Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    tonyome wrote: <a href="http://twitchy.com/2014/07/28/voxs-laughable-praise-of-keith-olber... [more](11)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    February 27, 2009
    Friday Night Recappers Open Thread
    Bathtub Boy

    This is the recappers' comment thread for tonight's Hour of Spin. What can we expect from "Chicken and Waffles" Olbermann tonight? It's clear Olby should do another Special Apology, this time for his rip 'n' read smear of Gov Jindal. But we're going out on a limb: don't hold your breath! Be an Olbermann Watch blogger--without all the muss and fuss! Comments are open!


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (50) | | View blog reactions

    50 Comments

    Ok im going to make a few predictions about tonights "broadcast"

    Ok #1 he willl try to belittle atleast one conseravtive radio/tv host!
    #2 he will tell at least one lie
    #3 He will call for Bush to be charged with wars crimes
    #4 one of guest will be: Eugene Robinson, Woolfee, or Jonthan Alter
    #5 There will NO new guest tonight, same tired old retread from the previous xxxx amount of years?
    #5 you could have watched last show to know everything you need to know about tonight show, hell you could have watched a show from last year and still got everything your needed to about tonight show!

    Its ground hog day!

    Great link, Johnny.

    I wish I still lived in NO so I could have voted for Jindal for governor. The general consensus in the state was that Kathleen Blanco was worse than ineffectual.

    Considering the climate at the time can you imagine if GWB had sent federal troops in without her invitation? The headlines would still be screaming Fascist Takeover. Dictator Bush ignores posse comitatus.

    Jindal is very well liked and admired in the state. Blanco just eked out a victory over him the first time he ran and what a disaster that was for the state.

    Let's see what KO does tonight.

    Uh, Oh!!!! Keithee & Richard Woof are gravely concerned that Obama sounds Bush-like in his Iraq troop withdraw proposal. They collectively decide it's up the Congressional Dems to stand up and insist for a quicker and larger withdraw.

    Wooh! I'm so glad "The Liar King" and Wolfman Hack knows what's best. What would we do without them?

    well wolffe was the 1st guest! ding!
    No new guests, even though the one guy talking about iraq I had never seen, be Olbermonster said welcome back.. ding
    and Rush was attacked..RoFL 3 for 3 so far! Ding

    Im visonarey ROFL!

    Ok the lie is coming up, when he tries to twist the Jiihdal attack..hey did anyone ever go back and check every single detail that Obozo has said? NO!

    Ding Ding Eugene Robinson talking about c-pac ding ding1

    So, let's review the timeline:

    During the campaign, Olbermann, Olby's Cronies and Obama seem generally in agreement over withdrawing from Iraq.

    Obama is election, and Olbermann begins expecting troop withdrawal from Iraq.

    Republicans insist that no one who has seen the top secret briefings would agree with Olbermann's position.

    Obama is sworn in, sees the intelligence briefings, starts sounding like Bush on Iraq and other aspects of the war on terror.

    Does this tidbit give Keith Olbermann pause, that maybe he doesn't know all the facts? OF COURSE NOT!

    Attack on C-pac hey robinson and Olbermonster do you actually read Koz or Huff post?

    when he says "still bushed" it creeepsss me OUT!

    Ok here comes the lie about Jinhdal, ding ding ding..Jinhdal gate? why cant libs ever think about a new term "gate" is so yesterday....kind of like countdown

    Don't worry. Eventually Keithee will pronounce it "Still Bussssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh", as it will represent the last gasp of air escaping from a dying political analytic hack.

    Wrote America47000 on February 27, 2009 8:47 PM:

    "Obama is sworn in, sees the intelligence briefings, starts sounding like Bush on Iraq and other aspects of the war on terror.

    Does this tidbit give Keith Olbermann pause, that maybe he doesn't know all the facts? OF COURSE NOT!"

    Come now America47000. That's because those facts haven't appeared yet at those blue blog sources of that journalistic champion, Keith "The new Murrow" Olbermann.

    They will, if and when it becomes conveinent for some Obama propaganda.

    ok a big lie about the rating..the dude can face facts ..its over..Micheal jackson's nose has more life in it..

    Johnny,

    In order to even consider an apology, NBC would need to be a credible news organization.

    And we all know that went out the window years ago.

    I did not even get what Keith was trying to accomplish with the ratings attack on Bill O'Reilly, it made no sense.

    "Compare the 17-weeks to the election to the same 17-weeks this time last year." So Keith is comparing 17-weeks to election day to these 17-weeks last year, in other words that final comparison is from the 17-weeks to Election Day to the 17-weeks after the 07 Election Day? And he's up 62%? And O'Reilly is up 40%? I am not an expert on TV ratings, but they really increased that much? The chart at TVbythenumbers.com only shows from 11/23/07 onward, but it looks like it his numbers went back down to around where they were pre the run up to the election. It may be a bit higher, but 62%? And as much as it pains me to say this (as I mentioned in the below post, I'm new to the site although I've been lurking for a few months, I am a fan of Keith Olbermann, but I'm beginning to sour on him), O'Reilly is right (sorry, I am not a Bill O'Reilly fan at all). O'Reilly's ratings have increased from the past month while Olbermann's have remained the same or gone down (I'm looking at a yearly chart so it's hard to tell, here's the link: http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/021909oreillyolbermann.gif)

    Sorry for the double post (I'm watching WPitW on the Countdown Website and hit pause after the ratings attack on O'Reilly to figure it out and I just saw the Worst for the Irish airlines), but I'm not sure if Keith Olbermann has been to Europe at all in the recent years. I have (although never Ireland), and while I don't know about European airlines (I don't normally fly European airlines), several European countries charge money to use the public, erm, facilities shall we say. So the fact that this Irish airline is doing this is not a big surprise nor is it a foreign concept to Europeaners who are used to paying to pee. To me, this is the type of story that would be on BPitW (for someone like me who enjoys dumb criminal stories, that is a segment that I often get a kick out of). I guess Keith could not find anything else for WPitW so he resorted to that.

    I watched it live, here's my recap
    The big Omission, no mention of Tea Party revolts taking place across UUS on Friday

    Iraq War "Bush wanted to start didn't want to end" after declaring victory.
    Bad cop/ Good cop
    Olbermann to Wolf: Sounds Bushian to you as it does to me?(about Obama saying not guided by polls)

    Wolf: Obama admitted Strategic Blunder, Bush never would have. Bush made wrong strategic judgements. Obama's speech giving date war is over and pulling troops out.

    Ricks contradicts. Obama, not really ending war, combat troops won't all be out under Obama, Bush didn't originally plan on long war."

    Ricks - we are only half way to how long troops will be in Iraq (ie another 6 years)
    Ricks - pentagon told him US troops will continue fighting after 2010.
    Ricks - Bush originally planned on in and out only 30k by sept 2003.

    CPAC - Are we all socialists now, will congress take our guns, Joe the Plumber.said where you could be shot for criticising troops. No evidence (No clips)

    Jindal spokeswoman statement SUGGESTS he lied

    CPAC 4th story Steele Bush got a way from conserv value. Steele 8 years 1 trillion dollars oopsies, Bachman said you be the man (Steele), Limbaugh comediane. Delay repeated Rush want Obama to fail (video clip)
    Matt Cooper talkingpointsmemo.com
    Newt attacked Bush. anytime I heard rethinking by conservs. all speakers admitted bashing of hispanics. Revolt against radio talkers not happening.

    Polls say people want Repubs to work with Obama
    Our old friend Tucker Carlson said get facts like NYTimes.
    Limbaugh makes ron paul look not as out there. Rush final CPAC speaker.

    Oddball, Mudslinging wrestling in asia, Uncle Ben never had it so good. (Another Chicken and Waffle moment?)
    clueless mayor watermelon patch no longer mayor
    joe the plumber wants to shoot congress members
    Texas congressman comments on Cspan that recessions come with free society, but Iran and Venezuela have recessions.
    Legitimate polit discourse becomes radical, Joe t Plumber more than slapping troopers..


    "off the deep end"
    With Washing post. Eugene Robinson
    Cpac extremists. This is getting really bizare. These remarks "insanity". The poll at Sean Hannity what kind of revolution. Robinson "nobody in party coming out to condemn this". Joe t Plumb given a voice has general delusions about American History. (5 books sold by joe the plumber at book signing) People heard message Socialism,racism. Socialism talks means the rapture is coming.

    Washing post. Eugene Robinson
    "JoeTP longing for the days of the alien sedition act" but the guy won't get joke. The guy is an idiot, "I think I'm speaking objectively here". The socialism thing they tried it during the campaign wont work as prez.
    "Awful email sent around."(Watermelon patch),

    "still bushed"
    bailout of nba by banks,
    Jinal's spokesperson changed story so Jindal lied and not as Jindal claimed "to hold back the waves".
    Bush pentagon dealt with contactor, they sold aluminium tubes to NKorea, but no big deal.

    Worse O'Reilly claiming MSNB has collapsed. Ratings graph that shows MSNBC has greater gains than fox.
    Worser Glenn Beck complaining about 800 million for carbon capture but is for clean coal which Beck supports.
    Worst Michael O'Leary Irish airline head honcho because he's proposing passengers to pay to use toilets.
    Final segment joined by Paul Tomkins vh1
    Nutjobs coming out of woodwork, Cpac. Limbaugh defender of constitution. Bachman said Micheal Steele you be the man. Refers to her as an "Android". anyone thinks rush defending constitution can't be reasoned with. Jindal and Palin not at CPAC. is that good (that they realize these CPAC people are too crazy for them)?


    Paul Tomkins vh1 highlights
    African Americans, gays, hispanics (conservs) only see one as abominable. ie (gays) as "3/5 of a person"
    Joe the Plumber is wrong, nobody "talks bad about the troops".
    Award for whitest patriot? Cheap shot at Palin.

    stevenrw,

    You are starting to understand why a lot of sane people have so may gripes about Olbermann. A lot of people (excluding me) think he has talent, which comes from his snarky days at ESPN (which I didn't enjoy, but I could see why others liked him), and he is indeed snarky on his show at times, but the bottom line is that he has wasted whatever talent he had by becoming a slovenly political hack, who rips and reads from blue blogs, a sign of laziness, and then propagates distortions, lies, and smears against those with whom he disagrees. Withouot allowing them a time for rebuttal on his show. Oh, and I can't forget his overt "cheerleading for power", i.e. our current President.

    Yet he makes around 7 million for that?! Only in America, can someone like him call the former President, Bush, a Nazi, on a prime time show, and get paid that much. Without acknowledging the irony!

    Even worse, are those million or more morons who continue to drink his bitter, sour koolaid.

    honestly, do you really think the people at msnbc go home and look in the mirror at night and think, "wow, I'm really proud of what I've accomplished in life." they have completely committed themselves to being nothing more than a forum for the "blogosphere". It's not just Olbermann & Kos-the "Jindal researchers" he mentioned are just a group from KOs, the EXACT story Olbermann read came from Kos front page today. Every show revolves around what a bunch of anonymous posters on "twitter" are currently "tweeting" about. I think Matthews and Morning Joe are the only 2 shows that don't get 100% of their content from the Internet. I'm not exaggerating or trying to take pot-shots, I'm being 100% sincere.

    As for tonights show and all week for that matter, Olbs seems to be spending a lot of time worrying about CPAC. Based on his coverage you'd think it's nothing more than a bunch of mentally handicapped people with no concept of reality. If the CPAC people are as dumb and insignificant as KO would have you believe, why would he spend over half his show discussing them?

    I don't know why, but Olbs has really got to me the past few days. He is truly a miserable and pathetic human being. He is ugly on the inside as he is blubbery on the outside.

    I knew he was going to attack Bill in this way. This stems from last night's Talking Points Memo. Here's video: http://tinyurl.com/ctpul7'
    And the transcript: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501824,00.html
    Here is the part that got Man on Fan up in arms:
    "As Americans become more fearful about the economy and the drastic changes at the federal level, they are increasingly watching FOX News. In the February prime-time ratings, FNC was the third highest-rated cable network in the country, beating giants like Disney and ESPN. CNN was 15 and MSNBC 23. In fact, at 8 p.m., MSNBC has collapsed, down almost 50 percent in the key 25 to 54 demo since the October run-up to the election.
    Now the liberal press will never tell you that, but it is obvious that Americans are worried and want the truth. That's why "The Factor" is the dominant force in cable news. We will tell you the truth. We have no partisan agenda.
    I do hope President Obama succeeds and the economy quickly improves. But I remain deeply skeptical about the emerging nanny state and the enormous cost of it. So we are going to watch the Obama administration to make sure if the USA does face bankruptcy, you will know about it well ahead of time. And we are certainly on that road.
    And that's "The Memo.""

    I looked on Google and could not find a source that quote our humble correspondent. So, I guess this is another attack for attack's sake. This latest O'Reilly Attack was Worse in the #2 story: The Media Matters Minute.

    Worser was Glenn Beck. Likely blue blog source: Media Matters. http://mediamatters.org/items/200902260028
    Did I get that one right? Either way, here is Wednesday's The One Thing commentary on "The Glenn Beck Program": http://tinyurl.com/bgwfnr
    The subtitle for the FOXNews.com video reads: "We need politicians to say what they mean and mean what they say."

    Worst was the CEO of Ryanair. Oh, no! Charging money to tinkle! I couldn't find a blue blog source on Google News, but I found 63 mainstream sources. I won't bother linking. This is another example of Not-Paul Revere Olbermann pretending to look out for the folks.

    As for the rest of the show, all via preview images on the "Countdown" website...
    #5A: President Obama's troop withdrawal plan. Not good enough! The Original Wolffe Man--as opposed to the Other Wolff Man (note the spelling), the extramarital Michael Wolff--simpered and was likely Great Thanksed.
    #5B: Thomas Ricks. No offense, but who? Ricks says troops will be in Iraq for a very long time. I can't mock Keith on this because I'll look like a war monger.

    #4: Talkin' CPAC with Matt Cooper of Talking Points Memo, one of Keithy's blue blog sources.

    Oddball: Snakes...why did it have to be snakes?

    In the Backhanded Compliment That's Really An Insult segment...oops, I mean BPitW, an octopus at an aquarium tried to escape. Were the other two Bests Fox attacks?

    #3: A barage of Joe the Plumber Attacks. Gentlemen Keith and Geno Robinson piled on.

    Still Bushed: Fraud! Likely blue blog source: MaximumEdge. http://www.maximumedge.com/cgi/news/article.cgi/20090227/D96JR7P00

    #1: Former funnyman Paul F. Tompkins bashed Republicans and conservatives with the non-biased Keith Oralmann.

    I startring writing my recap before the recaps above me appeared.

    I didn't use this in my above recap, but I'll add it now. This came immediately before what I quote from last night's T-Points:
    "But the truth is we are all at risk, and few media outlets will tell you that. Instead, we have a partisan press which often lies to you hoping to promote their vision of America, whatever it may be.
    There are few places you can go to get honest information, and you know it. Here's how I know you know.
    The FOX News Channel features a variety of opinions. We parade in scores of guests each week with all kinds of views. Glenn Beck believes the nation is in crisis. Alan Colmes believes Obama could be the next FDR. Sean Hannity believes the Republican Party has the right formula. And I believe both parties need an overhaul. They need to start looking out for the folks. So you get a wide range of views, while our hard news people deliver solid facts.
    CNN and MSNBC are openly rooting for President Obama's big government vision. The New York Times and other far-left newspapers want the government to impose quasi-socialism, and their news reporting is geared toward promoting that. The network news presentations in the morning and at night are largely sympathetic to the liberal, big-spending view.
    So guess what's happening?"

    Then came the ratings part that was mocked in the tried and false Ted Baxter voice. Let me guess how it was approached: Billo the Clown [Ding!]! I'll guess that after preliminary mocking and belittling, Fred Travalena Olbermann recited (with the quote and the big head on the little body caricature of BOR on the screen): "As Americans become more fearful about the economy and the drastic changes at the federal level, they are increasingly watching FOX News. In the February prime-time ratings, FNC was the third highest-rated cable network in the country, beating giants like Disney and ESPN. CNN was 15 and MSNBC 23. In fact, at 8 p.m., MSNBC has collapsed, down almost 50 percent in the key 25 to 54 demo since the October run-up to the election." I'll guess ratings propagandizing occurred here. And then after that, I'll guess he went back to... "Now the liberal press will never tell you that, but it is obvious that Americans are worried and want the truth. That's why "The Factor" is the dominant force in cable news. We will tell you the truth. We have no partisan agenda." I'll guess belittling and mocking occurred here.

    I will admit this: "Countdown" is a strong #2 at 8:00 in total viewers. It switches off from #2 to #3 in the 25-54 demo. It may have "collapsed," but only in the face of a dominant FNC. MSNBC primetime is still #2 on most nights.

    ...at 8:00 and 9:00. After that, (penny whistle sliding down).

    /tvbythenumbers.com
    O’Reilly vs. Olbermann Through Thursday, November 6, 2008
    Long Term Trend of O’Reilly vs. Olbermann TV Ratings:

    http://tinyurl.com/5dvvr8

    Don't waste Edward R. Olbermann's time with facts. ;)

    By the way, welcome aboard, Steven. I was a Keith Olbermann fan for many years. I thought his sports shtick was funny. "Guh!" "They're not...gonna...get him." "It's deep and I don't think it's playable." "Frozen pizza." "I fell on my car keys." "From way downtown...bang!" "He puts the biscuit in the basket." "I can read his lips and he's not praying." Etc. But his descent into far-left ideology and guttersniping, especially against all things News Corp and Bill O'Reilly, marked the end of my fandom. I feel foolish for ever liking him.
    I've told this several times before, but it's worth repeating for newcomers.

    -- Worser was Glenn Beck. Likely blue blog source: Media Matters. http://mediamatters.org/items/200902260028
    Did I get that one right? --

    -- Still Bushed: Fraud! Likely blue blog source: MaximumEdge. http://www.maximumedge.com/cgi/news/article.cgi/20090227/D96JR7P00 --

    Two homeruns Mike!

    Thanks, liontooth. I don't know if I should call myself the Swami/Schwam or Carnac.

    I am a fan of Keith Olbermann, but I'm beginning to sour on him), O'Reilly is right ...Stevenrw

    Get used to it rw. The comparison of these two is like comparing paint by numbers to a Picasso, but the only difference is that olbermann would swear Picasso's a fraud while his is the real deal.

    Wrote America47000 on February 27, 2009 8:47 PM:

    "Obama is sworn in, sees the intelligence briefings, starts sounding like Bush on Iraq and other aspects of the war on terror.

    Does this tidbit give Keith Olbermann pause, that maybe he doesn't know all the facts? OF COURSE NOT!"

    This was a double given for olbermann with him first never knowing the facts and second that even if he did he'd never admit that America was doing the right thing.

    Irony alert: The continued referring to Joe the pumber wanting to shoot people who criticize troops, vs Olberweenie's wish that someone take Hillary Clinton into a room and only he (the someone) comes out, so Obama gets the nomination. Wasn't that how Woodrow Wilson got the nomination, Olverpaid?

    let's see before the election countdung 627000 viewers bor 833000 after the election plus 17 weeks after he claims countdung 518000 bor 706000 thursday numbers cd 462000 bor 772000. olby aka Richard cranium

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=richard+cranium

    seems to be cherry picking his numbers. "I think you protest to much".
    Now about the "wolffeman" what does an englishman know about american politics. apparently he has written two books one of them is a cookbook.
    finally shooting people, someone beat me to woodrew wilson but they for got abe lincoln. old honest abe suspened the writ of habeas corpus. according to my history teacher then would take people out without a trial and shoot them. Well POTUS wants to model himself after old abe so let's see what happens

    Mike C., it's through his work with sports that I liked him and I started watching Countdown and I liked him even more. Often times I think he makes great points, and other times (and it seems like this is occuring more often), he does things that are completely stupid such as not checking sources, and still constantly chastising Bush. I can't stand Bush as much as the next guy, but enough is enough. Still Bushed! should be a once a week segment at the most. I still like Olbermann, just not as much as I used to.

    Just because you do not like what Olbermann has become, does not mean you should feel foolish for liking him in a different line of work. It's a shame he burnt every bridge possible at ESPN. I make it a point to watch Football Night in America every Sunday once the games are over, if for no other reason, than just for Keith Olbermann (and now Dan Patrick).

    Kooky Keffey Korrection department.
    Sheriff Lee is actually on record (when endorsing Jindal for Gov.) describing how Jindal was hands on AND PRESENT during Katrina.
    (hat tip, Hot Air and Jimtreacher.com)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wO5S5LGT1s

    Monday will see a Countdown apology, along with report on the cold front approaching hell.

    Another irony alert:
    Olverpaid's obsession with all things Jindal and Katrina, yet no mention of an MSNBC web story that you'd expect to to be relevant (oopsie the NO mayor is a dem, shhh!):
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29434567/

    National Guard is pulling out of New Orleans
    Troops had helped lift city from depths of chaos after Katrina; many worry
    NEW ORLEANS - Three and a half years after Hurricane Katrina, the National Guard is pulling the last of its troops out of New Orleans this weekend, leaving behind a city still desperate and dangerous.

    Residents long distrustful of the city's police force are worried they will have to fend for themselves.
    ---
    "Mission accomplished"

    I'm in the same position, Steven: I liked him for his sports work. I tried watching him on "Football Night in America," but even there, he managed to throw in politics or personal attacks. In highlights for an Arizona Cardinals game, Lofa Tatupa made a tackle and Keith said "Lofa, not to be confused with loofah [Ding!]." Another time, there was a player with the last name Fox and he said the name disgustedly. Real nice. Could you imagine Terry Bradshaw attacking NBC, ESPN, or NFL Network while doing highlights for "The OT"? I don't think so. And Chris Berman and Tom Jackson don't bash the competition, either.
    But that's me. Please don't hate me for feeling that way, Steven. I respect your opinion.

    I got caught up on some COD4 ( double XP weekend ) But did watch RED EYE who's #1 story was The Garofalo and KO the other night.

    Oh geez, she's worse than Keith. In fact, she represents the lefties I despise. The ones who live in that imaginary world where all the women and minorites have to be Democrate, and if they're Republican they got a problem with their programming.

    Anywho they came to the conclusion she's a racist. Andy Levy rules.

    I don't get Olbermann's mindset over the ratings attack. What's his point? "We suck, but manipulating the data shows we don't suck as much as they say." Yeah, OK.

    Like the old saying goes, there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Certainly nobody understands that better than ol' Keithy.

    Never mind that he's getting absolutely killed in total viewers, and can only hope to keep it close in the key demo, which I guess is the only one he thinks counts (and I thought "progressives" oppose discrimination. Yeah, right. The only oppose the discrimination of those who vote for them)

    But now we have Keith so desperate for an attack he actually puts up how inferior his numbers are to Billo on his screen.

    His one graphic shows a 62% increase of his show over the same 17-week period from a year ago, while O'Reilly grew only 40%.

    This is of course a crafty way of stating things. And pretty much full of crap.

    Put another way,
    Olbermann gained 199,000 average viewers, and O'Reilly picked up 203,000 viewers. So O'Reilly still wins that one. Olbermann picks up more percentage points by comparison because his original numbers were so crappy.

    Since I don't want to waste two hours of my life computing worthless ratings data from the past 6 months, I can't really speak to the veracity of Olby's numbers. All I know is, the perception is that Olbermann's ratings suck now, compared to O'Reilly's. Billo could have been saying Countdown's ratings were 50% down in reference to the gap between the Factor and Countdown, combining all the reruns.

    Anyone have actual stats?

    a47k Ko cherrypicked his numbers. He did not say that they were averaging 518000 viewers a night, he picked a day and says hey we have 518000 viewers. unless ko produces his source and how he came to this conclusion ko is cooking the books.

    I guess Olbermann does not understand 6th grade. Say Bill "O has 10 viewers and goes to 15 and Olbermonster has 5 and goes to 8 that yes they both increase, but of course he will have a larger % gain because he had a smaller number viewers and therefore his % gain will be larger! It does not change the fact that BillO is neraley 2x his total audience #'s over Olbermann and he will never ever have more viewers then Bill"o EVER!

    I have a question for Olbermonster, Does size realy matter..its not the size its the quality!

    FYI did anyone just wanted to gag when Olbermonster tried to be "funny" and made the masterbation joke about something Joe the Plumber has said?? that race baiter Robinson and O,bermonster had good chuckle..such professionalism John Chancelor and Russert must turing over in their graves..

    Thanks for the recaps everyone, especially MikeC.

    I am amazed at the tone of concern Olbermann has over Iraq. It was once an issue that brought out the most vile and hateful reactions from those on the radical left like Olbermann. Now?

    The gauntlet was the same as in 2005.....If the left wants the troops to come home NOW, suspend the funding. If this is no more than political posturing by the leftist ruling elite, we should see resolutions from the speaker and Reid stopping the funding.

    I think we will only see what we saw in 2005.....the same old cynical selfish political posturing from the anti-America left. This will once again confirm my opinion of these people....
    '
    The church of SNOBamessiah has not changed in 4 years. Hypocritical, cynical, selfish, power hungry....all at the cost of soldiers' lives and people's freedom around the globe and even here in America. One of their own is now chief executive and is at least now influenced by good people at the Pentagon like Robert Gates who know right from wrong.

    Let us hope Al Queda or Iran does not decide to reinvest in Iraq. Obama will run like a chicken if there is any uptick in violence and American casualties leaving the good people of Iraq to totalitarianism.....he will not have the courage to defend freedom like Bush did with people like Olbermann breathing down his neck!

    VERO POSSUMUS!

    -- His one graphic shows a 62% increase of his show over the same 17-week period from a year ago, while O'Reilly grew only 40%. --

    America47000, thanks. When I was watching it, I didn't have a good chance to see what the time frame for his stats were. O'Reilly cleverly chose to compare October of 2008 and now(February). Of course there is a rating drop from October to now because there was more interest right before the election. Even O'Reilly's ratings dropped (see the link I posted above for a chart). O'Reilly or someone on his staff did this just to get a reaction from the idiot. The reason is that if anybody goes to look up the Feb ratings, guess what you find
    http://tinyurl.com/dbxfj8
    O'Reilly is #1 out of everbody and if you look for Olverpaids, you see that RIGHT ABOVE his, O'Reilly's repeat is drawing higher ratings especially in the 25-54!
    By Program
    NETWORK PROGRAM NAME P2+ (000) A25-54 (000) A18-34 (000) A18-49 (000) A35-64 (000)
    FOXN THE OREILLY FACTOR 3,608 803 169 591 1,438

    FOXN THE OREILLY FACTOR (RPT) 1,451 458 111 345 709
    MSNB COUNTDOWN W/ K. OLBERMANN 1,359 446 176 371 687

    At Kountdown the pulse is fading
    Just check the Nielsen rating
    The slovenly hack
    At the back of the pack
    Struck out with conservative-hating

    Regarding the pentagon "fraud" story Keith ripped from Maximum Edge (links above from other posters)...

    A real journalist/commentator on the left would probably have said that this was the kind of thing Obama would clean up in his effort to bring transparency and efficiency to government, saving billions of dollars (we'll see...)

    A real journalist/commentator on the right might have had my first reaction to reading the story...wow, and this is the same government we want taking over healthcare, the financial system, automakers, etc? I'm sure they will bring the same efficiency, attention to detail to those areas as they did here at the Pentagon.

    Keithee's angle? Blame Bush.

    cee wrote on February 28, 2009 7:59 AM:

    "Let us hope Al Queda or Iran does not decide to reinvest in Iraq. Obama will run like a chicken if there is any uptick in violence and American casualties leaving the good people of Iraq to totalitarianism.....he will not have the courage to defend freedom like Bush did with people like Olbermann breathing down his neck!"

    cee, the Obama administration's problem won't be in Iraq. I firmly believe the Iraqis have too much of a taste for self governence now. The potential trouble spot could be in Afghanisthan. That situation, partly due to history, has the real posibility to go south, which of course also affects Pakistan. If things start to get rough in Afghanistan, similar to say, what happened in Iraq, will Obama resist the far left's cries to get out? Will Olbermann defend Obama, or throw him under the bus and side with the far left?

    That last question of course, can simply be answered by determining which decision get's Olbermann the most viewer numbers amoung his million or more morons.

    With regards to Afghanistan, you may be right, flindycon. I believe faced with 1/2 the challenges Bush faced 9/11 on, Obama will retreat. His base is defined by their personal pursuit for popular political power and cannot tolerate any threat to it, including if it means abandoning the principles of freedom and liberty.

    Obama stood in front of greater men and women yesterday declaring victory on their behalf....."And so I want to be very clear: We sent our troops to Iraq to do away with Saddam Hussein’s regime – and you got the job done. We kept our troops in Iraq to help establish a sovereign government – and you got the job done. And we will leave the Iraqi people with a hard-earned opportunity to live a better life – that is your achievement; that is the prospect that you have made possible."

    He really should not have included himself in the description. "We" does not include Barack Obama because he was willing to leave Saddam Hussein in power despite great evidence he was pursuing WMD, conspired with terrorists willing to kill innocents and was a despot killing his own people keeping them in the bondage of starvation and terror. "We" does not include Barack Obama because he was willing to leave Iraq to the radicals of Al Queda and Iran so that they could develop new attacks on the United States and their allies as well as return the Iraqi people back to despotism....he was against the surge and wanted Iraq adandoned in 2008.

    Only 3 years ago he was one of the many who said it was lost and wanted ALL the troops out by the spring of 2008. It is now winter 2009 and over 100,000 are still there defending freedom and President Obama is now willing to leave 50,000 in harms way until 2011! He was wrong then and would choose the easier yet wrong path again if faced with heat. I am not sure that scenario may still happen, to the detriment of the mission and our nation's security.

    With regards to Olbermann, we will excuse Obama like his supporters do now, with silence and muted disagreement. Obama will not be called a fascist, a bumbler, a war monger, a baby killer, a hegemonic egomaniac or a failure simply because the church of SNOBamessiah zealots like Olbermann are hypocrites. And Olbermann will not call for Obama's resignation like he did with Bush because Obama will never allow such a tough political position to occur....he would long abandon any such principled stand like Bush took because he is a member of the left....personal political power and his "image" is the highest priority.

    That was shown in the campain, and it is happening now with the administration lies and propaganda.

    Our nation is in a very dangerous place domestically with the very irresponsible financial policies of the left and internationally with the paper thin resolve Obama has shown in the past. Let us hope the damage is not too severe and a better day will come soon.

    cee wrote on February 28, 2009 10:59 AM:

    "With regards to Afghanistan, you may be right, flindycon. I believe faced with 1/2 the challenges Bush faced 9/11 on, Obama will retreat. His base is defined by their personal pursuit for popular political power and cannot tolerate any threat to it, including if it means abandoning the principles of freedom and liberty.'

    I agree about Obama's base, but I sure hope you are wrong about Obama. If he abandons Afghanistan if it does become troublesome, that will damage the credibility of this country, both domestically and internationally, much like withdrawing from Vietnam did.

    cee wrote on February 28, 2009 10:59 AM:

    "Obama stood in front of greater men and women yesterday declaring victory on their behalf....."And so I want to be very clear: We sent our troops to Iraq to do away with Saddam Hussein’s regime – and you got the job done. We kept our troops in Iraq to help establish a sovereign government – and you got the job done. And we will leave the Iraqi people with a hard-earned opportunity to live a better life – that is your achievement; that is the prospect that you have made possible.""

    I do not begrudge him that. He is afterall, a part of the country that did send those troops. And of course, he is a typical politician, who seizes the opportunity to politicize. However, his image as a "humble" politician would have been furthered had he admitted this success came despite his own reservations about the surge, thereby admitting he was wrong in his predictions about its outcome. He didn't. So, does that mean that he still thinks he wasn't wrong to oppose it? As usual, no comment whatsoever on this from his lead cheerleader Olbermann. Nuance.

    cee wrote on February 28, 2009 10:59 AM:

    "With regards to Olbermann, we will excuse Obama like his supporters do now, with silence and muted disagreement. Obama will not be called a fascist, a bumbler, a war monger, a baby killer, a hegemonic egomaniac or a failure simply because the church of SNOBamessiah zealots like Olbermann are hypocrites. And Olbermann will not call for Obama's resignation like he did with Bush because Obama will never allow such a tough political position to occur....he would long abandon any such principled stand like Bush took because he is a member of the left....personal political power and his "image" is the highest priority.

    That was shown in the campain, and it is happening now with the administration lies and propaganda."

    You may be correct. However, I think MSNBC's motivation has been for profits, i.e. ratings, by offering what they consider to be an ideological counter to Fox. It is obvious they missed the mark, and instead, created an on air version of Air America for prime time instead. A big reason why they will never equal or overtake Fox's ratings. Another observation is that GE's head, Immelt, continued to deal with an American enemy, Iran, when it was known that their technology had helped to kill some of our troops operating in Iraq, along with their undermining of our attempts to help the Iraqis self govern. Why? For profit. He is linking now with Obama, in the hopes he can secure more profit for GE, from that administration. Meanwhile, Olbermann rails against greedy CEOs on Countdown, while never taking his own to task. The new Murrow understand full well the irony of this. Olbermann does this because, like his superiors, he is going for ratings, and is hoping the million or more morons who tune in won't get that irony, due to their bling hatred, which he continues to feed. I am beginning to believe more and more, that Olbermann doesn't really care about all that outrage he feigns.

    cee wrote on February 28, 2009 10:59 AM:

    "Our nation is in a very dangerous place domestically with the very irresponsible financial policies of the left and internationally with the paper thin resolve Obama has shown in the past. Let us hope the damage is not too severe and a better day will come soon."

    I agree with you. It is brought on by greedy CEOs like Immelt, and pundits like Olbermann, both of whom I firmly believe are purely profit motivated. It is also greatly facilitated by those million or more morons who demand the bitter, sour koolaid that Olbermann serves them on a nightly basis from his Countdown studio.

    Mike C., I would have to be a pretty nasty person to hate you over your opinions over a political commentator at MSNBC. Don't worry, I've visited the site numerous times in the past couple of months and realize that in liking Olbermann I am in the minority. I'm not here to cause and start fights.

    I forget who the player was, but after someone got dinged up, Keith on FNIA said something along the lines of "and he can now see Russia from here" or something like that, with it obviously a Sarah Palin reference. I still do find him very funny, but I could do without the political/Fox News jokes.

    Mike C., I would have to be a pretty nasty person to hate you over your opinions over a political commentator at MSNBC. Don't worry, I've visited the site numerous times in the past couple of months and realize that in liking Olbermann I am in the minority. I'm not here to cause and start fights.

    I forget who the player was, but after someone got dinged up, Keith on FNIA said something along the lines of "and he can now see Russia from here" or something like that, with it obviously a Sarah Palin reference. I still do find him very funny, but I could do without the political/Fox News jokes, that's part of the reason why I watch Countdown. :-)

    I knew about the "hey, I can see Russia from here" line. I think it was when Trent Edwards, the Buffalo Bills QB, went down in a game against the Cardinals.
    I'm very glad you're not here to cause and start fights, or even attack or hate me.

    This is nothing but pure fun and funny.

    My Granddaughter sent me this link titled Greatest Prank Call Ever.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

    Grammie, That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

    I may adopt that strategy myself the next time I receive a call from a telemarketer...

    You're welcome Steve.

    I hope it distracted you from that foot you shot. :)

    I just checked the transcript of Friday's show and the O'Reilly Attack was even worse than I guessed.
    "The bronze to Bill-O the Clown [Ding!]. For the first time since he implied they might have been fixed to make him look bad, he is lying about the ratings again. (Ted Baxter voice): “As Americans become more fearful about the economy and the drastic changes at the federal level, they are increasingly watching Fox News. In fact, at 8:00 MSNBC has collapsed, down almost 50 percent in the key 25-54 demo since the October run up to the election.”"
    Oops. It looks like Herr Olbermahn withheld some information from his audience...again. Here is what he left out of that quote [Ding!]: "In the February prime-time ratings, FNC was the third highest-rated cable network in the country, beating giants like Disney and ESPN. CNN was 15 and MSNBC 23." But facts like that are irrelevant on OlbyPlanet. Only the money demo matters. "Call Andrea Mackris [Ding!], Bill is fantasizing again." Oralmann went *there* again? Good grief! "Compare the 17 weeks since the election to the 17 week run up to the election, we here are down 17 percent and B.O. is down 15 percent. Compare the 17 weeks since the election to the same 17 weeks this time last year, we are up 62 percent since last year and B.O. is only up 40 percent. Seriously, Bill, don't try to cook the books. We'll make you look stupid every time, like right now."
    This coming from Book-Cooker Olbermann.

    Worser was Glenn Beck. "The runner-up, Glenn Beck. We all laughed the first time he attacked the carbon capture projects in the stimulus package, ..." Only your credulous lemmings laughed. Sane people didn't. "He has done it again, derisively saying, ... Glenn, carbon capture projects, that's clean coal technology. Last June, you claimed the Democrats, (likely looking at gotcha paper): “controlled by the radical environmental special interest groups,” were blocking clean coal technology. You support clean coal technology, nit wit." Does anyone seriously think Keith Immelt Olbermann cares about clean coal technology? And how is clean coal technology going to get people to start spending again and fix the economy? I know it's pointless to nitpick, but I had to get that out of my system.

    Worst was that RyanAir guy. I take back what I said about this being an example of Not-Paul Revere Olbermann pretend to look out of the folks. What you're about to read is more of that low-brow crass crude humor that Edward R. Paul Harvey Olbermann incorporates. "But our winner, ... chief executive officer of Ryan Air of Ireland, Europe's biggest budget airline. It already charges for beverages, boarding first, overhead stowing of bags, checking bags and checking in. There was only one thing left. ... So if you are on a Ryan Air flight and you have to blank, you might as well go blank on their carpet, because clearly Ryan Air is ready to blank on you. ..., CEO of pay toilet airlines, today's worst person in the world!"

    Harry Reasoner would be proud. Not.

    Leave a new comment