Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    January 30, 2007
    Olby Gets Mushnicked

    Is it true that the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann can dish it out, but can't take it? On OlbyPlanet, does the world truly revolve around Krazy Keith? Is he just a wee bit self-absorbed? New York Post sports/television writer Phil Mushnick had some thoughts on this matter in his weekend column. It appeared in the print paper but not online, which may explain why we didn't see a "worst person" trashing of Mr Mushnick on Monday (apparently Media Matters and KO's other blue blog sources don't get the hardcopy edition):

    mushnick.jpg

    [Special thanks to KB for sending this along.]


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (64) | | View blog reactions

    64 Comments

    it's funny because it's true

    On the November 15 edition of MSNBC's Countdown, host Keith Olbermann named Glenn Beck winner of his nightly "Worst Person in the World" segment for, as Media Matters for America documented, declaring to Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim elected to Congress: "[Y]ou are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."

    Olbermann previously bestowed the "Worst Person" award upon Beck for calling anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan "a pretty big prostitute," as Media Matters noted. Beck also received "the bronze" in Olbermann's "Worst Person" segment for asserting, in response to a New York Times report on a Treasury Department program designed to track terrorists' international financial transactions: "Can you imagine The New York Times coming out and saying, 'Hey, the ovens aren't so bad,' back in World War II. Can you imagine that?" Beck continued: "I don't know. Sure, there are some Jews in there, but I bet they might make some good pizzas in there, too. The New York Times is just -- I don't get it. I don't understand it."

    From the November 15 edition of MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann:

    OLBERMANN: But our winner, conservative commentator Glenn Beck. Interviewing Congressman-elect Keith Ellison of Minnesota, who will become the first man of the Muslim faith to serve in the House, Beck actually said this to Ellison: quote, "No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Hey, Glenn, you divisive fearmonger. How 'bout you prove to us that you're not working with our enemies? Glenn Beck, today's "Worst Person in the World."

    Kaptain Skumbag -- Keith Olbermann! this guy just gets more and more tiresome every day, but thank God you guys have this site to call him out.

    Typical Murdoch hit job. Our erstwhile editorialist claims Olbermann gave Beck the award for making a personal attack... but, doesn't specify what the attack was.

    Then, we learn in one of the first posts here he named him for his comments to our first Muslim US Representative. Comments for which Beck has since apologized and should never have been said.

    And, typical of this website to give this editorial more of a voice... when it is clearly innacurate in it's representation of the WPW given rightfully to Beck.

    Maybe Johnny Dollar is working with our enemies? Clearly, they love having Bush in office because they're numbers are growing all the time. And, Olbermann brings to light deceptions with this administration... and Johnny doesn't like Olbermann...

    Only stands to reason that Johnny Dollar may be in league with Al Qaeda. Not so far fetched, is it.

    It's too bad our Olbypologists are not better at their research than they are at defending the indefensible Keith Olbermann. From Countdown, Jan 10:

    The bronze to commentator Glenn Beck, telling “Radar Magazine,” quote, my problem with Keith Olbermann is, just admit it, just admit that you‘re a liberal. I have not heard the man get on television and say look, I am as liberal as they come. I‘ll come on and say I‘m not a journalist, I‘m as conservative you can get. No, you would have to come on and say, I‘m a delusional bigot, who joked about killing Michael Moore, and called the victims of Hurricane Katrina scum bags.

    Mushnick nailed it. The Olbypologists are caught again. All in all, a good start to the day.

    And this is how "great" Keith is as a sports guy. Discussing Barbaro, he said that people should be outraged that "Arabains" have been bred to carry such weight loads on their tiny, thin legs that snap easily. Keith, race horses are Thoroughbreds, not Arabians. It's true, if it's not baseball, he doesn't know what the hell he's talkinga bout.

    "Discussing Barbaro, he said that people should be outraged that "Arabains" have been bred to carry such weight loads on their tiny, thin legs that snap easily. Keith, race horses are Thoroughbreds, not Arabians."

    Technically, brandon, Keith is right. All Thoroughbred horses can trace their lineage back to Arabian blood (in the 17th century Engligh mares were bred with Arabian stallions).

    All Thoroughbreds are Arabians, while not all Arabians are Thoroughbreds.

    Yeah J$, it took me about a minute with Google to find the right Glenn Beck WPITW award. Here's something that you won't often see in the same sentence... Olbyloons and critial thinking.

    1:01 post
    Now one of my favorite posts from Chicken Blogger...
    Find the wrong WPITW and accuse YOU of
    misleading the audience. F'in Hysterical!

    And then James piles on. Classic lefteeism!
    Dumb begets more dumb!
    HHHHAAAA!

    Olbermann should go back to reporting on Sports Center. Politics isn't for him. He's too thinned skin and angry.

    See what I mean about the lengths that the Olby-cult members will go to in order to claim their GOD wasn't wrong? Notice the circular logic used above in EE's post where he/she/it claims that Ko was "technically correct."

    No, he was entirely wrong. Arabians don't race in the Kentucky Derby, or any of the Triple Crown Races. While they may have common ancestors, that's like comparing all dogs to a wolf and trying to claim that makes them all wolves. The Horse Racing Association has incredibly strict rules about the lineage of the horses it registers. And Arabians aren't allowed in. They are two entirely different breeds and I should know, I've owned both breeds. Furthermore, Barbaro was most certainly NOT an Arabian as KO claimed.

    So that means your Cult Leader was not "technically correct" when he claimed Barbaro was an Arabian. And when you're not technically correct, you're W-R-O-N-G.

    But, the point is. . .Glen Beck IS a delusional bigot who joked about killing Michael Moore, and called the victims of Hurricane Katrina scum bags.

    WORST

    f---ING

    WEBSITE

    ON

    THE

    INTERNETS!!!

    > it took me about a minute with Google to find the right Glenn Beck WPITW award

    Note also that Mushnick was precisely correct as to why KO named him. All he did was say in "Radar" that Olby should admit he's a liberal. Oralmann was so outraged that anyone dare question him that, for that reason alone, he named Beck, tossing in a bunch of rationales from OLD WPitW mentions to cover his tracks. Not only is the air thin on OlbyPlanet, so is the skin.

    BEST

    f---ING

    WEBSITE

    ON

    THE

    INTERNETS!!!

    Loons from both sides like moths to a bug zapper!

    Brandon, you can kindly DROP DEAD! I find you calling me (by extension) a cult member HIGHLY INSULTING AND DEROGATORY and am now force to respond in kind to such a SLANDEROUS accusation.

    You, sir, are the worst kind of automoton. You accept whatever you are told by "the authority". No questions asked. No argument. Just "input received, awaiting instructions."

    But, the point is. . .Glen Beck IS a delusional bigot who joked about killing Michael Moore, and called the victims of Hurricane Katrina scum bags.

    No, the point is Olbermann can dish it out but can't take it. The article did not even mention Moore or Katrina.

    Did Anyone hear Imus on the radio or watch his show on MSNBC? He had Bo Dietl on, and he totally ripped into Olbermann. It was absolutely hilarious and true what Dietl said about that worthless piece of shit. RIGHT ON, BO! YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!

    Did Anyone hear Imus on the radio or watch his show on MSNBC? He had Bo Dietl on, and he totally ripped into Olbermann. It was absolutely hilarious and true what Dietl said about that worthless piece of shit. RIGHT ON, BO! YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!

    olby cant go after imus though as that would be bad business. I'm just curious if Keith knew that or if Abrams had to tell him.

    The proof is in your posts E.E.: you saw/heard/read what Olbermann said and then went out of your way to try to prove him right, knowing full well he's wrong. You aren't capable of admitting he's wrong and took the time to defend him, even though your attempt was utterly ridiculous.

    I'm amused by the cult label and since it's obviously pissing a few of the Loonies off, I'll continue to use it although I didn't coin the term. But it just fits so perfectly with the KeithLoons behaviors. I've read his fan sites and know that that they don't allow dissention of any kind. They have a collective intelligence, such as it is, that requires they all agree with one another. No disagreements can be had at those sites. They all want to remain "Pro-Keith" no matter what it is he does. Furthermore, they chide and penalize others who dare post about anything that isn't 100% positive regarding the Keithster. And that's a sure sign that you're not a simple fan, but you're a member of some cult. I wouldn't want to be branded a member of a Keith Olbermann cult either, nd while I'm sure you DO find it offensive, there's a reason for it: I'm right.

    they don't like it when you call them what they are. its like when you call them the democrat party instead of democratic. There worried that with out the word Democratic, people will see what they really are.


    Democrat agena
    Fair Trade over free trade
    Government set prescription drug prices
    government regulated wages
    My states govenor just raised the ciggarette tax by a buck to fund his new social programs. (i dont smoke but enough is enough. fourth time in three years they have raised it.)
    and we will be fighting all of our wars on a timetable. wonderful strategy. I wonder how long it will take our enemies to come up with a counter-one.

    Happy times are here again.

    So now that I've been labeled, categorized and summarized, would you like to do anything else?

    Maybe YOU should reflect - you don't want to have rational debate. You just want to call people names and bask in your smug superiority.

    I chose to answer a question - I didn't have a preconception on whether Keith was right or wrong. The research I did said that Thoroughbred horses are descended from Arabians and that the breed didn't exist before Arabians were cross-bred with English mares.

    I drew a conclusion - maybe it was the wrong conclusion. You challenged my conclusion (which is fine), but then you added an attack that was unwarranted and unnecessary. That's what irked me.

    Thoroughbred horses are descended from Arabians and that the breed didn't exist before Arabians were cross-bred with English mares.

    Tonight, more overreaching statements from KO.

    "thats awful to use mules as a pack animal. there are desended from horses. They should be racing."

    or

    "Humans are desended from monkeys. thats awful that we live in cities, build things, progress, fight wars, get married and such. We should be in trees and sniff our shit covered fingers."

    "its like when you call them the democrat party instead of democratic. There worried that with out the word Democratic, people will see what they really are."

    No, it's because the name is THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Has been since the party was founded in the 1820's. It was Newt Gingrich who decided to use the word "Democrat" as a pejorative.

    Geez, will you people read a civics text once in a while?

    More from KO

    "How dare we domesticate dogs. They were once wild and free creatures. Now they are slaves to mankind. Used as pets and seeing eye-dogs. We have destroyed there entire way of life. Have you no shame Mr. Bush. To sit on your throne and advocate the enslavement of canines all across the world.

    *camera pivot*

    THis is madness mister Bush. The constitution makes no mention of dogs as man's best friend, and yet you interperate it as such so that you can send thousands of dogs to a life of servitude. Shame on you MISTER BUSH."

    No, it's because the name is THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Has been since the party was founded in the 1820's. It was Newt Gingrich who decided to use the word "Democrat" as a pejorative.

    Geez, will you people read a civics text once in a while?


    I'm saying whats the big deal? Start calling us republics and see if we care. You're hiding something. hiding behind your false sense of providing democracy. Was it democracy when your party advovated slavery? Was it democracy when you force the north to only make blacks 3/5 of a human. Democratic? Please.

    No, E.E., here's what you said, after quoting what I said that Olbermann said, "Technically, brandon, Keith is right. All Thoroughbred horses can trace their lineage back to Arabian blood (in the 17th century Engligh mares were bred with Arabian stallions).

    All Thoroughbreds are Arabians, while not all Arabians are Thoroughbreds."

    You used pretzel logic to defend Olbermann's statement in your vain attempt to prove him right. And now you're trying to say you didn't say what you said and that you weren't defending him. Now you're trying to change the argument, again, a frequent tactic of the Olbyloons, to change the discussion and again, protest because you feel insulted. I feel insulted every single time I watch Keith's show. I'm insulted here by the Olbyloons on a daily basis. But I don't get my panties in a wad about it the way you do EE. You're taking it a bit personal. Maybe you need to call on some of your fellow cult members to come and defend you. Oh, that's right, they're busy defending Keith and waxing poetic about how wonderful he is in 10,000 word essays on the little fan sites you've set up to idolize him on.

    The Keith fans are as thin-skinned as Olbermann himself.

    ow. my skin hurts. ow Stop hurting me with words. ow.
    Im gonna make you WPITW if you dont stop. ow.

    ow. my skin hurts. ow Stop hurting me with words. ow.
    Im gonna make you WPITW if you dont stop. ow.


    mmmmm? Im not entirely convinced you're a keith fan.

    Best part- His enemies at Fox News obviously decided to ignore him again. They realized his hysterical rants were an obvious ratings grabbing ploy. KOs rhetoric against those evil Fox people will now be ratchetted up. Look at me. Look at me!

    "Was it democracy when your party advovated slavery?"

    That's a misconception. Some factions of the Party advocated slavery to preserve the Union (but only in states that already had it), some wanted states to choose whether they would be slave or free states, and others (particularly in the Free States) wanted abolition. In fact, it was those abolition supporters who quit the Democratic Party and formed the Republican Party.

    Even during the Civil War, there were divides between "War" and "Peace" wings of the party. Why do you think Andrew Johnson was nominated as Lincoln's vice-president in 1864? Johnson was no Republican - it was to garner the support of the "War" wing.

    "Was it democracy when you force the north to only make blacks 3/5 of a human"

    Um, there was no such thing as a Democratic Party (or a Republican Party for that matter) when the 3/5 Compromise was written. Take it up with the framers (who didn't fracture into political parties until the beginning of the 19th century).

    "But I don't get my panties in a wad about it the way you do EE. You're taking it a bit personal."

    YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT I TAKE IT PERSONALLY! You don't know a thing about me, yet you can stand here and judge me? You insult me with highly charged words and expect me not to react with a visceral and emotional response?

    I have posted about 6 times about how the major stand that Olbermann is taking involves being against the war, against the Bush Administration, their power grabbing, and their atacks on individual rights and privacies.

    How do ANY of these stands make him a 'liberal'? I'm not saying that he isn't a liberal, but I am saying that none of those things that he consistantly harps on are exclusively liberal ideals.

    As far as backing the Democrats, as he IS admittedly doing right now...well of course he would, after all, they ARE the closest thing to an anti-war party that we have at the moment.

    What OTHER stands have you seen KO take that actually brands him as a 'liberal'? Is he for Gay Marriage? Is he pro - abortion? Does he want the guns taken away? How about Social Programs? etc, etc,? I don't know the answer to any of those questions...do you?

    Being against Bush and the war is not 'liberal'! And guess what Sherlock, Bush himself is not really a true conservative.

    That's a misconception. Some factions of the Party advocated slavery to preserve the Union (but only in states that already had it), some wanted states to choose whether they would be slave or free states, and others (particularly in the Free States) wanted abolition. In fact, it was those abolition supporters who quit the Democratic Party and formed the Republican Party.


    not to get drawn into a pointless argument, but its not really a misconception. The vast majority of those that were successionists were democratic. Yes, of course there were dissent within the party, as there was with radical republicans, but that doesnt change the argument.

    Again it doesn't matter since that party is very different from today's democrats (though god help me why they decided to keep the same name), but you almost make it sound like democrats were the champions who abolished slavery.

    mike, i agree bush is a long way off from a conservative. and i agree that i cant really say olbermann is liberal. His show really doesn't portray a pro liberal bias, But i can say with certainty that he is anti-conservative and his show absolutly shows that bias.

    He doesn't push left wing ideals, he just kills right-wing ones. (almost at any cost, regardless of the issue.)

    Phil Mushnick wrote

    ".....As an ESPN anchor, Olbermann's thoughtful probing approach made me a fan. But he had one weakness: Himself. He takes criticism poorly and much personally, as if it was a crime against nature."

    Look folks, couple this with what Tony Snow once said. "You could fit his friends in a phone booth."

    Does this leopard, change his spots at MSNBC?

    Doubt it!

    So one has to ask, How many friends does Olby have?

    29 days to go and no new contract. Still can't produce the million viewers.

    And right now Keith is under a microscope from the higher ups and the bean counters.

    Wait! Could Keith be taking Frankin's old slot at Air-America? Oh wait! Thats a liberal network. Olby denies he is a liberal. But clueless Mark Green could convince his brother to show Keith the money.

    Keith against Limbaugh and O'Reilly!!!!

    Keith are you listening?

    Can you see Keith taking phone calls? LOL!!!!

    Mike wrote

    "Bush is not really a conservative."

    Really Mike? WOW! Gee Wiz! You just found that out?

    Mike, take a deep breath! think really hard and tell us something we don't know.

    We know you can do it!!!!!!!

    But Olbermann is not really a liberal.

    Okay what ever you say Mike!!!!!!!

    Wink, wink,nod.

    "but you almost make it sound like democrats were the champions who abolished slavery."

    No, because the parts of the "old" Democratic Party that supported outright abolition quit and grouped with the remnants of the Whigs and Free Soilers to form the Republican Party. The current Democratic Party has more in common with the Progressive and Populist Parties of the late 19th/early 20th centuries than with the "ante bellum" days.

    But the whole point of the name is to harken back to the Jacksonian days and the concepts of "rule by the people", just as the Republicans picked that name to symbolize the concept of a united government.

    Good times

    Every night Olby starts his show bashing Bush, every night.

    Every night Olby bashes conservatives, Fox News , Republicans on worst person. Every night!

    So can we say his show does tilt just a little bit liberal?

    Mike is trying to shift the subject.(Gee again?)
    The point of Mr. Mushnick's article was Olby is very thin skinned and takes criticism poorly.

    Keith gos off the wall because a sportswriter in Pittsburgh said Olby was on a bit of a fade since leaving ESPN. A sportswriter in Pittsburgh!! Not really what you call a major market.

    What if the news print was to turn on Keith? What would happen them?

    And what this all has to do with Mike telling us Bush is not really a conservative is beyond me!

    This will be funny to watch because this article by Mr. Mushnick did not appear on the website. Mr. Dollar had to obtain the hard copy.

    So if the blue blogs or Keith say anything about this, well it's gona make you wonder eh?

    Democrat = Noun = Member of the Democratic Party.

    Democratic = Adjective = Describing above Noun or a Democracy, a Type of Government.
    ___________________________________________________

    Republic = Noun = A type of Government.

    Republican = Noun or Adjective = A Member of the Republican Party, or description thereof.
    ___________________________________________________

    So, because the term 'Democratic' could be used to describe a democracy, the NeoCons decide to begin using the term 'Democrat' party to describe the Democratic Party. Just another thinly veiled attempt by NeoCons to change the language to influence thinking in their favor.

    Member = Noun = A NeoCon who used the term 'Democrat Party'

    What does whatever RSC posted have to do with the subject at the top of the page?

    Changing the subject? Or conceding the fact Keith is thin skinned?


    BUSH DIRECTIVE GRANTS APPOINTEES SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY

    -- Political Appointees, Not Scientific Experts and Qualified Civil Servants, To Now Oversee Regulatory Agencies --

    WASHINGTON (NYTimes) -- President Bush has signed a directive that gives the White House much greater control over the rules and policy statements that the government develops to protect public health, safety, the environment, civil rights and privacy. In an executive order published last week in the Federal Register, Mr. Bush said that each agency must have a regulatory policy office run by a political appointee, to supervise the development of rules and documents providing guidance to regulated industries. The White House will thus have a gatekeeper in each agency to analyze the costs and the benefits of new rules and to make sure the agencies carry out the president's priorities. This strengthens the hand of the White House in shaping rules that have, in the past, often been generated by civil servants and scientific experts.


    29 days to go and no new contract!!!!!!!

    tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

    If Olby took a job at Air America, he would be gone as soon as his paycheck bounced.

    What did Bo Dietl say about Olby?

    He makes his living by trashing
    The name-calling and the Fox bashing
    Keith is deplorable
    Countdown is ignorable
    It's the nightly blue blog re-hashing

    But the whole point of the name is to harken back to the Jacksonian days and the concepts of "rule by the people", just as the Republicans picked that name to symbolize the concept of a united government.

    Oh, i understand the words greek origins, it just might have been easier if they had changed their name after the civil war and escaped the stigma. Perhaps almost thirty years of Republican dominance would not have ensued.

    You guys are a bunch of losers. Just go ahead and bask Olbermann who speaks truth and wisdom.

    Buffalo Turd Rules!
    He RULES!
    -oh, wait...
    no he doesn't, he sucks!
    HE SUCKS!

    " What OTHER stands have you seen KO take that actually brands him as a 'liberal'? " Posted by: Mike at January 30, 2007 5:12 PM

    Come on Mike I posted in a reply to you the other day how he did not want to go after Clinton in the Lewinsky case. Why is that ? Did he just like him ? It's been reported by his coworkers he did not want to leave his house to report the story at work.


    Why does he only have Dems on his show ? Why are most WPITW Conservative, while showing no Democrats or lefties ? I mean there are a lot of bad things they have done yet he chooses only the right and most is trivial.Why do all the left blogs love him ?

    Can I say for sure he is a liberal? Well Mel Gibson claims he's not anti-semite , so am I just to believe that or look at his actions ? Many have claimed the media is Liberal yet almost all deny it. Many think OJ is a murderer like myself but unless he comes out and admits it I cant say for a fact he is.


    Same with KO . No, I cant say for a fact he is unless he admits it. It could very well be he knows the only audience he can get is the left and he plays that card. That would make him sadder than he already is. But by your own criteria you should be able to label KO .You state Bush is not a true Conservative. How did you come up with that? If he said he wasn't I am wrong but if not you judged him yourself on his actions .The same way everyone does KO.


    By the way I am not picking on you . I respect your war stance and cant prove either side is right but the KO stuff is obvious and that's the reason I came here.

    Anyone who pisses off rightwingers is perfect. The best option for conservatives would be camps.. I wonder if Manzanar is still standing ?

    Mushnick is wrong about one thing. He calls Keith a "commentator and critic". Someone needs to inform Mr. Mushnick that Olbermann bills himself as a "journalist" who is anchoring a "news" show.

    Still, the column makes me laugh because it's so true. Olbermann and his fans both have very, very, very thin skins. Notice how they both (Olbermann & his crazy band of fans) justify their actions but can't stand to see it dished back up at them in the same manner. They really do think they should be exempted from any and all forms of critique. And God forbid anyone has a little fun at their expense. They are just totally humorless when it comes to themselves while at the same time thinking they are the very definition of witty.

    I posted this in the other thread but I'll repost in a shortened form. Notice Mike's "logic" on this one. I'm not a liberal according to him because I won't bash Bush on a website called Olbermannwatch. But Olbermann, who bashes Bush on a nightly basis is also not a liberal according to Mike because Olbermann never talks about any other issues like abortion on his show. Okay if anyone can figure out the circular "logic" in that one, let me know.

    Karris56:

    Trust me, I don't feel 'picked on" at all, and you, unlike many, do a very good job of stating your positions and justifying them.

    I just made that observation in my post because it seems that too many people see the Anti-war position as 'liberal', when it isn't.

    Ah, I see Mike is again trying to tell us what is and isn't liberal and again with the trying to set board standards for us all when it's not his board. As always, Mike wants to be the sole jury member and judge. I guess I should be thankful he doesn't believe in executions, what with him being a Liberal and all. Anywho, isn't it remarkable how the over-inflated egos of some of Keith's more, uhm, obsessed fans, is just so very much like Olbermann's massive ego, lampooned here so well by Mushnick?

    KAF:

    If you'll read my post carefully you will see that my criticism of you is that you continue to use the "but I'm a liberal too" line as if that should somehow make your input stand head and shoulders above everybody else's.

    My position was clear on KO as well....anti-war and anti-Bush arguments are not, by definition, 'liberal'. I made no conclusion as to whether he actually is a liberal or not.

    You are free to call yourself whatever you choose (and so is Olbermann, by the way), but do you REALLY have to use that "I'm a liberal" crutch every time you make a post against KO?

    As for bashing Bush on Olbermannwatch. You may see a way to separate the two but I don't. If Olbermann's main them is criticism of the Bush administration, then it is going to be pretty damned hard to talk about KO without also discussing what HE is discussing.

    One more point about you. While your posts above do have a milder tone than usual, many of your previous posts sounded like you were iterally hyperventilating while you wrote them. I could just visualize the smoke coming out of your ears...so when you talk about "thin skinned", you might want to take a look in the mirror.


    I hear you KAF! I am conservative who loves Keith!

    No one here believes me when I say I'm a true conservaative. Annoying really.

    A very entertaining column. The "Sensitive One" can't take it, but he can dish it out. LOL.

    Classic. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes.

    t's too bad our Olbypologists are not better at their research than they are at defending the indefensible Keith Olbermann. From Countdown, Jan 10:
    "The bronze to commentator Glenn Beck, telling “Radar Magazine,” quote, my problem with Keith Olbermann is, just admit it, just admit that you‘re a liberal. I have not heard the man get on television and say look, I am as liberal as they come. I‘ll come on and say I‘m not a journalist, I‘m as conservative you can get. No, you would have to come on and say, I‘m a delusional bigot, who joked about killing Michael Moore, and called the victims of Hurricane Katrina scum bags.

    Mushnick nailed it. The Olbypologists are caught again. All in all, a good start to the day.

    Posted by: johnny dollar at January 30, 2007 2:48 PM


    Johnny FRAUD, at it again, I see... lol! You really are too much... Here you post a citation which, in effect, proves the point of view from the other side of your argument, & don't even attempt to shape it to your own view. In effect, post it, & then essentially ABSORBS it as though it proved his point! You really are too funny, Johnny FRAUD!

    Now, let's see here... What exactly does Johnny FRAUD have going for him? He doesn't have it in the looks department, 9that's for sure... Follow his link to his website if you want to develop a sense for this. He doesn't have facts going for him, which we can see from his daily 'hurling of insults' at Olbermann... He doesn't have grammatic ability going for him, as we can see from all of his postings... He doesn't have intelligence going for him, judging by his political views...

    So, hmmm.. what does Johny FRAUD have going for him? How would that special lady/guy/houseplant be attracted to Johny for? Would it be for his/Robert Cox' money? He doesn't really work that hard, however, so for it to be this he must be in cahoots with Cox. He hasn't denied this, to my knowledge, either, so I guess this must be it...

    You are a moron Johnny FRAUD... The sooner you recognize it, the sooner we can get you the help (read DEPROGRAMMING) that you obviously need!

    Oh yeah, & one more thing; while i may, in fact, be an Olbyloon, it IS so much better than being an O'Liar like yourself...

    Just a couple of thoughts for you people (&, of course, for the assorted houseplants & O'Liars on this website...

    Peace,

    The RETURN of Proud to be a Liberal...

    Oh yeah, & before I forget,

    ... &, BTW, No-name is an a--hole!!

    Let's face it, Liberals are wretched excuses for human beings.

    No, let's face it, Queen Queer...

    Being a Conservative doesn't qualify you to comment on anybodies humanness, because of your reckless disregard for HAuman Life, (as shown in the United Staes (look at welfare deform & the entire role of the church in our society, for example,) in Iraq (look at your views on the war & on iraqi dead,) & in the world in general (look at your views on the United Nations...)

    I remain, regardless of your views of my quslification as a Human Being,) Proud to be a liberal...

    & PS: No name is, of course, an a--hole!!

    Every pro KKKeith Olberdoof comment on this site comes from KKKeith himself or his lap poodle Dan Patrickkk.

    Great entertainment for the sane among us to read the ramblings of an Olbermann defender (himself). HA!! Keep it going!

    Every pro KKKeith Olberdoof comment on this site comes from KKKeith himself or his lap poodle Dan Patrickkk.

    Just another un-reality based observation from the irrational right. Keep 'em comin' Shiite-for-brains. Repeat after me, ditto head: "Things are going great in Iraq ... if we don't fight 'em there, they'll follow us here ... you're doin' a heckuva job, Decider."