Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 10, 2006
    Path to 9/11 - OPEN THREAD

    Discuss.


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (43) | | View blog reactions
    user-pic

    43 Comments

    I read that the entire program will be available as a free download from iTunes. That sounds like quite the opposite of ABC backing down.

    I'm only about 40 minutes into it so far there's quite a bit with John Miller, ABC news correspondent. His character is in the film, though I don't know if he's playing himself. The movie is partly based on Miller's book "The Cell", something that Olby and Company went out of their way never to mention.

    Olby never lets the facts get in the way of a story and/or rant about the "purported" war on terror, especially if he's hustling a book.

    From what I saw, ABC sure didn't hold back against the Clinton administration. Doesn't look like any editing occurred at all.

    Not to redirect traffic, but I was just at Free Republic, and they're up to 2,600 posts already. Sounds like some of them have seen tomorrow's program, and it does sound unfavorable to the Bush administration. We shall see.

    No Missy, you must be mistaken. Keith Olbermann has told you, time and time again, that the movie blames Democrats and ONLY Democrats. And Keith wouldn't lie.

    I heard from Drudge that part two does come down pretty hard on the Bush admin, Condi Rice in particular. But that just can't be, because Olby said it blames everything on Clinton. And Olby wouldn't lie.

    Actually, I thought part one was fairly straightforward. They only edited about two minutes out of the entire thing, so there can't be much on the cutting room floor. I don't see what all the fuss was about. If they had literally depicted all of the ten times the Clinton admin neglected to pull the trigger on UBL, it would have been a lot more damaging.

    I have seen the left repeatedly try to paint conservatives with the hypocrit brush about this mini-series ("Didn't conservatives complain about the Reagan movie CBS did.")

    SO let me ask the question of all those who think this movie should not be aired because it is a "docudrama" portraying Clinton in a bad light...Did you think the Regan movie, with all it's factual inaccuracies and fictional portrayals, should have been aired on network TV? If so, quit your bitchin'.

    So, I was outvoted at home and the widescreen HDTV was tuned to Path to 911. I was planning to go watch the Giants v. Colts game on a smaller TV but the Path to 9/11 came on before the game started and next thing you know I was hooked. I Tivo'd the Football but PT911 was over before the end of the game so I got to watch the end, saw they lost and therefore deleted the game from Tivo. Well at least Notre Dame won!!!

    As for the movie...

    Missy wrote..."Doesn't look like any editing occurred at all."

    I am not sure what you mean. Editing ALWAYS occurs in a film - that is how you make a film. I think you mean that it does not look like any of the scenes which the Clinton people were complaining about were edited out. I am not sure how we would know that without having a "locked" version of the film and then a version that was "unlocked" then edited to address the criticism from the Clinton people. That said, there was a scene described by the Clintonistas where the CIA had "eyes on" UBL and Sandy Berger was asked by Tenet for permission to "take the shot". According to the Berger that seen ended with him hanging up on Tenet (his screen going black). That scene was edited - and there was an abtrusive "jump cut" that made this obvious - so that Tenet and Berger are going back and forth and suddenly we are in Afghanistan and Mamood asks the CIA field agent with him whether anyone in the U.S. has any balls.

    Which brings up another point... I don't think I've seen the word "balls" used quite the way I saw it in the film. It was a constant refrain throughout the first night of the film. Sometimes the use of the word "balls" was pretty graphic.

    As a film, I'd say that my biggest complaint was that there was no commercials, no intermission and no let up in the pace and action of the film so that I never felt I could go the batahroom or make popcorn without missing something important.

    Besides "balls", another theme was lawyers coming in and getting the terrorists off the hook. One fact I'd like checked is whether it was true that UBL paid for Ramzi Yousef's lawyers. I noticed the shot at William Kuntsler early on. As we consider what to with the prisoners in Gitmo we might want to consider that some known terrorists were captured then released after a trial because the CIA was not willing to disclose "sources and methods". I don't like the idea of people being convicted on evidence they have not seen but in these al Qaeda cases I'd rather err on the side of keeping these guys locked up.

    I think Madeline Albright looked pretty bad in this film. I can see why she is not happy - not only for what she said (true or not) but that she was portrayed as something of an ignorant bitch.

    Harvey Keitel was really good in this film (as he generally is) and I think the striking part of Part II will be the irony of him being killed at the WTC on 9/11 (sorry to spoil the ending for those who did not know he was killed in the attack).

    I also noticed that Amy Madigan looked REALLY old. I hope that was make up because she looked terrible.

    Overall, I am not sure what the fuss was all about. I see that the Kossack are organizing a boycott of Disney (goog luck with that) but I did not see any "fisking" of the film. I thought media matters would have something but so far all they have is this:
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200609100001

    It ain't much...that there were some inaccuracies in portraying John O'Neill and that Atta was allowed to board a US Airways flight in Portland, ME not an American Airlines flight in Boston despite a computer warning when Atta was checking in so this "defamed" American Airlnes. They never say what the "inaccuracies" about O'Neill were or are, the bit about the airline strikes me as a "compression" issue that is intended to make the point that the screening system in place on 9/11 was inadequate because a warning only resulted in the person's luggage being kept off the plane until the person boarded the plane (this because the assumption was that there would not be a suicide attack). I seriously doubt there was some "agenda" here.

    Can anyone provide a link that provides a good run down of the Loony Left objections to the film as it aired last night?


    "OLBERMANWATCH WITH DOLLAR FOR COX" (FROM ENDLESS TO INFINITY, ANY GIVEN MONTH AND DAY AND YEAR)

    Host: Dollar for Cox

    Topics:
    How to get even more modern, non-conservative Republicans elected through vague, hypocritical attacks on hypocracy. Insane fixation on obscure, backnetwork host, fueled by second generation upper class ennui; The thin grey line between the productive exercise of reason and the descent into bored madness.

    Guests: Four or five really bored partisan slackers that can't think of anything better to do than parrot whatever party line the brave culture warriors stuff into their mouths, desperatedly hoping someone will notice either them or one of their 6 other alias's.
    *************

    The endless hours of obsession begins with the unknown yet much loved Dollar for Cox sounding for all the world like the reverberations of a thin skin of political hackery stretched tightly over a bottomless pit of ennui.

    Dollar for Cox breathlessly reports whatever major abominations the hiddeous Antichrist Olberman has uttered. Of particular interest is anything that can be made to sound, through "creative summation," as if it might be part of a leftist conspiracy theory. The main theme here (at the risk of sounding like paranoid conspiracy weirdos) is to create an aura of paranoid conspiracy weirdness around The Commentator Who Shall Remain Nameless, and spread that by extension to the entire center and left of the political spectrum. So if the director of a controversial historical movie about 9-11 happens to be the son of a fundy christian cult leader and heads a Jihadi film arm designed to remake Hollywood in a "godly" way, that is only further evidence of Olberman's paranoic madness.

    The next segment is a loooong writeup that summarizes the show schematic, which is mostly without content but allows Dollar for Cox to work in his Alex P. Keaton high-school one liners on the level of "What's this?...A brain sucker starving!" The other highlight of this interminable fixation is the endlessly repetitive attention paid to whether Mr. Bush or President Clinton are called "Mr." or "President." Again here, we have clear evidence of a dangerous leftist conspiracy; A leftist conspiracy that can only be met, one supposes, by abolishing the estate tax on inerited fortunes over 2.5 million.

    Finally comes the clarion call of freedom...Dollar for Cox tirelessly, repeatedly, incessantly lets us know that this dangerous but sexy lefty newsy man has the gall to thank people who are not real, but only on tape! How dishonest! Why, the next thing you know, the Letterman show will be recorded in the afternoon and offered as if it is a late-night program. What's worse, it turns out that every other newsy show does the same thing! Is this coincidence, or evidence of a vast leftist media conspiracy? Dollar for Cox reports and you decide.

    After the writeup, the guests, who are naturally screened to be either financially interested in Republicans winning, homophobic, or simply stark raving nuts, chime in with their obsequious malevolence. It is all held together by the common delusion of grandeur (probably inspired by Rush Limbaugh's pomposity) that people sitting at their computers are engaged in a great Jihad.
    "Liberals are terrorists and fascists all rolled into one neat little package."
    "Has he ever flat-out condemned terrorism?"
    "Have you no decency you liberal traitor?? liberals and their mouthpieces like olbermann are more of a threat than the terrorists."
    "you have to wonder serioulsy about the ethics and motives of a station like MSNBC to have someone like the olbyloon."
    Fortunately, there is Olbermanwatch, here to set the record straight, save free civilization, and abolish the inheritance tax on fortunes over 2.5 million.

    "OLBERMANWATCH WITH DOLLAR FOR COX" (FROM ENDLESS TO INFINITY, ANY GIVEN MONTH AND DAY AND YEAR) - EDITED TO INCREASE HUMOR CONTENT

    How many Cornell students does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Two--One to change the lightbulb and one to crack under the pressure.

    Host: Dollar for Cox

    Topics:
    How to get even more modern, non-conservative Republicans elected through vague, hypocritical attacks on hypocracy. Insane fixation on obscure, backnetwork host, fueled by second generation upper class ennui; The thin grey line between the productive exercise of reason and the descent into bored madness.

    Did you hear Hillary Clinton ate beans on Friday night so
    she could take a bubble bath on Saturday?

    Guests: Four or five really bored partisan slackers that can't think of anything better to do than parrot whatever party line the brave culture warriors stuff into their mouths, desperatedly hoping someone will notice either them or one of their 6 other alias's.
    *************

    The endless hours of obsession begins with the unknown yet much loved Dollar for Cox sounding for all the world like the reverberations of a thin skin of political hackery stretched tightly over a bottomless pit of ennui.

    Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and Bill Clinton's campaign limo?
    A: A porcupine has pricks on the outside.

    Dollar for Cox breathlessly reports whatever major abominations the hiddeous Antichrist Olberman has uttered. Of particular interest is anything that can be made to sound, through "creative summation," as if it might be part of a leftist conspiracy theory. The main theme here (at the risk of sounding like paranoid conspiracy weirdos) is to create an aura of paranoid conspiracy weirdness around The Commentator Who Shall Remain Nameless, and spread that by extension to the entire center and left of the political spectrum. So if the director of a controversial historical movie about 9-11 happens to be the son of a fundy christian cult leader and heads a Jihadi film arm designed to remake Hollywood in a "godly" way, that is only further evidence of Olberman's paranoic madness.

    The next segment is a loooong writeup that summarizes the show schematic, which is mostly without content but allows Dollar for Cox to work in his Alex P. Keaton high-school one liners on the level of "What's this?...A brain sucker starving!" The other highlight of this interminable fixation is the endlessly repetitive attention paid to whether Mr. Bush or President Clinton are called "Mr." or "President." Again here, we have clear evidence of a dangerous leftist conspiracy; A leftist conspiracy that can only be met, one supposes, by abolishing the estate tax on inerited fortunes over 2.5 million.

    George Bush:
    "When Bill Clinton blows his taxophone, America will be singing the blues."

    Finally comes the clarion call of freedom...Dollar for Cox tirelessly, repeatedly, incessantly lets us know that this dangerous but sexy lefty newsy man has the gall to thank people who are not real, but only on tape! How dishonest! Why, the next thing you know, the Letterman show will be recorded in the afternoon and offered as if it is a late-night program. What's worse, it turns out that every other newsy show does the same thing! Is this coincidence, or evidence of a vast leftist media conspiracy? Dollar for Cox reports and you decide.

    Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

    After the writeup, the guests, who are naturally screened to be either financially interested in Republicans winning, homophobic, or simply stark raving nuts, chime in with their obsequious malevolence. It is all held together by the common delusion of grandeur (probably inspired by Rush Limbaugh's pomposity) that people sitting at their computers are engaged in a great Jihad.
    "Liberals are terrorists and fascists all rolled into one neat little package."
    "Has he ever flat-out condemned terrorism?"
    "Have you no decency you liberal traitor?? liberals and their mouthpieces like olbermann are more of a threat than the terrorists."
    "you have to wonder serioulsy about the ethics and motives of a station like MSNBC to have someone like the olbyloon."
    Fortunately, there is Olbermanwatch, here to set the record straight, save free civilization, and abolish the inheritance tax on fortunes over 2.5 million.

    olbermanWatchWatch

    I guess some critics of this site miss the irony that while you can post different views here your hero KO is afraid of opposing views on his show.

    but they DO get the idea (from Olbermann) that the best to way to convince people of your point of view is repeat the same endless drivel over and over again.

    I watched the CNN special on Usama Bin Laden yesterday and the one thing that hit me the strongest about the show was how much he sounded just like an American liberal in his talking points. Usama used phrases like "unjust government" in his reasoning to attack America. Sound familiar?
    Democrats being pushed by the far left fringe of their party are using the war on terrorism for their own politcal gain. They are directly compromising American security with their howling ludicrous attacks on Bush and the war effort. The Democrats in their inabilty to accept the fact that are no longer the majority party are using ANY tactic to reagin that lost power. They actually rejoice any failure or setback in the war on terror to gleefully point out that in their minds they could do better. They actually seem happy for any problems and then slide right in to use that problem to their own benefit.
    When I this Olbermann traitor bashing Rumsfled and Bush I just see more democrat party gleefully undermining the war effort to improve their lot. Olbermann has a lot of gall to ask anyone "have you no shame". I ask him and his party of left wing Anti- American traitors the same question. Are you so eager to see Bush and the war fail just so you can regain power that you would actually compromise the safety of this nation and the men and women who are in harm's way for your politcial gain??
    I see the same thing from almost every democrat. From Pelosi to schumer to kennedy all have the same "failures of this administration" written into every script they read. Thanks Howard Dean! We knew you were a nutjob when we saw you on TV but we did not know that the you would become king of the democratic effort to see this country lose the war on terror just so you could get your party back into power. You and the democrats are sick in the head. Just like somebody who has the defame and ridicule someone to make themselves look good the only way you dems can look good is to defame this President and the war effort in an effort to regain power. I acnnot see how any sane thinking American can see what the democrats are doing and in good faith vote for them. Have you no shame!? Any of you democrats? How can you play the politics of destruction when we are at war.
    I am not saying criticsm in unwarranted or unnacceptable but maybe some constructive criticism is in order. All I ever hear from the democrats is how they can do it better and so far I have not seen it. They say we should re-deploy in Iraq but we are fighting the people that caused 9-11 . Why leave when when we are fighting Al-queda OVER THERE AND NOT HERE IN AMERICA?

    "Are you so eager to see Bush and the war fail just so you can regain power that you would actually compromise the safety of this nation and the men and women who are in harm's way for your politcial gain??"

    YES YES, I admit it. In fact, it's even worses than you state, riverdog. The fact is that we betwetting liberals will not rest until every last drop of American blood has been spilt to appease our Evil Muslim Masters.. We meet in secret rooms and listen to Olberman to pick up our secret coded marching orders for how we can best compromise national security, mostly by typping things on websites. Oftentimes at these meetings, someone will bring in an aborted fetus which we happily dine on while sodomizing each other. And we do it all because we hate freedom and want to see innocent blood spilt!

    "I guess some critics of this site miss the irony that while you can post different views here your hero KO is afraid of opposing views on his show."

    No, we totally get it. It's just that this is how our Islamo-fascist masters want us to behave. But your bravely typed response has once again quelled our evil plans. Darn you meddling kids!

    "but they DO get the idea (from Olbermann) that the best to way to convince people of your point of view is repeat the same endless drivel over and over again."

    riiiiight....and the idea of endlessly rehashing every single Countdown and using one of the lowest rated shows on TV as a strawman for what over 50% of the population believes is really, really convincing. Keep up the good work, funnyman.

    Mr. Cox I was thinking that just maybe your newfound desire to reduce clutter was...er...ah...strangely rigorous. You'll be shocked to know that if you go back to any other day, (take the 6th, for instance) you can find at least 2000 words of repetitious clutter that has not been removed, most of it written at the level of the 7th or 8th grade with lots of swear words in it. Try it. You'll be shocked.

    anybody here want to take bets that mr"anonymous" is the looney olbermann himself?? He is condesccending and pedantic enough to sound like him. He does the typical left wing attacks. You kow Rush Limabugh- blah-blah -balh. We need more taxes, the govenrment knows how to spend your families money better than you do blah-blah.
    Mr "anonymous" wrote:

    "After the writeup, the guests, who are naturally screened to be either financially interested in Republicans winning, homophobic, or simply stark raving nuts, chime in with their obsequious malevolence. It is all held together by the common delusion of grandeur (probably inspired by Rush Limbaugh's pomposity) that people sitting at their computers are engaged in a great Jihad."

    Read this little gem of liberal passion and see if it sounds familiar? Yes i know it is the typcial Democratic platform but is sounds like old olby's ego just won't tolerate the same dissent he demands from everybody else. Hey Olby in your flowing flowery liberal vocabulary does the word "hypocrisy" ever pop up?
    And then my favorite liberal cause and their current reason for existence the dreaded gasp "homophobia". Now that really makes me laugh. The word homophobia has the suffix phobia in it. That seems to imply that those of us who think that homosexuality is wrong are the ones with the problem.Yeah right, This is not even about homosexuality. it is about the far kook left's demand that we legitimize and mainstream homosexuality by laughingly allowing so called gay "marriage". Too bad they only succeed in showing their homofascism and contempt for society and the will of the voters.
    Oh and don't forget those evil people who are fighting the death tax. The government should get that money for more "programs" and such. I'll say right here and now that htis death tax does not even apply to me. my father is not going to leave me millions and millions of dollars because he does not have millions and millions of dollars to leave. i am against it just on something called principle (liberals can look that word up) alone. Once again the left shows it's contempt of the American family by trying to outright steal the inheritance of kids whose family worked to be successful. Why is it that you lefties always want to punish American success?
    Yeah this "anonymous" fella sounds just like the olbynutt or maybe one of his writers or producers. Who else's ego would compel them to come to a site like this that actually holds olbermann's lunacy and anti- Americanism accountable and write a tirade filled defense of same? Now you know that if you were not such a pompous self serving , condescening ,pedantic ass olbermann I would almost fell sorry for your low-low ratings and making a fool of yourself on national TV. But I do not feel sorry for you. I hope that someday in your infintate lack of wisdom you will come back down to earth and do something radical like maybe have someone on your show that will DEBATE OR DISAGREE with you. Instead of coming to websites like this and using the same old tired liberal talking points and defneding the indefensible. Maybe someday you'll get a set of balls and try to defend your lunacy in the couirt of public opinion and debate instead of just your bloated ego tainted head.

    on a footnote, I am eagerly awaiting to see how Mr. Olbermann will respect the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I'll just bet it will be more "progressive" attacks on Bush and co. more than it will be to hold the people who actually attacked us. After all to liberals and progressives Bush& Co. are more of an enemy than Usama Bin Laden.

    Bush -- impeachment's too good for him. Three shots behind the ear would be more fitting. Him and Rummy both. And as for Cheney, that's easy. Waterboard him till the heart of darkness gives out. Same with Gonzales. There will be many days of reckoning to come for these war criminals. Can't wait to watch it LIVE.

    Bush -- impeachment's too good for him. Three shots behind the ear would be more fitting. Him and Rummy both. And as for Cheney, that's easy. Waterboard him till the heart of darkness gives out. Same with Gonzales. There will be many days of reckoning to come for these war criminals. Can't wait to watch it LIVE.

    "When I this Olbermann traitor bashing Rumsfled and Bush I just see more democrat party gleefully undermining the war effort to improve their lot."

    Good god, let's try for something reminiscent of sentences please. Take a few deep breaths, think back to fourth grade grammer, and try again.

    Sheesh.

    "anybody here want to take bets that mr"anonymous" is the looney olbermann himself??"

    Ding ding ding!!! You win the prize. You see, Olberman is everywhere. And nowhere. Olberman is in your cereal, he is in your toast and jam. He commands legions of homofascists to overturn the democratic process and install Gay Islamic Law!!! don't look behind you. He is there. And yet he is here.

    He is, The Olberman.

    Yup, by the style (or lack thereof) I'll just bet that this "anonymous" guy is the nefarious and mentally unsound Kieth " have you no decency" Olbermann. Come on Olby! come out of your little closet and fess up! is this really you here trying to defend yourself from the evil conservatives?
    whoever this "anonymous" fruit cup is I must have got his goat because three posts in a row rapids fire like thart indicates a person pissed off about the truth hitting them squarely in the face.
    come on Kiethy show us your true colors! it's OK to come out into the light of day .
    love, funnyman

    No, actually with such low ratings and such a very narrow audience of progressive-liberal moonbats Olbermann is nowhere but in his own mind.
    ya know Kieth I do almost feel sorry for ya. You are legend in your own mind but actually you are pretty pathetic and a sad little man

    No, actually with such low ratings and such a very narrow audience of progressive-liberal moonbats Olbermann is nowhere but in his own mind.
    ya know Kieth I do almost feel sorry for ya. You are legend in your own mind but actually you are pretty pathetic and a sad little man

    I already admitted that I am Olberman, what more do you want? Do you doubt me? Tremble, mortal, as I unleash my minions of gay fascists to force you to marry other men, mostly swarthy Arabic men.

    Seriously, you have no idea how many avenues of power I have insinuated myself into. I have people right now IN YOUR HOME TOWN working to bring about the homo-fascists revolution and drop the invisible force field that bush set up keeping out our bloodthirsty Islamic bretheren. We are everywhere. And no where. We are, The Olbermen.

    Psst.

    What's that?

    It's us!

    riverdog said:

    "They actually rejoice any failure or setback in the war on terror to gleefully point out that in their minds they could do better. They actually seem happy for any problems and then slide right in to use that problem to their own benefit."

    Name ONE Prominent Democrat who actually CHEERS for setbacks. Quit using the horseshit argument that "some Democrats" think this. NAME NAMES OR SHUT UP!

    " Are you so eager to see Bush and the war fail just so you can regain power that you would actually compromise the safety of this nation and the men and women who are in harm's way for your politcial gain??"

    I could ask you the same thing. The President says we're "safer but not yet safe". The Attorney General says we've "degraded" Al-Qaeda, but they could still carry out a 9/11-level attack.
    When people are afraid, they vote Republican. Vice-President Cheney and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld seem intent on keeping people afraid. But nobody talks about what we can DO to be safer - they just mash that "fear button".

    "They say we should re-deploy in Iraq but we are fighting the people that caused 9-11."

    Um, not acording to the Bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee. Or the 9/11 Commission. They both reached the same conclusion - Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 AT ALL.

    homofascist is one word. OK so you are the infamous and deplorable olbermann, now what? will you tell us why you do not have guests that debate you only people that agree with you? You claim no party affiliations yet you have left wingers on to the exclusion of everybody else.
    you are legend in your own mind but how about the rest of us plebian pedestrian ignorati? will you clue us in on your secret to success?

    VERITAS ODIT MORAS
    ya see even us red state, inbred, trailer trash can speak latin too Mr "anonymous"

    Well, speaking of low ratings:

    Overnight Ratings - 9/10/2006 (Nielsen Media Research)

    NBC - "Sunday Night Football" - 15.1 rating and 23 share
    ABC - "The Path To 9/11" - 8.2 rating and 12 share
    CBS - "9/11" (documentary) - 8.2 rating and 12 share

    Now, as a point of refernce, CBS's program was being aired for the third time and started a half-hour late due to an overrun (the finals of the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament ran long, bumping CBS's entire prime-time lineup back).

    So in other words, ABC's program did about the same as a warmed-over rerun of a factual documentary.

    They may be low but i'll bet that olby's ratings are lower. I know you lefties will decry and bemoan antyhing that might tell the truth about the Clinton administration and do all you can to bring down Bush. It's the liberal way.

    Well, Olby scores about a .4, so Path 9/11 did better than Olby. About 20 times better.

    riverdog said:

    "They may be low but i'll bet that olby's ratings are lower."

    Johnny Dollar said:

    "Well, Olby scores about a .4, so Path 9/11 did better than Olby."

    First, you can't compare network ratings to cable ratings. They're two different animals (especially since ABC, in theory, is in every household while MSNBC is not).

    Second, last I checked MSNBC didn't spend $40 million dollars on one show. ABC did, and they finished tied with a repeat that started half an hour after they did. Heck, The Simpson's 18th Season Premiere on FOX drew about as much as "Path to 9/11" did. That's pretty poor, especially if ABC is getting no ad revenue for it.

    Here's a question for ya --

    If tonight's "path to 9/11" segments are harsh on Bush, will schizo Olby use the movie as a talking point? Oh yes, he has attacked the film as a hit piece on Democrats, but I think he might actually be so excited by an attack on Bush and Condi that he would run with it. Olbylogic is really a splendid thing you know.

    "So in other words, ABC's program did about the same as a warmed-over rerun of a factual documentary."

    Just as I suspected. Two weeks of hilarious garment rending on the left, culminating in a letter from Democrat bigwigs threatening Disney with The Communications Act of 1934 for not "promoting an open and accurate discussion of political ideas and events".

    Uh oh...there goes cable television...

    Guess it's now onwards and downwards lefties to the next moral outrage... Maybe if you win back the House you can revive the House Un-American Activities Commission and investigate endeavors by all writers and directors with connections to conservative religious and political groups...

    There's plenty of (contrary to your own) opinions, perspectives, and interpretations...that you can find to marginalize and blackball...and goodness knows you guys can feign moral outrage at the drop of a tiara...

    This anaonymous guy sure seems to a vested interest and knowledge of KO and his in the toilet ratings. Could this actually be the leader of "moonbat central" KO hisself?

    This anonymous guy sure seems to a vested interest and knowledge of KO and his in the toilet ratings. Could this actually be the leader of "moonbat central" KO hisself?

    "Seriously, you have no idea how many avenues of power I have insinuated myself into. I have people right now IN YOUR HOME TOWN working to bring about the homo-fascists revolution and drop the invisible force field that bush set up keeping out our bloodthirsty Islamic bretheren. We are everywhere. And no where. We are, The Olbermen.

    Psst.

    What's that?

    It's us!"


    Well the OlbermanN is pretty slow on the uptake...mind letting him in on this?

    Karl Rove, Homeland Security, Ohio Election officials...etc...etc... are getting damn tired of taking all his heat....

    "I could ask you the same thing. The President says we're "safer but not yet safe". The Attorney General says we've "degraded" Al-Qaeda, but they could still carry out a 9/11-level attack.
    When people are afraid, they vote Republican. Vice-President Cheney and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld seem intent on keeping people afraid. But nobody talks about what we can DO to be safer - they just mash that "fear button."


    Read this and ponder.... It's the sort of 'have it both ways' argument that we see endlessly making the rounds on the left.

    The argument goes that the Administration simultaneously hypes the threat of terrorism while underestimating ...the threat of terrorism...

    The Administration simultaneously over-reacts to the threat of terrorism by a usurpation of our Constitutional rights....while it offers no ideas or policies for the securing of our safety against.... the threat of terrorism...

    There it is, folks... a mentality that considers obvious conclusions such as "we're safer but not yet safe" and that "they [Al Qaeda] could still carry out a 9/11-level attack" as hyperbolic fear-mongering!

    Sheesh!

    If these people are as double-jointed physically as they are mentally, they can kiss their elbows while bending over backwards and inserting their heads up their nether-regions...


    Fortunes un-effected by inheritance tax:: Gates, Kennedy, Buffet, Rockefeller, Heinz, Kohl, Walton(s), Sulzberger, Bush......others. Why should anyone pay death tax if these families didnt??

    Bush has been a dis-appointment on several issues but all in all he is a man who can hold his head high. He is decisive and takes the heat for his actions. He takes the heat so well that it is literaly driving the far leftists over the edge. And for that we on the right owe him big. The left is about played out, is spinning in circles attacking windmills, clueless and exposed. Bush has them frothing and foaming at the mouth and the left will surely implode in the mid-terms. Everyone knows or is learning the breadth and scope of there incompetence because they can't finish Bush though there fixed polls showed him on the ropes. Poll after poll is gonna show Dems with a chance in mid-terms. The problem is fixed polling doesnt represent reality. No speaker Pelosi! No President Hillary! No majority leader Reid! YEE HAW!!!
    DEMS==LOSERS.

    I didn't watch TPT9/11 and now I'm curious because all the breast-beating has suddenly ceased.

    Just what exactly has Bush "taken the heat" for? What has he claimed responsibility for? What has he apologized for?

    I think it's his LACK of accountability that bugs the hell outta me! Those who make mistakes or are incompetant are promoted in this administration. Has anyone been held responsible?!

    Not sure what you mean by fixed polls--because conservative polls show him way down as well. That's why GOP operatives are nervous right now. However, fixed elections are a problem. And that, the GOP has been able to handle!


    envirogal,

    If you really believe that the Bush Administration and other Republicans are powerful and corrupt to the point of perpetrating election fraud, isn't it sort of beyond silly to then bemoan the fact that the Administration never acknowledges having made mistakes in policy issues?

    But then this is the sort of childish monologue that passes for discussion with you guys but is really just free associating.

    You don't like Bush..fine... but you then embrace an entire litany of complaints, you spread them out buffet-style at every opportunity, thereby giving them all the same value.

    This undermines any sense of proportion to the point that you don't really seem serious, just damn silly.

    Your comments on childish monologue aside, please tell me as to what Bush has been accountable for? That was the comment that Anonymous made, but since you joined in, I welcome you to back that up. You can call my points silly, but giving Bush a pass that just because of power and corruption, they shouldn't be held accountable is just plain frightening. So I will bemoan all I want.

    The litany of complaints were made to answer his rant of complaints. What, Anonymous gets a pass and I don't? I'm sorry you don't like my approach, but there has been so little oversight, reaching across the aisle or investigations with this administration. Very little successes and much money and good will squandered. Very little accountability and that should make everyone concerned. They all add up--buffet style or not. That is what happens when there is no balance of power. No checks and balances. Don't we as citizens have the right to question this? Nit pick and avoid the subtext all you want, but these are issues that need to be addressed.

    The election fraud was just my jab at the "fixed polls" comment made previously. Please, follow along. Why would you take that soooo seriously? Worried that it may be true? Perhaps with a balanced Senate and House, we may somehow find out. You can't claim it isn't true either, however, Bobby Kennedy Jr. has some compelling facts to the contrary that should not be down played by any American regardless of their political bend. However, wouldn't you want to know if it's true or just some liberal conspiracy? Why shouldn't we investigate to know one way or another. Much easier to downplay those who question this than to actually seek the truth. However, it was supposed to be a jab and not some talking well-helmed talking points.

    Sorry, I won't be around to hear all those defenses of Bush and his accountability record, so you are off the hook. This is my last post since I have really important things to do with my life. Obviously, nothing gets solved here anyway. Go back to your vacum and seal yourself off from reality. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

    Your comments on childish monologue aside, please tell me as to what Bush has been accountable for? That was the comment that Anonymous made, but since you joined in, I welcome you to back that up. You can call my points silly, but giving Bush a pass that just because of power and corruption, they shouldn't be held accountable is just plain frightening. So I will bemoan all I want.

    The litany of complaints were made to answer his rant of complaints. What, Anonymous gets a pass and I don't? I'm sorry you don't like my approach, but there has been so little oversight, reaching across the aisle or investigations with this administration. Very little successes and much money and good will squandered. Very little accountability and that should make everyone concerned. They all add up--buffet style or not. That is what happens when there is no balance of power. No checks and balances. Don't we as citizens have the right to question this? Nit pick and avoid the subtext all you want, but these are issues that need to be addressed.

    The election fraud was just my jab at the "fixed polls" comment made previously. Please, follow along. Why would you take that soooo seriously? Worried that it may be true? Perhaps with a balanced Senate and House, we may somehow find out. You can't claim it isn't true either, however, Bobby Kennedy Jr. has some compelling facts to the contrary that should not be down played by any American regardless of their political bend. However, wouldn't you want to know if it's true or just some liberal conspiracy? Why shouldn't we investigate to know one way or another. Much easier to downplay those who question this than to actually seek the truth. However, it was supposed to be a jab and not some talking well-helmed talking points.

    Sorry, I won't be around to hear all those defenses of Bush and his accountability record, so you are off the hook. This is my last post since I have really important things to do with my life. Obviously, nothing gets solved here anyway. Go back to your vacum and seal yourself off from reality. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

    envirogal writes:

    This is my last post since I have really important things to do with my life."

    I hope a course in reading comprehension is one of them.