Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    December 18, 2006
    COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN - DECEMBER 18-29, 2006

    MADMAN

    "COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN" (Dec 18-29, 8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    • Reruns of Keith Olbermann's Speshul Komments and Best of Oddball


    Monkeymann wants a paycheck that's big.
    To make sure Abrams doesn't renege,
    In the tub Keith will soak.
    For two weeks? What a joke.
    Don't splash water and ruin your wig!


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (143) | | View blog reactions
    user-pic

    143 Comments

    Olby isn't worth a plugged nickel
    His viewers are down to a trickle
    Compared to O'Reilly
    He's not rated highly
    Every night he's sucking Fox pickle

    Can't wait to hear the resident morons go on and on about how Keith won't get the big raise ... won't last till the end of the year ... is in a weak bargaining position ... will soon be fired ... blah blah blah. More stunningly inaccurate interpretations of reality from the dumbshits who brought you Iraq.

    By the way ...

    How's the war going?
    How'd the midterms turn out for ya'll?
    How's your criminal president's approval rating?


    That's Olbylogic at its best. How many red herrings can you serve up to distract attention from the issue, which is Olby is a greedy bastard who isn't worth a nickel.

    "By the way ..."

    For you young English students, this is called a "non sequitur" (Latin for "it does not follow").

    In other words, if a person can't win an argument or debate, he or she simply changes the topic at hand.

    E.g.:
    Claim: Keith Olbermann claims to be a news anchor hosting a news show. Neither claim is true. He is a liberal shill.
    Response: Chocolate cake tastes good.

    Apparently this is what happens when you have to pay big bucks for publicists and girlfriends.

    Katie shops till KO drops.

    He is gone for two weeks to LA again to see his younger-than-him-could-be father-in-law. In other words, KO goes on strike until they renew his contract. So we all get two weeks off.

    By the way ...

    How's the war going?
    How'd the midterms turn out for ya'll?
    How's your criminal president's approval rating?


    Posted by: Anonymous at December 18, 2006 05:57 PM


    Bravely spoken!

    "Bravely spoken!"

    Indeed. He risks Bushco sending the Secret Service after him to take him to Guantanamo.

    Because, of course, Bush has taken away all Americans' habaeas corpus rights.

    And it takes a great deal of courage nowadays to condemn the Administration.

    Oy.

    Hmmmm, two weeks off, do I hear wedding bell?

    You never know - finalizing the prenup, maybe?

    The contract negotiations that matter most to Keith's heart are the one's concerning his career which is, besides himself, his one and only true love. You can't be that egotistical, that self-centered, that self-important and that much of a liar and still be capable of loving anyone besides yourself.

    Damn... it would have been nice if it was Ollie only..

    NEW YORK Marine Maj. Megan McClung, a public affairs officer who became the highest-ranking woman killed in Iraq when she died two weeks ago, had been escorting Oliver North and a FOX News crew through Ramadi just moments before a roadside bomb took her life, a military spokesman told E&P on Monday.

    When the explosion occurred on Dec. 6, McClung was in the midst of escorting a Newsweek staffer, according to Lt. Col. Bryan Salas, a public affairs officer stationed at Camp Fallujah. He said he did not know the identity of the Newsweek employee or the reason for the escort.

    "My understanding is that Newsweek was with her at the time of the explosion, in a different vehicle," Salas said. "She had just dropped off the Fox News crew."

    McClung, 34, had just left North, a Fox contributor, and his crew at the Ramadi Government Center following a 10-minute escorted drive from Camp Ramadi, a U.S. Army base there, Salas said. "It was her first and only escort with him," Salas told E&P. "He was covering the Marines in Ramadi." Many journalists go out without any military escort, even in dangerous areas.

    A Fox News spokesperson said she could not confirm North's involvement, while Newsweek did not immediately return a call seeking information.

    Salas said McClung, who has been widely praised by former embeds since her death for her efforts to help reporters and others involved in coverage of the war, offered such escorts for a wide variety of media representatives, not just the more high-profiles such as North. "It wasn't uncommon for her to escort different types of journalists," Salas said. "She made her own decisions on who and where and when to escort."

    But several embed veterans from Military Reporters and Editors said broadcast outlets and more well-known journalists get public affairs escorts more often than others.

    "Network crews usually get a higher profile treatment," said James Crawley, a military reporter for MediaGeneral and president of MRE. "You want to send an officer of the 'A-Team' when you have Katie Couric or a network correspondent."

    Sig Christenson, a four-time Iraq embed and past MRE president, agreed. "When a celebrity is around, you are more likely to find a public affairs officer around," he said.
    But Salas countered that notion, saying that public affairs officers are needed to escort journalists for numerous reasons. He pointed out that McClung also was escorting a Newsweek correspondent, indicating that a lesser-known journalist was given such help. "There are so many factors that determine who you escort and who you don't," he said. "Sound and cameras require more coordination, and if you go with a smaller outlet it may be something they hadn't covered before."

    Who is this Katie anyway?

    KO has a history, dump his girl after a vacation.

    Who is this Katie anyway?

    Olby has used the words "soft" and "impotent" in the Ground Zero Speshul Komment. Hmmmm.

    They should be running a canned laugh track during Olby's nonsensical rants.

    How many special comments and oddballs they can rerun for two weeks? This is a very bad administrative decision. He thinks his special comments are really special.

    2 weeks of KO reruns? Perhaps Olby is on strike until MessNBC decides to increase his paycheck. Typical of Keith's massive ego, to think he's worth that much. His show isn't even an full hour between commercials & re-used NBC news pieces. Perhaps a viable replacement would be Alyson Stewart. Word is that her show, The Most, is due to be cancelled sometime early next year.

    2 weeks of KO reruns? Perhaps Olby is on strike until MessNBC decides to increase his paycheck. Typical of Keith's massive ego, to think he's worth that much. His show isn't even an full hour between commercials & re-used NBC news pieces. Perhaps a viable replacement would be Alyson Stewart. Word is that her show, The Most, is due to be cancelled sometime early next year.

    No more Keith Olbermann for 2 whole weeks?!? There is no Santa Claus!

    Her name is spelled Katy. Her last name is Tur. She's the 21-year old recent college grad that Olbermann is now living with. By the way, he'll be 48 in January.

    "No more Keith Olbermann for 2 whole weeks?!? There is no Santa Claus! "

    Oh yes there is.

    Y'know, why can't Olbermann just make a reasoned argument that the actions of the Bush Administration run the risk of our liberties being taken away? That the powers used by Bush for legitimate reasons open the door for abuse?

    There's a real, substantive and solid argument against the NSA program or the use of military commissions or tribunals.

    But any substantive argument is rendered empty with the fascist and Nazi and Orwellian references. Bush is not Hitler. Hell, he's not even Nixon.

    Of course, were KO to make such a reasoned and sober argument, he wouldn't be heard above the cacophony of cable commentaries.

    How'zat for alliteration?

    Right after watching Olby's "Special Show" for "Special Comments" I will be listening to my "best of" vanilla ice record !

    Self proclaimed host with most
    my speshul komments the toast I must boast
    my shtick supplant fact and reason
    4 mill. I must get this Holiday season
    Dan Abrams my lips will be pleasin'
    or soon my "fat" ass will be toast


    I watched Paula Zahn tonight. Did they just rerun all those special comments in one hour? He thinks he is the star of MSNBC. I think he will stay with his pay rate stays the same. What kind of boss will let him do this, two full weeks of rerun? Unbelievable.

    By the way, Katy is now 23 but she looks like she is closed to 40 and she is also on his staff.

    She's 22, she had a birthday in November. And her only job is spending KO's money.

    She's 22, she had a birthday in November. And her only job is spending KO's money.

    Oh, so she's pay for play?

    She gets most women ever wanted, lives on Madison Avenue in NYC, dating a celeb, works at MSNBC, he gets her a job. She gets all the luxury she can get.

    CPS, not Madison Avenue.

    Still sounds like pay for play to me.

    Thank goodness we're getting a break from Olby...What a wonderful stocking stuffer.

    I would like to send Dan Abram's a "Special Comment" regarding my opinion of this moron. What is his email address?

    I would like to send Dan Abram's a "Special Comment" regarding my opinion of this moron. What is his email address?

    Hmm. At least we didn't hear whether he would name Michael Savage the "WPITW" again - for "ripping off" K.O. Last week on his radio show, Savage called CNN's Wolf Blitzer (a.k.a. the "Department Store Dummy") "the worst person on earth" for refusing to show pictures of some of the bodies from the Nazi Holocaust in response to Ahmadinejad's Holocaust denial "conference" in Iran which was attended by David Duke. By contrast, Savage's characterization of the Olberrated One, some weeks before, was as a "clown," and noted the paltry audience figures of "Countdown" (with comments along the lines of "nobody watches that garbage anyway").

    Mr. Abrams' e-mail address:

    dabrams@msnbc.com

    I think we should all send Mr.Abrams a 'special thank you' for not having Keith for two weeks.

    for not having Keith on for two weeks.....whoops!

    Two weeks off.......wow........I will bet his numbers wont change, the same morons will continue to watch his lameass program new or not. Just like having alzheimers and watching countdown, he only needs one program, to his viewers it would be news to them every day.

    Maybe Keith is just taking a two week vacation for Christmas.

    Yeah, taking two weeks off for Christmas, if the negotiations do not go well, we will hardly see him again until the contract ends and then we will all see him at Sports Center again. Dan Patrick wants him back, he said that this year, he is looking forward to be back with KO at Sports Center. So KO does have a backup plan, ESPN. However, ESPN will watch him every move, remember the recent apology on radio, they will not let him to do what they want to do. Besides, what is Dan Patrick making at ESPN, 4 Mil?

    I think that this page wins for most ineffectual hate site. You girls don't know why you hate Olbermann, except for the fact that his politics are different than yours and have turned out to be right. Suck it up, ladies. You've screwed up the country and much of the world. Let the men handle it now.

    I agress the war at Iraq is a mess. I don't think I will stand with the liberals and applaud of how this man is handling it in the benefit of his show ratings and his paycheck. He keeps denying he is a liberal. So he does not stand by with you guys. Mr. O'Reilly has just come back from iraq and when is KO now. Has he ever been to Iraq not even to New Orlean? By the way, does he know where Iraq is?

    I agree the war at Iraq is a mess. I don't think I will stand with the liberals and applaud of how this man is handling it in the benefit of his show ratings and his paycheck. He keeps denying he is a liberal. So he does not stand by with you guys. Mr. O'Reilly has just come back from iraq and where is KO now. Has he ever been to Iraq not even to New Orlean? By the way, does he know where Iraq is? Does he know what is really happening there?

    I guess you are an expert about hate sites, Anon.

    Yes, I agree with you, this is not a very good hate site....because it is not a hate site....it is an amusing and harmless site that EASILY points out the hypocrisy and stupidity of one of the radical left's spokespeople...Keith Olbermann.

    I don't hate Olbermann or anyone who holds to his vacant world view. I feel sorry for them because of their delusional beliefs of being right lead them to arrogance. Olbermann has never been proven "right," and I would be interested for you to show me where that idea could be incorrect.

    I disagree with liberals like Olbermann because they have been proven wrong time and again throughout recorded history. I know what I believe and what philosophies are the antithesis to my world view....and Keith Olbermann is just about the perfect symbol of that twisted, narcissistic and self-deluded mind-set.

    No hatred here, just an opinion that can be expressed on a site dedicated to exposing the lies of a certain untalented liberal entertainer.

    Johnny:

    Will you please let us know the ratings of last night show. I am curious, he did the radio show yesterday and looked like he is in NYC. But I am not sure he did part of it or the whole show. It is even more obivious he takes these two weeks off to do the negotiations and also let the executives see the ratings while he is gone. If last night ratings is still good, then you guys know the answer he will get 4 Mil or not. Mr. O'Reilly is back though.

    If the negotiations do not go wel, then we probably won't see him until Spring at Sports Center. He is good at no show or show up the last minute before air time.

    At $1.5 mio per year he is costing the network $3.20 per viewer!! HAAHAAHHAAHHAAAHHAAAHH

    And most viewers are in mental institutions!

    Cee,

    This site is nothing but hate...substance-free, otherwise...

    And, we liberals have been right since our country was founded on the principles of liberalism. We knew that Iraq was a bogus war, that Bush was a liar, that his financial "plan" would lead to record deficits, that his "plan" for North Korea would lead to an arms race and that his "plan" to save social security would make things worse. All of which you girls have had to admit at one time or another...

    What do you have? You've got nothin'...

    Use words like-
    SUCK IT UP- SCREWED UP- BOGUS- LIAR
    Who is the hater on this site?
    You Liberals hate America!

    Hate Speech: When we call them as they really are and make fun of their little hero Olby. When they hurl insults at us and call us names? Oh, they're perfectly justified, at least according to them. Libs can dish it out but they can't take it. Then they want to take their ball and go home.

    Anon 10:22 said: "Iraq was a bogus war, that Bush was a liar, that his financial 'plan' would lead to record deficits, that his 'plan' for North Korea would lead to an arms race and that his 'plan' to save social security would make things worse"

    A few minor quibbles Anon. From the "Liberal" playbook...

    It wasn't a "bogus war"... it's was a war for oil!
    It isn't "Bush is a liar"... it's Bush Lied Thousands Died!
    It's not Bush's "financial plan"... it's tax-cuts for the rich!
    It's not just "record deficits"... it's record deficits for as far as the eye can see!

    You also needed to work in Haliburton, neo-con cabal, big oil, an allusion to Bush = Hitler, and that the 9/11 attacks was an inside job.

    I FIGURED IT OUT !!!!

    Ive been turning over in the hopes of catching Keith’s special comments over the past few months. Lately when I watch I find myself getting this deja vu feeling. Its kind of a sleepy, memorized, half listening kind of a feeling. I couldnt place that feeling until last night.

    It’s must be the reuse of sentences or Keiths sentence structure technique or something.

    If you listen its basically the same phrases just phrased different. Regradless its all done in the same drum beating tone……

    The deja vu feeling and we’ve all had it is ????

    Remember when you where a kid in church. After the stand-up, sit down; stand-up, sit down thing, the sermon would begin. That’s when you get that sleepy, memorized, half listening feeling….. SO THERE IT IS

    Pastor Obly !!!!!!!!!!

    Right Orange Reverend Keith Obly

    JohnE,

    You are an example of the mentality of this board: You provide all these slogans that I never stated as a strawman. Rather than tell us why attacking Iraq was a good idea, you pretend that I pretend that it is about oil. Pretty cowardly...

    Bush is a liar...He's been one from the start. I don't need a slogan to remember that. Neocons need slogans. I just need to remember his "Blue ribbon panal of economists" that endorsed his economic plan. The only problem is that they didn't exist at all...

    Tax cuts in a time of war is unprecedented...and we can easily see why, can't we? You can't debate that, so you whine another triviality...

    You girls are mostly ignorant, so you write poetry, insults and idiocies. It doesn't bother me. My children will be competing with you young ladies in the job market. I've got no anxiety that they'll be unemployed for long...

    "we liberals have been right since our country was founded on the principles of liberalism"

    Bull. This country was founded on the principle of freedom of the well informed and ethical individual reasonably unopposed by secular authority.

    The "liberal" you and Keith Olbermann represent is 180 degrees from that ideal and support central secular governmental regulation of almost every aspect of the citizen's life....from birth, through childhood, marriage, career and into old age....We are less free to pursue our own destinies under the modern tyranny that is the federal bureaucracy that liberals support and have unfettered power over.

    Keth wants more money GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    I thought money didnt matter to folks of Keiths ilk ? Lets say it together......LIMOUSINE LIBERAL

    LOL... lighten up Anon. Geez dude, your initial post was a complete spewing of slogans and bumper-sticker talking points (I was just giving you the heads-up, from the "playbook" on how to better frame your cheap shots).

    You might wanna be careful about the "girls" and "young ladies" attempts at insult (your sexism is showing).

    Yeah, anon (11:27), liberals want to get involved with every aspect of a person's life...

    ...Unfortunately for your stupid remark, it is conservatives who want to tell you what you can watch, what you can say, who you talk to on the phone, what drugs you take, who you can marry and who you can associate with...

    JohnE,

    Frankly, I don't care what is showing. I'm not bound by political correctness any more than you are. Although, if I know that I am debating a woman on line, I am a little more polite...

    LOL... you got me there Anon (I was just tweaking you on the sexism thing). Your post makes me laugh (because it's the exact same one I would have written in response). :-)

    Why couldn't that white powder sent to the washed up sports caster have been real? That's what happens to "hate spewers".

    Why couldn't that white powder sent to the washed up sports caster have been real? That's what happens to "hate spewers".

    "We knew that Iraq was a bogus war"

    Bull. You had an opinion that militarily removing Saddam Hussein was not right. Why you supported a man that....

    supported the destruction of a sovereign state (Israel),

    supported terrorism via homicide bombers whose targets included civilians and who themselves were children,

    who killed thousands with chemical weapons based on their ethnicity,

    who even your own Democratic Party leaders, in 2002, said was pursuing WMD and would likely supply terrorists with the means to kill thousands at a clip,

    was behind an assasination plot of a US President,

    ...I will never understand. However, I like to be on the opposite side of such people like Saddam Hussein, as well as....

    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
    Osama Bin Laden
    Bashar al-Assad
    Hassan Nasrallah
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
    Omar Abdel-Rahman
    Abu Ayyub al-Masri

    and of course.....David Duke.....

    These are the liberals' allies in The War on Terror. At least one has been killed or a couple will die soon....but I know that even the death of evil men as these goes against the modern liberal's world view. Such a shame.

    Apologists for militant islam like you, anon, call the war bogus.....it is a wrong opinion and I thank God George Bush is still able to thwart the crazy policies of the radical American left.

    jeff,

    You are another example of neocons supporting terrorists...

    Jeff, grow up. KO is a dumbass with delusions of grandeur... and we all love to laugh and make fun of him, but to wish that he be sent Anthrax? Take that kind of crap elsewhere dude.

    Anon (11:56),

    Saddam was the Republican darling while they were committing the bulk of the murders that you talk about. Reagan knew...Bush sr knew...Rumsfeld knew...

    By the time Junior's war came about, Saddam was isolated from the Kurds and there had been no mass killings in over ten years...

    Therefore: Bogus...or perhaps you can tell me why Bush sr said that it would be a mistake to invade Iraq?

    The best things in life are free
    But you can give it to the brids and bees
    I need money ( Thats what I wannt )
    Thats what I want
    Thats what I want
    (Thats what I want)

    SING IT KEITH

    George Jr. as you called him, changed course after 9/11 for the host of other reasons I listed, anon.

    You still support Saddam even after 9/11, even after his capture and now as he stands to ready to be hanged.....

    Nice opinion, anon.

    Anon (12:16),

    You girls love your straw man arguments. Or perhaps you can show where I support Saddam. We were against him in the eighties when the Republicans were kissing his butt...

    Anon said: "We were against him in the eighties when the Republicans were kissing his butt..."

    You we against him in the 80's? Ok... who were you for then?

    JohnE,

    Who was I "for"? Saddam was a torturer who was condemned by Amnesty International. As far as I was concerned, he was a criminal.

    So, I guess that I was "for" human rights...

    The US (Reagan administration) did back Iraq in some limited ways during the 1980s in their war against Iran. The Reagan administration at the time felt that he was, essentially, the lesser of two evils.

    And you're saying what? We shouldn't have done that?

    Actually, the Reagan administration, spearheaded by Rumsfeld, lobbied to get Hussein off of the terrorist nations list and had given approval to Bechtel to build a chemical weapons plant in Iraq...

    So, to answer your question, we shouldn't have done that...

    Actually, I'm a lifelong liberal. Not all of us who post here who don't like Olbermann are conservatives you know. Again, you assume and your assumptions make you look like an ass. I'm just smart enough to figure out Olbermann for what he really is, and yes, a limo liberal pretty much describes him to a "T". I guess attending those cocktail parties with Hillary and Bill and Al Gore and all those Hollywood stars must cost more money than he's currently making. And that tells you what's most important with him, it's not his show, or his fans, it's his lifestyle and hanging out with fellow phoneys.

    I guess its time to remind you guys of the original intent of this website. This is NOT A SITE TO DEBATE ISSUES. This is a site for reasonable folks to take a rip at the “Orange One”.

    Somehow all you blowhard leftwing nut jobs found this site and feel the need to defend Obly. I dont want to come to this site and see a bunch of name calling and leftwing gobbledygook!

    So get your sorry butts back on MOVEON and leave this site for its original intent. If you LIKE KEITH and agree with Keiths view I could really give a crap. Blow your wind on some fruitcake site and leave us Obly Haters alone.

    Yeah, that whole title where it says, "Olbermannwatch?" It confuses them. Apparently they seem to think it says, "LiberalBitching". As I stated above, I'm a liberal and they get on my nerves. I can't begin to imagine what they do to you guys. Honestly, I'm thinking of changing my political affiliation. Not that I necessarly agree with the Republicans but from some of the lunatic posts here I have to ask myself do I really want to be associated with a bunch of people who are so clearly stupid/mentally deficient?

    If they can't see that what Olbermann is doing is a well-honed act, then anything else they have to say is nothing I'm interested in hearing.

    No side is always right. Both sides have logic gaps 1000 miles deep at times. But one thing remains consistent: Olbermann's an ass.

    brian,

    Thank you for proving my original point today: This is a hate-site. I wondered why the others disputed that.

    Use To be able to come to this site and get a few laughs. Then you MOVEON NUTJOBS found it and turned it into another blog-o-bull.

    PS Go smoke a joint and do something productive

    Facts tend to make you girls testy, eh?...

    Anon: "Thank you for proving my original point today: This is a hate-site. I wondered why the others disputed that."

    Good point... the Loons just *hate* it when Olbyass is shown to be the jerk that he is...

    Examples of a correct post on Olbermann Watch

    Boy Keith sure looked Orange last night. Must have did a double at the “WACKO TAN SALON”

    or

    Did you hear that crap that Obly was saying last night? I think the boy needs a little more ice and mix in his kool-aid

    or

    Was Keiths jock working up his shorts last night? Or is he just backed up from all the FRUITECAKE hes been eating.


    GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Lets get back to the basics ! THIS SITE IS NOT ABOUT FACTS. ITS ABOUT HATE !

    JohnE,

    This site is a hate site. It is obvious. Why not just enjoy hating together and not run from that fact?

    Anony... I'm too busy laughing at the nightly recaps of Olbermann to work up a anything like hate (don't project your feelings on me sister! ;-)).

    You know what? You're right. It IS a hate-site. And we hate YOU and we hate Olbermann. Now if you don't want to see Olbermann bashed, I suggest you don't come here.

    Yes our mutual hate for Keith and the things he stands for. PERIOD, NO DEBATE, NO FACTS, NO DISSENTERS.

    Isnt there like a Hannitywatch site or some place these blowhard communists can go and spew.

    "...PERIOD, NO DEBATE, NO FACTS, NO DISSENTERS..."

    What made the Republican party what it is...

    "PERIOD, NO DEBATE, NO FACTS, NO DISSENTERS"

    LOL, actually I think that describes Olberjerk's show perfectly. He'll brook no debate, he doesn't present any facts, and he doesn't book any dissenters... oh, and he seems like he's on the rag all the time (that's the PERIOD part ;-)).

    Anonymous

    we dont care what you think baby ! www.hannitywatch.com

    START YOUR SITE NUTJOB

    JohnE

    Your post gets an A

    That’s what I’m talking about baby…a traditional take a shot the Obly Man post.

    That’s is what its about !

    I have a site, brian. It is called olbermannwatchwatch. On my site, we make fun of the fact that you girls on this site know as much about American law, politics and history as the average penguin. We think that it is funny that you girls whine about what Olbermann DIDN'T talk about, so we have a section where we talk about what you didn't talk about Olbermann not talking about. It's got a dog with a muzzle on both ends...

    HILARIOUS!

    ::puffs out chest::

    Ya, baby, Brian gave me an A! And, all Olby has is a fat A!! ::bah dum bah!::

    anonymous ....we dont care what you think.

    "...we make fun of the fact that you girls on this site know as much about American law, politics and history as the average penguin."

    I'll have you know sir, that I'm at least as smart and know as much as an advanced penguin!

    Lets review Anonymous maybe you were not paying attention

    Boy Keith sure looked Orange last night. Must have did a double at the “WACKO TAN SALON”

    or

    Did you hear that crap that Obly was saying last night? I think the boy needs a little more ice and mix in his kool-aid

    or

    Was Keiths jock working up his shorts last night? Or is he just backed up from all the FRUITECAKE hes been eating.


    GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Follow the example that old JohnE posted. He caught on pretty fast. Maybe you need to work at your own speed. We understand. We'er understanding people here at Olbermannwatch.

    Anon... pretend that Brian here is Olberdouche and that you're Dana Milbank or Craig Crawford. Your job is too nod your head and agree with Brian, er, I mean, KO.

    When Olbermann allows dissent on his show, when he books guests with differing opinions who don't mimic his own, when the liberal websites like DU allow alternative opinions instead of the group mind-set, then I'll stop making fun of Liberals & Olbermann. Not until.

    "Speshul Komments"

    Really? This is really the kind of stuff you resort to? You guys are in worse trouble than I thought.

    We gots lots more than that Brian... see, we have all these names for Olbermann that are a kind of play off of his last name (you know, like Olberjerk, Olberdouche, Olberass...). Not only that, but we call his fans Olbyloons... and we even take his insulting comments about others and turn them back on him. Basically it's a laugh-a-minute around here.

    Keith Olbermann opened the Special Comments show thusly....

    "This was an unintended path you and I traveled in 2006, the simple result of the confluence of events, the realization of what needed to be said on behalf of many who felt their voices ignored or stills, and most importantly, a matter-of-fact surprising realization that nobody else with a platform like mine was going to say any of this,"

    This insincere introduction to the Special Comments makes me nauseous. For Keith Olbermann to claim these editorials were unintended would only be believed by a total idiot.

    Then, on top of that, to claim he has been the only administration naysayer in an election season full of fear mongering is so disengenuous as to be absurd.

    Keith Olbermann is a fraud and a flake.

    As it should be JohnE. As it should be.

    Keith sounds like "Chicken Little" at times. His Special Comments would have more authenticity if he were to be taken away by half a dozen G-Men in suits and ties. Then I would believe him.

    This site has really degraded.

    I think Anon 2:47 summed it up pretty well.

    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/12/19/omg/

    Nonfactor is back! Get ready for some real entertainment!

    So is anyone blowing taps over this site yet ?

    From TvNewser:

    "Also: It refers to the "popular Olbermann Watch Web site," but according to these traffic stats, the site averages just 1,426 visitors and 3,649 page views a day. That's "popular?" "

    HA! Losers! In the time this site has been in existence, Countdown has gotten bigger and bigger. I think it may be time to pack it in. You're site is useless and Olbermann is going to quadruple his salary. You guys are SUCH a thorn in his side. HA!

    Yo, Shaun and O'lielly....

    COUNTDOWN came in FOURTH place last night, even in the coveted demo.

    If you really think MSNBC is stupid enough to give someone like Keith Olbermann 4 million/year, you are smoking some pretty bad stuff.

    His total viewers barely got above 500,000 compared to O'Reilly's 2.3 million.

    Yeah, let's give 4 mil for those results!

    "Yo" Cee,

    Who gives a flying f*ck what happens on one night? It's all about averages. Certain nights Paula Zahn will have something interesting going on, like her recent race relations shows that did amazingly well. Those nights, she beat out Olbermann, which she rarely does anymore in the 25-54 demo.

    You want facts fool? Here are facts: Olbermann is a solid #2 in the 25-54 demo (you know, the one advertisers care about?) for the previous two months. He has been up significantly in three of the past four months compared to last year (typically 60-75% more 25-54 viewers than the same month in '05). And lest you try and blame it on interest in the elections, well, that's wrong. Your MORON, O'Reilly was either flat or down during the same time frame.

    Try and spin it any way you want, you guys are ineffectual, at best, dangerously obsessed, at worst.

    So when was the last time that Olbermann was able to put together five days as second (and still only second) to O'Reilly in the ratings?

    Answer: Never.

    And you might want to check the stats that are cited for this site against some of Olbermann's fanatical fan sites. Trust me, Owatch dwarfs them in comparison.

    Ineffectual? What do you think this site is for?

    I do not see my little posts on this site as more than an opportunity to provoke leftards like you, Shaun. The pathetic character of the people Olbermann represent is so shallow that I like to see how they fail time and again in arguing their points.

    I have had no problem evoking the ire of leftists like you in having debates for days on this site. I could post something right now and get 2 or 3 Olbermann apologists like you responding in 5 minutes.

    Also, Keith Olbermann gives this blog so much material to joke about that it is fun to see what people come up with. He is a pathetic human being with no moral compass and has the added advantage of thinking he is the smartest person in the room when, in reality, he is self-deluded and a perfect example of Narcissitic Personality Disorder.

    A personality disorder very common among the radical left.

    So Shaun, take a deep breath and realize that this site serves the purpose of documenting the stupidity of one Keith Olbermann. The stupidity is defended by lefties like yourself and it is fun to needle the faithful.

    If he survives the budget axe at MSNBC while all of those poor middle-class rightous dudes get the pink-slip, he will just be following in the path of the other limosine liberals who cry economic fouls for the common man but live the same lives as those they condemn.

    4 million a year.....if he gets this, please come back and post your victory speech, Shaun(SBCIH).....I'll concede after I read it.

    (snow ball's chance in hell)

    Shaun, I got your spin hanging bro... let us know when KO has a night (just one) where his audience is larger than O'Reilly and we'll talk. Given that he's gone-off-the-rails-in-the-bag for the loony left this year (what with the really really Special Comments and the Mister Bushes and the whoring by the blue blogs and all those democrat wins and republican scandals and the war in Iraq), I'm surprised his numbers aren't higher.

    How come they're not higher?

    Shaun,

    Olby picked up some gains so now he only trails BOR by 2x to 3x instead of 4x to 5x as before? So what? The real dynamic that one should be paying attention to here is where do things go from here for Olby. And looking at these trends shows that Olby is in trouble despite his recent gains.

    The kind of show that Olby has does not lend itself well to a wide audience. His show is one that really "preaches to the converted", a haven for left wingers seeking solace in Olby's lies, distortions and sophomoric insults to BOR and the Bush administration. Such an audience will swell as word of mouth gets out to the like minded, but once these fellow travellers saturate the Olby viewing ranks, where is Olby going to get additional viewers from? Olby's one sided view of the world (ultra liberal cocktail party circuit politics) has such limited growth potential that his numbers will soon (if they have not already) reach a high water mark and eventually viewers in the "coveted demo" will start to peel off as the prospect of a 50ish lib trying to play the role of stylish hipster begins to lose its appeal. Further, the more viewers observe Olby's stange obsession with BOR, his inclusion of stories like Richard Gere's encounters with gerbils, his refusal to report on serious news such as the Holocaust denial conference, and his faux channeling of Edward R. Murrow, the more viewers will recognize Olby for the clown that he is and he will quickly come back to earth.

    Sorry for the cold shot of reality Shaun, but it would be a disservice to you to lie to you and get your hopes up about a long lived Meltdown run.

    The reason I come to this site on occassion, is to listen to you kool-aid drinkers all congratulating each other about the same things you said the night before (and the night before that and the night before that...). The same insults: Olbyloons, Olby was really crazy tonight.. etc.. My God, do you guys listen to yourselves? You are pathetic. It is quite comical that you guys dedicate so much of your lives to someone you supposedly despise.

    I am going to address something that one of you said... This is something that you crazies like to latch on to again and again. That O'Reilly's audience is now still 2-3X the size of Olbermann's. While that is correct, the bulk of O'Reilly's audience (75% of the 2.4 million that watched last night) is outside of the demographic that advertisers care about and pay for. Most of O'Reilly's audience are hooked up to life support and will be dead in a few years anyway. When you compare the 25-54 audience (again, I know this is hard for you people to understand, but it's the only demographic advertisers care about), they are much closer, with Olbermann coming within 50,000 viewers several times over the past couple of months. THIS HAD NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. Now it's happening a couple of days a month. O'Reilly is no longer the untouchable figure in the ratings he once was. Again, in the 25-54 demo, the ONLY ONE ADVERTISERS CARE ABOUT. I have to make this disclaimer repeatedly because one of you, or all of you, because you all think the same, will try to hit me over the head with total audience numbers.

    I said it before, and I'll say it again: You are ineffectual, at best, dangerously obsessed, at worst.

    You know what the craziest thing is about your whole obsession? The left has ONE TRUE VOICE. ONE. Yes, you guys try to scream that there is a media bias anytime anyone says anything that is critical of Republicans in any way shape or form. But if there really was a liberal media bias, we never would have gotten into the quagmire that is Iraq. Look, the right has their own propaganda network. It's not as powerful as it used to be, but it's still nice to have. It sure was nice when you had them doing everything possible to take Clinton down, wasn't it? You guys are such hypocrites.

    Here's a 'cold shot of reality' for you: The Republican Revolution is OVER. The damage that you people have done to this country, to our Constitution, to the nation's psyche, is unforgiveable. The world will never forgive you.

    Here's a cold shot of reality for you: Olbermann is certifiably nuts and it's only a mater of town before he melts down again. He's a proven liar. And he'd leave MSNBC tomorrow if ESPN would have him back so there goes your theory that he actually believes the BS he's spewing.

    Shaun:

    Unfortunately, Bush doesn't know the Republican revolution is over. His stubborness is now manisfesting itself into a confrontation with the Joint Chiefs about sending additional troops into this 'quagmire', and a new Gulf Naval buildup that seems to suggest a possible Military confrontation with Iran.

    We are now paying a heavy price for not recognizing how dangerous the Neocon vision was in the 2004 elections.

    Shaun,

    Advertisers also care about consistency. If Olby is finshing second "a couple of times a month" at best in the demo (using your assumptions) but then stinks it up by fininshing fourth or fifth the rest of the month and consistently trails game show repeats, this is radioactive to advertisers.

    You ignored the main point of my post Shaun which is that, irrespective of Olby's recent improvements in the demo group, his future outlok is bleak. Go back and read my post again.

    Finally, if you claim Olbermann as your "one true voice", I pity you. You are better off with Charlie McCarthy.

    Shaun's "one true voice," has no credibility.

    Shaun's "one true voice," would be on network TV IF all what Shaun says was indeed true.

    Shaun's "one true voice," also covers gerbil rumors, the party habits of silly blonds and the latest in Cruise News.

    Shaun's "one true voice," has never defended his own crazy accusations live before someone who disagrees with his opinion.

    Shaun's "one true voice," is wrong.

    BTW, George Bush has had to face 100 million+ fellow citizen's judgement twice....he came through both challenges with a positive result.

    Legally, under our fine Constitution, FOR THE NEXT TWO WHOLE YEARS, he still has the power to do mostly what he feels is right.

    Unless the opposition moves to impeach him and then remove him from office, Mr. Bush can continue applying his proper judgement to the challenges our nation faces. This will be done with or without the support of the SLIM majorities of liberal losers
    in the both houses of Congress.

    So, those who hate Bush and want his policies stopped....what are you going to do?...continue to be ineffectual or start getting those representatives of yours to remove the evil man from office?

    Honeydew?
    Mike?
    Sir Loin of Milquetoast?
    Shaun?
    Olbermann?

    Hello?

    Cee: The sad part is that you're ALMOST right about Bush being able to do anything he wants "for the next two whole years"; The opposition does control the purse strings and COULD cut off funding.

    Like I said above, we are now paying a heavy, heavy price for Americans not recognizing how dangerous the Neocon vision was in the 2004 elections".

    I at least recognized how badly we had hurt our own country in that election....while the 'victors' danced around and gloated as if nothing more significant had happened than a hated college sports rival had just been vanquished.

    You sound kind of like a gloating child since you seem to have run out of facts supporting your irrational 'we can vanquish the world' visions.

    No Mike....no gloating from me....my tone is in response to the likes of Shaun & Professor Honeydew who arrogantly claim there has been a sea change in the country based on the 2006 elections....A real impact would have been seen if The House had achieved a veto proof majority for the left AND the Dems had a filibuster-proof majority in The Senate.

    I have been calling the bluff of radical liberals since the morning after election day....IF George Bush is so damaging to our country and evil and immoral....his impeachment under the new congressional leadership should be assumed.....In reality it is not.....Why?

    Because the majority of the country does not see the policies of the administration in such a ridiculous way.

    Olbermann has claimed The President of The United States has removed habeus corpus rights of citizens....the only remedy for such an offense would be removal from office....Why is Bush allowed to stay in office if he has committed such a horrible offense?

    Some allies of The President with regard to the war were even re-elected and have even more power now....Who?.....People like Joe Lieberman....If there had been such a movement for George Bush to totally change policy, Ned Lamont would now be the junior Senator from Connecticut.

    I am not gloating, Mike. I am responding to wackos like Bob (Honeydew) who see a new liberal majority in the country...the same 19% radical liberals still seem big because of their big mouths, but in reality they are just as ineffective as they were before.....Bush is still The President.

    Mike,

    I am so glad that you are clinging to "shrub is still President". That's pretty much all you have. Go with it.

    As your party continues to lose credibility, the Democrats are actually going about the business of running the country.

    Everything else that you said is not even worth responding to, except for the impeachment issue. Impeachment is off the table, as every Democratic leader has said. It would be horrible for the country for them to pursue it.

    However, as many people have mentioned, once hearings and true oversight starts happening, so much sh*t is going to come out about the incompetency and the corruption of this administration, that the Dems probably will not have a choice. They will be probably be forced to impeach.

    It is going to be a truly glorious two years!

    Mike,

    I am so glad that you are clinging to "shrub is still President". That's pretty much all you have. Go with it.

    As your party continues to lose credibility, the Democrats are actually going about the business of running the country.

    Everything else that you said is not even worth responding to, except for the impeachment issue. Impeachment is off the table, as every Democratic leader has said. It would be horrible for the country for them to pursue it.

    However, as many people have mentioned, once hearings and true oversight starts happening, so much sh*t is going to come out about the incompetency and the corruption of this administration, that the Dems probably will not have a choice. They will be probably be forced to impeach.

    It is going to be a truly glorious two years!

    Mike is on your side, Shaun....I think you are addressing me....cee

    Like I mentioned before....come back and post about the impeachment along with Olbermann's new contract that gives him 4M/year, Shaun. (SBCIH)

    I like the fact that you ignore the fact that the democrats are in a majority that has such a small margin that nothing of great substance will get accomplished without moving to the right.

    I also like the fact that you ignore good ol' Joe Lieberman who supports this war on terrorism, including Iraq, and now has the liberal Senate Dems, who deserted him in the general election, kissing his feet.

    The Democrats will screw up again because they have to try to pay back that small minority of radical leftists only interested in endless investigation and bringing down The President. They will over-reach and, at a minimum, the executive branch will remain solidly Republican in 2008.

    9:48AM anon was cee

    Mike, do you really feel superior because you don't have opinions, but rather you are the arbiter of all that is absolutely true, just and right? Or, do you just get hung up in emotion and personal beliefs and get a little wild and crazy with the rhetoric.

    Cee did not say GWB could do ANYTHING he wants for the next two years. He said he has the legal, moral and constitutional right to exercise his own judgment and enforce that with the constituional powers granted to him in the last election.

    For my part and for many others on this site you should be aware that we base our arguments on personal belief systems and our interpretation of events and the historical perspective that we see as applicable to those events.

    We may be totally wrong, totally right or anywhere in between. The same applies to you and everyone else on this site.

    So why the accusations of every moral, intellectual and personal faults of those who disagree with you and others? You are not always that way, nor are you anywhere close to many others who post here. But you do engage in it sometimes.

    I am serious. Where does this attitude come from? As long as there is this barrier our country is going to have a much harder, if not impossible, task of reaching workable consensus.

    The historical judgment regarding events from the early to middle 20th century isn't in yet. So how can you hold as self evident truths your opinion of current events?

    Janet Hawkins
    AKA Grammie

    Bush is a joke. The neocons are a joke. The radical right is a joke. Big fat failures. On multiple fronts. Extreme policies of the radical right. Going down in flames, bigtime. Great fun to watch.

    Janet:

    To begin with, I actually respect you more than the vast majority of the other posters on this site. That said, I think you are misinterpreting my post a little.

    I also base my posts based on a personal belief system, and I fully understand that it is only my opinion. That said, how is that different than what anyone else is doing here? I state my opinions as 'fact' because that is what I believe them to be. I am open to correction, as you have seen, unlike some who come here. In fact, the reason I started coming here was because I wanted to understand the belief system of the other side a little better, not to defend or trash Olbermann.

    As far the Iraq debacle, I believe the verdict IS pretty much in, although you obviously disagree. I would also take issue with your statement that "the historical judgments regarding events from the early to middle 20th century isn't in yet". By that yardstick, George Bush could never be held accountable for his actions in his lifetime! How convenient for Bush and all those that helped him do this.

    Sorry, but I DO feel a lot of anger that we invaded Iraq and have from the beginning. I feel this decision has hurt our Nation exponentially, and recovery will be long and difficult. I can't change how I feel about that! Now that events are pretty much following the "worst case" scenario, I think it IS time we took a hard look at how we got there.

    After the 2004 elections, I was personally depressed for months because I felt we, as a country, had just missed a critical opportunity to modify a disasterous foreign policy course. I wouldn't have felt worse if a family member had died. Instead of an election based on real issues, we endured a campaign based on personalities and character assasinations. Bush's irrational persistance was obvious and well documented at that time, and if things continued to go downhill, as they have, recovery would be impossible with him at the helm.

    But, once again, all of that is just my opinion!

    Did anyone see John Stewert chew up William Crystal last night on his show?

    I will give Crystal credit for even showing his face these days. Talk about living in denial!

    "I believe the verdict IS pretty much in, although you obviously disagree."

    hey listen, it doesn't matter what happens in Iraq now for the radical right.
    from now till they croak the right will say Iraq woulda/coulda/shoulda worked.
    or that it actually DID work.
    kind of like finding the WMDs.
    utterly laughable.

    Mike, thanks for the answer. I didn't mean that no judgments are in, but that many are up for grabs and possible shifts. There is still a wealth of classified info from around the world that hasn't been released.

    The breaking of Enigma only became common knowledge in the last five or ten years. Churchills' six volume history of WWII doesn't give a hint of it. The Cuban Missile Crisis has new info just in the last few years.

    And there can be really long term influences and consequences that aren't recognized for many decades or even centuries. A case on point is the British Empire.

    I guess this attitude that is so prevalent today that one group, individual, party or philosophy has a lock on objective truth doesn't sit well with me. You may have noticed that I use terms such as I believe, I think or I feel based on this fact or that prior historical perspective. And that is all that I have to offer: my best judgment and whatever I can do to promote the implementation of that judgment. And I frequently worry and reevaluate because I am all too aware that I could be the equivalent of those well documented fools throughout history.

    My responses to the Coward, SLOB, Bob and their ilk is a completely different subject.

    You are one of the very few coming from your perspective that I respect. That said, you sometimes fall into that mode of name calling and righteous moral superiority.

    History will judge us all. I've always hoped that if I make it into heaven that my reward will be knowing the answer to those questions.

    Janet Hawkins
    AKA Grammie

    PS What is the status of your research prompted by Ohboy? Have you looked into the historical perspective of Lincoln and FDR re special powers granted the Executive branch in times of national crisis and our track record of peaceful withdrawal of those powers when the crisis is over?

    People are catching on that BushCO incompetance re: most things foreign/domestic has revoked whatever special wartime powers they deserved. As evidenced by the Prez's lousy approval and iraq-war and wrong direction ratings. You are given the benefit of the doubt as ComInChief. But BushCo blew it. On numerous worsening fronts. You can stick a fork in Iraq, the neocons, and the right's moral majority. They're done.

    Anon, you have a strange sense of proportion. Lets cut GWB's nose off to spite our faces. Lets go back to severely restricted executive power and if that gives any Islamofascists a leg up, Bush deserved it.

    Meanwhile, we the people will be at higher risk from terrorists.

    At what point do you anticipate returning to a normal balance or broadened powers in the future? Or do you favor a case by case determination based on what?

    I don't think that is how our government functions. The power accrues to the office, not the current holder of that office. Some presidents extend that power further than others and some give up power without a wimper.

    Janet Hawkins
    AKA grammie

    hey, you can argue all you want that the exec deserves spec powers, in general, and during wartime, in particular. but this latest experiment in exec power didn't go so well. and the disapproval numbers are bad for this admin and getting worse. they blew it. not just Bush, but the whole admin. and there's gonna be plenty of blowback. the electorate giveth and the electorate taketh away (i.e., the midterms). and if you think the public is in a sour mood now re: all things BushCO, just wait till the congressional investigations get rolling. yummy.

    "severely restricted" executive power?
    oh yeah?
    sez you.
    personally i think you're full of shit.
    and most people seem to agree.

    Anon, I didn't argue anything. I simply pointed out some facts relative to executive power no matter who the executive is. I asked how you proposed we implement your position.

    I would suggest to you that a position posited on constitutionally granted power being treated as an experiment could be dangerous if it gained traction. The structure of our government is such that changes of the magnitude and time frame you seem to favor could only be accomplished by overthrowing the government.

    I know you really hate Bush, but that much?

    Well, what can I say. There are people in this world whose good opinion I value and strive to keep. You and those most people you seem to be so enamored of are not in that group.

    Janet Hawkins
    AKA Grammie

    Cee,

    I did forget to respond to your ABSOLUTE NONSENSE about Joe Lieberman winning in CT. Lieberman won because he was the de facto Republican nominee. Ned Lamont winning in a 3 way race would have been a breeze if there were a credible Republican (almost an oxymoron at this point, but I digress). Lieberman had a helluva lot more R's voting for him than did the actual R nominee. That was too much for Lamont to overcome, but it sure did prove our point about him being Bush's bitch.

    He also won because he tried to confuse his position on the war. Running that DECEITFUL commercial staring into the camera saying that he wanted to bring the troops home. Lieberman's a f---ing liar and you guys can have him. He'll burn in hell just like the rest of you war mongers.

    It's ironic that the ONLY victory R's can point to in this election is that Joe Lieberman was re-elected. Woohoo! BIG WIN FOR YOU GUYS! Except, um, well, he is caucussing with us, so you still lose.

    Shaun...You only see what you want to see...

    Connecticut is a VERY Blue state and Lieberman won. If the wave was so huge against Bush, then he would have lost. Period.

    BTW, he may be in with the Dems for caucus, but he has them where he wants them...revenge is a dish best served cold.

    Also, you failed to address the fact that the country did not give your silly party a larger majority. In fact, from history, the numbers the Dems got were not as big as previous years. The party in power in a midterm election during a second presidential term usually loses many more seats in Congress....You losers only have a one vote margin in The Senate and many of your Dems in The House are not dyed-in-the-wool leftists and ran as conservatives in their home districts...we'll see how they act for their Marxist masters.

    Cee,

    You just love to repeat the talking points you hear on Rush & Hannity, don't you? Not an original bone in your body. Just like to be lead around by your Dictator and his followers. Out of the 30 pickups we made, only about 10 can be considered conservative, if that many. That is something that you guys like to throw out there to make yourselves feel better about your ideology being rejected by the populace.

    We didn't pick up more seats because of all the institutional advanatages you guys had going in to this election. It was the reason that King Moron, Karl Rove, believed in his heart, you were only going to lose 10-14 House seats and 2-3 Senate seats. Those advantages (gerrymandering, The FauxNews Propaganda Machine, your vaunted GOTV, etc.) did help to keep about 15-20 seats in your party. Quite a few seats were won by the R's where the margin was less than a few percentage points. Back in '94, all the close races went to you guys because we were unprepared for that election. You guys saw this coming a mile away. How could you not?

    You state that the # of seats won is a lot less than an opposing party wins during a president's second mid-term. Interesting, then why did Clinton & the Dems GAIN seats during his second mid-term in '98? They are from the same party, you know? Seems we did okay by that standard, didn't we?

    Again, with regards to Lieberman, the man is a serial liar, something your party is extremely familiar and comfortable with. He blurred the lines between his stated positions and his actual voting records, time and time again. Plus his voting records was faily liberal, but I'll repeat this: if the CT-Sen election had gone as any normal election with a credible R & D, Lieberman would have lost. Hell, all it would have taken would have been for Alan whats-his-name to have pulled 21% of the vote, instead of the 10% he got, and Lamont would have won. In no election, do you expect the Repulican candidate to receive only 10% of the vote.

    As for having us right where he wants us, yeah right. He has been marginalized by this election and he knows it. He used to be the Democrat that FauxNews and Shrub would always go to so that they could proclaim they have bipartisan cover. Now, he isn't a true Democrat anymore and everyone knows it. Now, if he wants to criticize the Dems, it will be looked at as sour grapes. He won't switch parties now either. He's a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Any idiot that looks at the 2008 electoral map would see that the Dems are almost certainly going to pick up additional seats. The R's are defending way too many, in way too blue states. If he switches now, it benefits him until then, and we would never take him back.

    You are just too easy to pick apart. Your BS is the same stuff spewed by the Right Wing Noise Machine. That's all it is too: Noise. You guys have been marginalized and it hurts. It sure is fun to be on this side though. I've been on your side, I feel your pain. The difference though, is that I don't have a black, corrosive and rancid soul.

    Wow, Shaun you are pretty smart. You convinced me. Now go play nice with the other kids.

    "Out of the 30 pickups we made, only about 10 can be considered conservative, if that many. That is something that you guys like to throw out there to make yourselves feel better about your ideology being rejected by the populace."

    I can't recall who recently countered this classic ditto-head talking point best with, "Yeah, it's too bad the 'conservative' Democrats didn't win 60 seats instead of 30 -- then the midterms would have been twice the victory for the GOP."

    All you republicans are protesting too much! Olberman is wonderful! He tells the truth! The person we MUST get rid of is Georgie w bush while we still have a country left! Why cant you republicans see thru this evil "man"!!!

    All you republicans are protesting too much! Olberman is wonderful! He tells the truth! The person we MUST get rid of is Georgie w bush while we still have a country left! Why cant you republicans see thru this evil "man"!!!

    All you republicans are protesting too much! Olberman is wonderful! He tells the truth! The person we MUST get rid of is Georgie w bush while we still have a country left! Why cant you republicans see thru this evil "man"!!!

    The truth usually outs.
    It just takes a little time.
    Even if you continue to deny it.
    You know what Lincoln said about fooling people.

    Isn't it great that we live in a country
    Where a man in ex-redstate Ohio
    Can get some press coverage
    Stoning the Republican HQ in Columbus
    Yelling that the GOP is a cancer that should be exterminated?

    In a country where Jeb Bush
    Admits that his political career is over?
    The elder President-To-Be son, now kaput,
    Because of the blacksheep Coke-Head-Dunce son.

    In a country where the MSM
    Reflects satanic images of the little bastard,
    Like Drudge screaming at the top of his bandwidth
    "BUSH 'DEVIL HORNS' PIC HITS WIRES."

    Isn't it just great?
    Merry Christmas Storm Troopers !
    Happy New Years Investigations !!

    (and remember, dumbshits.
    yes, Bush is loathsome
    (just like you guys)
    but it ain't ya'll that's most repugnant,
    it's the policies,
    you stupid f---s.)


    \"I would suggest to you that a position posited on constitutionally granted power being treated as an experiment could be dangerous if it gained traction. The structure of our government is such that changes of the magnitude and time frame you seem to favor could only be accomplished by overthrowing the government.\"

    Christ, you\'re a moron.
    Simply returning to pre-Bush constitionality would suffice.
    And that is hardly a change of magnitude equivalent to an overthrow, you ninny.

    \"I would suggest to you that a position posited on constitutionally granted power being treated as an experiment could be dangerous if it gained traction. The structure of our government is such that changes of the magnitude and time frame you seem to favor could only be accomplished by overthrowing the government.\"

    Christ, you\'re a moron.
    Simply returning to pre-Bush constitionality would suffice.
    And that is hardly a change of magnitude equivalent to an overthrow, you ninny.