Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 29, 2008
    Countdown: Tuesday Recappers Thread

    Bathtub Boy

    This is the recappers' comment thread for Countdown, September 29 30 2008.

    Welcome to You Write the Recap 2.0. This is a special thread for you to post your comments on tonight's Hour of Spin. Note everything salient: smears, distortions, bias, lies, the works. Watch the first showing, the repeat, or view the videos at the Countdown website.

    We'll go through the comments, organize them, and the best will form the nucleus of our official OlbyWatch Recap. That will be posted separately, later tonight, for maximum visibility and impact. We need your help documenting the shameless "journalism" of Keith "Man on Fan" Olbermann.

    Be an Olbermann Watch blogger--without all the muss and fuss! Comments are open: post your analysis of tonight's Hour of Spin here, and watch for your insights later tonight in the official OlbyWatch Recap.


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (24) | | View blog reactions

    24 Comments

    WPITW Brian Kilmeade of "Fixed News" Ding!

    http://tinyurl.com/4bme7f

    No recap tonight I guess. Thanks guys.

    Just a hunch. Olbyonesidedkanoby made no mention of the 95 democrats that voted against the "bail out barney and chris" bill? Not even 12 people on barneys board? Shocker!

    Has anyone brought up the fact that Obama smokes and both of his parents died at an early age?

    Plus, Biden has had two brain aneurysms which could have killed him.

    If they both died while in office that would leave Nancy Pelosi as president.

    I can't think of a better reason to vote for McCain and Palin!

    "If they both died while in office that would leave Nancy Pelosi as president."

    And who do you think would become president if both McCain & Palin died in office?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "I can't think of a better reason to vote for McCain and Palin!"

    Aha! I've always suspected you didn't have very good reasons for voting for McCain. Thanks for admitting it. I can assure you that I have far more consequential reasons than that for voting for Obama.

    Two hours of Obama's campaign
    Keith and Rachel will numb the brain
    Pull the string, they will yak
    Another (yawn) attack
    On Sarah, FoxNews, or McCain

    Borrowing a line from the deplorable Low Blow KO for Low Blow KO: Does he really believe what he is saying or does he think his audience is that stupid?

    First up in the Olby memebrain:
    "Talking points...who's writing them for the Senator? His visceral advice on the economic bail-out....'...call it rescue, not bailout...'...where did he get it....Fox News...Bill Crystal last Tuesday...talking points from Fixed Noooze...by snail mail."

    So, the connection is, Bill Crystal on Fox News used the phrase "rescue bill" on Sep 23rd and John McCain used the phrase "rescue bill" on Sep 30th, thus proooving Sen. McCain is getting his talking points from Fox News....uhhhh....except....uhhhh
    WOW! Check out the date and the website for the first of countless examples of the phrase"rescue bill."
    ------
    Government plans bold financial rescue
    Bailout price tag likely to reach a half-trillion dollars
    updated 6:41 p.m. ET, Fri., Sept. 19, 2008
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26787984/
    --------------
    Bush confident on bipartisan financial rescue bill
    Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15am EDT http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE48M78O20080923
    ------------------------------
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- On the day of the first public discussion between lawmakers and the administration about the Treasury's $700 billion financial rescue proposal, the debate is being framed by a few key issues. By Jeanne Sahadi, CNNMoney.com senior writer Last Updated: September 23, 2008: 7:44 AM EDT
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/news/economy/bailout_proposal_Monday/index.htm?eref=rss_topstories
    ---------------
    US Treasury holds sway over $US700bn rescue bill Wall Street Journal | September 29, 2008
    THE Bush administration and congressional leaders agreed on a deal to authorise the biggest banking rescue in US history.
    ----------------
    House Debates $700 Billion Financial Rescue Proposal (Update3)
    Bloomberg - Sep 29, 2008
    Representative Chris Van Hollen, a Maryland Democrat, told cable channel CNBC he ``can't be 100 percent confident'' the rescue bill will pass. ...
    --------------------
    Rescue bill revealed
    CNNMoney.com - Sep 28, 2008
    ... much as $700 billion in a far-reaching plan to rescue the nation's troubled financial system, according to a draft of the proposed bill obtained by CNN. ...
    ======

    Using Olbylogic, it's clear as Crystal that Sen. McCain is actually getting his talking points from MSNBAMA via the Pony Expresssss.

    Another hour long Obama Campaign attack ad interspersed with Obama Campaign attack ads


    Aha! I've always suspected you didn't have very good reasons for voting for McCain. Thanks for admitting it. I can assure you that I have far more consequential reasons than that for voting for Obama.

    by mikeh

    Aha! I always knew you were a coward!

    Johnny,

    I think the problem with interest in doing the recaps is that it's just gotten too annoying to watch Countdown right now.

    It's like watching an hour long political campaign ad. Predictable, exasperating, tedious.

    Maybe Bob could get some interest by doing some sort of contest in which posters guess the content of the show based upon the guest list.

    Until the election is over and there's some semblance of something other than campaigning for Obama all the time on Countdown, that may be the only way there's any interest in Olbermann's campaign advertisement of a show.

    I agree with Cecelia . . . Olberass has worked himself himself into a stupefying rut. He's just way too predictable for my tastes. So, he's off my screen (literally and figuratively), until after the election.
    One other thought . . . what will Olbermann and Maher do if and when Obama wins? How much good news and cheer can Olbyass compress into just one hour? Who will Maher make his whole show about then?

    Olby Sucks: "I always knew you were a coward!"

    Aside from simply acting like the vacuous jerk you always have been, you failed to articulate exactly what it was about my post that made you say something THAT inane?

    You always have been, and always will be one of best arguments I can think of for any undecided voters who happen to be reading this blog to break for Obama.

    Thanks!

    By MikeH on "I always knew you were a coward!"
    You always have been, and always will be one of best arguments I can think of for any undecided voters who happen to be reading this blog to break for Obama.

    That's the problem with you MikeyH, you're an undecided, halfwit that can never come up with anything relevant. Furthermore, I suppose that MikeyH thinks the world of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters and the rest of the Idiot Morons out there. Just these 3 that I have listed need to risign or be thrown out as soon as possible. But i'm sure MikeyH thinks that they've done a fine job and that their oversight was minimal. LOL
    Yeah MikeyH, just another reason to vote McCain / Palin this November.

    mikeh, I referred to you as a coward because you selectively respond to posts directed to you. You like to pick one little snippet out of posts while injecting the "gotcha" response. Avoiding substance like the plague. Just our daily dose of hypocrisy brought to us by mikeh.

    I agree with Ceceilia also. Watching CD is painful and hazardous to my health. It raises my blood pressure, and I lean to the left. It's like having to spend a hour with your most annoying relative at the family reunion.

    I miss the recaps so I'll try to contribute when I have the strength but he is irritating and disturbing. I know I can only stomach one segment. Sometimes I want to duck because I feel like he's spitting at me thru the camera. And why is he yelling?

    Olby Sucks: "mikeh, I referred to you as a coward because you selectively respond to posts directed to you."

    Well, I'll start by ignoring the very laughable hypocrisy of someone calling someone else a "coward" while hiding behind a computer screen on an anonymous blog......and then I will follow by pointing your utter hypocrisy of stating that I only respond "selectively" to posts when your OWN MO has never been anything BUT selectively responding to 'snipets'.

    I've never been afraid to debate anyone about anything on this blog, and you damned well know it.....However, I've YET to see YOU actually debate anyone about anything.

    Then you continue with your nonsense that I responded to a post 'directed to me', when the post in question WASN'T directed to me at all.

    Finally, you entirely missed the fact that my post was intended to be a light hearted and funny response to another post that I don't believe was particularely serious in nature either. Apparently, simpletons like yourself need your own personal laugh track before you can decide whether a comment is intended simply as sarcastic humor or not.

    SoCalRightest: "Thats the problem with you MikeyH, you're an undecided halfwit that can never come up with anything relevant."

    LOL.....This is HILLARIOUS coming from someone who can't and hasn't yet articulated a coherent argument stating WHY you believe what you believe. Instead you load your posts with petty personal insults and then you go away thinking you've actually said something.

    That said, I'd like you to show me where I'm "undecided" about anything I have posted here. Yes, there are certainly some things that I see nuance in, but I tend not to comment about those things on this blog.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SoCalRightest: "Furthermore, I think MikeyH thinks the world of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and the rest of the idiot morons out there."

    Actually, I have mixed feelings about all them, but I generally respect Chris Dodd....and Barney Frank to a lesser extent. Conversely, I doubt if you could come up with any "relevant" criticism of any of them without attacking Barney's lisp, or calling them morons in place of making a coherent case as to WHY these folks are "Idiot morons".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What you haven't learned yet is; 1) Calling people stupid names like "morons" and "idiots" is NOT an argument. It only tends to make YOU look like the idiot. 2) - Mutilating an ideological opponents name (like "mikeyH") does NOT score you any points. It only makes YOU look childish and petty. 3) - A rant full of angry and insulting words on a blog not backed up with factual information is NOT an argument, ...... yet that seems to be about all you do on here.

    SoCalRightist, you already have a history of substituing insults and miplaced anger for facts on this blog, and yet you continue to make yourself look foolish on this blog for reasons that elude me.....but hey, keep it up....our side needs all the help we can get!

    I actually took your initial post stating that the potential death of both Obama and Biden is the 'best reason you can think of to vote for McCain/Palin'. A joke is certainly what a post like that SHOULD have been....since the odds of both the President and the VP dying at the same time is both unprecidented and unlikely to the point the odds would be microscopic.....Therefore, if that really is the "best" reason you have for voting for McCain, then you have some pretty pathetic reasons for your choice.

    You should have just left that thought as the joke I thought it was!

    You guys are hopeless. This is the best you could come up with? The anti- Bill O'Reilly sites are laughing at you. It'd be easier just to make fun of the color of his tie.

    And its coming down to "guess[ing] the content of the show based upon the guest list". Olbermann-watch indeed.

    You guys need to try harder.

    Yes all five of you.

    MikeH: (you)LOL.....This is HILLARIOUS coming from someone who can't and hasn't yet articulated a coherent argument stating WHY you believe what you believe.
    (me) Actually I have mike, you just can't take it when some of us throw it (the facts)back in your face.
    (you) Actually, I have mixed feelings about all them, but I generally respect Chris Dodd....and Barney Frank to a lesser extent.
    (me) After all this mess that Frank and Dodd and Waters and company have said over the years about how good Fannie and Freddy have been about giving loans to people that they knew could not have possible made their payments on, MikeH, where is your logic here? This is a prime example of why I use the words Moron and Idiot, because that is exactly what they are so live with it.
    (you)What you haven't learned yet is; 1) Calling people stupid names like "morons" and "idiots" is NOT an argument. It only tends to make YOU look like the idiot. A rant full of angry and insulting words on a blog not backed up with factual information is NOT an argument. you already have a history of substituing insults and miplaced anger for facts on this blog.
    (me) No, I don't look at it that way, I never meant it to be an argument but a jesture stating my opposition to that person, so again if you can't handle it, leave. And as for factual info, that is all I have ever given to this blog unlike your info that is the farthest from the factual truth being that you get your facts from IDIOTS like Olbermann.
    (you) I actually took your initial post stating that the potential death of both Obama and Biden is the 'best reason you can think of to vote for McCain/Palin'. A joke is certainly what a post like that SHOULD have been....since the odds of both the President and the VP dying at the same time is both unprecidented and unlikely to the point the odds would be microscopic.....Therefore, if that really is the "best" reason you have for voting for McCain, then you have some pretty pathetic reasons for your choice. You should have just left that thought as the joke I thought it was!
    (me) I did leave it at the initial joke that it was, you are the one that blew it WAY out of context so don't go there with your lame hyperbolic mentality with me, it just makes you look that much more of an olbyloon by not taking it in stride that it was initially "just a joke".
    Overall MikeH, I say what is on my mind without overstating myself, unlike you who never backs up his comments with the REAL FACTS from various news sources. From what I have read from your posts here, almost all of your STUFF is from lefty news sites or what you have heard on Countdown with bathtub boy. Most of the people here have shot you down numerous times and I give you credit for getting right back up and continuing your speal. What we are trying to do here is wake you up to the realization that some in your party are bringing this country down and to fix the problem is NOT going to be an overnight thing. Again, I want to state that BUSH has not lived up to my standards and that I feel his seat in office hass expired. We all want CHANGE, but the right kind of change. I for one do not want a socialist running my country, do you? Because that is exactly what Obama brings to the table. On the otherhand, we have McCain, not one of my choices this time around but the only consequence I have. If there were only someone like Reagan then I would be happy.

    SOCalRightist, you need to get off of your condescending and rather ridiculous assumption that I am somehow the one who needs to be 'awakened'. The evidence is to the contrary and the preponderance of FACTS are on MY side. That said, you are never going to wake anyone up by calling them names and making condescending remarks.

    I've spent 57 years developing an ideology and worldview that USED to be far more conservative than it is now. I come from a military family and also served myself. I have been to and lived in a number of countries and come from a family that is still largely culterally conservative to an extreme.....I'm tired of close-mindedness, so no, you aren't going to "wake" anybody up, least of all me, so cut the arrogance please.

    You sound extremely shrill with your assertions that this mess was somehow exclusively caused by some Democrats support of some Fannie and Freddie excesses. It's as if you REALLY believe that the blame doesn't lie in many places and only started with them. You seem so willing to ignor evidence that far more blame lies with a culture of deregulation, coupled with the attitude that greedily gaming the markets could somehow solve all of our problems. That attitude has got to go, and the end result will be anything but "socialism".

    You insist on using such emotionally charged terms as "socialism" to describe necessary oversight even as you witness the predictable overheating and destruction of an economy driven by speculation rather than substance and production. We live in a country that has allowed itself to become riddled with debt of every kind in the pursuit of short term gain, and yet you seem to deny that this massive debt has a major hand in where we have arrived.

    You invoked the name Reagan (whom I actually liked), while ignoring the FACT that his policies ultimately FAILED on three major fronts that have directly led to many of today's problems:

    1) - DEREGULATON: It started with Reagan, and this is where it has led. Free markets are fine, but they cannot be allowed to run totally free and be driven exclusively by personal greed and speculation. We now see the result of having let that happen. One thing I decry is how ethics went out the window years ago. Winning has become everything. The end justifies the means. What a shame, and how un-American!

    2) - IMMIGRATION: Reagan is the one who gave the first wave of amnesty back in the 1980s, without simultaineously securing the borders. So why are we surprised that the next wave followed and expected the same treatment?

    3) - TERRORISM: Reagan is the one who responded to the terrorist attack on the marine barracks in Lebanon by withdrawing. Yes, REAGAN was the original 'cut and runner', and OBL has been quoted as having been emboldened by that.

    In addition, Reagan is the one who began promoting personal selfishness over selflessness with his "Are you better off than you were four years ago" mantra, ...... which was exactly the opposite of the famous "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" mantra by the great John F. Kennedy.

    Yes SoCal, I want to return to the selfless America I remember and get away from the selfish one that has replaced it over the last decade or so, mostly driven by the Republicans promotion of personal greed as if it were some kind of a badge of honor. I have personally seethed with anger EVERY time I read about yet another CEO bailing out with a huge golden parachute after running their company in the ground. Conservatives and republicans always looked the other way, and even defended such practices, while pretending that we the people were not somehow paying the bill for it. A return to a more selfless national ideology would be the ultimate manifestation of patriotism in my view and that may be the only good thing to come out of this.

    Reagan indeed!

    I want everyone to watch this video.
    It was just sent to me from the left coast.
    MikeH, I want you to pay extra attention to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU6fuFrdCJY

    In Monday's Media Matters Minute, Worse was Barack Obama. Wait. What?!!! Don't get too excited. Obama accidentally said he and Michelle had been married for 15 years. So, Keith Obamamann rushed in with a correction: "16 years, my master." (I added "my master.") The rest was leftovers from Friday's FNC debate coverage: Worser was Sean Hannity (with an ancillary Dick Morris attack). Worst was Karl Rove.
    Tuesday's Media Matters Minute featured O'Reilly Attack #513.

    "MikeH, I want you to pay extra special attention to it."

    I watched it SoCal, and I'm not at all surprised you were impressed by it given your previously stated opinions. You've already made it pretty clear you think this was all a one trick pony caused by a single collective villian wearing a black hat. I used have such simplistic beliefs myself.

    That said, you might try addressing my fact filled post above instead of directing me to partisan and opinionated videos chock full of half truths and omitted information.

    MikeH, There's just no help for your cause. As for addressing your so called fact filled posts, when you can come up with REAL and Truthful Facts, let me know. You're not even close.

    In Tuesday's Media Matters Minute, Worse was two robbers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Nah.
    Worser was O'Reilly Attack #513. Contrary to what I assumed in the recap of Wednesday's Minute, this attack had nothing to do with the Media Matters smear of what he said about Women's Privacy in Monday's Reality Check. Instead, we got another "Bold Fresh" besmirching. Blue blog source: Portfolio. http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/mixed-media/2008/09/26/bill-oreilly-still-mad-about-seinfeld-finale
    "Runner-up, Billo the Clown [Ding!]. His new book, 'A Large Steaming Piece of...' I'm sorry." The 8th grade staff laughed. "...'A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity.' Part of it is devoted to the final episode of his favorite sitcom 'Seinfeld.' He thought the last show was lame."
    This means another Mike C. prediction was correct. Last Friday at Johnny Dollar's Place, I said this after reading the Jeff Bercovici drive-by:
    http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/blog/lpf244100095.html
    http://www.haloscan.com/comments/johnnydollar/lpf244100095/#258157
    *Re: "'Bold, Fresh' mini-review": More WPitW fodder for Keith "Man on Fan" Olbermann.*
    After another Ted Baxter overdramatization, we got: "A-hem! The two episodes of 'Seinfeld' before the two-part finale of 'Seinfeld' were in fact a clip show called...'The Clip Show'! Way to knock it out of the park, Slugger. Besides, I always thought Billo's [Ding!] favorite sitcom was 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' because..." Oh, no. Don't tell me he's going to refer to... "...of (Baxter voice): that great anchor guy!" Yes, he made the Ted Baxter comparison.
    Worst was Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minnesota). Blue blog source: Think Propaganda. http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/26/bachmann-ellison-economy/
    "...the right-wing [Ding!] publication, 'Investor's Business Daily.'" Rev. Jeremiah A. Olbermahn, Jr. went on to play the race card in the same exact way he did with Neil Cavuto.
    After reading what TProg gave him, the Rev said, with gotcha paper in hand: "In other words, Congresswoman Bachmann blamed the meltdown on blacks and other minorities. In other words, Congresswoman Bachmann...is a racist!" With indignation in place of bombast, he finished with: "Congresswoman Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, today's Worst Person in the World!"
    Okay, I'm all caught up.

    Leave a new comment