krazy Keith railed about when they were going up, are now at their lowest point of the year. Nothing about the kill-Bush movie either. But he had time to devote an entire segment to a content-free blab session with a blue blogger. Why? And why did he treat her with kid gloves, never even alluding to her history of racially insensitive postings? Perhaps a visit to firedoglake.com will explain how she came to be booked on The Hour of Spin. There we will find this:

    Keith knocks another one out of the park

    ...and this:

    Yesterday, Keith Olbermann really lit into the Bush Administration in his commentary--if you haven't seen it, you should. He really brought some heat.

    ...and this:

    Keith is a genuine hero who does a show of exceptional qualilty [sic] night in, night out and has given us all hope during the dark nights of cable news when it looked like all was lost.

    ...and, most especially, this:

    ...earlier today we posted a link to his book The Worst Person in the World: And 202 Strong Contenders on Amazon and asked people to buy it. It subsequently moved from #19,000 on the sales ranking list to #99 #60 #25. Thanks so much to everyone who helped to push it up there. From us to you, Keith. Our way of saying thanks.

    Yikes! If all it takes to get a softball spot on The Hour of Spin is to slobber all over Keith Olbermann, how long will it be before Keith interviews Katy Tur?

    UPDATE:

    HotAir: official nutroots mascot Keith Olbermann welcomed Jane Hamsher of firedoglake to the program tonight to regale his three viewers with the inside scoop on the Clinton blogger meet-up. Did he seize the chance to ask the lefty blogosphere’s most notorious race-baitrix whether she was pleased to find no bloggers of color there muddying the waters? No, he did not, for reasons Johnny Dollar will be only too happy to explain.

    Confederate Yankee: Olbermann. Proved a fool again.

    Hot Air: ...in four short minutes Brian Ross utterly explodes that particular article of quasi-religious faith (that harsh tactics do not produce reliable information) as fantasy...Across the dial, right about the same time that O’Reilly and Ross were talking about this, smug halfwit Keith Olbermann was blithely asserting that "torture" doesn’t work. You picked the wrong night, jerky.

    Ace of Spades HQ: Pretty sad when your idea of a big ratings booster is inviting on a nitwit who can likely deliver an additional 40,000 viewers. An additional 40,000 viewers? Wow. Breakin' out the big guns now. Must be sweeps week.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (113) | | View blog reactions
    user-pic

    113 Comments

    Olby distant 4th on Tuesday. Almost doubled by 3rd place.

    Word has it Olbermann is mad because Hugo Chavez stole the material for his "Special Comment."

    This Hampster chick has a really cool blog all about stuff! It's like awesome! Bush sucks! Feingold rules! Lieberman is a minstrel! Wahoo!

    Did you know this wonderful kook worked on "Natural Born Killers" with Oliver Stone? I wonder if she believes in kooky konspiracies like Krazy Keith?

    firedoglake? My God, KO is really reaching deep into the loony left blogosphere hoping for viewers. Time to break out the...

    ! ! ! ! ! ! FULL OLBYLOON ALERT ! ! ! ! ! !

    On the offchange that Keith does not mention it (ha!), Jane Hamsher is a far-left bomb-throwing blogger of the Daily Kos / CrooksandLiars ilk. According to her blog, she wants "everyone" to read the new piece in GQ on the Lamont-Leiberman primary last month:

    http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5003

    "The liberal blogosphere, spoiling for an intraparty fight, discovered, vetted, and then put all their chips down on Ned’s campaign. National sites like Daily Kos, MyDD, and Firedoglake raised money and created buzz..."

    As J$ linked already, Jane was busted for posting a rather offensive photo on the Huffington Post (displayed above).

    ICN has cable ratings for Tuesday night. You know the drill. Same predictable result.

    http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2006/09/20/tuesdays-numbers-13/#more-3301

    Oh, I'm sure Miss Jane will give us lots to talk about tonight. We may be approaching the outer limits of Olbyloondom. Get your tin-foil hats ready...

    If KO's worst person segments was really honest than Hamsher would have gotten one for that litte photoshop stunt of hers.

    "If KO's worst person segments was really honest than Hamsher would have gotten one for that litte photoshop stunt of hers."

    Bingo, spot on.

    Especially since Lieberman, as a college student, went to Mississippi in the 1960s and risked his life to help black American vote.

    Recall what happened to three college students named Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman who did the same thing?

    SMG

    Jane Hamsher speaks on Olbermann's show.

    The transcript will show that absolutely nothing was different from the normal broadcast. I wonder if this is there way of giving her writing credits for the past year's worth of shows?

    BTW, $20 says that Olbermann is too ball-less to mention that she was cut loose from the Lamont campaign for her blackface. Courage.

    Listen up, you Right-Wing extremists!!!

    You heard it from Prof. Turley tonight...if Khalid Shiek Mohammed (the so-called 9-11 mastermind) tells the Red Cross that he was tortured by the infidels (the U.S. military), then charges may be brought against this Administration!!

    I, as does Keith Olbermann and EVERY ONE ON THE LEFT, have nothing but disgust and disdain for the men and women of the U.S. military, the CIA and the FBI.

    ** Democrats in '06. Protecting the rights of Al-Qaeda when the Republicans won't **

    Holy shit, is that really her ear or is she going to a Dumbo look-a-like party?

    Jane Hamster is the last word on where to find greek in New Jersey.


    You're just angry that she made a clever black-face photoshop of Joe Liebermann (who would have been the Vice President if Mr. Bush had not stolen the election in 2000...and NO..there's no irony here.)

    Looks like Happy, the baby new year from "Rudolph's shiny new year", finally grew up and turned quasi-marxist. Much like Duncan Black talking smack anonymously for years only to post a pic and show the world what a girly man he really is physically (can anyone say "Napolean complex"?) it's not always appealing for everyone to display their true look.

    HAHA, a far right blog calling out a far left blog. Just two sides of the same coin. One hates the establishment, the other defends the establishment. Neither is right. Both are biased an unobjective. Both are idiots.

    By JOHN SOLOMON and SHARON THEIMER, Associated Press Writers 37 minutes ago

    WASHINGTON - Republican activists Grover Norquist and Ralph Reed landed more than 100 meetings inside the Bush White House, according to documents released Wednesday that provide the first official accounting of the access and influence the two presidential allies have enjoyed.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    The White House released the
    Secret Service visit records to settle a lawsuit by the Democratic Party and an ethics watchdog group seeking visitors logs for the two GOP strategists and others who emerged as figures in the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal.

    Earlier this month, the White House suggested to the judge in that lawsuit that such records need not be disclosed because the information was privileged and might reveal how Bush and his staff get private advice, according to court documents obtained by The Associated Press.

    White House officials said Norquist, who runs the nonprofit Americans for Tax Reform, was cleared for 97 visits to the White House complex between 2001 and 2006, including a half-dozen with the president.

    Reed, former executive director of the Christian Coalition and an unsuccessful candidate for lieutenant governor in Georgia earlier this year, got 18 meetings, including two events with Bush.

    Officials said they believe all appointments with Bush involved larger group settings, such as Christmas parties or policy briefings for GOP supporters.

    White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said, however, it was possible some of Norquist's meetings might have been directly with Karl Rove, the president's longtime confidant and political strategist.

    "He is one of a number of individuals who worked to advance fiscal responsibility, which is one of the key aspects of the president's agenda," Perino said.

    Both Reed and Norquist became involved with Abramoff, the once high-power GOP lobbyist who has pleaded guilty to fraud and is now cooperating with prosecutors in an influence peddling investigation that has rocked Capitol Hill.

    Norquist's group advocates lower taxes and less government and he built it into a major force in the Republican Party. Along the way he became friends with Abramoff and Rove.

    E-mails obtained this summer by AP show Norquist facilitated several administration contacts for Abramoff's clients while the lobbyist simultaneously solicited those clients for large donations to Norquist's group. Americans for Tax Reform acknowledged Norquist helped Abramoff but said he did nothing improper.

    Reed rose to prominence as an organizer of evangelical Christian groups, including the Christian Coalition, inside the Republican Party before moving into business ventures where he did work for Indian tribes at Abramoff's request.

    Documents unearthed by congressional investigators showed Abramoff and business partner Michael Scanlon routed about $4 million from Indian tribes to Reed-controlled entities for grassroots work aimed at blocking rival casinos.

    The White House also released records showing White House appointments landed by some of Abramoff's former lobbying associates. Among them:

    _Neil Volz, a former aide to Ohio Republican Rep. Bob Ney (news, bio, voting record), had 18 appointments, including one to attend a large event featuring Bush on Sept. 11, 2001, that was canceled because of the terrorist attacks. Volz has pleaded guilty to conspiring to corrupt Ney and others with trips and other largess.

    _Lobbyist Shawn Vasell also had 18. Two were Bush events, likely a February bill signing and a Ford's Theatre gala, that occurred this year, when Vasell was no longer working with Abramoff.

    _Abramoff business partner Scanlon, a former aide to then-Rep.
    Tom DeLay, R-Texas, may have had one appointment; the White House couldn't say for certain whether the name in the Secret Service log was the same person. Scanlon has pleaded guilty to conspiring to bribe public officials while lobbying on behalf of Indian tribes.

    _Former DeLay aide and Abramoff lobbying team member Tony Rudy had 13, none with Bush. Rudy has pleaded guilty to conspiring with Abramoff. Former Abramoff lobbying associate Kevin Ring, a former aide to California Republican Rep. John Doolittle (news, bio, voting record), had 21, none with Bush.

    _Two former Abramoff lobbying colleagues who joined Bush's administration, David Safavian and Patrick Pizzella, show up in the appointment logs countless times. Pizzella, an assistant secretary of labor, had 48, none with Bush. Among numerous meetings for Safavian, a former Bush administration procurement official who pleaded guilty to trying to hide his dealings with Abramoff, just one was with Bush, likely an employee holiday reception in 2004.

    The release of the visitor records settles lawsuits by the Democratic Party and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

    In a court filing earlier this month while settlement discussions were ongoing, Justice Department lawyers representing the administration said information about the Norquist and Reed visits should be protected from public disclosure under the doctrine of "deliberative process privilege."

    That privilege lets the president and executive branch officials seek advice and deliberate policy decisions in private without having to disclose such information under the Freedom of Information Act.

    It is similar to executive privilege, a power made famous by President Nixon, that lets a president keep information secret even from Congress or the courts on the grounds that it would hurt his ability to get candid advice.

    Executive privilege was the focal point of major legal battles in the Watergate and Clinton impeachment cases.

    Bush administration lawyers wrote that Norquist and Reed were "prominent advocates of particular tax policies and other conservative policies" and that releasing information about their White House visits would "inherently reveal the structure and nature of deliberative processes."

    "In making decisions on personnel and policy, and in formulating legislative proposals, the president must be free to seek confidential information from many sources, both inside the government and outside," the lawyers wrote in citing a favorable court ruling from 2005 involving Vice President
    Dick Cheney.

    Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Karen Finney said she saw a pattern of the White House trying to avoid answering legitimate questions.

    "By trying to extend a special privilege typically reserved for U.S. government employees, to protect their Abramoff cronies like Grover Norquist, and Ralph Reed, the Bush administration showed just how willing they are to manipulate the law to hide the truth and protect their political interests," Finney said.

    The administration lawyers, meanwhile, also argued against releasing information about the White House visits of former federal procurement official David Safavian on the grounds that it would violate Safavian's privacy. Safavian was recently convicted of trying to cover up his dealings with Abramoff.

    Administration officials said the Justice Department never invoked the privilege mentioned in the court filings because a settlement was reached.

    Former White House lawyer Lanny Breuer, who handled many of
    President Clinton's privilege claims, said that administration routinely released White House entry records to the public and never "came close to making a claim like the one being suggested in this instance."

    Well the Hamster segment was what I thought it would be..A Clinton love fest.I quess it was expecting too much for KO to be balance and talk about her litte "problem" with the Lamont campaign.

    True, Annon... but the POINT of this biased blog is to point out that Meltdown is a PARTISAN, BIASED show.

    -Something that Keith refuses to admit.

    You know why I love Keith Olbermann so much??

    I'll tell you why.

    The way he pronounces Jesus by saying, "Geeeezus"...adding a bit of disdainful inflection to it.

    ** Democrats in '06...pissing off the religious since since 1820 **

    Good luck to you there Lefty running on the "We love AL Quada" ticket. And may God have mercy on your soul on judgement day.

    Lie- thanks for the info... did you also get the details on all the renting out of the Lincoln bedroom under Clinton?

    How 'bout those Buddist Monks that Gore took all that money from? No?

    How 'bout all those Chinese Bill sold our nuclear secrets to? Nothing?

    I'll keep waiting...
    (but I won't hold my breath)

    Gosh, the chairman of the Georgia Republican party visited the leader of the Republican party. I'm shocked.

    The polls startin' to scare ya?

    She was not so bad. I guess she got the Daily Kos media training on how to come across like the loon you really are.

    There was one really tortured moment when she had just finished talking about how Hillary had hired Peter Daou to work on her campaing (Senate '06, yeah right) and how Daou was brining all these bloggers in to meet with Bill Clinton. And then explaining how bloggers represented the grassroots. Even KO wasn't quite buying that one. HINT: when you are meeting with the two most powerful people in the Democratic party to shoot the shit you are no longer an "outsider".

    Brandon,

    If you think that ALL OF US ON THE LEFT are going to sit idly by while you trample on the rights of Al-Qaeda...then you're sorely mistaken.

    As soon as we Democrats take back power, we will surrender our positions in Iraq [as John Murtha (D) wants], place Saddam Hussein back in power [as Sen. Rockefeller (D) wants], and then negotiate with Al-Qaeda [as ALL OF US ON THE LEFT want].

    Well, well. Olby had pegged Hugo Chavez as #3 in his "Worst Person In the World" segment and of course, I immediately assumed that O'Reilly would take the top spot. Big surprise, he did!
    BTW, KTO had said that his book is currently beating O'Reilly's among the Amazon sales rankings, but he made a mistake. Bill's book isn't released until next Monday, yet KTO said it was out already. Not that the truth matters to Keith. Will he make a correction on his program tomorrow? Yeah right!!!

    Thers is a story over at Ace of Spades (http://ace.mu.nu/ )about a post on firedoglake.com Hamsher's site where a black blogger
    who was upset with the Liberman blackface wrote a piece called "Jane Hamsher is an idiot",so a blogger from firedoglake told her to mind her place by saying...

    "So, Liza, dear, before you go assailing your betters and making Jane stand in for every blond white woman who ever pissed you off, maybe you should head back to eighth grade English and, you know, learn to spell and to write in a linear fashion. Although judging from your other posts that I read, mediocrity may be a chronic condition for you."

    they tried to backtrack and change what was written but Ace has the full story..It's about middle of the page under the title..

    "FireDogLake To Black Bloggers: Mind Your Tongue When Speaking To "Your Betters"

    It really tells you a little bit about the people KO hangs with.

    DAMN YOU PAT CHEN! How dare you cite an "actual lie" told by Keith?!?

    Don't you know that Olbyloons like O'Liely will soon be asking "What lies?" and "Keith always tells the truth!" ?

    By letting us know that Keith deliberately lied to pimp his book is a blow to us all!

    yeah O'lieley and and your point is?...
    Clinton met with all sorts of undesirable sloth and slime, even the communist chinese to whom he gave, sold or otherwisw handed over missle technology. Yet you seem to have a distinct disadain for Grover Norquist, a man who has the (to you and yours anyway) the ludicrous notion that maybe the American people , including " the rich" ( whoever they are) might like to keep some of their hard earned money instead of handing it over cheerfully to the government . Imagine ther audacity of some people?
    "Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Karen Finney said she saw a pattern of the White House trying to avoid answering legitimate questions" wasn't seh the one who also wanted Bill Clonton to "come clean" too? we all know how forthcoming the democrats are and even sometimes the drycleaners can fix it.
    O'leilly I sense some deep and abiding party loyalty on your part here. I know that hypocrisy is the party platform of the democrats but you may well be their most generous donor.
    What exactly are you so upset about O'lie? Abramoff has been indicted and going to trial? I know you dream of the democrats glory days of watergate but this ain't it. Get real.
    I guess the only thing that uopsets me is that i was stupid enought to actually read your little rant and other democratic talking points. I should know bwtter than to read your posts by know, just like I should know better than to watch the big ornage twilght zone conspiracy theorist guy and your current hero Hugo Olbermann.
    THAT'S why you and herr olbermiester were so pissy tonight you got your thunder taken away by another communist dictator- the little toad face from Venezuela. I htink ol kiethy put the little amphibian on hsi worst person list because he was upset that toad boy thought of calling Bush "el diablo" first. Nothing as bad as having your thunder and ideology absconded with by a toad-human hybrid who carries around Noam Chomsky books and thunders from the communist pulpit.
    O'lie I don't know why you come back so much just to have yourself flogged and made the object of ridicule and rejection. It's OK we know you voted for Kerry. now just get over it and go have some milk and cookies . You are like a poor little kid who is upset because nobody really pays attention to him or takes him seriously. You would be better served if you maybe stayed home and dreamed of the glory days of Bill Clinton and flogged yourself in the privacy of your own little asylum.

    BTW, KTO had said that his book is currently beating O'Reilly's among the Amazon sales rankings, but he made a mistake. Bill's book isn't released until next Monday, yet KTO said it was out already. Not that the truth matters to Keith. Will he make a correction on his program tomorrow? Yeah right!!!
    ***************************************************
    KO's book is currently 72 (its dropping again..it was in the 50s)..by the way Noam Chomsky book that Ol'Hugo Chavez was talking about today is up to 22...maybe Ko should get Hugo to pimp his book. :)

    You folks are funny. I watch all the time, but I think he is mediocre news program host. He was real good doing sports back on KTLA back in the 1980's, but the fact that he does not have guests that disagree or question him bothers me. I am not so sure that he is not just filling a niche that the left has said repeatedly that is not met. I think Keith has done a good job delivering his Special Comments however I have no idea if he has indeed written them. MSNBC has two moderate republicans and Keith , along with 30 versions of " Lock-up" that play repeatedly. I like Keith, hbowever I would much rather see Chomsky or Zinn do a TV show. Molly Ivins would have a great show. Lighten up people... I could not possibly as insane as some of the postings I have written. I only do it because you folks spend so much time on a blog for someone you do not like... seems as odd as you folks believing that a character like Bill O'lielly would exist,, but then again you people bought the whole WMD argument...

    if O'reilly's book shoots past Hugo Olbermann's book in ther first week what will Kiethy do?? he will call O'reilly EL diablo and then quickly call up former Jim "Rest area fun" McGreevy for consloation and advice. No wonder Ol Kiethy boy has been featuring so many sword swallowers on his show lately.
    Hey Kiethy- NICE SEGWAY!

    > he made a mistake.

    No, it was another Olbermann lie.

    You're quite right, riverdog...

    Olbermann angered US ON THE LEFT slightly by putting the esteemed and brilliantly insightful Hugo Chavez on his #3 worst list...but he more than made up for it by placing Bill-O at #1.

    Bill-O somehow inferred that Al-Qaeda wanted to target FOX reporters when we all know that's B.S.

    It's just another in a string of so-called accusations made against Al-Qaeda...and WE ALL ON THE LEFT won't stand for it.

    ** Democrats in '06...protecting the rights of Al-Qaeda when the Republicans won't **

    O'Lie... that was probably the most coherent string of sentences that you have ever posted.

    On the "you people bought the whole WMD argument"... does "you people" also include:
    Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, and on and on?

    I mean- it was you guys on the LEFT who (in the 12 YEAR "rush" to war) told us that Saddam had WMD's because WE sold them to him! Remember? It was a pre-invasion way to smack both Reagan and Rumsfield.

    Pick a story, and STICK WITH IT!!!

    Bill O'leilly,

    You're quite right...I bought the WMD/Iraq argument.

    * I bought it in 1991 when Iraq admitted it had WMDs.

    * I bought it in 1998 when President Clinton took military action against Iraq saying
    "Good evening. Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world. Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

    * I bought it in 2002 when the UN Security Council unanimously (RES 1441) said that Iraq was STILL not in compliance

    * I bought it in 2003 when President Bush took military action based on the SAME WMD evidence and SAME UN Authorization cited by the Clinton Administration in 1998.

    At which point did you know that Iraq no longer possessed the WMDs it once had?...I know!...I know!...when Bush got elected in 2000.

    Hmmmm Zinn and Chomsky your favorite who'd a thunk it? Maybe Hugo "el rospo" Chavez will carry YOU under his arm at the next UN frog and pony show.
    "but the fact that he does not have guests that disagree or question him bothers me. thus spaketh the O'lie-man.
    " Lighten up people... I could not possibly as insane as some of the postings I have written"
    O'really O'Lielly? so which incarnation and which incantation SHOULD we believe? I mean you almost sound like that little segment ol'Kiethy featured on the closet breaking ex governor of NJ who stated his whole life was a lie but then wants us to belive that he never sexually harassed "than man" his former aid and advisor.
    O"lielly sums it all up and brings it all home- "I only do it because you folks spend so much time on a blog for someone you do not like... seems as odd as you folks believing that a character like Bill O'lielly would exist,, but then again you people bought the whole WMD argument..."
    man, dude I almost feel sorry for you. If your last statement was not a desperate cry for help then i don't know what is. Look, it's OK to come out of your closet and maybe do a little experimenting with the concept of common sense. You seem so conservative-curious- like you want to try it but you are just not sure how it will turn out or what your friends will think. IT'S OK to be curious about not buying all the liberal lies and reading Chomsky lustily under the covers at night.It's OK to be normal and think for yourself and maybe come out and say "I don't really hate Bush- all those nasty people on TV told me to do it." It's OK to experiment with cultures other than your own- set yourself free man , set yourself free!

    Heres what KO wished would have happen this morning at the UN...

    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1315/4771338/9907708/189090728.jpg

    I wish we could still post pics..but some jerks had to ruin it for all of us.

    Of course "Ispeak" would put the Venezeualan toad lower on the list of worst person list. I mean after all Toad boy only called our President and the leader of the free world "el Diabo" but Bill O'reilly is beating him about four to one in the ratings and his book is not even relaease yet and is already selling better off the block than his. I mean a politically correct progressive (PCP?? now that's too good !) who quotes Twilight Zone episodes has to have some standards doesn't he?

    I think I just made a Funny. from now on I will refer to all people like Olby who declare themselves as politcally correct progressives as PCPs. I mean it fits doesn't it? Both are bad for you, they distort reality , cause insanity and they ruin brain cells. PCP the face of the new leftists.

    I'm watching Ahmedinejad on AC 360. AC just asked him if he believes that Israel should be wiped off the map. Of course, the Iranian "president," (aka Olby's hero) sidesteps the question, of course. He thinks the Palestinians should decide whether Israel exists.

    Firedoglake is the net version of the Olbermann show. I've had my run ins'.
    Piled high, damp, sticky and odorous.
    Olberman give Chavez 1.2 seconds even after his disgusting UN rant and puts him below Bill for WPOTD. Sheeeeesh!

    I posted this already but I'm shameless.
    Why I peek at Olby & the Nutroots
    A horse taking a dump in the middle of a county road is compelling for a city slicker on a leaf peeping tour, but after the first minute of silly intrigue turns into embarrassment for watching, they drive around the pile while holding their nose, but giggle at the next pile.

    I'm just a city slicker at heart I guess!
    Love Olbermanwath!

    I applaud Mr. Ahmedinejad for his intellect and his logic.

    It takes unparalleled genius for him to say, "It is a myth that there was a mass killing of Jews during WWII. And now on a totally different topic: I'm calling for the mass killing of Jews in Israel"

    If we're broadening the topic to hottest news babe on cable news I'm surprised Riverdog hasn't nominated Ron Reagan.

    Sorry Cecelia I don't date outside my race... I mean the human race that is. I voted soundly for Harris Faulkner. I know she was not one of the choices but I could not resist.
    I presume you are referring to that little ambiguous, androgenous person who helps Chris Matthews out on Hardball? Now why would you assume that I would pick the little Reagan lad?
    I certainly don't do boys and I most certainly don't do liberals. Who knows what diseases they might be carrying?

    Damn, Riverdog you're funny.

    ya know I say that same thing to myself everytime I look in the mirror but then I start tapping away on the keyboard and I start taking myself seriously again. I made the mistake a long time ago of trying to blend conservative thought with Tom Robbins sarcasm.
    I came to the conclusion that if you cross conservatism with phychedelic wit you get a person who will piss you off and not really care, but they will piss you off with a smile on their face. I hope that you are not angry at me for our little disagreement before but I am still happy either way.

    Riverdog,

    Don't worry about it. O'Lielly knows you cannot possibly be as insane as the posts ...he...has written...

    oh sure! come crawling back now after hurting my little feelings by insinuating that i would ichh-gag-sputter actually vote for Ron Reagan.ewwwwww.
    he is only one notch down on my creepy meter from olbermann ... but he is 2-3 clicks below Musto tho. I reiterate ewwwwwwwwwwww.

    **The CIA broke all 14 top Al Qaeda leaders.
    **Many of the 14 broke just from sound and light or temperature manipulation.

    Sounds like waterboarding wasn't necessary.

    Is this the plot to "bomb LA"? I think that refers to the Millenium Bomber.
    >>>Late in the afternoon of December 14, Ressam arrived in Port Angeles. He waited for all the other cars to depart the ferry, assuming (incorrectly) that the last car off would draw less scrutiny. Customs officers assigned to the port, noticing Ressam’s nervousness, referred him to secondary inspection. When asked for additional identification, Ressam handed the Customs agent a Price Costco membership card in the same false name as his passport. As that agent began an initial pat-down, Ressam panicked and tried to run away.<<<<<

    The only reason they caught the guy was because an alert customs officer noticed the guy was nervous. Sorry, no tips from the CIA or torture involved. Sounds like Brian Ross drank some of that "Path to 9-11" Kool-Aid.

    Public opinion on torture.

    Americans opposed to Bush detainee policy.An NYT/CBS News poll released tonight shows that 63 percent of Americans believe the U.S. should follow international agreements on detainee treatment (v. 32 percent who think the U.S. should “do what it thinks right, regardless of what other nations think”). Also, 56 percent say torture is never justified, while 35 percent say sometimes it is.

    Howdy thirty-two percenters!

    > Sounds like Brian Ross drank some of that "Path to 9-11" Kool-Aid.

    Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about, because the Millennium plot was before Bush even took office. Ross was talking about the interrogation techniques used on the 14 AQ bigshots who were recently transferred to Cuba. And the plot was not the Millennium plot, it was a plot to bomb Liberty Tower.

    If you don't know what you're talking about, you just might be an OlbyLoon!

    After Countdown finished there was a definite smell of Sulfur in my living room. What could that possibly mean?

    It is interesting to note The Dog That Didn't Bark -- or rather, the Venezuelan Moonbat That Didn't Bark -- on Wednesday's "Countdown". Keith had Hugo in the No. 3 spot as Worst Person In the World, but kept mention of his U.N. appearance to an absolute minimum, when you would think at least a full segment on the man who just delivered his own "special comment" to Mister Bush would be warranted.

    Of course, as Olbermann and his producers no doubt noted, having Hugo's rant sound basically like Keith's Monday "special comment" -- only in a foreign language and on steriods -- might not come across to well with anyone other than the Kos and DU types who think Chavez really stuck it to ol' Bubba Beelzebub with his tirade.

    I suppose having him listed as No. 3 WPIW is better than nothing, and I'm sure some of Keith's fans are hurt and angry that he would have put Hugo on the WPIW list with Bill O'Reilly at all, but it does show at least a glimmer of self-awareness in Secaucus that there's only so far you can push the attacks on the president before you drift from Howard Beale territory (who Keith doesn't seem to mind being compared with) to the commandante from Woody Allen's "Bananas" who was ordering everyone all children to be 16 years and everyone else to wear their underware on the outside of their clothes.

    Howdy thirty-two percenters!
    *******************************
    If theres another attack see how quickly those numbers change...if you can believe a NYT/CBS News poll to begin with.

    ..."#2: The space shuttle (more recycled reporting from the network mothership), Steve Irwin, Peter Gammonds (with clips from Olby's low-rated radio show because Gammonds praised Countdown). #1: Ludicrous animal videos and breaking ostrich news."...

    Wait, Kieth has a radio show? you must be joking. How long has this been going on? what network? What time? I've gotta hear this...

    Riverdog said, "I certainly don't do boys and I most certainly don't do liberals. Who knows what diseases they might be carrying?"

    The liberals have been massively infected with "bleeding heart" syndrome.

    Olbermann doesn't have his own radio show. He is on Dan Patrick's radio show for one hour a day on ESPN radio (2 pm Eastern time). That is, when he actually shows up.

    He started back with ESPN radio in August 2006. Then he appeared for one hour a day on Friday's. Around the end of November/beginning of December 2005, he announced that he would be appearing one hour a day, five days a week.

    In general, it's not a bad show. Having KO balanced out with Patrick makes it better. Plus, he doesn't call all the shots as it is not his show. Patrick seems to have a bit of fun picking on Olbermann's "liberal apologist" persona.

    Politics and society issues are mentioned, but amazingly the sports show talks about sports too. In this co-host capacity, I will say that KO is actually tolerable and interesting at times.

    For channels in your area, check here:

    http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/affiliatebyshow?show=DP

    You can also hear it live online using ESPN's player.

    Is it my imagination, or has the Dimbulbermann simply melted down mentally? He has the most hilarious tan I have ever seen, he talks like he has a huge meathook wedged up his backside, and all he can do is interview "Dana" Milbank.

    Dana? Who names a boy "Dana"?

    My God, MSNBC must be sickened having this ratings loser on every night, beaten to a pulp by Nancy Grace and Emeril Live.

    A slight clarification of J$'s plot locale--The building in LA that was in to be attacked is called the Library Tower (not Liberty Tower). For those of you who are movie buffs, it's the same building the aliens destroyed in 'Independence Day'.


    Riverdog,, no I meant your were funny.. like Joe Pesci was talking about being in the movie " Casino" where he was wondering if someone was making fun of him and he was not smart enough to realize it.

    "why is it OK for Krazy Keith to crack wise about killing Bill O'Reilly? No, the intended victim becomes the "worst person"."

    Maybe because it is unbelievable that al Qaida is even aware of Bill. It is just Bill making himself more important than he already is - in his own mind that is.

    ya know what they say O'lie: those who live in glass houses should have sex in the basement...or is it not throw stones? I forget exactly how that one goes.
    I guess I am smart enought to know that Olbernnutjob is a true one sided PCP who is blatantly bias and in his miniscule way trying to sway the elections for the democrats . I know that I am at least as smart as some of my less euridite and well versed critcs here. Take you foe example O'lie , you seem pretty out there dude. You ask if we could possibly believe that you believe some of the lunacy you write here. Well I am a believer. I think that you have gotten to the point that you DO believe your ramblings and worse than that sometimes, more often than not actually, you belive what Olbemann spoon feeds you. Why else would you post here? Why else would you come her and try to defend the indefensible Olby? Why else would you spout off on a site like this your obvious devotion to an avowed anti American socialist like Chomsky? Zinn- pffft. Tha's like being crazy and then telling everyone about it. You get past the point of just being crazy, you get to the point of being crazy and now everyone knows it.
    There is an old saying about the fact that is better to be an idiot and keep quiet than open your mouth and prove it to the world. Well I admit I am guilty of that quite often myself but compared to champions like you and Olby I am just a mere ameteur.
    Which brings me to my final question. I may never know if the Olby-loon really believes the insanity and drivel he preaches because he doen't take questions to his self induced moral superiority but I can ask you- do you really believe even half the PCP BS you actually write or is it mostly that the voices in your head that summon you to carry on?

    I don’t care what political party you belong to or if you support or hate the president if it’s your concern (as it is Oblys) that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed hasn’t “even been allowed to contact his family”. You have a SERIOUS problem. The lady waving the flag on the top story of the World Trade Center hasn’t been able to contact her family either. !

    If you think as Olby does I beg of you, take a good long look at your thinking. Think what you want about “this or that” but an animal like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed give up all his rights when he plotted and planned the KILLING OF 3,000 innocent human beings.


    So the NYT/CBS run a poll that asks "do you believe that the U.S. should follow international agreements on detainee treatment or do what it thinks right, regardless of what other nations think" and "is torture ever justified or not".

    Gee, those sound like really neutral questions! Talk about a PUSH POLL.

    We live in a country where most people cannot name a single justice on the Supreme Court, their own Congressman or Senators or the capital of a foreign country but somehow a poll of the general population is supposed to tell us something about how to interpret international treaties?

    Why not ask "are you familiar with the terms of international agreement signed by the U.S. regarding detainee treatment?" and if the answer is "yes" then get their opinion on how they should be implemented in the U.S.

    Even better rephrase those questions to ask something like:

    If we captured Osama bin Laden should we use any means necessary to get information from him about al Qaeda and any planned attacks? I think you might get a different result.

    Or how about asking "do you think playing loud music constitutes torture?"

    That poll is utterly meaningless; I could easily produce a poll with the exact opposite results - supporting the Bush position.

    Letter to Dan...folks last night took the cake. Write Dan and write advertisers this Olbermann freak has CROSSED THE LINE ! He say more crazy stuff then what I read on the Fruitcake blogs.

    Dan

    I don't know if you still read your emails, but....

    I don’t care what political party you belong to or if you support or hate the president if it’s your concern as it is Olbermanns that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed hasn’t “even been allowed to contact his family”. You have a SERIOUS problem. And your network has a Serious problem. Dan the lady waving the flag on the top story of the World Trade Center hasn’t been able to contact her family either. !

    If you Dan think as Olbermann does I beg of you, take a good long look at your thinking. Think what you want about “this or that” but an animal like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed give up all his rights when he plotted and planned the KILLING OF 3,000 innocent human beings.

    Dan having watched you I know you are a reasonable thinker. You understand the right of free speech, but you also must remember that “unreasonable” free speech is harmful to this nation and it sure the hell isn’t doing anything for your ratings.

    Thanks for your time

    Brian

    Lookee here:

    CABLE NEWS RACE
    TUES. SEPT 19, 2006
    VIEWERS

    FOXNEWS O'REILLY 1,932,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1,405,000
    FNC HANNITY/COLMES 1,396,000
    FNC BRIT HUME 1,381,000
    FNC GRETA 1,284,000
    CNN WOLF BLITZER 912,000
    CNN LOU DOBBS 848,000
    CNN COOPER 790,000
    CNN ZAHN 783,000
    CNNHN GRACE 770,000
    CNN KING 706,000
    MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 444,000
    MSNBC OLBERMANN 444,000
    CNNHN BECK 425,000
    MSNBC HARDBALL 413,000

    Now Beck and Scarborough are catching Olby! I can't believe the "Air America" business model hasn't worked for Countdown!

    If the ratings get worse, will Keith pretend he is in danger of going off the air to sucker lefty viewers? Good old Danny Abrams must be brain damaged.

    I just watched the msnbc.com feed of WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD! Poor Olberboob just can't tell the truth....

    Billo's book is not out until 9/25 and where was Olberfool's prime time expose? 20/20 may not be my favorite way to spend my Friday night time, but at least O'Reilly is taken seriously BY OTHER NETWORKS! Olbertwit's highest exposure was on his own network's morning show - thanks for the favor!

    Ratings (almost 5x the viewers), 20/20 spot for the new book, better guests (Bush, Cheney, Rice, even Reverend Al), and now we'll see Olberdildo eat crow when CULTURE WARRIOR eventually does better than the book.

    Olberhater just can't help himself. His argument that O'Reilly's woory about Al Queda is misplaced has no factual rebuttal and is so hypocritical. Olbersnit has been so indignant about such flippant violent comments from Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly. I wonder if his psychosis is getting worse!!!!


    He, or a PR agent, already has KfK. After his first rant on the air two weeks ago, similarly worded posts appeared at liberal blogs & websites urging readers to "help keep Keith" on the air, and contained the contact numbers for everyone and his brother at MSNBC & NBC-Universal. Most of them also helpfully contained links to Keith's book at Amazon and urged folks to buy soon and buy often. I think he's setting himself so that when MSNBC pulls the plug on his crazy ass that he can claim he was ousted for his "liberal" leanings--you know, the same ones he denies he has because he's not "politically involved."

    Hey guys

    Is there a web site like this where we can go "hate on" Wolf Blitzer. He is like Obly brother man ! If there isn't a site LETS START ONE.

    I just got to catch the first 10 minutes of countdown yesterday so that is all I can comment on.

    Are you actually trying to dispute the fact that torture does not work? Are you actually trying to dispute that we had raised alerts around this country based on false information that came out of torture? Are you trying to dispute that we sent an innocent person to Syria to torture him and then he offered up a false confession because of the pain brought on to him?

    Now you used one, only one example, of when or if torture ever actually worked. Do you have a source for this? I did not watch the ABC special so maybe you can post some kind of summary?

    Let me ask you one more question and I'll like to offer this question to Robert Cox also as I think he will offer up a more logical response. Do you think that if I take either one of you, strap 120 volts of ac to your testicles, crank up the power, and ask you are you invloved with Al Queda what will you respond with? No? Then what if I crank that up to 220 volts? You say no? Then I crank that up even higher. You don't think that eventually you will say yes and even start pulling random names out of your asses to back up your confession?

    Kfk, I don't know if you noticed but Scarborough has actually been moving drastically to the left (or at least advertising his show that way).

    Also, I don't actually understand how any of you can question the credibility of Olbermann because he doesn't get nearly the amount of viewers as O'Reilly. You guys do realize that Fox News is so cheap for cable companies to broadcast it is the network that is available on more cable companies than any other news network. Second comes CNN and then MSNBC.

    > Are you actually trying to dispute the fact that torture does not work?

    No, I am actually trying to dispute Olbermann's lie that the "unanimous" opinion of experts is that it never works. Because, as Brian Ross's reporting proved, ALL 14 TOP AL QAEDAS were broken by aggressive interrogation techniques. ALL 14!!! Olbermann has never reported this because he wants to stick by his propaganda that it "never" works.

    > Now you used one, only one example, of when or if torture ever actually worked.

    Wrong. I used 14, a total of 14, examples of people who were broken by aggressive questioning and gave information that proved to be correct, true, and valuable. This isn't me saying it, it's ABC News and Brian Ross.

    > maybe you can post some kind of summary?

    See the bullet points in the article. That's what we in the blogging business call some kind of summary.

    > even start pulling random names out of your asses to back up your confession?

    Nobody ever claimed it always works (though your 220 volts example is ludicrous because it has no connection with any techniques that have been used). Nobody says it is infallible or that false information never comes out. The point is that Olby falsely said it never works, even as there are 14 examples of where it has, and just recently. And KO's claim that his view is the "unanimous" view is just another Olbermann lie.

    > I just got to catch the first 10 minutes of countdown yesterday so that is all I can comment on.

    Well, that conveniently releases you from having to explain away Olbermann's latest lie about O'Reilly.

    I didn't read the above but what about the nutcase former CIA guy saying we should show our kinder, gentler side to terrorists - yeah - then the'll talk freely, maybe ask some questions about how they oil their AK47s, if they inhale dust while planting their ropadside bombs. Only on MessNBC

    Then Opie telling the world we can't get information from terrorists - and Brian Ross of ABC News on O'Reilly telling O'Reilly directly we DID get infor from waterboarding and definately saved lives.

    Credibility - Brian Ross or the 10 jobs in 20 years sportcaster.

    Talk about torture - the easy way to get Opie to crack - and tell us all about his e-mail affairs, and everything he does is to gain ratings for himself, - would be to have someone set up on his program, a typical "programmed" guest, who breaks and disagrees with Opie's looney premises - and makes a (bigger) fool of him. I could see Opie diving for cover under his desk - providing all the e-mail addresses in 10 minutes and yelling -"I admit - all my rants are for ratings, all my rants are for ratings, I'm desperate and failing"

    Arbams gots alot of slpainin to do

    In all seriousness, I wonder why Olby had The Hamster on his show. He probably has about 98% name saturation on FDL and DKos already. Problem is, the Kossacks must be hitting the hookah pipe or burning Amrican flags instead of watching Olby, as evidenced by the thrashing Nancy Grace and Paula Zahn are giving him every night. I just wonder, what would an appearance by one of the gatekeepers at the insane asylum do to increase ratings?

    He did it in order to run out the clock, so he didn't have to do more than a cursory comment on the actual big story of the day, Chavez's Olbermann-like comments at the United Nations. Now that Rangel and Pelosi have attacked Hugo's remarks and given Keith some cover, he might do a little bit more tonight than just a brief mention in the No. 3 WPIW spot (though I'm sure he's not going to replay Hugo's comments, since the similarity to Keith's "special comments" would become all too apparent).

    Also, Fox News passed CNN in the ratings well before Fox reached parity with then in terms of number of cable systems carrying the service. Remember, Time-Warner owns CNN and they fought putting Fox on their cable systems like a kid trying to avoid a trip to the dentist, while MSNBC had more cable systems at start-up 10 years ago than Fox did at the same time. But that ration changed far more quickly due to Fox's better ability to target an underserved market, and MSNBC's total ineptness in figuring out how to differentiate itself from CNN or the network news divisions.

    I was wondering why Olbermann attacked Chavez as WPITW! Seems the DNC sent out a memo saying it was a good idea to attack poor Hugo. Even the grotesque Barbara Boxer and pathetic Charlie Rangel are attacking Chavez. I guess the lefty strategists thought the similarities between Chavez and the Democrat party would not help them in the mid-term elections.

    Unfortunately, American leftists have fostered the hostility we see from leaders like Chavez. The constant complaints and criticism from Boxer, Reid et al. are a sign of internal strife and these Marxist and fascist clowns think they can waltz in and insult the US President on his own soil while being cheered. Nice job lefties!

    >> No, I am actually trying to dispute Olbermann's lie that the "unanimous" opinion of experts is that it never works. Because, as Brian Ross's reporting proved, ALL 14 TOP AL QAEDAS were broken by aggressive interrogation techniques. ALL 14!!! Olbermann has never reported this because he wants to stick by his propaganda that it "never" works.

    I would like to see evidance of it actually working, you have to understand why I don't trust something the Bush administration releases. Saying ABC reported this and that and this guy said this and that is not evidance.

    >> Nobody ever claimed it always works (though your 220 volts example is ludicrous because it has no connection with any techniques that have been used).

    Look up Abu Ghraib Prison. Yes, I know, you'll feed me the bullshit this was just a couple bad apples.

    But I like the fact you said nobody is claiming it always works. So let me ask you this, how do you differenciate between someone telling the truth and someone not telling the truth because of the pain brought on to them?

    Are you also trying to justify the fact that we should allow torturing innocent people as has happened in the past? Because supporting torture along with all the other unjust laws I'm guessing you support (regarding secret prisons) this will continue to happen. But I guess as long as it is not you nor your family nor any white people being tortured in the name of freedom you don't give a rats ass.

    >>

    Well, that conveniently releases you from having to explain away Olbermann's latest lie about O'Reilly.

    --------------

    I'll read up on what you said and get back to you, for some reason I smell bullshit (I could be wrong).

    KfK you are right, how does anyone dare, in a democracy, say anything bad about their president??? The moral right wing never ever did this to Clinton when he was in power. They love America too much. Right?

    KfK, Olbmermann was more ingenious than pols Rangel and Pelosi by still playing to the blue blogs by distancing himself from Chavez via a slap at Pat Robertson.

    But you have to give Chavez hero, Noam Chomsky, respect for not even bothering.

    Chomsky and Nader-- too cool for their ideological soulmates...

    KfK you are right, how does anyone dare, in a democracy, say anything bad about their president??? The moral right wing never ever did this to Clinton when he was in power. They love America too much. Right?

    Johnny, regarding the oreilly thing. The book did just get released to be preorded and is infact in the position that Olbermann said. The reason I don't like to comment on something I didn't watch is because I can't say for sure that you aren't just quoting out of your ass and changing one word of what he said could mean he lied.

    If your transcript is accurate he is slightly wrong. The book is not due to be released for another day but did just get released to be pre-ordered on amazon.

    Do you see how ridicilous your attempts at trying to discredit Olbermann are? You will pull out the most trivial point and use that as some great trophy to add to your wall. This is the second time I caught you doing this in a week and I hardly ever read everything you have to say; if I went through everything you post I gurantee you I could find more.

    One more thing Johnny, I like the fact ABC said (or more like the biased source you quoted who quoted ABC) that its a perfect 14/14. Yet, you just admitted there were times it hasn't worked. So please explain to me, how is this is a perfect 14/14???

    Skeptical,

    We never had the need. Hugo Chavez most likely LOVED Clinton...

    All right Skep, let's see if you know what you're talking about, or if you're an OlbyLoon.

    > The book did just get released to be preorded

    The book has been available for preorders for weeks. We've been noting its position here from time to time. So it didn't "just get released to be preordered".

    > I can't say for sure that you aren't just quoting out of your ass

    I challenge you to produce one quote from Olby that I have ever put up that is "out of my ass". You have all those nice transcripts on MSNBC.com to compare with. So put up or shut up.

    > If your transcript is accurate he is slightly wrong.

    Slightly wrong? Like slightly pregnant? Either he's right or he's wrong. He's wrong.

    > The book is not due to be released for another day...

    False again. The release date is Sept 25.

    > ...but did just get released to be pre-ordered on amazon.

    See above. This is also false. Your batting average isn't too hot here, skep.

    > You will pull out the most trivial point...

    That's the typical Olbypologist at work. Catch Olby in a lie and it doesn't matter, because it's trivial. Hey, Skep, Olby used it to name his WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD! I didn't make that up, he did. He put it out on national television as fact, and he lied about it. If it was so trivial, why did he say it at all, and for that matter, if he'll lie about something so trivial, what does that say about all his other lies?

    Sorry, Skep. If you don't know what you're talking about, you just might be an OlbyLoon.

    > I like the fact ABC said (or more like the biased source you quoted who quoted ABC) that its a perfect 14/14. Yet, you just admitted there were times it hasn't worked. So please explain to me, how is this is a perfect 14/14???

    I like the fact that you still don't know what you are talking about. There was no "biased source who quoted ABC". It was Brian Ross, ABC's investigative reporter, talking. Get that? It was HIS reporting, and HIM speaking.

    "Perfect 14/14"? Aha, another OlbyQuote, making up something that wasn't said. As I pointed out, all 14 top AQs were broken with this questioning. As a result that got good information that proved out to be true, and were able to intercept about a DOZEN planned murder plots. Get that, Skep? A DOZEN.

    I didn't "admit" there are times when the information doesn't pan out, because I never DENIED that in the first place. Like tips that come in to the police department, some pan out, some don't. But of the ones that panned out here, they led to further arrests of top AQs, and disrupted about a dozen ongoing attacks, including one on the Library Tower in LA.

    So you tell me, how does all of that square with Herr Olbermann's insistence that torture never works, it's useless, etc? And explain why Herr Olbermann refuses to report any of this information, other than the obvious reason that it doesn't fit his propaganda?

    If you don't know what you're talking about, you just might be an OlbyLoon.

    Yeah you never said 14/14 but the source you pointed to did:

    http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/#197610

    Since you are using that source as a backup for your entry it is your duty to defend the accuracy of it. If you aren't willing to do that remove the source.

    >> The book has been available for preorders for weeks.

    Where did Olbermann say it wasn't availble to preorder for weeks. He said just released, this could mean weeks. But see, I am using your way of arguing. I admit he was wrong on that one point, wether he mispoke and meant to say its just been made available on the amazon web site to preorder or if he really did mean to say it has just been published. The problem is this has nothing to do with his point. The point of what he said was his book is doing better than O'Reilly's book, that is 100% accurate.

    You try to find small holes in what he says ignoring that main point of what he is saying, which usually tends to be accurate.

    And did you just call me an Oblyloon (or whatever the hell you gusy say) for saying a point is minor? Didn't you say the exact same thing to me about your entry saying "olbermann implied that it wasn't a coincidence that Allen propsed an identical bill as Durbin"? You said this was a minor point and I was pratically an idiot for bringing it up. Go reread that exchange for me.

    Also, I did just read the transcript and I love you saying the only reason Olbermann made Chavez worst person in the world is because he wanted to attack Pat Robertson. I don't understand your logic. Wouldn't he put Robertson on there instead?

    And last, I didn't see where he made a joke about killing O'Reilly, care to quote that for me?

    > Yeah you never said 14/14 but the source you pointed to did:
    http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/#197610

    Skep, you are getting more and more irrational. I didn't link to the site or recommend it. Mr Cox updated my post with sites that LINKED to this article. He does this regularly, including links that agree with our articles and links that DISagree with them. So I have nothing to do with that source and never even visited that website until just this minute.

    > He said just released

    Right. He lied. He bragged that his book has been on sale for weeks, and O'Reilly's is just out, but Olby's book is still higher than Bill's. His whole point was based on a lie: O'Reilly's book hasn't been released and WON'T BE UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Of course a book that is on store shelves will do better than one that isn't. But that wasn't good enough for the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann. He had to LIE to claim that O'Reilly's book was already on sale, otherwise his "point" would be seen for what it was, an insipid, pointless nothing.

    This isn't the first time he's done that, like the time he lied about what he said to Craig Ferguson so that he could lie that John Gibson misquoted him. Yes, I know, another "small point". But Olbermann lies come in all sizes: large, medium, and small.

    > Wouldn't he put Robertson on there instead?

    Why? What did Robertson say yesterday that would give Olby an excuse to bring him up? Oh, nothing? Well, then let's throw his name in for NO REASON!

    > I didn't see where he made a joke about killing O'Reilly

    Then you take him seriously when he says being on an Al Qaeda death list makes the person ON the list evil, but not the one threatening to kill him? OK, you may be right there. Herr Olbermann is just sick and twisted enough to agree with you on that.

    If you don't know what you're talking about, you just might be an OlbyLoon.

    As Biggest Oberloon elect, I'd like to clear up a few points.

    First, J$, you heard all this about the 14 torturee's and the 12 murder plots that were directly averted because of this torture where exactly? I can't find your source. You saw it somewhere on tv from Brian Ross? How would he know that, and is it more reliable than his reports of several deaths that we have caused through torture?

    Second, are you saying that "breaking" someone (which apparently has never NOT happened with the water torture and almost always happens with hypothermia torture and stress position and sleep torture (Jesus broke under stress position torture) is equivalent to accomplishing something positive?

    I can't agree with Olbermann if he implied that torture never accomplishes anything. Of course it does. The question is what, and whether what it accomplishes is worth the long term moral and practical price we pay. This is ultimately a moral struggle, and to win it we need to stay as distinct as possible from our heartless enemies. Can you name torturing regimes that have not ultimately failed or essentially destroyed their societies? I can imagine a few particular scenarios where one would want to use torture. I cannot imagine a scenario where one would want to enshrine it as a principle in law.

    Erie, don't count your votes before they are hatched. I must just have to write in Skep's name at the rate he's going.

    Brian Ross's report aired on ABC. He was interviewed by O'Reilly last night and gave specifics that I summarized. He knows all this from the same sources who told him about the CIA secret prisons. Some of these sources were OPPOSED to this form of interrogation and were talking to him about it for that reason. But even they admitted that it did work.

    If you think keeping KSM comfortable with Mozart for Babies playing in the background is more important than preventing twelve terror attacks with thousands of innocent people dead, that is a tradeoff you are free to accept. The point I was making is that Olbermann, by putting forward the false claim that the "unanimous" view is that "torture" never works, and carefully screening what news he presents so as never to report items like these that go against his "unanimous" view, is not reporting the news. It's propaganda, carefully cherry-picked so as to suit his agenda. It's why we call it The Hour of Spin.

    Well, Johnny what can you say about a guy who thinks Zbigniew Brzezinski was a neocon...


    >>>>>And the plot was not the Millennium plot, it was a plot to bomb Liberty Tower.>>>>

    Ummm... Johnny, I'm gonna give you a pass and assume you know that was the Library Tower not Liberty Tower.

    From the WaPo

    >>>>Counterterrorism officials have cautioned that while Mohammed appears to be cooperating with interrogators, the debriefing is still in its early stages, and he could be trying to mislead them, either by providing false information or limiting what he tells interrogators to information he believes they already know. Indeed, sources said, Mohammed's description of some of Moussaoui's activities conform with what other captives have said.

    Mohammed also might be trying to aid Moussaoui, who has refused to cooperate with investigators.


    If you look at the coverage of KSM in relation to Moussaoui, they couldn't tell whether KSM was lieing or telling the truth. So much for torture. He pretty much told them what they wanted to hear so whaddya know? Torture works!

    > they couldn't tell whether KSM was lieing or telling the truth

    Wake up, anon. I'm not talking about some old report from the Post. I'm talking about Brian Ross's most recent reporting for ABC, where he states quite clearly that KSM's information proved to be TRUE, that it led to further arrests, and interrupted plots.

    Now if you want to call Brian Ross and ABC liars, you can do so. But Ross says he is convinced that the KSM information was true, correct, valuable, and saved lives. And it proves that Olbermann's statement that torture never works and that is a "unanimous" viewpoint is just another Olbermann lie.

    Speaking of book rankings.....

    From Olberturd, COUNTDOWN 9/20:

    "The count and amount from Amazon, this one has already been out for like two weeks and it‘s pretty much old news, No. 70 on the sales list. Bill-O‘s book just out, No. 119"

    Ah, Olberscum should also check out BARNES & NOBLE.....

    Bill O'Reilly CULTURE WARRIOR B&N rank #41
    Olbermann THE WORST PERSON... B&N rank #1343

    Hello?

    And I think I like the reader's ranking of Olbersnit's crap better..... 2.5/5.0.....ech.

    If Olberputz wants to check out how Barnes & Noble has his book, he can go here:

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780470044957&itm=1

    Oh, and did he make the NYT list? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens to Bill-O's book with regard to that one.

    "If you think keeping KSM comfortable with Mozart for Babies playing in the background is more important than preventing twelve terror attacks with thousands of innocent people dead, that is a tradeoff you are free to accept."

    And that is a bait and switch you are free to make. I can't even begin to tell you everything wrong with it, and if I did, you would fall back on your dangerous obsession as your escape hatch. Your documentation-- that 12 terror attacks were prevented by torture saving thousands of people's lives that otherwise would be dead today --is a wild extrapolation of your own summation of what you heard a reporter say on TV about his anonymous leaks.

    Then you go on to assume that the only way you ccould possibly prevent those terrorist attacks is to torture people, despite obvious evidence to the contrary (buffalo, millenium, liquids on a plane).
    As for Olbermann, that is always the escape hatch on this site. That is the very reason for this site. Attack a person rather than a concept so you can vaguely put forth an argument without having to actually discuss it. "My only point is that Olbermann is a very bad man."

    > Your documentation-- that 12 terror attacks were prevented by torture saving thousands of people's lives that otherwise would be dead today --is a wild extrapolation of your own summation...

    That IS what Brian Ross reported. Twelve terror attacks disrupted; the one involving the Library Tower alone could have killed thousands of innocents had it not been disrupted. For you to deny that is what he reported, and claim that it's some "wild extrapolation" on my part, makes you either a fool or a liar. And I doubt you are a fool.

    Johnny writes:

    "And I doubt you are a fool."

    Why?

    I dunno. It sounded good at the time.

    J$, you watch too much tv, and you do extrapolate here.

    To say "anonymous sources told me that they got valuable information that assisted in preventing attacks" is not the same as saying "torture prevented the attacks, where nothing else could have." You assume, where he does not say, that without the torture those people would be dead. That is an unwarranted inference, especially in light of the point that every other plot has also been foiled without resorting to torture. Except of course the biggie, which would not have needed torture but simply mild vigilence to prevent.

    As to how I could be a "liar," I simply don't understand you.

    I'll save you the trouble:

    "As to how I could be a "liar," I simply don't understand you."

    That's because you've changed your mind. I am a fool.

    > without the torture those people would be dead.

    I know what Ross said, but I'll play along with your feeble claim for purposes of this discussion. Assume for the sake of argument that we don't know that it was the "torture", and only the "torture", that saved lives. How exactly does that change the fact that Olbermann made a claim (torture never works, the information obtained from it useless) that is demonstrably false?

    "I know what Ross said, but I'll play along with your feeble claim for purposes of this discussion."

    Thanks.

    "Assume for the sake of argument that we don't know that it was the "torture", and only the "torture", that saved lives."

    You are as priceless as your name. Let's also assume that because it is a simply an obviously, 100% true, dead certain statement.

    "How exactly does that change the fact that Olbermann made a claim (torture never works, the information obtained from it useless) that is demonstrably false?"

    Well, my only source for that claim is your summary which is usually not quite accurate. But beyond that, the first does not change the "fact" of the second one way or the other. As I said before;

    "I can't agree with Olbermann if he implied that torture never accomplishes anything. Of course it does."

    So if you want to leave your point in TV land, I've no problem or disagreement. If you think that somehow bears on the morality and ultimate effectiveness of enshrining torture in our laws, which is the real life question here, I've something to say.

    Isn't your tv show coming on soon?

    > Well, my only source for that claim is your summary which is usually not quite accurate.

    This is why you are the leading vote-getter in the OlbyLoon department. My summaries are "usually not quite accurate"? Such as? I laid a challenge earlier for someone to find one time when I ever put up an inaccurate quote from infamous, deplorable. I'm still waiting for that guy to back up his statement. Now you come up with another cheap shot about my summaries not being accurate. Prove it.

    Skeptical typed: "KfK you are right, how does anyone dare, in a democracy, say anything bad about their president?"

    The vitriol from American leftists has been extreme. Chavez sees this and takes his cues from them. As Cecilia noted, BJ Bill was loved by foreigners because he was a snivelling sycophant. For example, he did NOTHING about terrorism.

    Bush is hated because he asserts himself with these commie monsters and dictators. You lefties keep chanting and braying for Hugo Chavez while wearing "Che" t-shirts -- it makes you look really good.

    I'm gonna let you all in on a little secret...so listen up.

    In War, torture on some level will ALWAYS occur by all sides. Period.

    Pass all the laws/conventions/resolutions that you want, it will still happen. War IS War.

    If you can legally bomb the shit out of someone...then you can't possibly think that you can prohibit some less injurious action (torture).

    Give up the P.C. bullshit.

    you have to understand that most of these people especially whiners like Olbermann consider "torture" not getting their NY Times in the morning and having to use regualar gasoline in their beemers instead of premium. They have no concept of what goes on in war zones. Intelligence gathering to them is watching the news not trying to coerce some insurgent into revealing where the next attack is coming from or where American POW's are being held. And as usual they are much more concerned with getting some terrorist scared and wet with "waterboarding" than having US soldiers heads cut off and their bodies dragged thru the streets. And they wonder why American citizens ask the liberal media whose side they are on.

    "find one time when I ever put up an inaccurate quote from infamous, deplorable."

    Is that the only way to be inaccurate? Here, let me summarize your writeup and see if you think it is accurate:

    "Johnny Dollar, sounding for all the world like a thin skin of phoney rhetorical bluster stretched over a vast, resonant gulf of ennui, tried once again to convince us that torture is both Godly, Christian and the very best way to prevent terrorists from making him wet his pants. He states "The CIA broke all 14 top Al Qaeda leaders, including KSM, using coercive techniques." Cool! They were "broken." What's next? Torturing puppies and infants so they don't poop in the wrong place? Maybe we can submerge Spot in a vat of icewater, while little Timmy Tinkles is forced to believe mommy will execute him by drowning if he doesn't go in the toilet!! That is the kind of think you can expect from the man who's girlfriend is 14 years old"

    There you go. It isn't a very accurate reflection of your arguments, is just barely relevant to the matter at hand, and uses your words flawlessly.

    Truth be told, if you felt comfortable making arguments, you would just make them. You wouldn't hide behind a phoney summary of a TV show and then retreat to say your only goal in life is to show that Olbermann made a technically false statement, on par with me "lying" by saying "no one wears bowler hats these days."

    In one paragraph, Eerie purports to give a not very accurate reflection of my "arguments". In the very next sentence, he claims I don't make arguments because I don't feel "comfortable" doing so.

    Eerie wants so badly to take me on, but not about the distortions and lies of Keith Olbermann. He wants to challenge "arguments" that I never made. Well this site is Olbermann Watch; it's not a stupid debating society. If you want to rail about your hyper-partisan talking points be my guest. When you're ready to defend Man on Fan Olbermann, cable news's greatest demagogue, let me know.

    "In the very next sentence, he claims I don't make arguments because I don't feel "comfortable" doing so."

    There are your standards for accuracy again. Where do I claim you don't make arguments? You most certainly do. Your whole schtick is an argument. You just can't do it openly because, my guess, you are uncomfortable with yourself and have to have a straw character who isn't going to respond to buffer the matter. You'd think you would take care to at least be technically accurate when that is the subject at hand.

    Here you go J$: Olbermann has made technically false statements before and will do so in the future. And there really are some people who wear bowler hats. Let that be the legacy of your interminable hours of nitpickery.

    Keith is the only news anchor who isn't afraid to tell it like it is and I love him for it !!!
    He is not only a great writer of his own copy, but also delivers those fantastic zingers w/ style, timing and elan. Keep up the good work, buddy. Don't let the bastards get you down.

    Keith is the only news anchor who isn't afraid to tell it like it is and I love him for it !!!
    He is not only a great writer of his own copy, but also delivers those fantastic zingers w/ style, timing and elan. Keep up the good work, buddy. Don't let the bastards get you down.

    Keith Olbermann is my hero. He's the only one I see right now with the courage, intelligence, and education to fight the propaganda being spread.

    Thank God for Bill Clinton. You've been taught to hate him, but this country was a much better place when he was in charge. People actually had jobs that paid decent wages.

    Maybe you all are too young to remember life before the lies and bull of the Republicans. Maybe you prefer the lifestyle of gangsters. But as you get older and more experienced, you will see that life is too short to be filled with other people's garbage.

    Keith Olbermann is my hero. He's the only one I see right now with the courage, intelligence, and education to fight the propaganda being spread.

    Thank God for Bill Clinton. You've been taught to hate him, but this country was a much better place when he was in charge. People actually had jobs that paid decent wages.

    Maybe you all are too young to remember life before the lies and bull of the Republicans. Maybe you prefer the lifestyle of gangsters. But as you get older and more experienced, you will see that life is too short to be filled with other people's garbage.

    Keith Olbermann is my hero. He's the only one I see right now with the courage, intelligence, and education to fight the propaganda being spread.

    Thank God for Bill Clinton. You've been taught to hate him, but this country was a much better place when he was in charge. People actually had jobs that paid decent wages.

    Maybe you all are too young to remember life before the lies and bull of the Republicans. Maybe you prefer the lifestyle of gangsters. But as you get older and more experienced, you will see that life is too short to be filled with other people's garbage.