Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    September 17, 2008
    That's Not an "Elephant in the Room." It's Just Jack Cafferty's Enormous Capacity for Gas-Baggery.

    The Oracle -- interpreter and translator for Chris Matthews' Leg--has grown accustomed to hearing lefty blowhards spout nonsense analysis and bogus political theorums. After all, consistent proximity to Keith Olbermann provides a steady diet of passionate malarkey.

    But yesterday's blog post by CNN's Jack Cafferty was absurd enough to peg the needle on even The Oracle's jaded Gas-o-meter. In it, Cafferty claims to have discovered why the race for the presidency is currently so darned close.

    Echoing what seems to be the new official talking point -- it's Racism!

    Cafferty wrote:

    Race is arguably the biggest issue in this election, and it's one that nobody's talking about. The differences between Barack Obama and John McCain couldn't be more well-defined. Obama wants to change Washington. McCain is a part of Washington and a part of the Bush legacy. Yet the polls remain close. Doesn't make sense...unless it's race. Time magazine's Michael Grunwald says race is the elephant in the room.

    The Oracle is still working through the logic on this one: "Let's see. In 2000, in a race between a white liberal and white conservative, the nation was evenly split. In 2004, again a race between a white liberal and white conservative, the electorate was again divided 50-50. So now that the race is between a black liberal and a white conservative and the polls are once again showing a roughly tied race, the elephant-in-the-room explanation is racism? Really?"

    The Oracle suspects that the real elephant in the room is the truth that desperation to swing this election is driving guys like Cafferty and Olbermann to become ridiculous parodies of their already ridiculous selves.

    Update: Hot Air has moving pictures of the gas-baggery.

    As cross-posted on Chris Matthews' Leg.


    Posted by Chris Matthews' Leg | Permalink | Comments (42) | | View blog reactions

    42 Comments

    Caffferty is a freaking moron. Guess it didn't bother him when Fatass and Matthews were playing the sexist card. Guess it didn't bother His Highness either. At the end of the day Obama will lose because inside the bun of Hope and Change there is no beef.

    Jack Cafferty is a Jack-ass
    A blowhard that shows little class
    The Cafferty File
    Is a moonbat crap pile
    And Jack's an angry bag of gas

    Finally I have to agree with useless Jack. There IS an elephant in the room and he's black. With 95% of the blacks voting for obama how could anyone think otherwise?

    "There is an elephant in the room and he's black."

    I was wondering where that elephant went?

    And I thought it was just John McCain hiding in a donkey suit!

    Hilarious. Good night, everybody! Drive safely.
    This was a good cross-post, CML. Thanks. I still can't believe I liked this guy when he was at Channels 4 and 11 here in New York. What the hell happened since?

    Cafferty is the Olbermann of CNN but without the twiching and deranged head movements. The world could use a Caffertywatch but I don't think most people even know who Cafferty is.

    Cafferty is such an intellectual lightweight. Every time I see him give one of his snide lefty comments, I'm amazed CNN would hire such a talentless hack. Why is it so hard for liberals to understand that conservatives, as a rule, don't vote for liberals, regardless of their skin color? It's a simple concept. If Colin Powell were running for President he would get my vote and, I believe, that of most conservatives. If he were running against, say, Hillary Clinton, I imagine most liberals would vote for her. Would that make them racist? I agree with the Factor that Cafferty is CNN's Olbermann, but less orange and without the birthing hips.

    What? Obama's black?!!!

    The only picture I ever saw of his family was his Mom and she's white. Are you guys sure?

    Cafferty is just another nut job that doesn’t belong in a news organization.

    Race will be a factor but you can’t do a thing about it.
    Obama can’t and won’t change the color of his skin.
    Nor will Obama go against what he stands for and blame race for the close polls.

    How about age? That will be a factor too.
    Olberman and Maddow remind their tiny minded viewers every night of how old McCain is, how Palin is a heart beat away, and because of McCain’s age, he’ll only be a one term president.

    Cafferty is wrong, they are talking about race and age and no one including him, is taking about the issues.

    Cafferty says “The differences between Barack Obama and John McCain couldn't be more well-defined. Obama wants to change Washington. McCain is a part of Washington and a part of the Bush legacy.”

    But doesn’t explain how Obama will change Washington and just because you have been a part of Washington doesn’t mean you want to keep it as is. I’m sure McCain doesn’t.

    So keep taking about race Cafferty and keep taking about age Keith and just ignore the issues.
    Hopefully audiences will ignore you too.

    Cafferty gives us curmudgeons a bad name.

    10th Cavalry
    "Obama will lose because inside the bun of Hope and Change there is no beef."

    Doncha just luv a nicely turned phrase?

    Way to go 10th!


    Joe: "Olbermann and Maddow remond their tiny minded vieers every night of how old McCain is, how Palin is a heart beat away."......And how about telling us again why they shouldn't? Is either statement untrue? Wouldn't McCain be the oldest president ever? Wouldn't Palin become president in the event of his demise? Didn't McCain make a big deal about experience and then turn around pick Palin?.......While you're addressing those questions, how about educating us exactly what makes YOU such a 'large minded viewer'?

    Joe: "But doesn't explain how Obama will change Washington and just because you have been a part of Washington doesn't mean you want to keep it as is. I'm sure McCain doesn't"......Nor it does it explain how so many rabid supporters of the Bush administration (McCain included) have suddenly decided to run against themselves?

    In an attempt to clear things up, I offer the following:

    Sen. Obama is not white. His father was African (Kenya).

    Sen. McCain is very white and in his 70's.

    Gov. Palin is a woman, and if I may be allowed to editorialize, an attractive woman.

    As someone who has been paying a little attention to the presidential campaigns and the media's coverage, I believe the folks who have been talking about race or age or gender are Sen. Obama, the Obama campaign, elected democrats, democratic "operatives" and certain members of the media.

    I don't recall their counter-parts bringing up those issues.

    Obviously I'm mistaken.

    Ramjet: "I believe the folks who have been talking about race or age or gender are Sen. Obama, the Obama campaign, elected democrats, democratic "operatives" and certain members of the media.".............Or maybe more like one or two examples of the above by one or two examples of the above.

    Ramjet: "Obviously I'm mistaken"........Obviously you are!........but seriously, why would McCain or any of his surrogates want to talk about age, or race, or gender.....when they have a nearly 73 year old candidate who just picked an inexperienced and unknowlegable young woman as a back-up for everyone to see.....after arguing for so long how critical experience is? ...... And bringing up race would certainly be a losing move for anyone close to either campaign.

    "Or maybe more like one or two examples of the above by one or two examples of the above."
    By MikeH on September 18, 2008 3:27 PM

    Shirley, you jest.

    "...but seriously, why would McCain or any of his surrogates want to talk about age, or race, or gender..."

    Yea, since it's agism, racism and sexism, why would they talk about it?

    And are you saying experience is related to gender? Or to the age of someone who is close to Sen. Obama's age?

    GMAFB!

    One man's inexperienced candidate is another's outsider ready to shake things up.....

    Ideology seems to be what guides people's tolerance for inexperience.

    The difference between the two tickets is the less experienced, unprepared candidate is on the top of one, while the less experienced candidate on the other is BACKING UP a vibrant 73 year old man you runs 12-14 hour days on a campaign trail, has medical records that show he is in generally good health and has survived melanoma induced from his years baking in the hot sun while being held captive and tortured by the leftist North Vietnamese.

    As I asked before, why did SNOBamessiah choose the 3 decade serving Grandpa Biden (who voted for the Iraq War and has been an ICON in official Washington Democratic Party Leadership) if his campaign is representing HOPE and CHANGE?

    As usual, the toughies are left unanswered.

    It's ok to ASSUME a problem with the ticket that has the bottom rung green and young. What logic!

    Ramjet "And are you saying experience is related to gender?".....Um NO!.....No wonder you get it wrong so often when you don't even understand what has already been articulated quite clearly."

    My criticism on the experience issue was nothing other than the utter hypocrisy of the McCain campaign chastising the lack of experience of their opponent and then pciking someone even less experienced in National and International affairs....But I think you knew that!

    Why is there only hypocrisy on the experience issue and not about the change issue?

    One would think that Obama, after attacking McCain on all his years in Washington being unable to change it, would be acting hypocritically in picking. as his VP, another Senator who has been in Washington even longer than McCain AND has been a very powerful Senator during times the Democratic Party held majorities in both houses of Congress......

    Ah, hypocrisy arguments could go back and forth allllllll day long. couldn't they?

    Just like the lies in ads argument, who's the worse liar, whose more negative.....etc.....

    The one argument the left cannot win is that Obama promised to be a new kind of pol.....That is one that no one can now defend him on! He lies, baits, panders, runs negative AND is hypocritical just like the rest! VERO POSSUMUS!

    Cee; "As usual, the toughies are left unsnswered"

    You're lying again as usual Cee.....I already answered that question once. I SAID that I was personally disappointed in the Biden choice, mainly because of some of his previous stances. Why is it neccessary to keep repeating answers to you?

    And speaking of unanswered questions, why do you keep using a third grade level moniker like "SNOBamessiah" to refer to an honorable presidential nominee of a major party?

    Every time I start to think you've started to grow up a just a little, you set me straight again pretty quickly.

    And speaking of childish slogans: "DRILL BABY DRILL"........"DRILL BABY DRILL"........"DRILL BABY DRILL"........"DRILL BABY DRILL"!....................LOL!

    "The one argument the left cannot win is that Obama promised to be a new kind of pol"........No, you're probably right, because nobody really cares who started the fight, just who ended up participating........but WE both know who went negative first.

    However, it appears that McCain went just a little bit TOO negative with his "lipstick" and "sex education" lies. I also can't help but shake my head in amazement the way Palin kept repeating that "Bridge to Nowhere lie" (with McCain's full blessing), even after the truth had been discovered and fully exposed.

    BTW, the Palin bubble is officially over.....in case you've been afraid of looking at the latest polls?

    "Um NO!.....No wonder you get it wrong so often when you don't even understand what has already been articulated quite clearly." MikeyH

    Yep, "articulated qyite clearly."

    "...when they have a nearly 73 year old candidate who just picked an inexperienced and unknowlegable young woman as a back-up for everyone to see....."MikeyH

    "... 73 year old candidate..." AGISM!

    "...inexperienced and unknowlegable young woman..." SEXISM, AGE DISCRIMINATION, on the "young" adjective! Why not say "inexperienced and unknowlegable VY candidate?"

    Listen up, airhead. I asked a couple questions: "And are you saying experience is related to gender? Or to the age of someone who is close to Sen. Obama's age?"

    Just how in the hell can that possibly be construed as being often wrong and failing to understand anything?

    You are pitiful!

    MikeH :
    “Wouldn't McCain be the oldest president ever? Wouldn't Palin become president in the event of his demise? Didn't McCain make a big deal about experience and then turn around pick Palin?.......While you're addressing those questions, how about educating us exactly what makes YOU such a 'large minded viewer'?”

    For one thing MikeH, because it’s age discrimination and it’s not issues that concern us American’s. The economy, the Iraq war, housing, college cost etc… but not McCain’s age.
    That shouldn’t be an issue, it’s who can do the best job, and that’s why you don’t here Obama speaking of McCain’s age.

    Wouldn’t Joe Binden be president if Obama dies?
    Joe Biden a man who finished a distant 4th in his party’s race. Not 2nd or 3rd but 4th.
    Apparently the democrats don’t think he would make a good running mate either.

    What makes me a large minded viewer? Another easy question. I don’t watch Keith Olberman.


    Not all republicans agree with everything Bush has done, just like not all Democrats agree with Obama.
    You can’t paint the world black or white, there are many grays areas MikeH.

    Joe: "For one thing MikeH, because it's age discrimination and it's not issues that concern us American's."......I beg your pardon, but it very much DOES concern me that this man has a significantly higher statistical chance of becoming unable to perform his duties than a younger person. It then makes it that much MORE important who the back up is.......Also, talking about a candidates age because of legitimate statistical mortality reasons is anything BUT "age discrimination"...............Try again Joe!

    Joe: "You can't paint the orld black or white, there are many gray areas MikeH."........Yes I'm well aware of that Joe. That is EXACTLY what I've been telling hard core republicans for years. And nuance is exactly what the democrats are about. So why is it only now that the republicans suddenly want to run against themselves along with some of the issues they used to swear they believed in?

    Yes Joe, Obama has too much class to bring up McCain's age, but that doesn't mean that I can't consider it.....especially since he picked such an unknowlegable candidate as a back-up.

    "Joe: "Not all republicans agree ith everything Bush has done."......Maybe not, but they sure as hell used to defend him like angry pitt bulls on this very blog.

    Sorry Joe, but you republicans just can't run against yourselves......That dog won't hunt!.......Can it?

    And finally Joe, if you think refusing to watch a particular commentator somehow makes you "large minded", your grasp of "grey areas" is a lot weaker than you think.

    "...inexperienced and unknowlegable young woman..."

    became

    "...unknowlegable candidate...."

    I see you took my advice, even though said about me, "No wonder you get it wrong so often when you don't even understand what has already been articulated quite clearly."

    Evidently, I must get it right once in a blue moon.

    Mike H...And finally Joe, if you think refusing to watch a particular commentator somehow makes you "large minded", your grasp of "grey areas" is a lot weaker than you think.


    In Mike's world, any American who refused to listen to Mata Hari would then be considered closed minded.

    Yeah, and I finally watched one of your boys "Special Comments" and all I can say is T M Mike. T M.

    Trashing an American hero with lies on top of lies, and God be damned if that whole "comment" wasn't all to do about diminishing everything that this Viet Nam hero is about.

    T M Mike...T M...

    Ramjet: "Just how in the hell can that be conscrued as being often wrong and filing to understand anything."..........& .......... Listen up, airhead"

    LOL!......................Whoa....down boy!.....cool your jets!

    Now I'll explain it to you (again):

    My reference was ENTIRELY related to the HYPOCRISY of McCain's picking an inexperienced VP as a back up after railing for months about how important HE thinks experience is.....Now think about it before responding Ramjet.....it's really not all that difficult!

    - Yes Ramjet, "young" relates to "inexperience". Do you REALLY have a problem with that?

    - I called her a "young woman" because she IS a young woman. Do you REALLY have a problem with that? Or have republicans suddenly developed a new attachment to politically correct speech?

    - And I explained the so called "AGISM" pretty clearly in my last post above.

    - I noticed you didn't take exception to the "unknowledgable" part....Good choice!

    AIRHEAD! ...... Got a mirror Ramjet? ....................................LOL!

    You can beg my Pardon all you want MikeH.

    When you are taking about an athlete’s age, that is a factor but not when it comes to the president. That is age discrimination just like talking about Obama’s color is. You can’t have it both ways.

    But you want to focus on age and not issues go right ahead, your loss. You’re the reason they focus on color and not issues.

    “Sorry Joe, but you republicans just can't run against yourselves......That dog won't hunt!.......Can it?”

    MikeH that statement shows how little you know and how little you read.
    I’m voting for Obama and have voted a democrat the last 7 elections.

    But continue to focus on your repetitive incoherent comebacks.

    There is nothing complicated or gray about Olberman MikeH, he gives demarcates a bad name and is an insult to journalism.

    Watch him if you must, but now I understand why you think McCain’s age and not his message is so important.
    It’s the same reason people think Obama’s skin color is an issue

    Wolverine: "In Mike's world, any American who refused to listen to Mata Hari would be considered closed minded.".......But I didn't call anyone "closed minded". But your ideological buddy DID call KO watchers "tiny minded".

    Wolverine: "Trashing an American hero with lies on top of lies"......What "lies" were those Wolverine?

    Since you're so sensitive to trashing a Vietnam War Hero, Where was your outrage about this during the "Swift Boat" debacle?

    And finally Wolverine, I haven't seen ANYONE in the media trash John McCain's war record......But if you are naive enough to think that should shield him from everything else....well, I won't say it.

    "Got a mirror Ramjet?" - MikeH

    Yep, rear view and your ass is in it?

    This is the full context of your egregious remarks:

    By MikeH on September 18, 2008 3:27 PM

    Ramjet: "I believe the folks who have been talking about race or age or gender are Sen. Obama, the Obama campaign, elected democrats, democratic "operatives" and certain members of the media."

    Ramjet: "Obviously I'm mistaken"........Obviously you are!........but seriously, why would McCain or any of his surrogates want to talk about age, or race, or gender.....when they have a nearly 73 year old candidate who just picked an inexperienced and unknowlegable young woman as a back-up for everyone to see.....after arguing for so long how critical experience is? ...... And bringing up race would certainly be a losing move for anyone close to either campaign.
    ==============

    Now, explain it to me again, you lying, misrepresenting, distorting sack of "I'm NEVER wrong!" baloney.

    PS- I do take exception to your opinion that Gov. Palin is "unknowledgable," but wrong opinions are one of your staples. Deprived of that, you'd be left with nothing more than your bigotry, and we know how unarmed that would leave you.

    Joe: "Watch him if you must, but now I understand why you think McCain's age and not his message is so important."

    No you don't! The reason you don't is you've completely ignored my entire argument on the matter. If you want to refute my point, you're going to have to do a little better than simply saying that it is "age discrimination".

    So once again, I AM against McCain on the issues, NOT his age. But I am against Palin even more because she has demonstrated that she knows virtually NOTHING about National Security or Constitutional issues. Therefore, for me, McCain's age became an issue ONLY after McCain chose Palin.

    Get it yet Joe?

    What lies he asks? Where do I start where it relates to this anti-American. Okay, I'll just stick to his T M "special comment" debacle.

    Now Mr. McCain since you have a plan to catch Osama Bin Laden, but won't share it with the rest of us until AFTER you are elected that would make you as bad as the terrorists themselves.

    Now where in the hell did McCain EVER say that he HAD a plan NOW to catch him? I never heard him say that. The anti-American never heard it either, but it was good enough for the modern day Mata Hari to LIE that he did hear it, and then take it further by equating him to the terrorists.

    Please Mike, you said I should watch him first to get the whole truth about him, and my GOD he proved everything I ever said about him. He's a lying anti-American Mata Hari, but I'm sure you'll defend him once again which makes you equal to him. No different, because what he said that night for 4 minutes was the worst anti-American speech I have ever heard from someone who claims he's American.

    Ramjet: "No explain it to me again, you lying, misprepresenting, distorting sack of "I'm NEVER wrong!" baloney."

    You sound really cute when you're angry Ramjet. But be carefull and don't have a stroke on me....this stuff just isn't worth it.

    Now Ramjet, do I REALLY have to break down every comment I made above (yes - in perfect context) so that even YOU can understand what I mean't?

    I said exactly what a mean't. And I said exactly what I explained it mean't (twice, no less). Yet you STILL seem incapable of understanding a simple construction of words without having it broken down and individually outlined for you.

    By YOUR logic, I'll bet you actually think Obama called Palin a "pig" too?

    I’ve ignored your argument because it doesn’t make sense. You say his age isn’t a factor then turn around and say it is. I call how it is, and its discrimination.

    MikeH if somebody brought up Obama’s skin color then you would have no problem in yelling racism.

    But because you are a die-hard democrat, your point is McCain’s age is fair game. And that’s your point.

    MikeH maybe you know something the rest of don’t about McCain’s health. Then again, you probably don’t.

    And if you want to refute my point you’re going to post 100 more times.

    MikeH be honest with us, you don’t watch Olberman, because if you did, you wouldn’t be able to post here 100 times a night, right in the middle of his show.

    Actually Wolverine, I actually agree that the paricular special comment quote you chose was a little over-the-top and somewhat uncalled for.....but, on the other hand....we both know where he got it from. He didn't just dream it up ("I know how to catch Bin Laden"). I don't personally agree with KO's interpretation of that comment, but McCain DID make the comment.

    So congratulations, you managed to pick ONE comment he made that I really wish he had not made, but I'm already on record as saying that I think KO's "special comment" series has outlived it's usefulness.

    BT, I don't think you're winning over anyone with your absurd and ridiculous "Mata Hari" comments you're so fond of using. It kind of makes me picture you as someone intollerant of anyone else's point of view.

    Joe: "I've ignored your argument because it doesn't make sense. You say his age isn't a factor then turn around and say it is."

    No I didn't! Please go back and read ALL my posts on this subjecvt and try again. You are completely missing or ignoring how Palin ties into the age issue .... which is the very BASIS of the argument I was making.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Joe: "MikeH if somebody brought up Obama's skin color then you would have no problem yelling racism."

    Don't look now Joe, but pleny of people on both sides HAVE brought up Obama's skin color, but doing so is probably a losing strategy for EITHER side.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe: "But because you are a die-hard democrat, your point is McCain's age is fair game. And that's your point.".

    Please revie comment #1, but don't forget to add Palin into the equation this time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe: "MikeH maybe you kno something the rest of us don't about McCain's health. Then again, you probably don't."......NO, all I know is he would be 73 when inaugurated, and 73 is only 2 - 4 years short of the statistical average life span for a white male in America. I also know about that friend of mine who was in perfect health at 72 last year, but is no longer with us this year.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Joe: "MikeH be honest with us, you don't watch Olbermann, because if you did, you wouldn't be able to post here 100 times a night, right in the middle of his show."

    Well aside from the fact that I DON'T post here "100 times a night".....in fact, most nights, I don't post here at all.......I am perfectly capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time.

    I don't want to pour fuel on the fire here, but I would like to relate some realities that somehow aren't understood in this experience thing, especially in the Foreign Policy thing. For starters, I will focus on Biden.

    He is a lawyer I understand and clearly a career politician. He only knows D.C. The sum of his foreign policy experience is the numerous junkets over the years. He has been to Iraq a lot. But understand what that means.

    All these same kind of guys used to come to Vietnam. They would huddle inside Camp LBJ with Westy and his guys. They would get the standard politician briefing prepared well ahead of time and taken out of the can. No way were they going to get any kind of "inside information". They were not part of any chain of command and had no right or need to know. That is just the way the process works. Maybe there would be a staff guy here or there that had a hard on for Westy (which would have been well deserved) or LBJ, or later Tricky Dick and give a nuggett or two out, but basically these guys were hearing what the reporters were hearing. None of them would get out of the safety net in Saigon and get into the field and find out what was really going on. Hell Westy wouldn't even do it. The closest he would get to a firefight was a Division Base Camp. Whatever Biden knows, it is more from the osmosis of being in the center of power for 30 years. I would say an adaptation of an old saying would fit him well. Those that can, DO. Those that can't, sit on the Foreign Relations Committtee.

    Obama basically has no more experience than Sarah and about the same, or less, than Slick Willy did when he got elected. Now the great Obama went to Iraq and got the same canned thing. You can't go there for 2 or 3 days of what?, a 6 year war, and sit in the Green Zone and break bread with the heavy hitters there and all of a sudden you are an expert on the issues over there. No way. Beyond that, you can tour around to the other countries and it looks cool, but what can happen in a first 1 or 2 hour meeting with a head of state of another country. Nada. Just a little sucking up to each other in case he wins.

    I heard Colin Powell give a speech one time after he left the Bush bunch. It was powerful. He was very blunt. He said everytime something goes wrong in the World, the French, the Germans, the everybody else, is calling Uncle Sugar in D.C. and saying well what are you guys going to do about this? You Americans have to handle this. And, oh by the way don't expect any help from us but we will be right there to provide criticism and second guessing about how you did it.

    Where Bush screwed up is they didn't understand that all those countries can drag us into a bunch of messes solving problems they don't want to deal with. We would have been busy enough militarily. We didn't need to start a mess of our own.

    If you think Biden or Obama understands all this stuff, you could be right, but I doubt it. Also, I think Biden as a person is kind of a parallel to Bush. He is just itching to prove he is a man somewhere. If he gets his chance to push it he will. Like Bush was a war avoider, Biden was a draft dodger. Those kind of guys can't wait to get behind the wheel and show the world they really are real men.

    McCain suffered enough in messes like this. He will remember that and think about it. Will it be enough to keep him from doing something careless. I don't know for sure but would rather bet on him than the other two. If he croaks and Sarah gets in there, it will be different, but I kind of think she will be ok. There is a gender thing that keeps women thinking in a different direction than just well, WE HAVE TO GO IN THERE AND KICK SOME ASS OR WE WON'T BE REAL MEN. I would trust her a lot more than Biden and at least the same as Obama.

    Yes and I had a friend of mine who died at 42, it can happen at any age.

    If you can chew gum and walk at the same time, then you move to the head of the class in Olbyvill.
    And it also means you’re more fit to do Keith’s show then he is.

    1) My criticism on the experience issue was nothing other than the utter hypocrisy of the McCain campaign chastising the lack of experience of their opponent and then pciking someone even less experienced in National and International affairs....But I think you knew that!


    2) My reference was ENTIRELY related to the HYPOCRISY of McCain's picking an inexperienced VP as a back up after railing for months about how important HE thinks experience is.....Now think about it before responding Ramjet.....it's really not all that difficult!

    3) I said exactly what a mean't. And I said exactly what I explained it mean't (twice, no less). Yet you STILL seem incapable of understanding a simple construction of words without having it broken down and individually outlined for you.
    -------------------------------

    It is you, my too smart by half friend, who is incaplble of understanding a simple fact.

    One can (and you did) criticize McCain for hypocricy and AT THE SAME TIME spew sexist and age descriminatory barbs.

    Mike H... little over-the-top and somewhat uncalled for...

    A "little" and "somewhat"...Are you KIDDING me?

    First of all he knew all along that what McCain said was IF elected. NOT NOW...Big big difference with all the resources he would have IF elected. In other words a LIE. A BIG lie because, as I said he went further to insinuate that McCain was just as guilty as a terrorist. (Not unlike something Mata Hari would have said)

    Think of the implications here Mike...War hero (which olbermann obviously hates) who not once but TWICE almost died fighting for his country while olbermann, who doesn't even have the gonads to face an opposing view, decides to diminish the heroism of McCain by then comparing him to a terrorist. (Mata hari, etc.)

    Get the picture? An American who risked his life for his country vs a windbag who's afraid of soiling his pants from an opposing view. (Mata Hari who was very protected in her little radio booth)

    An American hero, who while running for the republican nomination, was for all intents and purposes a very long shot at best, but who rose above it all to nail it vs a loudmouth anti-American, who when things don't go his way, eliminates any of the competition by NOT even having them on his show. (I don't believe Mata Hari had any opposing views either)

    McCain...who faced insurmountable odds in a war and in life who came out on top vs a loudmouth who keeps on yelling from his pulpit with absolutely no truth or facts to back what he spews out, while all the time trying to diminish all the good that John McCain has done for America..and that's about as close to a modern day Mata Hari as you can get.

    Now you may be tired of hearing it, but I can gurantee you that there are MILLIONS who agree with me...

    Wolverine: "Get the picture? An Americaan who risked his life for his country vs a windbag who's afraid of soiling his pants from an opposing view."


    Gee Wolf, it sounds to me like you're getting a little confused about who is running for president and who isn't? Do you honestly think even I would vote for Keith Olbermann if he were running for president? You need to get a little perspective on this. He is just a blowhard commentator with a point of view and an agenda who happens to have a national forum......just like about 50 others out there, none of whom were war heros either.

    And I still disagree with your apparent assertion that because he as once a war hero, it makes him somehow immune from attack or criticism......I also disagree with many who seem to think that this war hero status somehow makes him qualified to be president.

    Ramjet: "You can (and you did) criticize McCain for hypocricy and AT THE SAME TIME spew sexist and age discrimination barbs."

    Only in your rather narrow minded assessment did I do that. But the problem is that you STILL don't understand the post.

    The key words that you keep missing from that post were "everyone can see". In other words, WHY would McCain mention his age or his VP's gender when eveyone can see she is a woman and everyone certainly knows his age. The comment was strictly an answer to a question about why McCain hasn't mentioned either issue.

    Then, you seem to have a problem with my use of the word young, which relates directly with experience, and my reference to McCain's age, which relates directly to his choice of an inexperienced running mate back-up.

    That said, when did republicans become so sensitive about political correctness?


    BS

    Leave a new comment