Keith Olbermann Kauses Konfusion Among Kos Kidz
There's total Kos Konfusion tonight as their hero and financial benefactor, the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann, is getting decidedly mixed reviews from the Kossacks. It seems they're finally tumbling to what we have known all along: he's in Hillary Clinton's pocket.
What the hell. I mean, what the hell Keith? Olbermann has continually belittled the Obama win here tonight.... I have long suspected that Olbermann is not a huge fan of Obama, based on some anecdotal evidence. But tonight he is really taking the cake.... He then tries some ridiculous spin, but claiming that if you subtract the 20% independents, Obama "only" wins 32-31. This is truly unbelievable. Not only does he not subtract the independents from the other campaigns, he attemps to diminish the fact that Obama just brought huge numbers of new people into the democratic fold.
And then the Kos Kommenters let loose:
- Half of Keith's audience watches him on Crooks and Liars. He's got to stay in good with the netroots types, even if it means rooting for the loser.
- never even say Obama's name on the air----maybe a couple brief mentions in passing, usually framing something about him in a dim light. He has never given Obama fair coverage. His truthtelling never included honesty about Obama. You would never have known he was running for anything, let alone President, by watching his show. I lost respect for him for that reason.
- Douchebag. But he's not going spoil my mood because Obama is giving a SPEECH FOR THE AGES.
- KO is clearly just falling prey to "oh God I'm live and need something superficially insightful to say" disease. It's common during times like these no matter who the commentator.
- I do detect a pro-Hillary bias in his reporting on the Democratic nomination process - at all times. I never see him interviewing any of the other candidates on Countdown, but I've seen him interview Hillary. I'm going to be interested if he does get those interviews how he acts, or if he'll ever ask Hillary a tough question.
- Olbermann might make such an analysis to get a sense of how Obama will fare in the vast majority of Democratic primaries that do not allow independents to vote. Did that ever occur to you?
- All he does is play up the fact that independents helped carry Obama to victory. DUH! Stop carrying Clinton's water!
- he is certainly trying to downplay the win...he did it again... If you take independents away...HE STILL WINS...
- Olbermann is a Hillary hack. The guy never even mentions Obama. Any "host" that never brings on a guest that disagrees with him has their agenda. Go do another horrid "Special Comment," Keith.
- I'm a Clinton supporter, and I have never detected a bias for Clinton from him. Bias for Democrats, yeah, sure.
- Jesus Christ, you WON, get a f@@@ing grip. Calling Olbermann, Krugman and any progressive that has been sticking his neck out for YOU in a sea of Republican media propaganda a "hack" and worse is exactly why people like me could not support Obama in the primaries.... Stop dumping on progressive allies.
- Seriously, we have big problems if progressives are going to go ballistic on a guy like Keith Olbermann. He's literally the only person on TV who's worth a shit in terms of attacking Bush and defending progressive principles.
- Had to turn off the Olby-Tweety Show when they were still talking as if there's only two candidates when Edwards was neck and neck and eventually beating Hillary. It's pathetic.
- Even though I like Keith a lot, I feel like he has been downplaying Obama and playing up to Hillary whenever he talks about the campaigns.
- Oh, how I used to love Keith Olbermann. In my house the 7 p.m. hour was sacred. Everything stopped at 7 p.m. Not any more. When the primaries started in earnest, I saw Keith use every chance he could to boost Hillary. Good news about Obama was relegated to nano seconds. And when he had Craig Crawford on, they piled on Obama.