Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    June 8, 2007
    Keith Olbermann Smears Bill O'Reilly with Lies...Again

    It never fails. When the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann has to feed his Olbsession, truth really doesn't matter. So it is with Herr Olbermann's latest smear: built on selective editing, and furnished with lies.

    Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly book Culture Warrior

    Keith dealt with a libel suit: a Boston Herald reporter misquoted a judge and lost the case. At one point, this reporter had appeared on the air with O'Reilly. Aha! Ripe material for another Olbermann hatchet job. In genuine Countdown fashion, Olby invited one side of the controversy (the attorney for the judge) but no one from the other side.

    The thrust of this latest slander was that O'Reilly should have been sued for libel too because he put the reporter on the air to make his false statement (that the judge had told a rape victim: "tell her to get over it"). Olby runs a clip of O'Reilly asking the reporter

    Are you absolutely, 100% sure that the judge said that the rape victim should get over it?

    The reporter says yes. Olbermann goes on to suggest that O'Reilly is responsible for alleged death threats to the judge, and adds:

    The crusade against a judge for saying something controversial that he never said, doesn't that really rise to a more deplorable crime than just libel. I mean, doesn't it border on reckless endangerment?

    Is Olbermann telling the truth here? Not quite. The disputed statement was an aggravating aspect, but in fact O'Reilly's beef with the judge was that he sentenced a man who raped a 14-year-old girl to probation. Does it strike you as odd that this probationary sentence was never mentioned by either Bathtub Boy or the lawyer? Olby had no choice. In order to lie about the reason for Bill's crusade (a statement that was never made) he had to hide the real reason (probation for rapists) by making no mention of it. But it gets even better, as "Man on Fan" Olbermann asks:

    Did O'Reilly ever apologize to the Judge?

    The lawyer responded that he hasn't apologize or retracted his reporting. But wait, could it be that there's something else Edward R Olbermann isn't telling us? Yes it could!

    That clip that Olby ran of O'Reilly with the reporter? It was very carefully edited. Edited to leave out this part:

    Judge Murphy turned down our request for an interview, but he did tell "The Boston Globe," which competes against "The Herald," that he never said any such thing, and that he's the victim of intimidation.

    Say what? O'Reilly asked the judge for an interview but the judge declined. More to the point, O'Reilly actually gave the judge's side of the story, including the fact that the judge adamantly denied making the controversial statement.

    But Olbermann can't show that part of the tape. After all, how silly would he look demanding an apology from O'Reilly for telling both sides of a story? Instead KO just snips that out, pretends like Bill never said it, and presto! He has a nice, shiny new smear.

    So an entire segment of The Hour of Spin is based on misrepresentation and lies. Olbermann and his parrot demand O'Reilly apologize based on a carefully edited slice of an interview, while they deliberately leave out O'Reilly giving both sides and reporting that the judge denied making the statement. Krazy Keith must really hate the concept of telling both sides of a controversy, because it has led him to serve up another irresponsible, propagandistic, hack smear job. It's Olbermann who owes an apology.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (45) | | View blog reactions

    45 Comments

    Keith is too gosh darn feminine!

    Keith is a sick , twisted , lying piece of crap!

    Uberloon is mentally ill
    His crazy obsession with Bill
    Olby hired a shrink
    To tell him what to think
    And prescribe that little blue pill

    I hadn't watched any of KO in a while but ESchatz (BTW, good job tonight) piqued my interest so I listened to it.

    My Mom loved Bill O and we watched most nights and I remembered the story, or so I thought, from when it came on. After listening to the propaganda I thought the premise that Bill O was responsible and even more responsible than the reporter, Wedge, was a crock. But I did think that since Bill O ran with story over a period of time he should make a statement of apology for his role, unwitting though it was.

    Having read your comments I realized that I did remember the complete story but didn't realize from KO's hit piece that they were not separate stories.

    He is a master of deceit extraordinaire!

    And the segment on Paris Hilton was degenerate. This is MSNBC's prime time news show. Herpes of the brain from the creepy Musto.

    I'll go back to reading the transcript the next day if I am interested in getting more details on any of his stories.

    I always thought when you used 'Bill Orally' that you were illustrating one of his tactics. But this story was a major segment and he used it. Unbelievable.

    Grammie

    Just more red meat for the radical left. All Olby has to do is mention either Fox, O'Reilly, or Bush and they begin to foam at the mouth. He knows his core audience very well and he'll keep doing it because the rest of the MSM media will never call HIM out for his lies or distortions.

    This is a perfect example of why NO ONE should review the Hour Of Spin except for Johnny D!! Great job Johnny and of course........you got it, GREAT THANKS!!!

    So if I put someone on the air accusing you of the most vile thing imaginable, but I also give you the chance to deny the allegations, that's fair and balanced journalism?

    You shouldn't be ACCUSING anyone of ANYTHING without PROOF. You should report FACTS only. NOT OPINIONS. Got it?

    > that's fair and balanced journalism?

    You mean like running a tape of O'Reilly and editing out where he gives the judge's side? To make it look like he was being one-sided when in fact he went out of his way to report both sides of the controversy?

    How can anyone possibly defend KO slicing that O'Reilly clip? Oh wait, we ARE dealing with OlbyLoons.

    Well Bing, it's a hell of alot better than "Olby Balance". Olby commonly makes outrageous claims and disseminates unsupported inuendo with no opposing opinion, or giving 'the accused" any opportunity to defend themselves.

    Also, You and "June 8" apparently can not or simply refuse to grasp the fact that O'Reilly's story WAS ABOUT THE SENTENCE. If the judge made the alleged comment it would certainly be in keeping with the sentence this moron handed down to a child rapist. You loons are so predictable.

    I'm not defending Mr. Olbermann -- I find him fairly obnoxious, actually. But do any of you actually think that Mr. O'Reilly would have aired this piece but for the quote which was apparently made up? Sad to say, judges give convicted rapists probation every day. They're following sentencing guidelines enacted by our elected officials. These stories don't make cable news unless there's a quote like this to air repeatedly. The lie, not the sentence, gave this story legs, and the lie, not the sentence, apparently led to this judge getting death threats.

    Isn't it just par for the course that in a case that is widely believed to have a negative impact on journalism as regards reporting accusations against public officials, our Edward R. Olbermann tackles the issue from the angle of bashing a fellow talking-head, who just happens to be his time-slot competition...

    Thanks, Johnny. Somehow I knew there was another side. And I knew that Keith wouldn't tell it.

    Bill-O is not a journalist, but he's more of a journalist than Keith-O.

    Bill-O is not a journalist, but he's more of a journalist than Keith-O.


    Posted by: Billy at June 8, 2007 10:44 AM

    Are you kidding... Ryan Seacrest is more of a journalist than K.O.

    "Bill-O is not a journalist, but he's more of a journalist than Keith-O"


    ###
    Keith Olbermann has become the left's Rush Limbaugh.

    Johnny, could you post your comments (here at OW) made at the news hounds blog. They seemed to have deleted and/or extremely edited most of it.

    This is why I hate the fringe left and why these idiots are ruining the Democratic Party. They have no courage to have opposing views on their blogs (just like Olbermann's show).

    Bing,

    Have you ever watched Bill O'Reilly's show? This is precisly the type of story he would run, with or without the fabricated quote.

    I also don't understand your premise, but I just may be tired. Are you saying that bringing on someone who accuses a judge of that remark, attempting to get the judge to give his side of the story is not the right way to do it?

    Is it better to accuse someone of libel, slander, and reckless endangerment without even asking for there side?

    Bing, I find another part of your post equally extraordinary. You claim that child rapists (this is the subject) get probation all the time only because of sentencing guidelines and that BO only ran with the story because of the blatant lie by a respected MSM paper.

    Would you care to supply us with the names of a few jurisdictions that compel the sentencing judge to give a CHILD RAPIST probation. I assume Judge Murphy's jurisdiction will be at the top of the list. This can't be the first time it happened so empirical evidence will do just fine.

    Grammie

    > Johnny, could you post your comments (here at OW) made at the news hounds blog. They seemed to have deleted and/or extremely edited most of it.

    Many of them are reproduced here:

    http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/iblog/C1049953760/E20070608112419/index.html

    Thanks Johnny.

    To anyone interested, some "reporters" poll for you to choose your "favorite" MS-NBC male anchor (although a few are not anchors). Keith is winning by a ton (vote for Chris Matthews, it'll drive Olberdouche nuts)--you can only vote once:

    http://www.reportercaps.com/rcpoll/pollsmsnbcm.php

    I didn't say jurisdictions compelled probation in these cases. I said judges, following sentencing guidelines, have given such defendants probation, every day. They have discretion to do in many jurisdictions. I've worked in this area and have seen it repeatedly. Google "rape" and "probation" and you'll get a lot of hits, and that's only for the cases that make the news -- most of them don't -- they are a lot more likely to make the news when there's the red meat of a libelous quote to use.
    And yes, before a news show airs a quote of this nature, it should take some steps to confirm it. It's not enough to run the quote and a denial -- you've already harmed the person's reputation by merely running the quote. I just read the court's opinion in the libel case and there was overwhelming evidence that the judge never made this comment. Fox could have found that out before interviewing the reporter on the air, but why let the facts get in the way of a story?

    Bing, can the judges exercise discretion when sentencing a child rapist and go outside the guidelines or not? You appear to be contending that at least some guidelines have only probation for Child Rapist in certain circumstances.

    Or, are they truly guidelines that can be deviated from. If that is the case than this Judge is unfit to serve, in my opinion.

    I will google "child rape" and "probation" and see what I get. However, since you claim deeper than average knowledge in this area a few links would have been welcomed.

    Grammie

    Bing,

    The key word you used is discretion, not mandatory. The judge used his discretion to sentence at the low end of the sentencing guidelines. O'Reilly read the judge's denial of the statement from the Globe. The judge could have sent a rep to appear on the show. He did not want to explain why he ordered probation for rape. Face it.

    I've read that the judge admits he might have said something to the effect of "she will have to get over it" in a "compassionate" manner rather than "tell her to get over it", as he was accused of having said.

    Either quote, combined with probation for the rapist, seems worth reporting to me and I'm not arguing that every effort shouldn't have been made by the Herald to report the story accurately.

    As to how Olbermann has reported this story, think back to the Killian memos and to Newsweek having to back off a report it made about Gitmo guards flushing Korans, and remember Olbermann's response to those stories. He argued that because the media had, in both instances, asked the WH to comment on the charges and they had not offered a comment, that this was proof that the WH (Karl Rove) had set-up the media to go with a story the WH knew was a lie or knew they could manage to make the story look iffy in order to make the media air it first and then face condemnation.

    Contrast Olbermann's "take" in those instances, with the facts of O'Reilly reporting on a story that had been published in a newspaper, by having the journalist on the air, and asking the judge to come on to defend himself personally or to issue a statement to O'Reilly denying the story. O'Reilly even read the judge's previous general denial of the statement that he had made after the newspaper report.

    Now consider the fact that Olbermann is ignoring the other story in this story, that many journalists are demayed by the verdict in this case because they fear the impact it may have on reporting.

    You don't have to look very hard to see where Olbermann's priorities lie...


    Here's a bit from Bloggermann where Olbermann "connects-the-dots" when it comes to the WH NOT correcting or commenting on a story when asked to do so by the media before they run with it:

    "The way Craig Crawford reconstructed it, this one went similarly to the way the Killian Memos story evolved at the White House. The news organization turns to the administration for a denial. The administration says nothing. The news organization runs the story. The administration jumps on the necks of the news organization with both feet ? or has its proxies do it for them."


    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7873141/

    Bing, to my surprise I found that this is a common occurrence in many parts of our country. And sentencing guidelines is only part of the problem. It is also professional mental health workers push for probation with treatment, prosecutors shirking their duty who want options to plea bargain, trial lawyers seeking advantages and shameful judges who make use of any option or justification they can find.

    All of the above being true Bill O is not guilty of pillorying one Judge but his failure to make the actual scope of the problem a daily/weekly feature and shining a bright light on the shameful system that makes this so common place. Bill O has featured stories re abuses in our system when dealing with crimes against children often but now, I know, not nearly enough.

    Instead of effectively lying by selective editing KO had an opportunity, if he had a genuine interest in anything other than venting his spleen for the umpteenth time on his nemesis , to point out Bill O has been lax in his self proclaimed one man crusade against child abuse whether by criminals or the judicial system.

    And I know that shining a light on this problem can be very effective. After some particularly horrible cases of child abuse in Louisiana generated public outrage over our laws they were changed. In contrast to what I read over and over on my search let me quote this one from Louisiana:

    "LOUISIANA
    Priest Convicted Of Rape. Roman Catholic priest Robert Melancon, 60, will be sentenced to life in prison without parole in August for raping an altar boy for 6 years while serving at the Annunziata Catholic Church in Houma.

    The rapes began in 1985 when the boy was 8, just a few months after he became an altar boy at Melancon's suggestion, and continued until 1991, when the priest left for another church. Source: The Advocate 6/19/96"


    Still would like your answer to my question above re the flexible vs compulsory aspect of sentencing guidelines.

    Grammie

    As I understand it, O'Rielly campaigned against the judge for several weeks. His brief mentioning, in a single sentence, that the judge denied having made that remark is not exactly enough to balance out such an extended campaign.

    As for the judge refusing to appear on the Factor, it should be pointed out that O'Rielly has a history of lying about having invited guests (e.g. Obama). Also, even if the judge had refused, that wouldn't have been particularly surprising since O'Rielly's style of "interviewing" is so belligerant and dishonest that the judge probably wouldn't have been given a chance to defend himself. In refusing, the judge would have been merely denying O'Rielly the opportunity to verbally beat him to a pulp on air.

    As to the sentence, the perpetrator was mentally ill. Punishing him the same way you would punish a person who had raped the girl of his own free, fully rational will would be no different than holding somebody with Tourette's syndrome in contempt of court for involuntarily shouting out obscenities.

    The extended campaign was for giving probation to a child rapist. Like he has done regarding other judges. You can accuse O'Reilly of lying, but of course you present zero evidence. Meanwhile, we have PROVEN that Olbermann doctored a video clip to make O'Reilly look bad and essentially lied about O'Reilly to his audience.

    If you try to defend Olbermann by attacking someone else, you might just be an OlbyLoon.

    Three qustions for you re the following statement:

    "As to the sentence, the perpetrator was mentally ill. Punishing him the same way you would punish a person who had raped the girl of his own free, fully rational will would be no different than holding somebody with Tourette's syndrome in contempt of court for involuntarily shouting out obscenities.
    Posted by: Sergei Andropov at June 8, 2007
    4:29 PM"

    First, please define his mental illness and a citation of the record.

    Second, does any mental illness excuse us from restraints by society or certain ones?

    Third, how does probation help either him and/or other potential victims?

    Grammie

    If Olbermann can find a conspiracy in the WH not issuing comments or denials about every soon-to-be-published story each time they are asked by the media, surely he can find it somewhat significant that O'Reilly asked the judge to appear or to issue a comment...

    As to your statements about the rapist's culpability, it depends on the degree of mental illness.

    I'd be interested in learning more about the illness, you mention. Could you post some links, please.

    infamous, deplorable... and the olberloons are too blanking stupid to even question keith's integrity. any olbermann fan out there is a complete and utter douche.

    HEY Dan Abrahms, do you realize its people like you that now have new enemies who are passionate about slapping your face? I'd like to slap that peach fuzz off dan's loud mouth.

    good job olbermannwatch on predicting the mysoginy angle. it was worse than i would have imagined. this isnt about paris or what anyone thinks about her, its about keith's utter fascination with degrading her. it comes off as an attack on any woman, not just paris. what did he say? human peetree dish?

    i very rarely see olbermann, but someone caught last nights show. it was a good one to catch.... olbermann was so out there i simply felt vindicated. NO ONE CAN TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY NOW. 'cept the olberloons and dan (studmuffin) abrams.

    Sergei,

    You need to read some background here from the Wapo. O'Reilly didn't start the hounding.

    Here is part of the article about the sentencing:

    The prosecutor had hoped to put McSweeney in prison for five years -- for the robbery. The charges against him already had been reduced to statutory rape because no force was involved. Even the prosecutor said Murphy wanted to give McSweeney some prison time, maybe a couple of years. But sentencing guidelines allowed a choice only between a full five years for the charge of "masked" robbery, or no prison time at all.

    In court, Murphy said: "I myself have five daughters. . . . I understand what a daughter is. . . . I'm not oblivious to these considerations. . . . [But] I know what happens in state's prison when people like Mr. McSweeney show up at 17 years old."

    Murphy sentenced McSweeney to eight years' probation.

    *****

    Whether or not he made the controversial statement, you have to analyze his thinking. Whose needs did he ultimately consider?

    Below is what I found on the sentencing guidelines which indicates he was not bound by either 5 years in state prison or probation. It was last updated in Sept 2006 and this occurred earlier but it doubtfully changed that much.
    The sentencing judge may impose a sentence below or above the sentencing guidelines range by setting forth in writing reasons for departing from that range on a sentencing statement, giving the "facts, circumstances, evidence, opinions, and any other matters considered" (G.L. c. 211E, � 3(h)). A sentencing judge may also depart from the guidelines by imposing a sentence of incarceration where the guidelines prescribe intermediate sanctions only (green zone), or by imposing a sentence of intermediate sanctions where the guidelines prescribe incarceration only (red zone). Any departure must be based on a finding that one or more mitigating or aggravating circumstances exist.
    http://www.mass.gov/courts/formsandguidelines/sentencing/step6.html

    Grammie,

    You'll find this interesting.

    http://www.rcfp.org/news/mag/30-1/lib-leveragi.html

    Chicken Blogger and Cecelia, thanks to both for the citations and answers.

    It is so typical of KO to ignore/edit out anything that does not bolster up his basis to attack anyone, especially BillO.

    Cecelia, thanks for that link. I went to the Boston Herald and got an inkling that the Judge did something pretty outrageous after the verdict but they charge a fee to have access to entire articles.

    Judge Murphy comes across in those three letters more like an extortionist than a judge. No wonder his lawyer went on Countdown, a place he could be guaranteed that anything that mitigated against his client would be ignored or edited out.

    It would have been nice if some of his defenders had done more research than they seem to have done rather than making blanket statements with no citations.

    Grammie

    Unbelieveable. Keith-O really is the most dangerous man on television. I watched his piece on Bill and knew something wasn't right, but, of course, there's really no practical way for the common viewer to find out the sure truth.

    Kudos to J$D.

    Good comment from a KO fan from the NEWSHOLE:

    Keith, your O'Reilly segment was very, very subpar. None of us who watch your show like him in the slightest, but when you kept pushing the attorney to "indict" Mr. O'Reilly for simply repeating what the Boston reporter had stated, it made you look desperate.
    Andrew (Columbia, SC) (Sent Friday, June 08, 2007 10:32 AM)

    Post lifted from "News Hole" by mike

    ohmigod! will you people pls get a life! keef's show is ALSO entertainment, i.e. WPITW, Oddball, all those fab music bumpers (btw it was so great to hear pump it up the other daie, i always turn it up if its a great track), etc, ... & IN ADDITION TO THIS GREAT FUN STUFF viewers get the best news show & content, hands down, on tv, w/ the only tv news person currently who calls out those in power, lib & conservative alike. he's got to cover this story, he will, we'll move on & get back to making this country great agin, just like all of us, one daie at a time.

    I just had to share...........

    You're all a bunch of fucking crybabies.

    Poor Bill O'Reilly!

    How on earth can anyone who calls himself a journalist not include the fact that O'Reilly quoted the judge stating that he (the judge) had not made the statement?

    We have: (1) a reporter claiming the judge made the statement and (2) the judge denying it.

    What's the truth?

    We don't know. He said/he said.

    But for KO not to include the FACT that O'Reilly asked the judge (or a representative) on his show to discuss the controversy is an indictment on KO and NOT O'Reilly.

    KO tried to smear O'Reilly by "exposing" his poor journalism and ended up exposing who the real shoddy journalist is: Keith Olbermann.

    What a joke.

    Amen" Chicken Blogger

    Grammie

    I wish that somebody would just cave Olbermans fucking head in and be done with it. He is a disgusting lying pice of elephant shit.

    OlbysMammy, it sounds like somebody has already caved your head in and the resulting brain damage comes through with every new juvenile, gutter level post that you make.

    More DEATH THREATS under the watchful eye of Bob Cox:


    -------------------
    I wish that somebody would just cave Olbermans fucking head in and be done with it. He is a disgusting lying pice of elephant shit.
    Posted by: OlbysMammy at June 11, 2007 5:53 PM
    =============

    Managing Editor
    Robert Cox
    olby@olbywatch.com

    K.O. is willing to stand up an say the truth regardless of repercussions. Unlike this propagandist website, he has no ulterior motives. Have a nice day.