Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    May 31, 2007
    Joe Scarborough Rips Keith Olbermann over Al Gore "man love" interview

    Last night on Scarborough Country and again this morning on WFAN radio, after his Imus replacement show was no longer airing on MSNBC, Joe Scarborough went after Keith Olbermann for his embarrassingly obsequious interview. We are currently efforting the video from Scarborough Country which we are optimistic that we can get. The radio clip from this morning will be a bit tougher.

    I did not see the comments on TV but was listening to WFAN this morning when Scarborough began slamming Keith, describing the Gore interview as "man love". Joe brought on "Al Gore" (it may have been Darrell Hammond) to talk about his interview with Keith.


    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (77) | | View blog reactions
    user-pic

    77 Comments

    Al Gore is so hot!

    Can KO make Scarborough a WPITW for daring to criticize him?

    Also when did Joe get a pair to go after KO in the first place?.. he and Tucker have pretty much been MSNBC token Conservatives who were allowed on the air as long as they bashed Bush everynight.

    Along with Gibson's amusing analysis of the Gore infomerical, Scarborough's take makes me wish Gore runs for President ....His arrogant and condescending tone would be the perfect foil for even the poorest of the GOP nominees....

    oh please run, Mr. Gore, and make the trip and fall lawyer your running mate....

    Oh yes....the know-it-all, "I know what's good for you" religious left....America NEEDS you!

    cee

    "I'd tell you that the Democrats are talking a good game, but they're not even doing that. Everybody in Congress has to understand something: If they continue to fund this war, it's not just the President who owns it. They own it, too." Sgt. Liam Madden

    "There were a few tense moments, however, including an encounter involving Joshua Sparling, 25, who was on crutches and who said he was a corporal with the 82nd Airborne Division and lost his right leg below the knee in Ramadi, Iraq. Mr. Sparling spoke at a smaller rally held earlier in the day at the United States Navy Memorial, and voiced his support for the administration?s policies in Iraq. Later, as antiwar protesters passed where he and his group were standing, words were exchanged and one of the antiwar protestors spit at the ground near Mr. Sparling; he spit back." NYT 1/28/07

    "I think the Vietnamese are better off in Vietnam," George McGovern - NEWSWEEK

    "Lefties: Leave these pathetic drowning rats alone to stew in each other's juices. Get yourselves out in the street and fight this criminal administration in ways that really mean something, and that are noted by more than a handful of keyboard heroes!" Sir Loin of Beef

    "American liberals need to face these truths: The demand for self-government was and remains strong in Iraq despite all our mistakes and the violent efforts of al Qaeda, Sunni insurgents and Shiite militias to disrupt it." DEMOCRAT Bob Kerrey

    Make no mistake... This board has fans among the NBC rank and file. We tell it like it is.

    They see NBC News turning into AlJazeeera @ 30 rock and they dont like it.

    Tehran Keith at the helm.

    On a semi-related note -- The Smoking Gun reports NBC News is facing a lawsuit over allegedly 'paying' for child predators for its popular "Dateline NBC" segment.

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0529071nbc1.html

    You can insert your own Olbermann-dating-a-still-to-young-to-legally-drink-girl joke here, but this could be a bit of a problem for the execs in the news division, if it does turn out the network is involved with entrapment, even if we are talking about men who troll the Internet for teen girls (which kind of brings us back to Keith, I guess).

    Did Joe not get the memo about never, ever saying anything bad about members of your own network? Even after KO protected him last week by ignoring his Rosie take?

    Uh-oh.

    "Man-love interview"? Conservatives have been deep-throating Bush for five years, and swallowing every drop of his fetid spunk.

    After calling Bush a "great man" repeatedly during his "Mission Accomplished" publicity stunt on the USS Lincoln, Scarborough said:

    "I'm waiting to hear the words, 'I was wrong,' from some of the world's most elite journalists, politicians and Hollywood types. . . . Maybe disgraced commentators and politicians alike, like [Tom] Daschle, Jimmy Carter, Dennis Kucinich and all those others, will step forward tonight and show the content of their character by simply admitting what we know already: that their wartime predictions were arrogant, they were misguided and they were dead wrong. Maybe, just maybe, these self-anointed critics will learn from their mistakes. But I doubt it. After all, we don't call them 'elitists' for nothing."
    Joe Scarborough, May 1, 2003

    That honorless cur needs to harken to his own words and start swallowing some of ours. Make it a "hummer", Joe.

    "Man-love interview"? Conservatives have been deep-throating Bush for five years, and swallowing every drop of his fetid spunk.

    Now it all makes sense. Bush made Olbermann make man love to Gore.

    "...bashed Bush everynight."

    Since when is calling a spade a spade 'bashing'?

    Joe has been as respectful as possible to the moron in chief while simply stating the obvious.

    At least Joe respects conservative principles, unlike the 'Bushbots' (like Cee.)

    Small Government? Uh, No...

    Fiscally Responsible? Uh, No...

    Government out of the personal lives of citizens? Uh, No...

    The party of personal responsibility?

    (Can someone please help me clean up the mess I made in Iraq?)

    Uh, No...

    Well, one simply can't tell the truth and avoid bashing Bush. It's a perfect illustration of the old "... without breaking the eggs" phenomenon.

    So, has noone found a link for this?

    I was so hoping to see someone from the MSNBC family actually begin to insinuate a lack of impartiality with Mr. Olbermann.

    Hopefully it will turn up soon.

    Keith Olbermann: 'I want Countdown's timeslot changed.'

    Olby's suit is stained with Al's spew
    From that spunky man-love interview
    Krazy Keith did his best
    Stroking of a guest
    Mister Algore came back for take two

    Keith Olbermann: The Rosie O'donnell of MSNBC. We get it, Keith, you hate George Bush. WE GET IT! But seriously, could Keith Olbermann spew out anymore foulmouthed, nonsensical, and falsified hate speech. I mean everything he says borders on slander. Can someone please tell me how this guy hasn't gotten fired yet? This guy puts a liberal spin on everything and turns non-stories into fifteen minute Bush-bashing tirades. And the worst part of his entire show is his "Special Comment" segment where he rambles on for five to ten minutes using as many words in the thesaurus as he possibly can to make two or three very hard to find points. Well, at least he doesn't try to call himself a "reporter" like the rest of his liberally biased comrades. He really does make Rosie look like an intelligent and effective debater. Get a clue Keith......and while you are at it, get someone to write your metaphors for you. You obviously got in the line for GEDs when they were handing out MBAs.

    Bush added, "and we're going to start any day now....any day" !

    Posted by: Why do care what my name is at May 31, 2007 8:32 PM

    Thought you were going to the "aclu love the enemy" fest with keefy?

    Bush added, "and we're going to start any day now....any day" !

    Posted by: Why do care what my name is at May 31, 2007 8:32 PM

    Thought you were going to the "aclu love the enemy" fest with keefy?

    ---

    This is a typical winger trick: When you can't answer a question, or when the answer is one with which you may be uncomfortable, divert attention, change the subject.

    Example:

    I ask, "Since American deaths and injuries in Iraq climbed steeply during the first full month of the Surge, and it looks as if the insurgency is rebounding, perhaps even stronger in the perimeter provinces can we assume the Surge is failing?"

    Jeff responds, "Go back to Zaragoza you Mexican prick."

    Jeff responds, "Go back to Zaragoza you Mexican prick."

    Posted by: at May 31, 2007 10:37 PM

    Funny, "anonyloon," I don't remember saying that. Oh, it's because I didn't say that. Must be the ole olbyloon tactic of lying, yea, that's it. When you got nothing, just flat out lie!

    You might have noticed Jeff, I used a narrative verb form. I was describing something which, if it had occurred, would have occurred in the past. But, I was using present tense verbs ("ask" not "asked" and "responds" not "responded"). That indicates, to anyone for whom English is not a second language, that I am giving an example, a hypothetical. I didn't say you said it, I said it is like something you would say. And, it is. English is a wondrous language, a language of nuance to some extent, but not a language without rules. You ought to learn those rules and apply them. You might find that people think you not an utter fool.

    I've been trying to track the exact remarks made by Scarborough. Looking through last night's transcript on MSNBC.com I was amazed to see this statement by Arianna Huffington:

    "you know what, Joe? This is—this is really not the way to determine what our national security policy should be, based on what happens to al Qaeda."

    Wow! That iS an interesting approach. Ignore them and maybe they'll get bored with America and go away.

    Olbermann's grammar police fans are on the loose again. That's their problem in a nutshell, too busy correcting others to actually go out and live life from themselves.

    Jeff responds, "Go back to Zaragoza you Mexican prick."

    Posted by: at May 31, 2007 10:37 PM


    anonyloon, a "narrative verb form" is what you call an outright lie? A total misquote? Hypothetically speaking, for a liar. How's that? It's no wonder people like you post as anonyloon.

    The only thing more gay than John Edwards is Al Gore! Ha!

    The only thing more gay than John Edwards is Al Gore! Ha!

    ---

    Or, Mary Cheney.

    What a nice break.

    Jeff is in his bed dreaming of a lily white, male, Judeo-Christian America in which he and the Wiener can romp through field of daffodils, free from the White Man's Burden.

    Sleep well, Jeff, and feel free to take some time off. You deserve it. We deserve it. America deserves it.

    Cee, have you ever thought that Al Gore does know whats best for us? He's been right on everything else. Whos been wrong on everything? The man that STOLE the election from Gore.

    KeithSucks, do you have any basis for what you said up there? Because I'm pretty sure you dont, and I'm pretty sure that what you just did was the definition of slander. Take a look in the mirror every once in a while and stop hating those that disagree with you.

    RK, You're still an idiot.

    stoey, I'll take that as a compliment. "Stole the election" omg, lmao!

    RK, got a problem with what I say? Laugh about it, sure. But until you can back up your position Ill consider you a complete and total idiot.

    Ill consider you a complete and total idiot.
    ---
    Be careful what you say. Jeff will consider you Black or Hispanic or Muslim or Female or some race, ethnicity, nationality, culture or gender of which he disapproves (i.e. everything other than White Christian Male) and he'll burn a cross in your yard. I can't wait until he finds out the Big Wiener is Jewish. It will be a tragic end to a passionate affair.

    Ha, well thats funny. Because I am a white, christian, male. Well, the Christian part is debatable. I think christ was a groovy dude. He had alot to say, and alot of wisdom to bestow on us. I just find it very entertaining that those that bear his name really resemble him and his actions very little.

    In the words of Mahatama Ghandi, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

    Ha, well thats funny. Because I am a white, christian, male. Well, the Christian part is debatable. I think christ was a groovy dude. He had alot to say, and alot of wisdom to bestow on us. I just find it very entertaining that those that bear his name really resemble him and his actions very little.

    In the words of Mahatama Ghandi, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

    My grandfather, a devout Christian (Lutheran) who always struggled to be faithful, succeeded most of the time, failed some of the time, said: "God save me from the Christians, and I can take care of everyone else." As an Epsicopalian, who tries to be faithful but fails too often, I find much wisdom in that. In Texas, "God save me from the Baptists ...."

    Your grandfather is a man much wiser than myself and most of the general population.

    But until you can back up your position Ill consider you a complete and total idiot.

    Posted by: StealThisOpinion at June 1, 2007 9:44 PM

    Hypocrite, where's your evidence Bush "stole" the election?

    What was the date of the show in which Scarborough rips on the Olbermann interview of Gore? I couldn't find it in any of the Scarborough Country transcripts.

    where's your evidence Bush "stole" the election?
    -----
    Poor, Jeff, always asking for evidence as if he would know what to do with it if he got it. Note to Jeff, Cee, Ms. Hawkins: There is something called our "lexicon". {Pause while Jeff goes to another site to look up a term wholly new to him. It rhymes with "Mexican" so it must be some new ethnic group to slander. The hot fantasy now fades. But. one of the definitions has something to do with Greek. That's it. Greeks. The eat smelly cheese. After they pray they cross themselves in a funny way. Their last names are weird. Keep them out of America!} It is the body of widely accepted facts and knowledge. Courts even accept it under certain circumstances. So, except in Middle School General Science, one doesn't have to reprove that water freezes at 32 Degrees/F. You may not believe that Bush stole the election. That tends to make everyone else think he must have. {Pause for Jeff to rub his glazed eyes. This is an awful lot of reading. Maybe Wiener will have something about this tomorrow, and he won't have to read or think.} The emerging political lexicon is that the election was stolen. No one has to give you evidence of that. The evidence is "rolled into" the lexicon. It is a standard body of material, a living and massive footnote. {Pause for Jeff to think of some idiotic, meaningless retort about how he has not been debunked. Maybe if he says "Mexican Prick," someone will start talking about what Rosie said to Oprah. Like it or not: Bush stole the election. Deal with it.

    Jeff. Would you like evidence? http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/results/ look at the number of votes. Last time I checked, if someone has more votes, that means they win the election. The only reason Bush is in office is because 9 people decided that (based on standards in countries that differ from ours) Bush is the winner because of electoral votes. It didnt matter that the total number of votes cast were in favor of Gore. And it didnt even matter that the recounts done in private later showed Gore the clear winner even in Floriday. 7 years later were still stuck with this asshole and the, even worse, following that he commands.

    Oo, I forgot to mention. Post-recount 20 Members of the House rose to object to the electoral votes that were cast in Bush's favor but they were not allowed to file the objections because not a single senator would come to co-sponsor.

    Are you ready to start thinking before you post? Man, and for a second I thought you were gonna grow up and stop shitting in your pants. But I guess not, next time I head to the store I'll buy you a new pack of huggies. You'll need 'em

    So how is it that Bush stole the election? Every action you named involved someone other than Bush. Bush is the winner because of electoral votes. That is the current law. What about how CNN called Florida for Gore before voting polls shut down in the panhandle? Oh but you forget those kind of facts. Gore probably did win Florida because a bunch of elderly people who were not competent enough to figure out how to vote for Gore mistakenly voted for Buchanan instead. But Bush stole the election. It was his fault. Singlehandedly controlled events in yet another instance.

    More. The popular vote was not a landslide for Gore. The problem is that because the vote was so close, the votes had to be scrutinized and all of the flaws of the voting system were exposed. Hanging chads, Bush's fault? There is mischief on both sides of the aisle for voter fraud, enough to cancel each other out. I guess because the Democrats took the House and Senate, all issues concerning fraud and breakdown in the system suddenly disappeared. Yeah, right. Olbylogic again.

    Moron Bush. Manages to obtain the votes over nearly have the votes cast after public debate where all of his flaws were visible to all. Manages to win the election again. No concrete proof of any lies, just "if I had known then what I know now" crap.

    "And Edwards is a smart investor...he couldnt single-handedly stop what was going to happen, so he bought into it and decided to make some money off the endeavor."

    StealThisOpinion... no thanks.

    Like it or not: Bush stole the election. Deal with it.

    Posted by: at June 2, 2007 2:06 AM

    You should try a different flavor O' Kool Aid, that stuff you are drinking, it's got you in a very sad state of confusion. First, Bush stole the election. Then, the good ole dems were going to impeach him, for sure. Neither happened. What's next on your "to do" list?

    No video? No audio? No transcripts? What's the dealio?

    Gore probably did win Florida because a bunch of elderly people who were not competent enough to figure out how to vote for Gore mistakenly voted for Buchanan insteadBut Bush stole the election. It was his fault. Singlehandedly controlled events in yet another instance.

    ----

    Yes, that shows that he stole the election. If he was ANY kind of a decent person he would have conceded to the fact that he DIDNT win Florida, but no. He let 9 voices in the court speak for the rest of the country. Landslide or not, las ttime I checked Majority rules. Why, also, did the Supreme Court deny floriday from being allowed to do an official recount? Ill tell you why, because they knew Gore had the win, and all of those Justice's that Bush Sr. put in were quite loyal and couldnt let that happen. What ever happened to democracy? Electoral Votes win the election? Since when did the popular vote become so unreliable? This election is proof that the average person has no control over the outcome of an election, even when they DO vote a person into the popular vote they still dont win.

    Rk, Im not sure if you know this, but Bush is still in office, they still can impeach him, thats not a past tense scenario. I love how you cant argue your own points, you have to let cronies do it for you.

    I cant defend Edwards, but Im not gonna get pissed at him for investing in defense funds. Wanna talk defense funds? How about the Bin Landens being invested in United Defense and the Carlyle group which pulled a 237,000,000 one day profit when they went public because of 9/11. Damned Edwards, who cares that 9/11 payed off the Bin Ladens by a HUGE margin, doesnt matter because they were business partners with the Bush family.

    Or who cares about the 20 black House Reps that rose in defiance of the vote but not a single white senator came to thier aid to help with an official recount. Ive got a feeling that the senators were told to sit down and shut up or have some problems. Why else would not a single person out of 100 help 20 people who just needed a signiture to help verify a Presidential Election. All of the private recounts showed Gore as the clear winner, so why is Bush in office again?

    Yes, that shows that he stole the election. If he was ANY kind of a decent person he would have conceded to the fact that he DIDNT win Florida, but no.

    Yeah, right. He forced those old people's hands...

    No, it shows that he knew that he lost. He knew he didnt get the popular vote. He knew he won on a technicality, one that was in the balance pending a recount of the votes in Florida If he was a decent individual, which obviously hes not, he would have allowed the recount to happen. Encouraged it even. He would have gone along with it, instead of leading the "recount" ridicule that Al Gore recieved after the election.

    I am not talking about the hanging chads. As I recall a few organizations did a recount, each with different results. The elderly people did not understand the butterfly ballot. A recount would have been useless. They filled in the vote for Buchanan. You completely ignored that CNN called Florida before voting polls int he panhandle, which was in Bush's corner. People have a real desire to go out and vote when the results are already announced. Fair play? I don't think so. Gore couldn't even win his home state.

    You are NAIVE to think that Gore wouldn't have done the same. I wouldn't have blamed him if he did. He had a right to appeal the election as far as he did. If you think the Supremes wanted to open up that Pandora's Box, then you are DOUBLY naive.

    After Supremes Ruled for OCC, Fight May Move to Capitol Hill

    QuizLaw Analysis: This case came up to the Supremes in 2004. Now, the Supremes basically tell the Texas court that it got everything all wrong,

    Get it? it's an often used nickname

    Anon, what in sam hell does CNN have to do with the finished election? So what that CNN called it early sans exit polls? Those were the finished numbers, not the exit polls.

    The Federal Election Committee has Gore with 50,999,897
    or 48.37% of the vote. They have Bush with 50,456,002 or 47.87% of the vote. CNN actually gave Bush more votes than they did Gore. You're cute.

    Who cares what states Gore won. He won the election, vote by vote, ballot by ballot, Gore won. He's my president, not this idiot we have in office.

    Pandora's box or not, it's been shown that he did win Florida by several sources. They should have done it.

    http://elandslide.org/display.cfm?id=181
    http://archive.democrats.com/display.cfm?id=249

    Enjoy.

    STO,

    You don't understand what happened. CNN called the state of Florida (not the whole election) before polls shut down in the panhandle (time zone difference). Now no news organization calls any state prior to polls closing because of the Florida call in 2000. It is policy.

    The panhandle is Bush country. People who believe that their candidate has already lost the electoral votes for their state are less likely to vote. If we go to a popular vote rather than the electoral system, highly populated cities can have an unfair advantage. Some people take your view, that a candidate who wins the popular vote doen't get the prize. I think it would be great if Gore enters the race. Let's see Hillary implode!

    Let me clarify a little further. CNN mistakenly called the state of Florida for Gore because of some kind of statistical problem. CNN is on the record for making that mistake. Supposedly, the bugs are worked out. When the state of Florida was called for Gore, it wasn't clear yet because the race was so close. As previously stated, those in the panhandle were not even done voting yet. Motivation lost. Bush votes lost? Do you see the point now?

    Motivation lost? Thats all the more reason to vote, dolt. If anything those who were voting for Gore would have gone home considering they thought it was a job well done. If I was voting for Bush and they announced Gore had won my state and I could still vote, id be effing running to those booths.

    And how do highly populated cities have an advantage? As far as I can tell highly populated states have an advantage in the current system. And in a vote-by-vote system its all about each person, everyone has the exact same say in the matter.

    Yet one further thing. Florida was a make or break state because of electoral votes. You may not like the system but that is the way it is. So it is really the Supreme Court with whom you should take issue on the 2000 election.

    Okay, let me rephrase what I had to say then, Bush is undeservingly in office and we must now impeach him based on the fact that he never shoudl ahve been there to begin with. K?

    Florida Recounts Would Have Favored Bush
    But Study Finds Gore Might Have Won Statewide Tally of All Uncounted Ballots
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12623-2001Nov11.html

    The above underscores it was not a landslide for either under any scenario. The article did not take into account the fact that voters in the panhandle (at that time favorable to Bush) had the state election called before polls were over. The article focused on cast ballots only. Gore seems to have gotten over it better than you. Take his lead.

    If I was voting for Bush and they announced Gore had won my state and I could still vote, id be effing running to those booths.

    That is you. You don't speak for everyone. Tired people after a long day of work, election results already in? Screw it. I'm hungry.

    Bush is undeservingly in office and we must now impeach him based on the fact that he never shoudl ahve been there to begin with. K?

    That is not an impeachable offense. Try again, but how about tomorrow.

    "A presidential campaign in a purely democratic system would look very strange indeed, as any rational candidate would focus only on a few big population centers. A candidate receiving a large percentage of the popular vote in California, Texas, Florida, and New York, for example, could win the presidency with very little support in dozens of other states. Moreover, a popular vote system would only intensify political pandering, as national candidates would face even greater pressure than today to take empty, middle-of-the-road, poll-tested, mainstream positions. Direct democracy in national politics would further dilute regional differences of opinion on issues, further narrow voter choices, and further emasculate political courage."

    http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:gXyp0HOJdK8J:www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst110104.htm+electoral+votes+versus+popular+vote&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=47&gl=us&client=firefox-a

    Good article in support of electoral college. Better stated than me.

    Ok...lets talk impeachment since you brought it up.

    Ill give you a few reasons for Bush's impeachment.

    Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.

    Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.

    Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.

    Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.

    Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
    Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.

    Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

    Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming.

    Get this Buffoon out of office and hold him accountable for his crooked administration.

    Oh yeah, not to mention breaking International and U.S. Law by launching a "War of Agression" against Iraq.

    Call your representative and tell him/her to get busy.

    Steal, I know it's hard to keep up with the news since you seem to think that Olbermann actually presents news on his opinion-fest. But in case you haven't noticed, your Democratic leaders, such as John Conyers previously promised impeachment and then withdrew those promises the second the Dems regained the House & the Senate and he realized he might actually have to deliver on something he'd promised. It was the Dems who caved in on putting timetables for withdrawal in the Iraq war funding bill, after promising that's what they'd do. In case you haven't figured it out yet, your Democratic leaders aren't very good at following-through on their promises. They also aren't very good at actually coming up with any new ideas, although they are great at complaining about the "leadership", all the while forgetting they are now the leadership. Old habits die hard I guess. Anyway, good luck to you on trying to get them to follow-through on their promises of impeachment. I don't really know how you think bitching here about it on a board devoted to Keith Olbermann will help your case though. I suggest instead you organize a campaign to hold your Democratic leaders feet to the fire and make them follow-through on what they've promised. Good luck to you on THAT.

    http://hotair.com/archives/2007/06/03/video-mary-katharine-ham-talks-rosie-pundit-punch-ups-on-cnn/


    Good clip from Hot Air blog from CNN's Reliable Sources. The discussion is about tv political perspective/ debate shows.

    Host Howard Kurtz expresses regret that Olbermann doesn't allow dissenting voices on his show.

    TV columnist Gail Shiester does the ole.... he writes well....and is telling the truth... (agrees with her opinion...) so that's what really matters...

    Exhibt A--- "These fucking empty -headed right wingers continue to say all of the damning evidence against this administration is "just opinion."

    But then again, what else CAN they say ?

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:24 PM"


    Yeah, Chickenblogger, I don't know why political shows bother with discussing issues.

    They should just hire someone to read a treatise written by Keith Olbermann...

    (if you don't know the difference between subjective and objective information or opinion and fact, you're probably an Olbyloon...)

    They obviously don't have the moral courage to actually admit the obvious.

    Thus, this site: and making KO a punching bag !

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:28 PM


    Yeah, the only thing standing between your ideal of the entire blog world ibeing the Daily Kos, is the lack of moral courage.... in your opponents! :D

    You talk nonsense.
    You act like everything KO reports is "opinion"
    You'd like to think that, but of course, even you know it isn't true.
    I think.
    Don't know just how fucked up you are !

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:41 PM


    No, I act like there ought to be alternative voices on a tv that not doens't just discusses concrete matters but also abstract ones.

    On the otherhand it's YOU who acts as though Countdown serves up only one dish.

    Don't know just how fucked up you are !
    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:41 PM

    Obviously, you haven't been at this site very long !
    Facts are constantly ignored by Cecelia, but when Keith reports them, it's all opinion to her.

    We've seen through her right wing biases for ages.

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:44 PM

    Consider you're arguing that Countdown doesn't offer up any discussion that is subjective, in order to defend the absence of a non-Olbermann view....and you're callling someone else biased...

    Why don't you just have Olbermann canonized as the infallable Patron Saint of Goofball Fascists, like yourself.

    And there isn't?
    Doesn't your TV come with a remote to change the channel?

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:53 PM


    It sure does. Does you computer come with one to go to other websites?

    There is NewsHole or Bloggermann, you know, where you could read your infallable turth-giving oracle pronounce on what you believe to be entirely objective and factual material, till your empty head explodes.

    Please post the news shows you watch , Cecilia, with these "abstract matters."

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 4:55 PM

    I watch Hardball routinely, Anderson Cooper less frequently, and Scarborough Country at times.

    I watch Meet the Press and the Chris Matthews Show on Sunday.

    They all managed to air views from all sides.... of the issues...

    You probably think Chavez had the right idea...

    "plead"

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 5:02 PM


    You should "plead" ignorance that you don't know the difference between Nightly News and news analysis shows...

    This coming from a woman( I think) that has overlooked the mountain of evidence of failed policies of this administration.

    Could there possibly be another reason why you ignore it all, other than your deep seated biases?

    Oh, of course, you're actually a very realistic and unpartisan person, but this is the Olbermann Watch so yada yada.

    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 5:00 PM


    Translation-- I don't really know Cecelia's opinion or view on things, I just know it doesn't exactly concur with mine.

    Since my (chickenblogger's) opinion is based upon known facts and therefore indisputable, other voices are irrelevant, so I'll argue for one view only and call everyone esle biased who would air all views.

    Sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in Chavez-land?

    I watch all those shows also, and then some.
    You really Watch Scarborough and Matthews and you still think Bush is a good president and the Iraq war is a just cause ?

    My oh My, the information you have to ignore to hold on to your "beliefs".


    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 5:06 PM

    THIS from someone, bashing OW which freely allows his/her opinion, and who is defending a news analysis show airing only the opinion of the host because that is the only one that is "true"....

    My oh My, the information you have to ignore to hold on to your "beliefs".


    Posted by: at June 3, 2007 5:06 PM


    Starting to occur to you, einstein, that the question really is that if I'm not afraid of hearing information I don't agree with, then why are you?

    Ceceilia listed off half a dozen news shows that do indeed offer multiple opinions. i know that you liberals have issues with that sort of thing. You'd rather see all Liberals all the Time, even when they're lying or are using biased sources. But it gives her a much better grip on what's really going on in this world than you will ever have until you stop thinking of Keith Olbermann as being credible. And I'm far from a Ceceilia supporter or vise versa so don't think of this as me putting up a defense for her, I'm just stating facts.

    Now on to another fact, the reason Conyers and company dropped all mention of impeachment is that they lied to you, plain, pure, and simple. They could bring this issue to the forefront of the American public but they have dropped ALL discussion of it. They can still talk can't they? Oh, that's right, talk is all they CAN do. And you still buy their bs. That's the unbelievable part. You know, if they talked up impeachment, kept it in the forefront, and made their case for it, the American public would possibly support it and put pressure on their congresspeople to support it too. That's what politicans do. But cowards and liars hide in their offices and pretend they never mentioned such a thing, like Conyers is doing now. But go ahead, keep lying to protect him and the failed "governing" of your "leaders".

    This seems pertinent to the current discussion on this thread, so here it is:


    "Chicken Blogger, you made a very astute observation above. I quote you:

    "You mean the impartial Clinton hack ?
    No one will take it seriously, except Fox news. Everyone knows Morris does a hatchet job on the Clinton's (sic) every chance he gets."

    Your statement is so astute I believe it might have a universal application. Let me try that out by substituting some key words.

    You mean the impartial 'news' hack ?
    No one will take it seriously, except 'MSNBC' news. Everyone knows 'Olbermann' does a hatchet job on the Bush Admin/Repubs every chance he gets.

    Congratulations! You just illustrated KO to a tee. I think it will carry much more weight because you are such a KO fan.

    Grammie
    Posted by: Janet Hawkins at June 3, 2007 1:13 PM "

    Grammie

    I tried for almost twenty minutes but couldn't find the segment anywhere online... And I even checked the transcript of Joe's show at msnbc.com and didn't find any mention of Keith or the Al Gore interview. Does anyone have a link to the transcript or video?

    Leave a new comment