Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    June 5, 2007
    Countdown with Keith Olbermann - June 5, 2007

    "COUNTDOWN WITH KEITH OLBERMANN" (8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. ET)

    Host: Keith Olbermann

    Topics/Guests:

    • SCOOTER LIBBY SENTENCE Lawrence O'Donnell, "Law & Order" producer and MSNBC analyst
    • GITMO DISMISSALS: Neal Katyal, Georgetown law professor
    • OBSCENE LANGUAGE IN MEDIA: Rachel Maddow, Air America radio host

    Posted by Robert Cox | Permalink | Comments (46) | | View blog reactions

    46 Comments

    Oh my gosh it is so warm and comfy in Joe Wilson's lap. And he smells good too. I think the beard makes him extra credible.

    It's another man-crush lovefest for Olby. First it was Big Al, now it's Joe Wilson. Did you hear Olby stammer and slobber when he congratulated Joe W.? Gee, do you think Olby is biased? Do impartial "journalists" congratulate a guest on another man's conviction as if it were a victory they supported 100 percent? The air is thin and impartiality has evaporated on Olbyplanet. Good luck with that, Brian Williams.

    First Joe Wilson and next Larry O'. I have died and gone to lunatic bias heaven. Top it off with a little Al Gore and Michael Moore double feature and then I can die a happy man.

    Olbermann, take it easy. I'm not sure your heart can stand all of the excitement.

    And where is Joe Scarborough tonight? Dan Abrams is taking his place. Is Joe in dutch for his "working the pole" comment about Fred Thompson's wife? Fred is live on H&C right now.

    How'd the show go tonight? I was watching the comedy channel...er CNN...the latest Republican debate. These people are all a joke....except for the one they want to kick out of the party.

    But it's already proven...a 'joke' can certainly be president in America today!

    No, I asked where he was. Don't care what flip-flop Joe has to say otherwise. Unless he gets spanked for making off-color comments. The ghost of Imus must have visited him.

    Rope,
    You wouldn't know reason or facts if either took a dump on your face. You have about as much of pragmatic view as your parents' basement will allow. Put the honey bear down. Stop the Olby porn site you're creating and get some sun. It actually comes up every day contrary to your "sky is falling" beliefs. Oh yeah and get a job. Stop mooching off your parents.

    "He (Scarborough) displayed courage for seeing the facts and changing his mind."

    Ropeadope is a fool. He seems blissfully unaware that Joe's "conversion" happened to coincide with Danny Boy Abrams takeover as GM of MSLSD. Danny Boy decided to retool MSNBC from a left leaning, soft on Dems network to a shrill mouthpiece for the far left fringe. This meant there was no room for anyone who would present commentary that would contradict Danny Boy's plan to disseminate Bush hating propaganda. Thus, the "new" Scarborough, who has sold out to Danny Boy because he enjoys the spotlight more than he enjoys unemployment or starting over somewhere else.

    Where did I say that Iraq was a success? You freakin moron. Assumptions are like assholes and you are one.

    "Hank is and has been one of the biggest fools at this site for some time now.Any person who uses their head, comes to grip with reality, or weighs the facts and comes to a conclusion has alterior motives according
    to Tank !"

    Ropeadope's erudite commentary and critique does much to advance the condition of Western Civilization. We are greatly in your debt . . . or greatly in debt to "Tank" , whoever the hell he is, unless of course "Tank" has "alterior" motives.

    LOL!

    I missed tonight's game show. Did O'Donnell again predict that "Karl Rove" would be "indicted" for "revealing" the "identity" of the worthless, one-time federal bureaucrat Valerie Plame? Did he again predict that Joe Lieberman would abandon his campaign for the U.S. Senate? Did he again predict that John Kerry would "win" the 2004 presidential election?

    Richard Armitage is the person who outed Valerie Plame. Not a liberal in America even cares that Armitage faces no criminal consequences for his act. Why? Because Armitage does not support the war in Iraq, and is therefore, not fair game.

    "This woman's career was ruined by the really worthless , lying Bush Ad."

    No her career was ruined by her husband who published a fib-filled NYTimes editorial calling attention to himself as the person who had been sent to Niger. Mr. Plame Wilson was spectacularly unqualified to be sent on such a mission thus raising questions concerning how the hell he ended up being recommended. All roads led to his wife Valerie, as he knew they would. But BDS had gotten the better of Mr. Plame Wilson and so he vented his editorial spleen and the natural result (his wife's outing) followed.

    Your buddies at the WaPo have said as much, look it up.

    Once again Plame was not by the letter of the a covert agent..therefore revealing her name was not against the law.

    Plus if it was then Armitage is the one that should have been charged.it is very dishonest for KO,Wilson,the Left and the MSM to keep going on about this without actually going after the guy who leaked the name to begin with.

    The Libby trial is just one big joke and Bush should pardon him.

    Ms. Plame was indeed a covert agent -- that's been confirmed by people who know more than mlong. It's clear that prosecution under the poorly-written law is quite difficult, and that's why Mr. Armitage was not charged. That doesn't mean it's ok to lie to federal investigators, which a jury and a judge agreed Mr. Lewis did. I didn't like it when Mr. Clinton lied to investigators about a purely personal matter and it's quite a bit worse when a federal employee lies about this type of matter.

    Its not a personal matter if it is in testimony related to a sexual harassment charge you shallow incompetent dolt.

    Keith stroked Mister Valerie Plame
    On Bushies they try to lay blame
    But Val's just a ho
    Dye job is day-glow
    They got rid of one worthless dame

    Can anyone explain to me the significance of Olby in the tub?

    Crap, I missed last night's show, sure that the great Johnny $ would provide a stellar recap. Robert, where's Johnny? Is he one and done?

    "Can anyone explain to me the significance of Olby in the tub?"

    John Gibson of Fox used to sub for Olby in his previous stint on MSLSD. According to Gibson, Olby would sometimes refuse to come to work because he was upset about the unfavorable coverage of Bill Clinton. It seems that KO would take to the bathtub and pout during such times.

    Why are you girls still whining that Plame was not covert? Do you have such faulty memories that you forget that Bush promised to bring the leaker to justice? If the leaker did nothing wrong, what sense does it make...

    Moreover, outing Plame shut down a loose nukes program in Africa. It did an incredible amount of harm...

    GOP Hopefuls Fault Bush on Iraq, Style
    By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer

    5 hours ago

    MANCHESTER, N.H. - President Bush drew sporadic, startling criticism Tuesday night from Republican White House hopefuls unhappy with his handling of the Iraq war, his diplomatic style and his approach to immigration.

    It appears as though 'Bush Derangement Syndrome' has spread throughout the Republican party.

    It's an epidemic!

    "According to Gibson..."

    All you need to know to discount the rest...

    "Moreover, outing Plame shut down a loose nukes program in Africa. It did an incredible amount of harm..."

    Even if she was outed (which is questionable in light of evidence that it was generally known that she was CIA prior to her liar husband's grandiose accusations aginst the Bush administration), the person to be blamed for that circumstance is her husband (see my post as 12:43).

    hank,

    Plame's husband was correct about the yellow-cake deal. It was the Bush administration who outed Plame. Blaming her husband only makes you girls look like bigger whiners...

    Says ropesucker: "You're right, crash. The Iraq war is a glorious success and we're bringing the civil war in that country to an end.

    Facts to you are what you hear on Fox News.
    I get it !"

    END QUOTE

    Do you know how incredibly ignorant and stupid people like you sound when you blame FNC for the worlds problems? Have you ever watched FNC or do you formulate your opinion of FNC from Rosie? It looks like me a channel so biased to the right would not let a Bob Beckel or a Juan WIlliams shoot their mouths off almost every night. Damn you are stupid. You could not lick the ass on Simple Simon.

    Yeah, the war in Iraq is tough. Sure, we should just quit because they are fighting back. Why are you complaining? You ain't paying a price. You are just another loud mouth partisan using the war to get at our President. Why don;t you move to Venuzuela of Cuba or the Sudan or Iran.

    Where ya at baldheaded rat and your proof. If you shit in your left hand and filled the other up with your proof you would have more than enough shit to rub all over that silly face of yours. I haven't seen a liberal yet only exceeded by some of them Arabs in the butt ugly department. Don't let me run you out of here.

    It must be tough being a fat, bald headed old fart living on a Social Security check once a month.

    From the office of the Special Counsel, son:

    "Prior to July 14, 2003, Valerie Wilson’s employment status was classified. Prior to that date, her affiliation with the CIA was not common knowledge outside the intelligence community. Disclosure of classified information about an individual’s employment by the CIA has the potential to damage the national security in ways that range from preventing that individual’s future use in a covert capacity, to compromising intelligence-gathering methods and operations, and endangering the safety of CIA employees and those who deal with them..."

    Says ropesucker: ""It actually comes up every day contrary to your "sky is falling" beliefs. "

    END QUOTE

    You know what moron, George Bush and it's leaders are trying to protect us. Fuck you for criticizing the men that are protecting my family. Sooner or later one fo these moron liberal politicians, some federal judge willie appointed or some liberal media are going to contribute/allow us to get hit again. When that time comes, I will be more than willing to participate in a public hanging.

    It is the liberal that uses fear idiot. They are the experts at chicken little politics. They use Social Security, welfare, civil rights, abortion, rich v. poor, the haves v. the have nots, big oil, big drug, religious right......................

    You know how people get rich, they got educated and they have one helluva work ethic, something you are short on by a mile in both attributes. You are an appeasers looking for a hand out. Hell, it gives me great satisfaction the world is eating you alive. Damn I hope gas goes to $10/gallon.

    ""Prior to July 14, 2003, Valerie Wilson’s employment status was classified. Prior to that date, her affiliation with the CIA was not common knowledge outside the intelligence community. Disclosure of classified information about an individual’s employment by the CIA has the potential to damage the national security in ways that range from preventing that individual’s future use in a covert capacity, to compromising intelligence-gathering methods and operations, and endangering the safety of CIA employees and those who deal with them..."

    END QUOTE

    That's your proof. That is part of a federal count against Libby. Valerie Plame was no more a spy than the Double Naught Spy himself, Jefro Clampett. Joe Wilson looks like he forgot the 70's was over. He is cut from the same mold as willie clinton.

    Last night this peice of shit as the gall to say the attacks on his wife were an attack on Americans. Then Olby says he's sorry to Wilson and adds Americans to his apology. Man love at it's best. A few nights ago when Obly had ther racist, fraud, liar, Jesse Jackson on his show discussing Imus, Olby added at the end in closing that he had an African American that stands in for him when he's not on the show. This boy is unreal. I bet if Jesse asked him to eat the peanuts out of his shit he would be on his knees in a pico second.

    GB,

    What has Bush done to protect us, son?

    gb,

    I posted my proof, now why not post yours that she was not, son...after you learn how to spell "Jethro" and use commas anyway...

    Please avoid using editorial columns and conservative rags. Thanks, boy...

    seems your blindrat ass is still alive... sound protected to me

    gb,

    What's the matter, son? Balls drop off?

    Well, George Bush appears to have fled. Amazing how a fact will repel a neocon...

    "I posted my proof [that Valerie Plame was classified], now why not post yours that she was not, son . . ."

    Well, the problem is that what you posted is not proof. As GB pointed out, what you quoted is an ALLEGATION which is part of an indictment. It is simply an argument. The indictment containing this allegation does not even refer to any specific documents upon which this contention is based. Back to the drawing board blind rat.

    Oh and while you are at it, here are more lies to deal with that your hero Joe Wilson has been peddling about the "yellowcake deal""

    Wilson claimed Vice President Cheney dispatched him to Niger; Cheney did not even know of his trip.

    Wilson claimed his wife "had nothing to do with the matter. She definitely had not proposed that I make the trip."; however, Plame wrote a memo successfully advocating her husband be chosen for the assignment (based in part on the fact that he had "lots of French contacts").

    Wilson dissembled that he wrote a report of his activities; he never laid pen to paper.
    Wilson said his trip uncovered no evidence of Saddam Hussein's attempt to purchase yellowcake uranium; the CIA agents who debriefed him averred that his testimony "lent more credibility" to the notion Saddam had.

    Wilson claimed he saw the documents the uranium claim was based on, and they were forgeries, because "the dates were wrong and the names were wrong"; however, the CIA did not have these documents until eight months after Wilson left. In this case -- in which Wilson, not Libby, remembered things that never occurred -- he sheepishly claimed he had "misspoken."

    hank,

    Now YOU need proof that she was covert? If she wasn't there would have been no investigation in the first place. But sure, I'll post something else:

    "More than Valerie Plame's identity was exposed when her name appeared in a syndicated column in the summer of 2003.

    A small Boston company listed as her employer suddenly was shown to be a bogus CIA front, and her alma mater in Belgium discovered it was a favored haunt of an American spy. At Langley, officials in the clandestine service quickly began drawing up a list of contacts and friends, cultivated over more than a decade, to triage any immediate damage..."

    "...Nonetheless, intelligence specialists said the exposure of Plame -- who operated under the deepest form of cover -- was a grim reminder of the risks spies face..."

    "..."It's possible that no damage was done [to national security] but she can never [work] overseas again," said Mark Lowenthal, who retired from a senior management position at the CIA in March..."

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/28/AR2005102801988_2.html

    And, let's face it, hank: Wilson was right and the Bushies were wrong about the yellow-cake. All the spinning in the world wouldn't change that...

    dumbrat- you say wilson was right? that there wasn't an iraq meeting about yellow cake? your getting senile in your old age gramps. there was a meeting. check the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report. it states clearly that a meeting did occur. but it may require you to put your specs on gramps. or maybe even just require you to dig it out of your huge bevvy of facts you choose to omit when you wax about the good old days. isn't it time for you to lay down gramps.

    Where does Wilson say that there was no meeting, son?

    Actually, it is stated that the Iraqi government tried to talk about uranium but the prime minister steered the conversation away from that subject...

    You're welcome!

    I've gotta catch my bus. But, before the obvious question is asked, my source is the Senate Iraq Report, July 2004. Page 44 is good reading, by the way...

    Farewell, children!

    In a syndicated newspaper column by Robert Novak on July 14, 2003, Valerie Plame (aka Valerie E. Wilson) was identified as a CIA "operative on weapons of mass destruction." Plame was married to former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson, who had worked briefly for the CIA and had written a scathing editorial a week earlier in the New York Times accusing the Bush administration of "twisting," "manipulating," and "exaggerating" intelligence about Iraqi weapons programs "to justify an invasion."

    Bush's adversaries quickly concluded that he or someone close to him had illegally "outed" Plame in retribution for her husband's editorial, and thus a "scandal" was born. Many of them demanded that Karl Rove, the President's close advisor and an early suspect in the case, be fired immediately. Many more speculated and hoped that the "leak" would ultimately bring Bush down in classic Watergate style.

    President Bush appointed a Special Prosecutor to investigate the matter, and thus began one of the most ridiculous episodes in American history. The original conspiracy theory was absurd on its face and has been debunked, but the Bush adversaries have kept most of the American public ignorant of several absurdities that have permeated this case from start to finish. The Plame episode was and is a farce.

    The mainstream media routinely refer to Plame as a former "covert" or "undercover" agent, but they almost always conveniently neglect to mention that she had not been one for several years prior to the so-called "leak." When the "leak" occurred, Plame was working openly at a desk job at CIA headquarters and had been for over five years.

    Common sense suggests that once an agent works regularly at CIA headquarters, the agent is no longer useful for long-term, high-priority covert work. The law sets the threshold at five years, and Plame had exceeded that threshold for not working an extended undercover assignment in a foreign country. Hence, the law about "outing" a covert agent simply did not apply.

    The law also requires that the leak be intentional, which is very difficult to prove under any circumstances. When the "outed" agent had been working openly at a desk job at CIA headquarters for several years prior to the "outing," malicious intent is almost impossible to prove.

    Finally, you might try bringing yourself up to speed by reading this column by two of the drafters of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act on the issue of whether Plame was really covert or not.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2305-2005Jan11.html

    Blindrat says:

    "Wilson was right and the Bushies were wrong about the yellow-cake. All the spinning in the world wouldn't change that..."

    But blindrat ignores this:

    "Wilson said his trip uncovered no evidence of Saddam Hussein's attempt to purchase yellowcake uranium; the CIA agents who debriefed him averred that his testimony "lent more credibility" to the notion Saddam had."

    Yeah, there's definitely some spinning, but it's blindrat doing the spinning. . .

    Blindrat at 2:07: "Well George Bush appears to have fled. Amazing how a fact will repel a Neocon"

    Blindrat, I've noticed a pattern. The bile machine who calls himself "George Bush" appears here almost every day at lunchtime and spews out a tirade of hate and profanity laced third grade level insults aimed at me, you, and anybody else who dares diss his beloved namesake...and then disappears again.

    My guess is that he does this on his lunch break....and then he has to punch back in somewhere. At least he appears to be gainfully employed, even if he thinks spewing out bile is a substitute for articulating a coherent argument.

    Keith , being uniquely feminine, was actually moist during the Joe Wilson segment. Keith is a wonderful woman. HA!

    MSN I NIIPET
    MSN

    Leave a new comment