OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set
OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users
Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.
New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!
New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!
|Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List|
|Visit this group|
How will the infamous, deplorable one embarrass himself tonight? Do your recapping right here. Comments are open!
In graphic format:
Notes: References to Iraq do not include Olbermann's ritual closing mantra.
This is the recappers' comment thread for tonight's Hour of Spin. It's the end of the week so let 'er rip! Be an Olbermann Watch blogger without all the muss and fuss. Comments are open!
Another night of deranged mendacity from the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann. Who will he smear? What lies will he tell? It's up to you to identify Oralmann's biggest liea of the night! Do your recapping right here. Comments are open!
Viewer warning: video contains adult language and themes!
It's the recappers thread for tonight's Hour of Spin! Who will catch the biggest Olbermann Lie of the night? Comments are open!
The Olbermann Watch Research Division thought it might be instructive to pour through the MSNBC online transcripts (it sure beats watching the infamous, deplorable one) to see how much attention was paid to various stories over the past week. The results were interesting, to say the least. Here is the raw data on what our keyword searches found:
Here it is in graphic format:
Notes: The references to ACORN were part of attacks on O'Reilly, Fox, etc. None represented any actual reporting on the ACORN scandals. References to Iraq do not include Olbermann's ritual closing mantra.
As always, use this thread to recap tonight's unbearable Hour of Spin. Comments are open!
It's a rotten job but somebody has to do it. Use this thread to recap tonight's Hour of Spin. Special bonus points to the recapper who identifies Oralmann's biggest Lie of the Night. Comments are open!
Tuesday was day two of MSNBC's campaign to fan the flames of racial division in the USA. Listen to John Gibson lay out how the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann eagerly played his part, then use this thread to recap tonight's Hour of Spin. Comments are open!
John Gibson looks at Monday night's Hour of Spin to answer that question. Listen, enjoy, then use this thread to recap tonight's Meltdown. Comments are open!
What better way to insulate yourself against a week of the infamous, deplorable one than by listening to Glenn Beck make fun of him on national radio? We have the clip for your listening pleasure. Enjoy, then use this thread to recap tonight's intolerably repellent edition of The Hour of Spin. Comments are open!
If the thought of the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann lecturing anyone on "civility" isn't irony-drenched enough for your 9/11 weekend, how about Olby tossing in his own special brand of "fact-checking", that turns out to be...well, shall we say, somewhat fact-challenged? John Gibson explains it all. Listen, enjoy, then use this thread to recap the week's final Hour of Spin. Comments are open!
We know what tonight's dog that did not bark will be. So with that out of the way, use this thread to recap Thursday's Hour of Spin. Comments are open!
This is the recappers' comment thread for tonight's Hour of Spin. We get a bonus tonight: Edward R Olbermann as impartial news anchor of the Prez's speech, and then Krazy Keith as deranged Kossack for an hour afterwards. Now here's a fun game. Let's take the official White House talking points (reprinted below courtesy of Major Garrett) and try to predict how many of these talking points will be echoed during tonight's 9:00 pm Hour of Spin? Comments are open!
Talking Points: President Obama's Address to a Joint Session of Congress Tonight
• When the President is finished speaking tonight, everyone who listens will understand that his plan has at its core two overriding goals: to bring stability and security to Americans who have insurance today, and affordable coverage to those who don't.
o The President's plan will bring reforms that will reduce the unsustainable growth in the cost of health care, which has doubled in the last decade and will continue to rise at that untenable pace unless we act.
• From the beginning of this process, the President has said that he believes reform should be bipartisan. And the plan he outlines tonight will be consistent with that goal - it will contain Republican proposals and Democratic proposals.
o So the Republicans will have to decide whether they are genuine in their wish to work in a bipartisan manner, or whether they will continue to vote against proposals they have said are key to reform.
• He will clearly lay out what health reform means to Americans - both those that have insurance now and those that don't. He will also be clear about health reform doesn't mean - clearing up the confusion that has been fomented by the special interests and defenders of the status quo.
• He will also answer the big questions about how to move the health reform process forward and make clear exactly what he considers real reform to be.
• It is important to recognize how far we have come.
o Four of the five House and Senate committees have marked up bills. Today Senator Baucus, who chairs the fifth committee, announced that his committee will move to markup shortly. Among those bills there is, essentially, 80 percent agreement, and each of them is in line with the principles the President has laid out.
• We are entering a new phase in the debate.
o Now is the time to begin pulling together the various strands of the bills that have been written and the solutions that have been proposed to create a final product that lowers costs, ensures that Americans cannot be denied coverage because they get sick, and provides access to affordable health care for all.
o As the President will say tonight, he is not the first president to take up the cause of health reform but he is determined to be the last.
• Members heard a lot from their constituents over August - including stories from people who are struggling with the rising cost of health care or who have been denied coverage because they or someone in their family got sick. One thing has became crystal clear to any member who really spent time talking to constituents last month: Doing nothing is not an option.
• After this speech, opponents of health reform will need to either propose their own plan or explain why they think it is best to do nothing while health care costs continue to rise 3 times faster than wage, millions of Americans continue to be denied coverage because they got sick, and insecurity continues to grow. In just 2 years, 1 in 3 Americans experienced a gap in coverage. What the President will offer the country is stability and security in our health insurance system.
On Gov. Palin's Attacks:
• Every non partisan organization that has looked at her claims say they are false. And the ideas in her op-ed are both scary and risky. Eliminating Medicare and giving our seniors vouchers instead is a bad idea that we shouldn't adopt.
This is the recappers' comment thread for tonight's Hour of Spin. This is the show where the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann unveils his special snitchers' tipline:
Tuesday we will expand this to the television audience and have a dedicated email address to accept leads, tips, contacts, on Beck, his radio producer Burguiere, and the chief of his tv enablers, Ailes...
Keith Olbermann has put a bounty on Glenn Beck. Van Jones has quit his White House position and Edward R Olbermann will not let the unacceptable treatment of this 9/11 truther go unavenged! He wants all the investigative journalists who post at his blog, the Daily Kos, to send him any Glenn Beck dirt they can dig up, postulate, or concoct. So it's up to you, the loyal, patriotic readers of OlbyWatch, to pitch in and help Krazy Keith in his deranged jihad. Post your dastardly Glenn Beck information here. Since Olby reads this site, and gets his "news stories" from blogs anyhow, you know your scoops will be read by the infamous deplorable one. Comments are open!
Comments are open!
Comments are open!
Another night of deranged mendacity from the infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann. What lies will he tell? Who will he smear? Do your recapping right here. Comments are open!