Buy Text-Link-Ads here
Recent Comments

    follow OlbyWatch on Twitter

    In

    John Gibson Welcomes Back the Infamous, Deplorable Keith Olbermann

    Philly wrote: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It's not shingles that makes you a ... [more](10)

    In

    Welcome Back, Olby!

    syvyn11 wrote: <a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/keith-olbermann-reviving-worst... [more](9)

    In

    Former Obama Support/Donor Releases Song Supporting Romney/Ryan: "We'll Take It Back Again" by Kyle Tucker

    syvyn11 wrote: @philly I don't see that happening. ESPN has turned hyper left in recent... [more](64)

    In

    Blue-Blog-a-Palooza: Ann Romney Edition!

    djthereplay wrote: By mkdawuss on August 29, 2012 6:17 PM Will John Gibson be having a "Red-B... [more](4)

    In

    No Joy in Kosville...Mighty Olby Has Struck Out

    djwolf76 wrote: "But the FOX-GOP relationship (which is far more distinguished and prevalen... [more](23)

    KO Mini Blog



    What's in the Olbermann Flood Feed?
    Subscribe to Olbermann Flood Feed:
    RSS/XML

    KO Countdown Clock


    Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/owatch/www/www.olbermannwatch.com/docs/countdown.php on line 5
    KO's new contract with MSNBC ends in...
    0 days 0 hours 0 minutes

    OlbermannWatch.com "My Faves" Set

    OlbermannWatch.com Favorited Photos from other Flickr Users

    Got OlbyPhotos? See some on Flickr? DO NOT email us. Send us a FlickrMail instead. Include a link to the photo. If we like the photo you will see it displayed in the Olby Flickr Flood above.

    New to Flickr? Sign up for a FREE Flickr account!


    Got some OlbyVideo? See some on YouTube? DO NOT email us. Send us a YouTube Messages instead. Include a link to the video. If we like the video you will see it displayed in our favorites list in our YouTube page.

    New to YouTube? Sign up for a FREE YouTube account!

    Red Meat Blog
    Keith Olbermann Quotes
    Countdown Staff Writers

    If they're not on Keith's payroll...

    ...they should be...

    Crooks & Liars
    Daily Kos
    Eschaton
    Huffington Post
    Media Matters for America
    MyDD
    News Corpse
    No Quarter
    Raw Story
    Talking Points Memo
    Think Progress
    TVNewser
    Keith Lovers

    MSNBC's Countdown
    Bloggerman
    MSNBC Transcripts
    MSNBC Group at MSN

    Drinking with Keith Olbermann
    Either Relevant or True
    KeithOlbermann.org
    Keith Olbermann is Evil
    Olbermann Nation
    Olbermann.org
    Thank You, Keith Olbermann

    Don't Be Such A Douche
    Eyes on Fox
    Liberal Talk Radio
    Oliver Willis
    Sweet Jesus I Hate Bill O'Reilly

    Anonymous Rat
    For This Relief Much Thanks
    Watching Olbermann Watch

    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site I
    Keith Olbermann Fanlisting Site II
    Keith Olbermann Links
    Olberfans
    Sports Center Altar
    Nothing for Everyone

    Democratic Underground KO Forum
    Television Without Pity KO Forum
    Loony KO Forum (old)
    Loony KO Forum (new)
    Olberfans Forum (old)
    Olberfans Forum (new)
    Keith Watchers

    186k per second
    Ace of Spades HQ
    Cable Gamer
    Dean's World
    Doug Ross@Journal
    Extreme Mortman
    Fire Keith Olbermann
    Hot Air
    Inside Cable News
    Instapundit
    Jawa Report
    Johnny Dollar's Place
    Just One Minute
    Little Green Footballs
    Mark Levin
    Media Research Center
    Moonbattery.com
    Moorelies
    National Review Media Blog
    Narcissistic Views
    Newsbusters
    Pat Campbell Show
    Radio Equalizer
    Rathergate
    Riehl World View
    Sister Toldjah
    Toys in the Attic
    Webloggin
    The Dark Side of Keith Olbermann
    World According to Carl

    Thanks for the blogroll link!

    Age of Treason
    Bane Rants
    The Blue Site
    Cabal of Doom-De Oppresso Libre
    Chuckoblog
    Conservative Blog Therapy
    Conservathink
    Country Store
    Does Anyone Agree?
    The Drunkablog!
    Eclipse Ramblings
    If I were President of USA
    I'll Lay Down My Glasses
    Instrumental Rationality
    JasonPye.com
    Kevin Dayhoff
    Last Train Out Of Hell
    Leaning Straight Up
    Limestone Roof
    Mein BlogoVault
    NostraBlogAss
    Peacerose Journal
    The Politics of CP
    Public Secrets: from the files of the Irishspy
    Rat Chat
    Return of the Conservatives
    The Right Place
    Rhymes with Right
    seanrobins.com
    Six Meat Buffet
    Sports and Stuff
    Stout Republican
    Stuck On Stupid
    Things I H8
    TruthGuys
    Verum Serum
    WildWeasel

    Friends of OlbyWatch

    Aaron Barnhart
    Eric Deggans
    Jason Clarke
    Ron Coleman
    Victria Zdrok
    Keith Resources

    Google News: Keith Olbermann
    Feedster: Keith Olbermann
    Technorati: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Keith Olbermann
    Wikipedia: Countdown
    Wikiality: Keith Olbermann
    Keith Olbermann Quotes on Jossip
    Keith Olbermann Photos
    NNDB Olbermann Page
    IMDB Olbermann Page
    Countdown Guest Listing & Transcripts
    Olbermann Watch FAQ
    List of Politics on Countdown (by party)
    Mark Levin's Keith Overbite Page
    Keith Olbermann's Diary at Daily Kos
    Olbermann Watch in the News

    Houston Chronicle
    Playboy
    The Journal News
    National Review
    San Antonio Express
    The Hollywood Reporter
    The Journal News
    Los Angeles Times
    American Journalism Review
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    St. Petersburg Times
    Kansas City Star
    New York Post/Page Six
    Washington Post
    Associated Press
    PBS
    New York Daily News
    Online Journalism Review
    The Washingon Post
    Hartford Courant
    WTWP-AM
    The New York Observer
    The Washington Post


    Countdown with Keith Olbermann
    Great Moments in Broadcast Journalism
    Great Thanks Hall of Fame
    Keith Olbermann
    MSM KO Bandwagon
    Olbermann
    Olbermann Watch Channel on You Tube
    Olbermann Watch Debate
    Olbermann Watch Image Gallery
    Olbermann Watch Polling Service
    OlbermannWatch
    OlbyWatch Link Roundup
    TVNewser "Journalism"

    July 2013
    September 2012
    August 2012
    April 2012
    March 2012
    February 2012
    January 2012
    December 2011
    November 2011
    October 2011
    September 2011
    August 2011
    July 2011
    June 2011
    May 2011
    April 2011
    March 2011
    February 2011
    January 2011
    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010
    July 2010
    June 2010
    May 2010
    April 2010
    March 2010
    February 2010
    January 2010
    December 2009
    November 2009
    October 2009
    September 2009
    August 2009
    July 2009
    June 2009
    May 2009
    April 2009
    March 2009
    February 2009
    January 2009
    December 2008
    November 2008
    October 2008
    September 2008
    August 2008
    July 2008
    June 2008
    May 2008
    April 2008
    March 2008
    February 2008
    January 2008
    December 2007
    November 2007
    October 2007
    September 2007
    August 2007
    July 2007
    June 2007
    May 2007
    April 2007
    March 2007
    February 2007
    January 2007
    December 2006
    November 2006
    October 2006
    September 2006
    August 2006
    July 2006
    June 2006
    May 2006
    April 2006
    March 2006
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    September 2005
    August 2005
    June 2005
    May 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    November 2004

    Google

    Olbermann Watch Masthead

    Managing Editor

    Robert Cox
    olby at olbywatch dot com

    Contributors

    Mark Koldys
    Johnny Dollar's Place

    Brandon Coates
    OlbyWatch

    Chris Matthews' Leg
    Chris Matthews' Leg

    Howard Mortman
    Extreme Mortman

    Trajan 75
    Think Progress Watch

    Konservo
    Konservo

    Doug Krile
    The Krile Files

    Teddy Schatz
    OlbyWatch

    David Lunde
    Lundesigns

    Alex Yuriev
    Zubrcom

    Red Meat
    OlbyWatch



    Technorati Links to OlbyWatchLinks to OlbermannWatch.com

    Technorati Links to OlbyWatch Blog posts tagged with "Olbermann"

    Combined Feed
    (OlbyWatch + KO Mini-blog)

    Who Links To Me


    Mailing List RSS Feed
    Google Groups
    Subscribe to Olbermann Watch Mailing List
    Email:
    Visit this group



    XML
    Add to Google
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe with Pluck RSS reader
    R|Mail
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!

    Subscribe in myEarthlink
    Feed Button Help


    Olbermann Watch, "persecuting" Keith since 2004


    April 14, 2010
    Flustered Olbermann Calls Bathtub Story a Lie, Gibson Responds!

    We noted yesterday how the twitter hashtag #bathtubboy was driving Keith Olbermann to exasperation. Today he kicked it up a notch, telling someone (as he was blocking them from following OlbyTweets):

    • @JayoftheDead You do know John Gibson simply made up the bathtub crap after MSNBC fired him, right? You live his lie. #beseeingyou

    Keith really is the new Edward R Murrow, isn't he? Perhaps he'll become even more discombobulated when he hears John Gibson's retort to his sophomoric attacks. We have the audio for your listening pleasure:

    Discuss, resolve, and then recap tonight's Hour of Spin. Comments are open!


    Posted by johnny dollar | Permalink | Comments (42) | | View blog reactions

    42 Comments

    Just add it to ever growing list of lies from Goebbels Olbermann.

    Gibby is clinging to a baseless ad hominem.

    Keith mentioned (on the Daily Kos at one time) his disagreements regarding the Lewinsky scandal. He said the media was making something out of a non-story that they just wouldn't let go.

    Speaking of baseless ad hominems toward Keith Olbermann, what's with Mark Levin's creepy fascination with Keith Olbermann's sex life?

    Yes the Minister of Propaganda strikes again. If he bans everyone that says #bathtubboy he'll have like 4 followers. I don't know what the #bathtubboy means or anything on twitter. Like I posted in another post. If the bathtubboy epic was a lie, since Gibson wrote a whole chapter about this punk in his book, told the story on Hannity, and at least two times a week on radio, Queef would have sued him for slander/libel/defamation of character. I love seeing #bathtubboy on every tweet. Could someone explain the mannerisms of twitter lol.

    Changing the subject.

    MK. How is a sex scandal involving the president a "non-story"? How is the potential impeachment of a president for perjury a "non-story"?

    Considering how much time Keith wasted on Carrie Prejean, that excuse doesn't seem to fly.


    ""Speaking of baseless ad hominems toward Keith Olbermann, what's with Mark Levin's creepy fascination with Keith Olbermann's sex life?""-MK


    I don't know. Mark Levin just does a bad Michael Savage impersonation.

    I want to know how John Gibson calling Keith Olbermann bath tub boy is an ad hominem attack. Do you know what ad hominem means or are you just using that because you see smarter people then you posting that at the DailyKos?

    MKDAWUSS said:
    "Keith mentioned (on the Daily Kos at one time) his disagreements regarding the Lewinsky scandal. He said the media was making something out of a non-story that they just wouldn't let go."

    Monika Lewinsky was an intern at the White House. Bill Clinton used his position of authority to have sex with her. If this happened anywhere in the private sector, say a CEO having sex with one of his company's interns, that person would have been fired and sued for sexual harassment. But since a liberal president did it the liberal media covered for him, including bath tub boy (ok that may not be true since Olbermann spent most of the time soaking in the tub rather then defending Clinton).

    MKDAWUSS said:
    "Speaking of baseless ad hominems toward Keith Olbermann, what's with Mark Levin's creepy fascination with Keith Olbermann's sex life?"

    This goes back to the racist discussion the other day. The whole point of anyone going after Olbermann for his sex life is to point out how much time Olbermann spends going after other people's sex life. Look how much time Olbermann spent on Carrie Prejean's breats, or how much time he spent on Scott Brown's modeling career, or about Scott Brown's wife's music video appearance, or Mark Sanford's sexual infidelity, or Bill O'Reilly's supposed reading of playboy and on and on. Levin is only being absurd to point out the absurd.

    Wow, just visited Olby's Twitter account. Does he spend all day on Twitter or what? I thought he anchored his own show? He sure does have a lot of free time.

    How much time does Olbermann really need to prepare? He visits four or five progressive blogs, rips off some material and then spews it out on his show. 30 minutes prep time would be a generous estimate.

    WPITW: THE MOVIE!

    Bronze: Orely Tates- for kicked out of a Tea Party meeting (Olby calling tea parties 'klan rallies'). Now swears he won't Rush "Orely Tates" any more. Well thank Mariska for that!

    Silver: Hannity- For calling Obama 'Nevill Chamberlin' Olby gets it wrong as usual

    GOLD: BILL-O: for his interview with Bill Corburn. Olby uses a mocking voice and gets it wrong as usual.

    WPITW: THE MOVIE! Staring Matthew Fox as Keith Olbermann, Wil Wheaton as Rachel Maddow, Pierce Brosnan as Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh as himself and Johnny Dollar as the Beaver!

    WPITW: THE MOVIE coming a day after the end of the world!

    "Pierce Brosnan as Sean Hannity"


    .... no.

    Bill's interview with Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) can be seen here.

    And just in, viewer e-mails:
    Jay Trawets, Fort Myers, FL: "Senator Coburn is right. There have been some vicious things said about President Obama on Fox News and that's not good for the country."
    Bill's response: "Well, you have to cite those vicious things, Jay, before I buy the 'good for the country' business."

    Pam Hopkins, Vienna, VA: "Coburn admonished Fox News for distorting the facts by distorting the facts himself!"

    What was the spin, Syvyn? Did Merkle say that Bill scolded Coburn like a teacher? Or that Coburn reported to the Principal's office? Keith Olbermann: Besmirching icons (like Ted Knight) since 2003.

    This was a new voice. More clown like. Kind of a mix of Bozo and John Wayne Gacy.

    #5A: Video title: "Tea Parties created as a political ploy." Ken Vogel of Politico kissed his credibility goodbye.
    #5B: Oklahoma creating a state militia! Did somebody say "militia [Ding!]"? The disbarred Johnny Deano dropped by.

    #4: McCain! Steve Clemons made his second appearance of the week.

    Oddball: Volcano!

    #3: Video title: "Is Obama dismembering the space program?" Derrick Pitts is tempting me to use the word "hack" because whenever space is a topic, he's on the Hour of Spin.

    #2: See Syvyn's earlier comment.

    #1: The Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys made themselves irrelevant...until they show up on "Red Eye." Please?

    More on the O'Reilly Attack: Keith played gotcha by using quotes from Glenn Beck twice in November (one quote with O'Reilly deceptively credited as "Host" and not himself), Dick Morris in November, Judge Andrew Napolitano in November, Greta Van Susteren in October. Where did Herr Olbermann get all this from? You guessed it: Media Matters. Rip 'n Read strikes again.

    NOTE: I watched WPitW with the sound off. So, I still don't know what he said, but I do know how he said it. I could tell he went back to Ted Baxter after the gotcha fest and ended with a final snarky blow.

    Sorry Mike, but Keith goes so fast and I can only type so much. And also I have to fight to keep the bile down while listening. It's a task, but it's one I take freely.

    Can I link to my blog, too? Oy.

    I didn't write it.

    Just watched Bath Tub Boy's interview with the guys from Cinematic Titanic. Olby was in a lose, lose situation. If he unbuttoned the jacket everyone would see his huge gut. But he keeps it closed and his buttons look like they are hanging on for dear life.

    Hey Keith, stop Twittering all day and get to the gym...it will do you a world of good. I've got a great 5 day program of weight lifting and cardio...plus it still leaves you over 22 hours a day to tweet.

    Looked like he was trying to dress like 80's Letterman with the tennis shoes and everything. But I agree he looked like a walrus.

    And how about that endless bragging about that article he wrote back in 90 on MST 3k. Geez, get a mop

    Simply by acknowledging Gibson's story, bath tub boy is admitting his guilt. If he wasn't guilty then he would not be running around calling Gibson a liar. He wouldn't care.

    According to Mediaite, which doubles as a media news site and a liberal blog, Olby omitted info in his O'Reilly Attack. The Frances Martel post I link to is mostly favorable to Keith--and yet Keith hates the site?!--and mostly unfavorable to Bill and Sen. Coburn, but there *was* this:
    "... Our managing editor Colby Hall pulled up a clip of Glenn Beck (not the same one as Olbermann's) warning his audience that not having insurance could put them in jail. And he noted what Olbermann chose to omit. All the quotes that Olbermann's 'crack team' found were from October or November, during which health care reform was still fragmented into various bills and the possibility of jail penalties for not following up properly to acquire insurance was still possible. Sure, O'Reilly was technically wrong–very wrong–to claim that no one on Fox News had ever claimed jail time was a possibility, but omitting the context in which it is possible O'Reilly was operating is just as disingenuous on Olbermann's part."

    I'm sure it felt good to say that Bill "was technically wrong-very wrong..." She also left out who Rip 'n Read's "crack staff" (Oralmann's slur toward "The Factor") really was: Media Matters, as I said in an earlier comment. On the plus side, Olby was "disingenuous." Ya think?
    FelixW in her post's comment thread: "I never hear Bill O'Reilly mention Olbermann, but Olbermann obsesses about O'Reilly. But this is just part of the general pattern: Fox reports on the news, and MSNBC whines about Fox." Apt.

    So the Mystery Science Theater guys showed up tonight? I am just going to take a wild guess that Olbermann probably talked about himself the entire segment, he has a tendency of doing that when referring to comedy acts that he likes. He is always a jackass, but when talking about SNL, The Daily Show or Monty Python, his narcissistic jerk level is off the charts. He really is a psychiatric study, an adult who projects like a bully but runs and hides whenever somebody calls him out. I guess these comedy segments are a guarantee for MSNBC that he won't say anything exceptionally moronic.

    Based on what meerkat posted, I was right about Olbermann turning the final segment into something about himself. Wasn't Keith just starting at ESPN back in 1990? Why was he writing articles about MST3K? I could just watch the segment, but the thought of of having to listen to his voice isn't sitting well with me tonight.

    Hey MK, I doubt you are still hanging around in this thread since you have been called out, but it's worth a shot.

    I have to further build off of what pewp said. MK, do you even understand what an ad hominem attack is? If the SPECIFIC CLAIM that you are leveling against the person is an actual fact, how in the hell is using the original story a personal attack against the person which doesn't address the argument? The argument is that Keith Olbermann is called Bath Tub Boy because John Gibson witnessed first hand that Olbermann wouldn't come into work and instead stayed in the tub. How is calling him Bath Tub Boy an ad hominem attack? Gibson wasn't calling him Bath Tub Boy in attempt to discredit other arguments that Olbermann was making, he is actually claiming that Olbermann sat in a tub, thus giving him the title. Ad hominem attacks are when somebody responds to a claim or challenge with a personal attack which sidesteps the original accusation.

    Even in the context of Gibson constantly using the term to refer to Olbermann at all times isn't an ad hominem attack. Gibson calls him bath tub boy because Olbermann is so incredibly biased that he wouldn't come to work when a Democrat was in trouble. He isn't personally insulting Olbermann to win an argument outside of the claim, the actual argument is that Olbermann is a liberal hack because of the bath tub boy story. If the story actually is true, it's merely an insult, it's not an ad hominem attack.

    dear lord, KO thinks he's being clever on his Twitter replying to everyone who insults him, but he just looks juvenile.

    Here's a nice exchange about how Keith says the opposition lacks minorities:

    @KeithOlbermann Your a racist! Where R all the Minority news anchors on MSNBC?? CNN & FOX have plenty! Where are yours???? U RACIST!

    @JoeTheMailman Fox has none. We have one who fills in for me, another who fills in for Rachel, one who does 2 hours in the afternoon ...we have all the guys who were promoted to NBC, and we have all the guys and women who are reporters, and #beseeingyou

    @KeithOlbermann Julie Banderas: Geraldo : Have there own Show on FOX! MSNBC does NOT allow Minorities to have there own show, Why??

    @KeithOlbermann Julie Banderas: Geraldo & Harris Faulkner all appear on FOX & you do NOT have one Hispanic! "U should be ashamed"!

    "Fox has none." An easily refuted statement, as evidenced by the fact that JoeTheMailman EASILY REFUTES IT.

    And seriously, what's up with KO and all these pissing contests. Joe: "Your network doesn't have any minorities." Keith: "Nuh uh. Your networks don't, dummy." Not that he had any credibility to start, but how does this help his cause? so sad.

    Not that Olby would have seen JoeTheMailman's response, since he clearly blocked him before the easy refutation of KO's whining took place (not that Joe's tone and rhetoric is appropriate, but why is KO engaging at his level. He's a national anchor for a major news organization, and the other guy is some dude with a Twitter account. So much for stature. I mean, Maddow doesn't play in the mud on her account).

    You'd think Olby would have a more open mind about these things. He did after all tweet this:

    @ReasonVsFear nope no blocking here!
    11:29 AM Apr 12th via Twitterrific in reply to ReasonVsFear

    No blocking indeed. Unless of course they challenge his worldview with logic and he has to run away before his head explodes. All to easy to classify even the legitimate debaters as hecklers and trolls for KO, right. After all, that's the standard operating procedure at KOS.

    America,

    I know what you mean. I think his over-inflated ego gets the best of him. He surrounds himself with "yes men" all day long and then more of the same during his show so I really believe he does not know how to handle any sort of criticism. You cannot name one TV news anchor who sits on Twitter and insults people all day long. If it were me I would just block the user and be done with it. No response, no retorts...just block, delete and move on.

    I read some of the statements to Olby and his responses. For the life of me I cannot understand why he responds. I find it very amusing and it makes for good comedy but you would think after the David Shuster incident that MSNBC would have some guidelines about their employees posting on Twitter.

    I hope he continues to post because I personally find it hilarious and you know one of his tweets is going to get him into hot water with the MSNBC brass.

    Having checked the transcript, the reason Bill's name was changed to "Host" was for Olbermahn's "that person was..." grand reveal. The O'Reilly Attack went like this:
    "Our winner, Billo the clown [Ding!]. After Senator Coburn spanked him and Fox News..." Why don't you say he schooled and pwned them? Continue. "...for leading an Oklahoma woman to believe she could go to jail if she didn't buy health insurance, O'Reilly condescended to tell the senator, ... O'Reilly's crack research team as usual. Glenn Beck, Fox News, November 12th: ... Dick Morris, Fox News, November 9th, ... Andrew Napolitano, Fox News, November 10th—I don't do an impression of him—..." Aren't we lucky? "Greta Van Susteren, Fox News, to Congressman Shadegg, October 7th, ... And Beck again, November 13th. Beck, ... Host, ... Beck, ... The host in that conversation was O'Reilly. It was on his show. (Ted Baxter voice): 'We researched to find out if anybody ever said you were going to go to jail if you don't buy health insurance. Nobody has ever said it.' In other words, Bill couldn't find a quote from his own show with both hands. Billo the clown [Ding!], back from retirement and proving he can still bring the stupid [Ding!], today's worst person in the world."

    On OlbyPlanet, anyone that King Olbermoronn disagrees with is stupid, can't find stuff with their own hands, doesn't practice any journalism, is crazy, is insane, is a hypocrite, and on and on. Pinhead doesn't begin to describe him.

    I figure turnabout is fair play for Olbermann.

    If Keith doesn't like being called Bathtubboy, he needs to prove Gibson wrong.

    I believe that was the illogical standard that Keith set up when he was insulting Scott Brown.

    The new Murrow?

    Considering his ill-advised foray into politics from an unrelated journalistic field, his noted girth, his love of reviewing things (evidenced by his harping about his MST3K review from 1990), his brain's ability to fuel arguments with half-logical conclusions, and his incessant snarking on Twitter because he has nothing better to do, it seems to me that Keith Olbermann is actually the next coming of Roger Ebert.

    Just today, in fact, Olbermann responded to an Ebert tweet wondering why the DNC doesn't advertise on Fox News that taxes are the lowest they have been in 60 years (according to Ebert, probably based on some strange income redistribution logic he is fond of). Olbermann tweeted back that the DNC only advertises where there is agreement with their message.

    I'm sure Olby think's his making a dig at Fox News being a Republican outlet. But all Olby is demonstrating is that Fox News is not aligned to a political party, especially not the DNC.

    (For the record, Ebert has blogged before that he considers MSNBC too extreme to the left, and doesn't find Olbermann a credible host. I'm sure he'll soon flip flop on this position)

    In another tweet, Olby criticized a comment that more Americans identify themselves as conservative by suggesting that a majority of Americans don't support the Tea Party or vote Republican. Which is technically true, but in our pluralistic society, a majority of Americans also don't vote for the Democrats. This is a typical example of KO's stunted thought process. Looking at 2008, Obama received 53% of the vote, or about 70 million votes. Simple math tells you that 70 million out of 300 is clearly not a majority. Even among eligible voters, turnout was 63%. Factoring this in, Obama received only about 33% of all eligible votes. Hardly a majority.

    But typical of Keith, who loves to use numbers to make his point while either dismissing or not realizing how easily the same set of data can be used to make the exact opposite point of his.

    All in a day's work for Keith Olbermann, the new Ebert.

    More astonishing tweets from the new Ebert:

    Remember how KO likes to say the Tea Party is racist because there are never any black people (in the footage MSNBC crops)?

    Well, here's a Tweeter named Victoria Jeannette (torriejae) who describes herself has half-black and a Tea partier:

    "Being black, I get to make @KeithOlbermann look like an idiot just by attending Tea Parties. Way too easy!"

    New Ebert's response?

    @torriejae perhaps. But you make yourself look like an idiot first, and forever. #beseeingyou

    Are you not just floored by the professionalism and creativity seeping through that KO tweet?

    Thesis disproven, he can resort only to childish name-calling. A hallmark of the Olby way.

    Side note: some of the tweest associated with that discussion threat are marked with the #OlbermannIdiot tag

    Olby's also going off today (being Jackie Robinson day) about the Dodgers of 2010 having fewer American-born blacks on it today than in 1953. Or 1965. Or whatever arbitrary year he picks to prove some meaningless point. Is he trying to say that the Dodgers are beholden to only hiring black American players or something? Why does MLB.com put up with this inanity?

    I mean, come on. Maybe the Dodgers don't have as many American born blacks than 1953. But they certainly have more than they did in 1946. Dumbass. And I guess we should discount the fact that foreign-born minority players also were barred from playing in the majors prior to Jackie Robinson. So any of them playing for the Dodgers shouldn't count, right?

    Of course, only a racist practicing projection would even care about a BS stat like this. It must have been overlooked by the rest of us BECAUSE WE AREN'T RACIST AND THEREFORE AREN'T THINING ABOUT RACE!!!!

    Once again, Olby's desire for a socially engineered utopia is clouding his logic. Sadly, his line of thinking is all too common among the American ilk.

    Yeah. The stuff about the lack of black American ball players gets under my skin.

    There are less black American ball players in the MLB than there used to be. So what?

    If the MLB had actively discriminatory policies, that would be another issue (like banning black ball players) but they don't. It's a complete non-issue.

    I'm now following Victoria Jeannette, and suggest we all do. Give her our support and that she isn't alone!

    Typical liberal and Olby defender...why you cannot make an intelligent argument or debate the facts you deflect and deter the topic.

    But since you brought it up...when was the last time Bath Tub Boy ever came close to Beck's ratings? And Beck is on at 5:00 pm EST...I didn't think it was possible but you just made yourself look like a bigger idiot.

    Well done, sir.

    The other day I did a comparison of Beck's April ratings with his April ratings of 2009. He's actually slightly ahead of where he was last year. (You don't want to know how much Olbermann is DOWN from 2009.) So much for that, the latest attempt to defend Olbermann by changing the subject to someone else. But you have to understand the Olbyloons. that's really the only defense they have.

    The whole issue of using month to month versus year to year for ratings was debunked in another threade on this site. MKDAWUSS, can't you come up with something better then worthless methodology to defend Olbermann?

    Leave a new comment