Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    May 14, 2007
    Liberal Leaning??

    I meant to post this late last week, before leaving town. Things snowballed, just a bit, and I never got a chance to do it. So, the graduations are now history, but the post remains.

    I'm headed out for a weekend filled with college graduation activities, but wanted to leave all of you with something to chew on while I'm gone. You've probably noticed all the reports lately about how Katie Couric is being trounced in the evening news race. Just in case you haven't been paying attention, allow me to present a couple of examples of the coverage and what commenters are saying. Then, I'm going to pick a fight...

    CBS Evening News Records Its Lowest Viewership In At Least 20 Years

    Last week's CBS Evening News viewership was the lowest it has been since at least 1987. It's accurate to call it [...]

    Nielsens: Really Bad Week for Katie Couric

    It surely wasn't what CBS dreamed about when Katie Couric was hired: the "CBS Evening News" last week recorded its smallest audience since 1987, and probably many years before that. It also didn't help that the average of 6.05 million viewers came at the beginning of the important [...]

    If you monitor the chatter on the internet, it seems most people think CBS's news numbers are tanking because the news programs are too liberal. Let's back up and look at the "big picture". Katie's in trouble, but she's not the only one. Go back 20 years, to when the Nielsen ratings were first recorded, and you'll discover that the trend is pretty much across the board: the major network evening newscasts are recording some of the lowest numbers they've seen since 1987. All of them. They're ALL too liberal? I find that hard to believe.

    In fact, I believe just the opposite may be true. I believe viewers are leaving the major networks because they are looking for something more exciting, more directed at their political view. This would explain the increase in ratings for both O'Reilly and, gasp, Olbermann (among others). I think the major networks have been stuck in their "comfort zone" far too long, afraid to venture out and take a chance. While they've been hunkered down in familiar territory, the cable folks have been challenging them with attitude.

    I believe we're seeing a surge in political awareness, urged along by easy access to the internet and a wide variety of opinions. Blog posts, forwarded emails, controversial websites - they all contribute to the political knowledge of Americans and our neighbors around the world. Many of you watch O'Reilly because you agree with his positions on major issues; some of us watch that other guy (the name that can't be spoken) for much the same reason. That is the reason Olbermann's ratings continue to increase. I know a couple of you will come up with some numbers you believe show just the opposite. But, when you back off and look at the trends, it's been generally positive for Olbermann and Countdown. Sure, there are going to be ups and downs, as the political climate and the stories of the day change. If you really want to argue about it, I'll start pointing out that Olbermann's audience is younger and the viewers have something better to do some evenings than just sit on their backsides and watch TV.

    Don't you see? It's a new ballgame. Questionable political actions that were once part of the daily routine in Washington, and could easily be lost in the blizzard of bureaucratic paperwork, are now being spotted. And questioned. Rather than get all hot and bothered by something Olbermann says, why not just watch the people you want, ignore him, and realize that the tables will be turned if a Democrat wins the Presidency in 2008. That, at least, would give O'Reilly somebody other than George Soros to pick on!


    Posted by Doug Krile | Permalink | Comments (31) | | View blog reactions

    31 Comments

    A network that just fired General Batiste for speaking out against Bush is hardly too 'liberal'. The CBS News Division clearly lacks the courage they used to have and may be paying the price for it in ratings.

    I hope so!

    "the major network evening newscasts are recording some of the lowest numbers they've seen since 1987. All of them. They're ALL too liberal? I find that hard to believe."

    Believe it. The big three Snews Cast are very liberal and have been leaning more and more to the left every year. The Number one News cast is ABC which is the least liberal of the 3. If you look at the profiles of most of the networks news analyst, most of them work for liberal action groups. The nightly news has been drifting further left every year and has been losing more and more in ratings. As O'Reilly says, wise up.

    "As O'Reilly says, wise up."

    O'Reilly is a pompous idiot. Someone who would actually name themselves after this same pompous idiot...well, that just boggles the mind!

    Doug,

    Samm is claiming on another post your kid "graduated" from special ed.

    He is relaying the old joke that its like winning gold at the Special Olympics. You know, even though you win your still retarded.

    Personally, I think the accomplishment of your child overcoming their mental shortcomings, no matter how severe, is admirable. We can all take a moment to reflect on your child's effort and the pride you and wife must feel.

    O'Reilly is a pompous idiot. Someone who would actually name themselves after this same pompous idiot...well, that just boggles the mind!

    Posted by: Mike at May 14, 2007 2:22 PM

    Bill O'Reilly is #1 every night, need I say more?

    "Bill O'Reilly #1 every night, need I say more?"

    No Jeff, the less YOU say, the smarter you appear!

    The FACT is that less than 1% of the population of America actually watches Bill O'Reilly's program consistantly.

    Are 1% or less of the population dumb enough to like this pompous numbskull?

    ....Now THAT is not so hard to believe!

    I watch 'The Factor', I find it interesting and entertaining. I know up front that he has a bias, that's why it falls into the op-ed news show. Go look at the last State of the Union speech. If I remember correctly, NBC had five people give their views on the speech. 4 were liberal one was conservative. If the MSM were not so liberal, talk radio and FOX would not be where it is today.

    "The FACT is that less than 1% of the population of America actually watches Bill O'Reilly's program consistantly."

    Then that means next to no one watches KO. :)

    By the way I wonder if KO has given much thought in what he's going to do if the Dems do take over the White House in '08...dose he really think his ratings will improve if the only thing he can do for 4 years is ass kissing and who will he do his "special comments" on...he's going to learn that Bush bashing will mean nothing after '08 and thats really all he has going for him now and we see how well that works for him.

    "The FACT is that less than 1% of the population of America actually watches Bill O'Reilly's program consistantly.

    Are 1% or less of the population dumb enough to like this pompous numbskull?

    ....Now THAT is not so hard to believe!

    Posted by: Mike at May 14, 2007 3:30 PM"

    What % if Americans watch your boy Olbermann Mike?

    The fact is that the 3 networks get WAY more viewers than the cable networks, including Fox.

    Maybe CBS should try something really radical-- like hiring a conservative to read the news. Since Cronkite, every full-time network anchor you can name has leaned left. Hume was the closest thing to an exception, but when he was with ABC, he only did weekends.

    Hiring a conservative would certainly attract some new viewers. Considering what's going on at CBS now, I think it's worth a try.

    The only problem is, there aren't many choices. Maybe Bernard Goldberg?

    It's funny that no one has commented on 'liberal' CBS's firing of General Batiste!

    "what % of Americans watch your boy
    Mike?"

    An insignificant sub - fraction of the population....like Bill O'Reilly.

    It's funny that no one has commented on 'liberal' CBS's firing of General Batiste!

    Posted by: Mike at May 14, 2007 4:15 PM

    CBS admitted the only reason why they fired him is because they got complaints from viewers. Since they can ill afford to lose more viewers, he had to go. They also admitted that they will still use him in segments, he is just not going to be paid by CBS anymore. Don't count on CBS hiring a conservative anytime soon since their entire staff of producers would walk. They already threatened to walk after a conservative Columbine father was on a "Free Speech" segment. If they hire Britt Hume or Chris Wallace, they would need to bring in their own staff from Fox.

    Nationally- Less than 55% have cable or dish which makes the pool of viewers for cable news even smaller. So when mike talks about 1% for OReilley in such a dim light he is cherry picking his stats. Fact is- OReilley - love or hate him- is considered one of the top advertising dollar pullers in cable... right next to Spongebob. His audience is huge. To pull in 3 times more an audience than KO is HUGE. And trends that the left talk about for KO is bunk. When you talk about a 5-10% jump in ratings of such a small audience... it translates to ZERO dollars in advertising. But keep trying to discredit cable news. It is becoming the monster that exposes the liberal bias of the media in America. As all the news channels polarize their bias in an effort to grow market-share it has become apparent that everyone- other than fox- has a liberal bias.

    It's funny that no one has commented on 'liberal' CBS's firing of General Batiste!

    Posted by: Mike at May 14, 2007 4:15 PM

    Newsflash! This is olbermannwatch. What was that % of people that watch ulbermahn, again, mickey?

    A very interesting post, Benson, however, where you see "liberal bias" in all of cable news except Fox, I see a RIght Wing bias in Fox, a very clear centrist mix on CNN, and only a SLIGHT overall 'liberal' bias on MSNBC.

    My point concerning O'Reilly AND Olbermann was that neither one really has a huge following in relation to the total population....less than 1% regularly watches either one, although I certainky don't question the fact that O'Reilly leads Olbermann....by a lot.

    Popularity is clearly not a bi-product of accuracy in my view.

    Having heard and read over and over that KO is closing in on Bill O (whatever the significance of that is) what do we make of the news that Bill O is in the same relative position to Katy Couric as KO is to Bill O.

    I can't divine anything from comparing self described and promoted as newsmen (KC and BO) to self described ADMITTED and promoted as commentators. I have every confidence that KO's fans will be able to explain it to us all.

    Grammie

    Typo in my post. Should read (KC and KO)

    Sorry,

    Grammie

    Mikey-Mikey- CNN Centrist? As a conservative I know bias when I see it. Yes Fox leans right, and it allows me to filter it accordingly. The danger with you lefties, is that you think you are centrist because you agree with news you feel is balanced. CNN is not centrist. CNN has long been the mouthpiece for the liberal agenda, as presented by its forefather- Ted Turner. And MSNBC has made a conscious decision to run to the left of CNN in an attempt pull the democrats for ratings.

    I see CNN as being far more to the center than MSNBC (left) or Fox (right) is these days. There are exceptions of course on both MSNBC and Fox but overall, I think CNN is more to the center than the other two and that could explain why I watch more CNN than anything else.

    Only a batshit crazy leftist can consider CNN "centrist". (If the shoe fits Mike...)

    All of the broadcast networks and their newcasts have been left of center forever, and that liberal elitist influence is pervasive from the lowliest staffer to the big time celebrity anchors.
    The relativley recent surge in the venomous, vitriolic ranting of the left is due in some part to their loss of complete hegemony in the media. Not contemt to still "control" a large majority of media outlets, they rage against Limbaugh, Fox, and any other media personality or organization that offers a counter point to liberal orthodoxy. Free speech and debate is a complete anathema to elitist left-wing moonbats (and their moronic state suckling sycophants) because in their (all to rare) lucid moments they understand their ideology can't stand up to logic and critical thinking.
    If Fox news, Limbaugh, et al, do not offer an effective counterweight to the MSM, why all the adolescent rage?

    Oh, and since this is Olbermenn Watch: The Orange One simply offers these goofs an outlet for their pent up juvenile fury. He is a hero to the infantile, pimply faced, dwell in their parent's basement demographic who will outgrow their devotion once they accept their mommy and daddy's advice. Move out of the basement, get a job, take some responsibilty, and try and accomplish something productive with your life. Throwing a life-long tantrum is not a succesful strategy (unless of course your name is Olbermann).

    Fox News has debunked, completely, last nights WPITW, (O'Reilly), crap with Ulbermahn lying, yet, again! I'm quite sure all of the olbyloons sucked it up like hot milk.

    "Only a batshit crazy leftist can consider CNN "centrist". (If the shoe fits Mike...)"

    Posted by: Alamo at May 15, 2007 11:33 AM


    Pretty much sums it up.

    "Only a batshit crazy leftist can consider CNN "centrist".

    And I say only a "batshit crazy" right winger would consider Fox 'News' "fair and balanced"....and CNN as 'leftist'.

    mickey, thanks for proving alamo and I's point, you make it too easy!

    "mickey, thanks for proving alamo and I's point, you make it too easy!"

    This is an example of why you are nothing but a joke on this site, Jeff. You make a silly assertion just like the one you made at 1:11 above...but you never back your assertion up with facts....or a coherent argument.

    Backing up an assertion would be way too much trouble for you....and probably beyond your capability as well.

    It's as if you really believe that just because you said it, it must be true.

    Day 6 after Ulbermahn claims our troops are 'mentally ill' and not a peep from the olbyloons.

    "This is an example of why you are nothing but a joke on this site, Jeff. You make a silly assertion just like the one you made at 1:11 above...but you never back your assertion up with facts....or a coherent argument."
    Posted by: mickey at May 15, 2007 1:22 PM

    "A very interesting post, Benson, however, where you see "liberal bias" in all of cable news except Fox, I see a RIght Wing bias in Fox, a very clear centrist mix on CNN, and only a SLIGHT overall 'liberal' bias on MSNBC."
    Posted by: mickey at May 14, 2007 6:51 PM

    Here's my proof you ARE batshit crazy and a total hypocrite.


    Your 6:51 o'clock p.m. post was dead-on, Mike. And, as if we needed proof, rk spews stupidity in your direction. You are a sage, Mike.

    Royal King, your 2:05 post about that idiot Mike is dead on. He shoots his mouth off continuously and never has proof to back his "statements." And he is a huge hypocrite, as you have proven countless times. You are a genius. Keep posting.

    You call your 2:05 parrot post 'proof' Jeff? Proof of what? Why is that 'proof' of anything?

    Another example of what I'm talking about. You said nothing, and you posted nothing.

    Doug,

    How many times are you going to restate the same point?

    We know....we know..... the future of tv news is ideology oriented news....Olbermann is the future.....if you don't like him, change the channel to....that biased FOX News......

    We get it.... we get it, Mr Profundity... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Leave a new comment