Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    February 16, 2007
    TVN: Journalism at its Finest - Part XVI

    TVNewser had studiously avoided any mention of Colonel Ken Allard's smackdown of Keith Olbermann and NBC. We wondered why, and today the answer became apparent.

    HERO

    An hour ago Brian Stelter finally broke his silence--now that he has been armed with some quotes from NBC he could use to spin the story. His brief posting includes a few lines from Col Allard's column, while carefully omitting the part where Allard criticizes Keith Olbermann. (Could he be any more transparent?) An unnamed NBC source is cited as saying: "Mister" Allard was never under contract to us. ("Mister" Allard? Does that sound familiar? Any guesses on who this NBC source really is?) "Mister" Allard was only paid per appearance. (But he was paid.)

    Then Brian quotes his NBC source saying that Allard "hasn't appeared on our air in nearly a year", with no further explanation. What is he leaving out? That Col Allard had a stroke and has been recovering for most of this past year. That's why he hasn't been on the air during that time.

    Spinning the news to favor one side? Leaving out key details to hookwink the gullible? Completely ignoring the central controversy (incendiary anti-military remarks by an NBC analyst)? TVNewser doesn't just flack for Olbermann; now he's adopting his tactics.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (77) | | View blog reactions

    77 Comments

    The post doesn't say it's from a source; it's from an NBC SPOKESPEROSN.

    Even an NBC spokesperson is still a "source". IF it is an NBC spokesperson, that is. Some people may believe that a professional PR man for NBC would deliberately call a decorated Colonel "Mister". To me that sounds like someone else, who was annointed spokesman-for-a-day.

    Wow Brian way to see both sides. I guess we know which one you are on. It is amusing to see all the far lefties freak out on COLONEL (Not mister-you anti-American a--hole) Allard. He is fine until he stands up for his beliefs and rips the bastard Olbermann. I am waiting (probably in vain) for one of these idiots to actually go after Arkin or Olbermann for their anti-American comments. It won't happen. Why don't these people move to Iran where they would be killed for their comments about the government.

    Is not Olbermann the one who got on Bill O for having the audacity to talk to COLONEL Allard after he had a stroke? Now NBC says they have not used him in a year and forget that same fact? Amazing spin. As the ratings go down, Abrams and Olbermann won't last their contracts. Bill will still be there....

    "Is not Olbermann the one who got on Bill O for having the audacity to talk to COLONEL Allard after he had a stroke?"

    Yes, he called O'Reilly a "swine" for doing so.

    Even though this was after Col. Allard had written a piece in the San Antonio Express newspaper saying some of the same things he did on the TV show.

    Heck, the Colonel suffered a stroke, rehabilitated himself and is now working again.

    That's pretty good news to anyone who knows of stroke victims (my father suffered several minor ones before a large one proved fatal).

    www.Olbermannwatch.com calls Ken Allard a "hero"?!? Just rest the mouse pointer right on his picture ...

    I thought it was better than what we use for Olbermann's pictures.

    You call Olbermann "Madman" as well as Schuster's picture.

    Pretty smart mouse if you ask me...

    TV/Snoozer officially became a 3rd rate Sidney Falco today.

    Brian is a kid who wants "in" so much he would sell out his girlfriend or mother to sit up there with Olby at the Countdown desk.

    Theres only one problem, Olby ain't, is, and never will be a J.J. Hunsecker.

    Coloner Allard sir, no worries here. When a 3rd rate Edward R. Morrow, hides behind and sends out a Stooge to call you Mister. It means your doing the right thing. God speed.

    Johnny:

    With all due respect, Stelter could point out that you failed to cover KO's contract signing at all.

    I have had enough of this disgraceful smearing by Brian Stelter. The colonel is being filled in on his hateful post and with any luck, he'll confront this coward directly. Real tough guy, a 21-year-old kid in his college class bragging that he's friends with Keith Olbermann and may work at mighty 4th-place MSNBC someday.

    The fact that he left out Allard's stroke is what really pissed me off. That's just a despicable low-blow, if I've ever seen one.

    > Stelter could point out that you failed to cover KO's contract signing at all.

    Sure he could, and that would be consistent, since it would be quite untruthful.

    Billy- you just mistyped the website. You are looking for Olbermanwatchwatch.com, which handles all the truths and interesting of Keith Olbermann. Have fun there big guy.

    Pathetic, just pathetic. Wow, you really have some extremely valid criticism there Mr. Dollar. Now you are extending your limp criticism from KO to TVNewser. Seeing the impact that you had on KO's show, I suppose we can start counting the days until Brian Stetler gets a huge raise and a new contract. LOL!

    Hey Brian what does KO's cock taste like. Is it like strawberries? I bet it is like some sweet fruit.

    Shaunnny! Good call- your lefty heros are right hand pick their reasons for running off a war hero. How much do you have to tan to get rid of your 'yellow' liberal complexion. Run along now liberal boy.

    How much do you have to tan to get rid of your 'yellow' liberal complexion. Run along now liberal boy.

    Posted by: Benson at February 16, 2007 7:30 PM

    Any Republican calling anyone a coward is HILARIOUS! The Rethugs, the party of "Swift-Boating". LOL! Refuse to serve yourself, can't deal with anyone who has served criticizing the Supreme Leader, so you make sh*t up about them. Rich. LOL! HA!

    Excuse me.... But that was just sooooo funny...

    HA!

    HA! Still laughing... Got a few tears coming down my face from the lauging... LOL....


    HA! just soo funny...

    LOL

    Shaun- I served. Bet big money you didn't because you would NEVER defend your yellow bellied position if you wore colors. Typical hide behind the keyboard liberal.

    Benson: What city and squadron did you serve in ?

    Typical hide behind the keyboard liberal.

    Posted by: Benson at February 16, 2007 7:38 PM

    LOL... You gotta stop with this comedy routine Benson... Seriously.... I am going to give myself a hernia or something... HA! HA! HA! HA!

    LOL!

    With your Bush's, Cheney's, & [Insert Republican advocating war here], you serving (and that's questionable at best, but possible) does not make up for the entire Republican party, nor for the Swift Boating of real veterans and heroes...

    LOL, but nice try... HA!

    Shaunny- showing your soft self. John Kerry would have been a terrible president and I have no problem with what they did. Its called politics and most military didn't support him.

    Obama- not this war, my friend, many years ago.

    Shaunny- showing your soft self. John Kerry would have been a terrible president and I have no problem with what they did. Its called politics and most military didn't support him.

    Posted by: benson at February 16, 2007 7:48 PM

    According to whom? You? Rush Limbaugh? HA!! LOL!! Michelle Malkin? LOL!!! Oh god, you
    gotta stop....

    I am not even going to TOUCH the Kerry would have been a terrible president comment. Okay, maybe just a little... Kerry could have gotten elected, got sworn in, had a heart attack the next second and died that day, and he would be ranked ahead of Shrub, your Supreme Leader, in history. LOL! You are funny! HA! HA!

    HA!

    You have truly shown yourself Benson. I knew the other day when I said you were lying when you said you were open to voting for a Democrat. You are a Republican FOOL! 28% and counting... LOL!

    You are comical though, I'll give you that much...

    Obama- not this war, my friend, many years ago.

    Posted by: benson at February 16, 2007 7:48 PM

    Oh, and I'll bet. Yeah, another war my friend, in Never Never Land... HA!

    You drunk boy? Typical liberal defends Brian Stelter for cheapening the ousting of a war hero. Then jumps on the swiftboating bandwagon. Its called hypocrisy. You proud yellowboy?

    Bets part about tonights show- your fake hero Olby will spin the Allard oust more. He can't help himself. He is a certifiable yellowbelly like you.

    You proud yellowboy?

    Posted by: Benson at February 16, 2007 7:59 PM

    Yeah BOY I am proud.. Very proud that you and your ilk are no longer in charge... very proud that our great nation awoke finally to realize the destruction your party was inflicting... In 2008, the Dems could nominate Daffy Duck to be our nominee and we'd still crush you! With your Supreme Leader still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge reality in Iraq, and the rest of your party not far behind, it's gonna be another beating in '08! Yeah, I guess I am proud. Thank you.

    This is fun Benson, ask me more questions so that I may eviscerate you further..... LOL!

    You gonna run AntiBush again in 2008?

    Can't wait till Hillary starts running around with the Democrat mandate. Half my DEMOCRAT friends would NEVER, and I mean NEVER vote for her and I live in a blue state. sh-t, I bet Bush could beat her if they let him run. So bring it on lefty. 4 more years!

    You got dial-up? You sure are slow!

    Half my DEMOCRAT friends would NEVER, and I mean NEVER vote for her and I live in a blue state. sh-t, I bet Bush could beat her if they let him run. So bring it on lefty. 4 more years!

    Posted by: Benson at February 16, 2007 8:05 PM

    Now you're bordering on delusion. If you're going to argue impossibilities (Bush and his 28% approval rating being able to win anything other than a city council seat, and THAT may even be questionable) and lies (your Dem friends? right), it's not going to be fun.

    Hillary has a 90% approval rating amongst Dems. She is not my first choice, but I'll vote for her in a heartbeat as she'll be better than anything with an 'R' after their name.

    You got dial-up? You sure are slow!

    Posted by: Benson at February 16, 2007 8:07 PM

    OMG, that was not only original, but it was searing. Good one Benson.

    60% bitch, thats right 60%
    You get ALL your news from TVnewser?

    Shaunner- my bad 72%

    I'll vote for her in a heartbeat as she'll be better than anything with an 'R' after their name.

    --------------------------------------------------

    Guess what, Benson, the left has done enough damage. Ever since the left gained a foothold in our nation, the negative of this war has been the only things that good, honest people have been hearing about. I say no more. Either a smart, hard working liberal like Barrack Obama, or a strong, fierce, loyal Republican.

    Gotta say- this has been the longest time I have ever 'debated' a liberal here without them geting hijacked by a fraud. Kudos.

    Awww Benson, you sound like your getting angry... It's okay...

    http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=0c13e66a-c106-4e02-b4bc-a71a3f0b15d2

    Go on over there to Survey USA, heard of them?

    Silly silly Benson...

    Sorry, you're wrong again. 86% on the poll done 1/24/07. Try again.

    War will be over by 2008. You watch.
    And every republican with a hat in the race (even McCain) will have jumped on the pullout bandwagon. And Hillary will have to run on her personality and record. 1 out of 2 aint bad.

    Yellowbellies don't get me angry- so bring it on Shauner. You are one of those birkenstock wearing guys that really think the pen is mightier than the sword.

    Since I do not downgrade people, fine. I think that some of the right wingers do indeed have some more tricks up their sleeves. They will be a fighting. I hope that they make it a strong battle for the presidential office ---

    See you're the fraud Benson. From you claiming you'd consider voting for Hillary to acting appalled that I called you on your lie. See the following exchange:

    You see I am an Amercian more than a republican and I for one would love to see a government with more teeth, whether its Dems or Republicans. So it's show me time.

    aybe I'd even vote for Hillary.

    Posted by: Benson at February 15, 2007 10:17 AM

    Oh Benson, your true level of partisanship has reared it's head too many times for anyone to believe either of your statements above. You see, we don't have to worry about any of the 28% of the country that still supports Shrub, such as yourself. All we have to worry about are the Democrats in the country as well a signifcant chunk of the Independents. You see, 100 - 28 = 72% of the country very much open to the Democratic agenda. You and the rest of your 28 percenters can keep living in your fantasty world and pretending that you still matter. We don't need you, and frankly, we don't want you either.

    Posted by: Shaun at February 15, 2007 10:27 AM

    IT'S OBVIOUS FROM YOUR RESPONSES EARLIER TONIGHT THAT YOU'D NEVER CONSIDER VOTING FOR HILLARY.

    Gotta go... It was fun tho... YOu are just too easy Benson...

    Conservatives, Why are we making china rich to referee a civil war?

    I don't know how much MSNBC/NBC pays little Brian to shill for them but I wonder if it's worth his integrity because that's exactly what it's cost him. Recently another far more successful, subscriber-only television insider site, f---edtelevision.com described little brian as Olbermann's private PR agent. THAT tells you what people who work in television think of Brian. You don't see anyone else giving glowing interviews kissing Brian's ass but MSNBC/NBC personalities do you?

    And the whole "Can you believe that O'Reilly put a stroke victim" on air business is bullsh-t. The man's cognitive abilities have clearly not been impaired and it was up to him to appear or not to appear on O'Reilly's show. No one held a gun to his head.

    Dude- tongue in cheek. If you read my whole post you would see that voting for Hillary was an extreme. Actually, I would never vote for Hillary. I would vote Democrat though. You have to admit Gore and Kerry were light weights.

    But I have voted Democrat before, and have LOCALLY often.

    Exposed or not- I am impressed with your debating skills. Can't 'waffle' on that one.

    8:24- You surely mean in South and North Korea!

    You did it in Korea as well as iraq?

    Benson

    Though Nov.2008 is quite a ways down the pike, did you catch O'Reilly with Dennis Miller this week.

    Since Hillary is the lock for the Democrats. O'Reilly asked who he liked from the Republican side and Miller came back Rudy. And, with something I forgot.

    Miller reminded me that after 9-11. Rudy made almost every funeral from the cops and firemen and the E.M.S. plus others.

    If he didn't make the funeral, he was at the wake or stopping by the houses of people that lost loved ones. People were wondering, "does this man sleep?" "Is he going to fall over?" "Will his health stand up?"

    And then I remembered, when he wasn't doing that. He was out at the Airport greeting folks getting off the plane, because Resturants and hotels and shops were getting killed.

    How many did Senator Hillary Clinton make?

    Zero.

    If you want to boil it all down to commitment...

    The video is still up over at Fox News if you want to see it.

    Pucker- still smarting from the abuse they gave you over the contract renewal? Chill... it almost certainly will bring the downfall of the entire network! Ever hear of Air America? It was a radio station that used to pander to the liberals and their phoney agenda. Some time back it folded due to lack of interest. Take note MessNBC! You are doomed.

    I hear they have cartons of signed Stuart Smalley pictures on ebay right now. OOooh- gooodie!

    How many did Senator Hillary Clinton make?

    Zero.

    If you want to boil it all down to commitment...

    The video is still up over at Fox News if you want to see it.

    Posted by: puck at February 16, 2007 8:45 PM

    Wow. Well, if they said it on Fox, it MUST be true. You guys are such tools.

    Uh, Johnny? And you conveniently ommited the fact that Allard had already identified himself as a FORMER NBC analyst, he had no ties left to sever with them (a fact I know you're aware of since you frequent Inside Cable News where this has been discussed). He obviously decided to hop on the NBC bashing bandwagon that's been sweeping the conservative blogs and FNC as of late in a shameful attempt to become the conservative hero of the moment, knowing full well the blogging wackos such as yourself would gleefully overlook the fact that he is lying about leaving NBC on principle and put him up on a pedestal, and clearly he was right. I'm not saying TVN isn't NBC-biased, I'm just saying you're a total hypocrite. Have a nice day.

    "Ever hear of Air America? It was a radio station that used to pander to the liberals and their phoney agenda. Some time back it folded due to lack of interest."

    And you my boy clearly need to expand your information sources beyond FNC and the concervative blogs. Air America has been saved. It never "folded" in the first place, it filed for Chapter 11 bankrupcy, and now it found a buyer to carry it out of debt. That's gotta hurt.

    Did anyone see this? Countdown's new blog. Olbytoad's pal TVNewser posted the link.

    http://thenewshole.msnbc.msn.com/

    The news "hole" is right. It's an apt description of Olby.

    So called because he's an a--hole? Finally, truth in advertising from MSNBC. Notice that the comments have been disabled. Oh, and they encourage hate mail. Guess they know what the real public sentiment for KO truly is outside of his very small band of delusional followers, well I say "small" as a reference to their number. If you've ever seen pictures of them you know they ought to have Orca tattooed across their ample backsides. I saw a pic of one who looked like an Ugly Mama Cass. Another who looked exactly like Mimi from Drew Carey's show. And the rest all appear to be in their late 40's and 50's and every single one of them ass ugly. No wonder he wouldn't do public book signings. He was afraid of meeting up with his fan base. How he ever found any good looking enough to sleep with is beyond me. But considering sleep is all he reportedly is able to do with them...........The good thing about his new contract is he'll be able to pay his "girlfriends" more money, pay off his toy boy Brian at TVN, and keep his full-time PR agent on 24/7 beck and call.

    > he had no ties left to sever with them

    Yeah, right. But somebody disagrees with you, and with the spin from Olby and TVNewser. That somebody is MSNBC:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080356/

    Note whose name is at the top of the list. And note at the bottom of the page that 2007 date. Pretty amazing that THIS YEAR they would put at the top of their list a man with "no ties" to their miserable news channel.

    Excellent observation, J$.

    Here's a screencap of the MSNBC page that lists both Allard and Arkin as Military Analysts:

    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1606/allardmsnbcfeb172007xw8.jpg

    Dollar, great link. That settles the argument right there and directly refutes that idiot NBC spokesperson. Another one for us to drop in Brian Stelter's "anonymous tip box."

    My theory is that he has so much invested in defending Olbermann and MSNBC that he has to take their side at all times. He's also been likely promised some type of job there and as he gets closer to graduating and leaving the site, he figures who cares and is just being an outright partisan and NBC fan.

    Plus, he probably hates people from this site (most of all you and Cox) so much that he sees any chance to take Olbermann's site as a way to stick it to you. What a cowardly, immature baby. I hope he realizes how much he's eroding his credibility, maybe he'll find that out when it's time to get job offers.

    That American Journalism Review article, where Stelter admits to being an Olbermann fan, never made it to his site. He knows that he's screwed.

    I don't think he will leave the site when he graduates, it's a paying gig for him. And besides, with what MSNBC/NBC/CNBC pays him under the table, it's in their best interests to keep him right where he is, where he serves as their chief propaganda agent.

    "Yeah, right. But somebody disagrees with you, and with the spin from Olby and TVNewser. That somebody is MSNBC:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080356/

    Note whose name is at the top of the list. And note at the bottom of the page that 2007 date. Pretty amazing that THIS YEAR they would put at the top of their list a man with "no ties" to their miserable news channel."

    Oh my God Johnny. You're either terrible at this "spin the facts" thing (the trick is to not make it obvious that you're not being honest) or you're really not very smart. That page was not updated THIS YEAR. Look at the TOP of the page where it says "Updated: 3:56 p.m. ET Dec 17, 2003" DECEMBER 17, 2003! OVER THREE YEARS AGO! HA! The 2007 at the bottom of the page that you mentioned was the COPYRIGHT info, it AUTOMATICALLY appears on EVERY page on MSNBC when their copyright is updated, and has nothing to do with when the page itself was updated. The section that says "LAST UPDATED ON.." is usually what indicated when the page was last updated... Lord, you didn't even try this time. It will be interesting though to see if you a)admit this whole article of yours was wrong from the beginning, b)try to find another way to spin this even though the words LAST UPDATED in 2003 clearly appear at the TOP of the website you provided the link for in order to back your article up (that would be the most interesting), or c) ignore this and hope not many people read this (the most likely option).

    P.S. Apoligies for the over use of capitalization, just trying to drive a point home.

    > The 2007 at the bottom of the page that you mentioned was the COPYRIGHT info, it AUTOMATICALLY appears on EVERY page on MSNBC

    Oh my God Joe. You're really not very smart. The copyright notice that appears on EVERY MSNBC page appears at the very bottom of the page in small type. The large type copyright 2007 at the bottom of the listing of analysts does NOT appear automatically at the bottom of every page. It was specifically added to that column IN THE YEAR 2007. Get the difference?

    The column itself hasn't been updated since 2003. You know why? Because there WEREN'T ANY CHANGES since then. In other words, everybody listed there in 2003 was STILL considered an MSNBC analyst in 2007, when the COLUMN (as opposed to the whole page) was copyrighted anew.

    I assume you will choose option c), unless you can come up with a reason why, as late as 2007, MSNBC was STILL listing as a military analyst a man with whom all of a sudden they claim they had no ties with. We'll be waiting to see whether you choose a), b), or c).

    Well Johnny boy there's not much I can do other than to tell you that you are in fact wrong and when MSNBC updates their copyright they do, in fact, update ALL their copyrigt info righ across the whole site, no matter when pages or stories were last updated, a copyright is a copyright. I see you chose option B though, nice choice.

    So while continuing a discussion with someone who is so hell bent on supporting his own biases is really pointless because these people simply refuse to look at facts, I would be interested to hear your opinion as to why Allard has identified HIMSELF as being a FORMER NBC contibutor prior to "severing ties" with the organization? I suppose Allard had the facts wrong about who he works for? Do you not see the irony of you attacking Brian Stelter for being transparent with his bias? Spin on little buddy, spin on.

    > Allard has identified HIMSELF as being a FORMER NBC contibutor

    It's obvious that Allard hadn't been asked back to NBC since his stroke. It's also obvious that if you are going to take Allard's own words, then you can't ignore what he wrote in his column, can you? That he considered that column to be his formal severance from NBC, telling them, in effect, if you were planning on calling me any more, don't. His words are in print. Not easy to ignore them.

    > when MSNBC updates their copyright they do, in fact, update ALL their copyrigt info righ across the whole site, no matter when pages or stories were last updated

    Hahahaa! Then how come the copyright at the bottom of this column still reads 2006? While the automatic copyright at the bottom of the page now reads 2007?

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6601018/

    So much for that bit of damage control.

    Pretty good slapdown, Johnny.

    The 2007 copyright always shows on the bottom of the page. Except when it doesn't.

    Yeah yeah, I had discovered since I made my last post that I was in fact mistaken and you're correct about the whole page update thing. While I still can't say I'm 100% convinced (so the copyright info at the bottom of the page was updated, but does that mean the info on the page is up to date? Whoever changed the "2006" to "2007" isn't necessarily the same person who would update the page content. In fact, it's quite likely it isn't.), happily I will admit I was wrong, when I was in fact wrong. I still stand by my comments about Allard already identifying himself as a former NBCer though. You're right, I'm taking his own words, and his words from BEFORE his column was written have been recorded. And as was pointed out on ICN (I think), the fact that he oddly and somewhat awkwardly brought Conan O'Brien into his spiel is quite suspect and seems to back up my theory that he is doing nothing more than attempting to play up to the neocon base (the very fact that he thinks Conan should have had to appologize for the joke in question is absolutely ridiculous). If he stuck to NBC news, rather than straying into the completely unrelated entertainment division, he would have had a better argument.

    So yes, I was wrong and you were right about when the copyright info was changed. But no, I haven't changed my mind about Allard or the conservative bloggers blind support for him. And there was no "damage control" being done, since you didn't damage anything and there was nothing to control. You're being a tad dramatic there.

    > You're being a tad dramatic there.

    Who, me?

    > You're being a tad dramatic there.

    Who, me?
    Posted by: johnny dollar at February 17, 2007 7:45 PM
    ----------- ----------------- -----------
    Let's face reality here, who is it that is making the biggest stink about this guy? Bill O'lielly and Fox Noise, that's who.

    And why would O'lielly the Hannity be milking this issue dry? For one reason and one reason only - because MSNBC is the home of Keith Olbermann and Olbermann bitch slaps Fox and O'lielly nightly.

    You then mirror this pathetic practice and do it yourself. Nothing is more despicable then slime like you who daily demonstrate zero interest in the well being of our troops and then play hero to them by attacking a guy who talked sh-t about them.

    Bush's has been, and will be once again, cutting funding for our vets in his next budget proposal. You bring this up on this page Mr Hero to our troops? No you haven't. You haven't for one reason and one reason only - you are an a--hole that could give a sh-t about our troops. All you do is mirror the Fox Noise bullsh-t.

    You and this page get more pathetic as more and more of our troops die in a war Fox Noise is directly responsible for in that it is the number one source of propaganda for the Republican whores pimped out to cowards who can't think for themselves so they let Sean Hannity and Bill O'lielly do it for them.

    Say what you want about KO but pretend you are a champion for our troops and you cross the line.

    You are a pathetic poser who acts daily to undermine a political environment that would better serve this nation and our soldiers who die because of it!

    You f---ing suck you coward!

    Coward Watch: Hopefully you've sobered up by now.

    "Did anyone see this? Countdown's new blog..."

    Based on the success of Olby's Bloggermann "blog", The "Hole" (who named it, Keith?) is doomed. Did your producers make you do this, Keith? Only our hero, Edward R. Douchebag, would have a blog with no comments. What a hoot.

    JD- Nice thread
    You exposed the left's methods with the evidence on one point.
    The left olbyloons
    -First attack the messenger
    -Second- muddy the facts, insist nontruths even if the evidence proves otherwise.
    -Third, say even though the facts seem to represent A, Olbyloon will believe B 'cause the right is wrong.
    Hmmmmmmmmm

    They took down the previous "Countdown Nation" message board they had. The evidence of the lunatic ramblings at that board remains however. So how many "net presences" does this make that Olbermann has had now? Bloggermann--he stopped blogging. Then the message board. Now closed. Now a blog without comments enabled, and notice the disclaimer that says it's brought to you by the staff of Countdown, not Olbermann himself. Why is it that everyone else at MSNBC contributes to MSNBC.com but Olbermann?

    "You and this page get more pathetic as more and more of our troops die in a war Fox Noise is directly responsible for in that it is the number one source of propaganda for the Republican whores pimped out to cowards who can't think for themselves so they let Sean Hannity and Bill O'lielly do it for them ...

    ... Say what you want about KO but pretend you are a champion for our troops and you cross the line."


    Were you saying something or just talking?

    Take a serious look at anger management, guy. Foxnews is directly responsible for the war ... ummm, not hardly. The war and what we should do to move forward deserves serious discussion. Your comments are immature and difficult to take seriously.

    "Only our hero, Edward R. Douchebag, would have a blog with no comments. What a hoot"

    You forgot about Brian Stelter of TVNewser. We can't post comments there, we can only rely on cherry-picked "e-mailers" and "anonymous tipsters."

    With no comments can it be a blog?
    Looks like Keith has got a new dog
    "Bloggerman" was a stroke
    "Countdown Nation" a joke
    With "News Hole" he'll float one more log